• Published 5th Dec 2021
  • 603 Views, 10 Comments

Starlight's Crazy Dream, Or is it Real? - StormLuna



Several months ago Starlight had a horrible nightmare where two strangers came into her room and attempted to wipe her out. Ever since then she had been scared that the ponies in it were real. Eventually she would find out.

  • ...
 10
 603

It's All Real

Nine months had passed since Starlight had a nightmare where two mares that referred to themselves as the new girls tried to wipe herself along with some of her friends out haunted her. In the nightmare they claimed to be StormLuna's favorites and said that they, especially this lilac colored unicorn, had replaced her as his number one. In the nightmare Luna saved her from them in the end but ever since then, she has had trouble sleeping as she always was scared that they would return and succeed in what they failed at in the nightmare.


It was a December night and Starlight Glimmer was having trouble getting to sleep. It was back in March when she had a nightmare involving a unicorn and an earth pony claiming to have replaced her in StormLuna's heart. Princess Luna had told her that they weren't real but the nightmare seemed so real. Ever since then, every pop she heard in the night scared her, making her wonder if the new girls were returning to torment her further.

It was around midnight when a bright light appeared at the foot of her bed. She shot up and asked, "What is it, what's going on?"

She then saw a tear opening up and out of this tear stepped a figure, a figure that very quickly revealed itself as a pony, an orange Alicorn. The Alicorn gasped, "I can't believe it Izzy, I really can tear holes in the fabric of time."

Next Starlight saw a lilac colored unicorn with a poofy blue mane and tail step through it. The unicorn looked at her and exclaimed, "Hi new friend, My name is Izzy!"

Starlight was horrified when she saw this, it was the new girls from her nightmare nine months ago to the day. She immediately yelled, "Princess Luna, help me! They're back!"

Another pony stepped through, a purpleish-pink pegasus with white wings. She had some sort of device and asked, "Hey Sunny, do you think the palace wi-fi will travel through the tear you created?"

Sunny suggested, "Pipp, how about you see if you have a signal?"

Pipp looked down at her device and noticed that she did so she immediately began a live stream, "Check it out Pippsqueaks, my friend Sunny Starscout successfully tore a hole open through time and we are in Ancient Equestria." She pointed the camera towards Starlight and continued, "and it is a true ancient Equestrian!" She approached Starlight and asked, "And what is your name?"

Starlight was less than thrilled that there were now three "new girls" in her bedroom with her and one had some sort of crazy device and was making no sense. She yelled, "I'm not telling you anything because you're making no sense and I don't trust you."

Izzy chimed in, "We don't mean you any harm if that helps any."

Pipp turned back to her device and added, "Well pippsqueaks, that is all for now. Once she becomes more cooperative, I'll be back. Gottago, Pipp-Pipp Hooray!"

Starlight noticed that something was different about one of them. No longer was the orange pony an earth pony like she was in her nightmare, she was an Alicorn. She first wanted to find out who exactly these three mares were, "Ok, two of you have shown up before in my nightmare but who exactly are you."

"My name is Sunny Starscout and I returned friendship to Equestria."

"I'm Izzy Moonbow, your new friend!"

"I'm Princess Pipp, the most popular pony in Zephyr Heights."

Pipp was completely unfamiliar to her but she had bigger concerns that finding more about her. She asked, "I want to know something, why are you three here?"

Sunny replied, "To let you know that at least one of us has replaced you."

Izzy added, "I'm sorry but I replaced you as StormLuna's favorite pony."

Starlight flared her horn up in anger and yelled, "No you didn't! This is nothing more than a nightmare! None of you are real!"

Upon hearing the commotion, Twilight got up and ran into Starlight's bedroom. When she got there she looked at the three and asked, "Who are you three and why are you harassing my friend?"

When Sunny saw her she immediately ran to her and exclaimed, "Princess Twilight, is it really you?"

Twilight replied, "Well yeah....."

Pipp heard this and immediately knew that she had to live stream this. She pointed the camera towards Twilight and began, "Check it out Pippsqueaks! I am coming to you from ancient Equestria again and Princess Twilight Sparkle was no myth, she actually was real!"

Twilight gasped, "Was real?"

Sunny got in the shot and added, "Yeah, as it turns out my dad was right. He always brought up ancient Equestria and nopony would believe him."

Twilight asked, "What do you mean? What is going to happen to Equestria to make them think I was just a myth?"

Sunny replied, "Well it was at some point in the past that everything went downhill here in Equestria. He wound up passing before he could tell me exactly what happened but from what he did tell me, he said something about you not caring so much about the ponies anymore and then them turning on you."

Twilight gasped, "What, that can not be! I will always care about the ponies of Equestria, always!"

Sunny continued, "He said something about....."

A fourth pony came through the portal, an off white pegasus. She yelled, "Sunny, don't tell her too much. It could alter history if you do and we'd never exist."

Sunny looked towards her and sighed, "You do make a point." She turned back to Twilight though and said, "But what Izzy says is true, she is number one now, not Starlight."

This caused Starlight to again yell, "That isn't true! None of you are real."

Pipp gave her a smile, "I'll prove it." She then turned back to her phone and said, "Well Pippsqueaks I have to go for now, I'll be back on later. Pipp-Pipp Hooray!"

She then ended the live stream and walked over to Starlight, showing her her phone. She logged into the site where she could prove what they were saying was true. She then went to StormLuna's user page and showed it to her. Starlight saw this and was in a state of shock. What she saw was a ton of Izzy and Sunny along with a decent amount of Pipp too. Starlight first yelled, "This can not be, that has to be a fake account!"

Pipp pointed to something and added, "I'm sorry but the user number is his."

Izzy sat down next to her and added, "I'm sorry new friend. I didn't mean to take away your spot, I guess he likes my personality more."

Starlight became angrier, "No, this can not be real. This is nothing more than a nightmare!" She then screamed louder, "Princess Luna, help me! Please help me!"

Twilight had a solemn look on her face and sighed, "Starlight, I don't think this is a nightmare. I honestly believe this is real because if it were a nightmare, she would have came and saved you." She then grabbed Pipp's smartphone in her aura and levitated it to herself and took a look at it. She turned to Starlight and added, "And we're not his number one ship anymore, this orange Alicorn and the lilac unicorn are...." she paused for a minute before asking Sunny, "in all this artwork though you are an earth pony, how is it you became an Alicorn?"

Sunny began to tell Twilight why until Zipp yelled, "Sunny, don't share anything else with her. We can't have her altering things or we'll never come to be."

Sunny sighed, "Alright, well ladies we probably should get going...." she turned to Pipp and added, "and Pipp, no more live streams until we get back home!"

Pipp replied, "Alright, but once we get home, we're all going live!"

The others sighed knowing that there was no getting out of it once they got back home before they headed back through the portal and Sunny sewed it shut. Once they were gone, Twilight sat next to a visibly shaken and deeply hurt Starlight. Starlight asked, "Twilight, do you really think that is real or is it just something from the future?"

Twilight replied, "Everything matches up but if they're from the future, this could all be a 'what if' scenario and none of it will come to pass."

Starlight had a few tears running down her face knowing that it could very well come to pass. She began to tell Twilight a bit more about her dream from nine months ago. "Twilight, I don't get it. When Luna saved me from that nightmare, she told me that none of those new girls would ever replace me but from the look of his user page, it looks like three of them replaced us, three of them!"

Twilight tried to reassure her, "Starlight, maybe that was just a temporary thing with them being new. You and I were still on there so it isn't like we're gone." She then let out a sigh of frustration, "I don't know what that crazy device of that purple pegasus's was and I don't know how it even works." She then gave Starlight a smile, "How about I stay up with you for the rest of the night? I can tell you need some comforting."

Starlight gave her a smile, "I would really appreciate that Twilight."


When Izzy and her friends got home Pipp immediately got her phone ready and suggested, "How about we do a live stream?"

Sunny was not in the mood for it, "Pipp, can't you go one second without live streaming something?"

Izzy felt bad over it, "I agree with Sunny. We made that unicorn sad enough, we don't need to go boasting about it now that we're back home."

Zipp finished, "I think I'll pass. I want to get a good flight in."

The three then left but that would not stop Pipp from doing her live stream,

"Hello Pippsqueaks! Well my friends and I did prove that Twilight Sparkle was real and that she had a friend who lost her number one spot to Izzy. Can you believe it though, the myths actually are fact and here Zipp was afraid I'd ruin things but I didn't since we're all still here." She then heard a yell from her mother, "Well Pippsqueaks that is all for now. I'll be back on later, gottagobye! Pipp-Pipp Hooray!"

Once Pipp ended her live stream she headed towards the source of the voice and exclaimed, "Can you believe it mom? Princess Twilight was actually real!"

Queen Haven sighed, "Could you tell your friend to stop doing things that could prevent us from ever coming to be? She could have destroyed the time continuum." She paused before adding, "And could you not live stream every little thing? Ugh, I'm surprised you don't live stream yourself sleeping at night or going to the bathroom!"

Pipp laughed, "Mom, I'm not that bad!"

Haven rolled her eyes and headed back to the throne room while Pipp headed to the royal spa to get her normal afternoon pampering and like she always did, she live streamed it.

Comments ( 6 )

At least Starlight is somewhat happy. I could care less about Gen 5 honestly. Gen 4 is still the best.

11074005

I like them both....I wasn't expecting a whole lot out of the movie but it was amazing....there is room in my heart for both.

11079318

We have a special coming up in May and then we have a whole series. You can only do so much in 90 minutes....well 82 minutes if you don't count the credits. They couldn't throw a decent history lesson in there and still be able to do what they did with the story line. A lot of people are curious about that but we have so much more to come. Maybe the May special will involve Sunny and her friends going through her dad's materials and then a journey out to what would likely be Twilight's old castle....likely a ruin by that point, and discovering what happened. The possibilities are many!

11079318
Hey you’re back, nice to see you again.

11080303
You’re welcome, how come you decided to stay?

Login or register to comment