• Published 15th Oct 2021
  • 1,068 Views, 8 Comments

Treasures of the Past - Comrade Bagel Muffin



Pipp "helps" the construction of the skyport, and finds something odd.

  • ...
0
 8
 1,068

The Art and the Soul

Pipp paced around her room occasionally pausing to update her status on her phone. For long she had only had her people to adore her now she had so many more, and while they brought back magic and she was happy about it; that action had taken away what little celebrity the scandalous exposure had left them. Now she had to find out why her people still loved her, and what it was about her that the others liked too. Then there was the whole no livestreaming outside of Zephyr Heights issue, and that nobody else had phones like the pegasi had. Those last two made not just getting fans in Maretime Bay and Bridlewood difficult, but also talking to them in real time was absolutely impossible.

“Oh, this is such a disaster. What am I supposed to do?” She groaned flopping down on her bed. “This is impossible. I’ve never dealt with anything like this before, I can’t do it.” She paused a second tapping her chin. “If I can’t do it being myself, what if I try being somebody else, what would mom do? Well she’d probably have a photo opt tell everybody she’s going to build signal towers all over then in four to five years blame those pesky bureaucrats for nothing getting done. I mean I could do that but I don’t want to wait years for people to notice me.”

She sighed and turned on her phones radio. And started walking down the hall “What it I tried Zipp. Hmm. What does Zipp do. I mean she spends like three hours on her mane getting all ‘cool’ looking then pretends that it’s all just like that, and she’s not into the filly stuff. Then she sulks about being board, and goes wondering off to her little hidey hole that we’re renovating for the earth ponies and uni-corns.” She smiled. “I just had an idea, if I go down there and make it look absolutely amazing then all the visitors will see how great I am and will of course become my fans and more fans means more friends! I already love this idea!” Pip ran off to the airship station.

The airship station was a beehive of activity as pegasi, unicorns, and earth ponies worked tirelessly to get the air terminal back to its former glory. Pipp glided down to the platform, prancing up to the foreman after her landing. “Hello princess Pipp. I wasn’t expecting a royal visit so soon, especially from you.”

“I was wondering if I could help make this place amazing, like truly gorgeous, so all the visitors to Zephyr Heights know that I really do care. Do you have anything that I could do that would accomplish that without working up to much of a sweat I just got my mane done and don’t want to mess it up.”

“Well it’s to early to really glamorize this place, right now we’re getting the old parts up and running, but we haven’t touched any of the old art. Why don’t you go and pick which ones the artist should keep and which ones should go to the museums?” He offered.

“That’s an amazing idea!” She trotted in place. I’m going to make sure on the most fabulous art stays!” She started trotting off looking around at the various art deco that was around the station. As she walked down a couple of side halls suddenly things became very quiet. Pipp didn't really mind the noise would be terrible for her audio. She pulled out her phone and started live streaming. "Hello Pippsqueaks it's me Princess Pipp, I was thinking it's such a shame that our new friends in Bridlewood and Maretime don't have phones like all of us. So it's a lot harder for me to show them how much I care, so right now I'm down at the skyport doing a very important job. you see Pippsqueak all the pictures here are going to be hand picked by me to make sure that they all absolutely lover our city." She smiled and waved at the camera. "Any way Pippsqueaks. I'm signing off." She smiled at least the pegasi Pippsqueaks knew she loved them. After a couple minutes. She found a small dark hallway. "Hello."

"Hello, darling how are you." A blue light illuminates the hall way revealing a gorgeous white unicorn with blue eyes and a rich purple mane and tail. "Oh darling your wings are simply gorgeous."

"Thank you, your mane and tail are amazing." She looks at the unicorn before her eyes spot the art next to her. She gasped. "You look just like her."

"Oh that, hmm. I don't know I'm not sure the artist caught my mane right that's why, I have it here." The unicorn looked over the painting.

"Don't sell it's amazing, could we use it front and center for the Bridlewood stop so it's the first thing they see when the get here."

"Oh that would be simple wonderful here let me get this off the wall for you." She floated the picture down revealing a small cave leading into the mountain. "Oh my that's new. I wonder where it goes, Do you want to go see darling?" The white unicorn asked looking over to Pipp.

"It looks dirty. But, there could be something that the construction ponies need to know about." She turned on her phone, "Remember Pipp you're doing this for all the new Pippsqueaks." She turned on her phone's light. "Come on." Pipp lead the way her phone light illuminating a small cavern while the blue light of the unicorn's horn cast a circle of light around them.

"If we keep going straight this will lead us to the old control room for the Skyport. I remember when my sister and her colt friend both saw their first sky ship landing at our home it was priceless."

"I missed the first ship to Bridlewood, drat that must be what Zipp is there for."

"So what was it like?"

''Oh it was a grand thing absolutely in the words of my brother-in-law 'Epic'." She followed Pipp just behind her.A few minutes later they found themselves in a small room full of times, flight plans, and weather maps all over the place, all of them old.

"Wow this place is amazing. I mean it's dusty, dark, and dirty but amazing." She walked around the room the unicorn walked around the other way.

"Oh dear I was wondering where I put this. Come look at this." Pipp walked over to the unicorn who was sitting on the ground looking at a book.

"What's this?" Pipp opened the book and pointed her phone's light to read it. Inside there was a picture of six ponies: two, pegasi, a yellow one that looked really shy, the other one had a rainbow mane and looked kind of like her sister, two earth ponies, one in a hat and the other a pink one looked like the happiest thing that ever was or will be, and two unicorns a purple one and a-"Hey this one looks exactly like you." She looked around. She was completely alone. "Okay that's that's scary where'd you go? Hello?!"

"Hello." A pony opened the door. "Princess how did you get in here?"

"I-" She looked around. "I came through that hole." The hole they'd come through was gone. "There was a unicorn with me we were talking about the airship that landed in Bridlewood today."

"We don't even have the airships up and running yet your highness."

"Huh." She picked up the book, "Right I-I think I'm going home." She trotted away. "I-I'll be back later to help bye."

Comments ( 8 )

Hello Pippsqueaks it's me Pricess Pipp, I was thinking it's such a shame that our new friends in Bridlewood and Maretime don't have phones like all of us.

You misspelled princess

So it looks like pipp still trying to get new viewers but unfortunately because due to the technology from both cities do not have cell phones which that kind of confuses me but anyway she wanted to live stream what she's doing but it looks like mysterious Pony helping her and it looks like they found an old painting of The Mane 6 but it looks like it turns out that was like the spirit of Rarity so she got spook and took the book but that was pretty interesting so far keep up the good work

I see Pipp I upvote lol, good read though! must be tough to get fans in hick towns :p

If I had to be nitpicky I'd say some of your sentences run on a too long but I overall enjoyed it!

Another good story and another piece of the puzzle. I look forward to seeing what you do next!

So essentiallyRarity haunts the place

11014555
Basically
11014846
I'm glad you enjoyed it.
11015007
Merci Beaucoup
11016693
Essentially yes

11016693
Or she attached to the most Fabulous of the Mane Five, the one who most follows in her spirit

Login or register to comment