• Published 10th Sep 2012
  • 3,755 Views, 21 Comments

My Little Pony: Bullying is NOT Magic - RunDevilRun007



A young colt learns a valuable lesson about being a bully

  • ...
19
 21
 3,755

My Little Pony: Bullying is NOT Magic (Complete Story)

My Little Pony: Bullying is NOT Magic
By: 007

A relatively warm spring morning in Equestria, all the fillies and colts make their way to school, here at canterlot kindergarten, things are generally peaceful…Except…

A dark blue unicorn trots onto the grass at the kindergarten playground, all the other fillies playing, so happy, so care-free, but him…The blue unicorn just watched the fillies play, anger in his eyes.

He’s always been ignored, and more recently, feared. He watches for awhile and trots closer to the playground…He knocks over a few fillies, pushes one off the slide and makes his way to the swings.

There on the swings was a lone filly, a unicorn with a light green coat and a white mane, sitting with her doll, a somewhat old ragdoll, but a doll she cared about nonetheless, happily sitting and swinging…A perfect target.

“Now, now, Mr. Ruffles, don’t fall down, we don’t want you getting dirty.” The filly said happily. Then she noticed the blue unicorn.

The unicorn stared at her with a rather evil grin on his face.

The filly unicorn stared back at the blue colt with fear. “W-What do you want?” She asked, quivering.

The colt chuckled and responded “ohhh nothing” he smiled evilly, he then noticed the filly’s doll. “oh, who’s this?” his magic levitated the doll towards him.

“NO! DON’T HURT MR. RUFFLES!” the filly screamed while tears welled in her eyes. “YOU LEAVE HIM ALONE YOU BIG BULLY!” trying to rescue her doll

The blue colt just laughed and kept the doll just out of reach of the filly. “hahaha! Try and save Mr Ruffles!”

The light green filly cried and continued to beg the colt to leave the doll alone, but the colt was too amused to care.

The filly now sat on the ground, looking at her cherished doll that is now floating above her, just out of reach…Crying and no longer speaking.

The colt just laughed, but unable to control his magic for very long, being so young, he accidentally lost control of his levitation magic and the doll flew into a tree.

“Oops…” The colt said quietly. “I wasn’t done with that yet!” he said aloud. He used his magic to levitate the doll back over to him, but in the process it tore one of the doll’s legs off by getting it caught on a branch and also tore the front and back open a bit, stuffing showing from the tears.

He lay the doll on the ground in front of the filly.

“NO! MR. RUFLLES!” The filly cried loudly. She looked up at the colt angrily, her eyes filled with tears.

“YOU BIG BULLY! THIS IS WHY NO ONE LIKES YOU! YOU’RE MEAN AND SELFISH! AND YOU JUST HURT EVERYPONY! YOU SHOULD JUST…GO AWAY!”

The filly galloped off into the school. And the crowd that came around the two started to trot into the school, murmuring things about the colt.

After the crowd left, the colt sat there, staring at the torn doll. His ears lowered and a tear fell from his eyes.
“…I don’t like being mean…But when I was nice…Nopony paid attention to me…Not even you…” He said to nopony.

The colt put the doll and the torn leg into his backpack and sadly trotted into school.

The school day was miserable for both the blue colt and the green filly. The colt was always staring at the filly who was always crying, probably the most tense day of school Canterlot Kindergarten ever saw. Nopony really talked, they spent the whole day whispering to each other.

After school let out, the blue colt made his way home where he asked his mom to teach him to sew. He spent all night learning this new technique…

“…Honey, wake up, you’ll be late for school.”

A voice said. The blue colt awoke, got his things and made his way to school.

Similar day to the previous, colts and fillies playing happily in the playground, the blue colt watching them, but he had a different look today, one of…Regret.

He trotted past all the fillies he usually knocked over and right up to the swings…

…Sure enough, she was there, the light green unicorn from yesterday, sitting on the swing, alone, crying, and not swinging.
She looked up to see the blue unicorn staring at her blankly.

“W-What *sniff* What do you *sniff* want? You big *sniff* bully? Here *sniff* to *sniff* pick on me some more?!” The filly asked through tears.

The colt said nothing, but looked down, his ears drooped and he shook his head, he levitated something out of his backpack. It was the filly’s doll, fully repaired, and he levitated it over to her.

The filly gasped “MR. RUFFLES! YOU’RE OKAY! OHH I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!” The filly happily hugged her doll and the tears disappeared from her eyes.

The colt turned around and started to trot away sadly.

“Hey.” He heard a female voice say from behind him, it was the filly.
He turned around, and looked at her sadly.

The filly looked at him curiously “Thank you…But…Why?” She noticed the bandages on the colt’s hooves from all the failed sewing attempts. “Why do this? I thought you hated me.”

The colt said nothing but shook his head in sorrow. Tears welling in his eyes, unnoticeable by the fact he kept his eyes closed.

The filly trotted up to him.

“You…You aren’t so bad after all…You…Are lonely, huh?”

The colt nodded and finally spoke.

“Nopony ever paid attention to me…I figured…Being mean was the only way to get anypony to notice me…”

The filly frowned. “That isn’t the way…But…Why did you pick on me so much?”

The colt looked at her.

“I dunno…”

The filly smiled “You like me, don’t you?”

The colt gave a natural young colt response “Ew, no. Fillies are gross!” but he then smiled and blushed a little.

The filly giggled and hugged the colt. “You aren’t such a bad colt after all. I’ll be your friend, if you agree to stop being mean to everypony.”

The colt happily nodded. “Deal.”

The two shook hooves and trotted off together.

THE END

Comments ( 21 )

Oh gods, so bad. The character development is bad even for the majority of FIMfic stories, which is saying quite a loy

Holy crap the heel spin on this kid

Awful grammar, no character development, cut-off explinations, but I liked it. If you edit it, make it longer, other stuff like that, I bet you could get featured.

You want a PSA?

There. I just saved you an ass load of your valuable time.

One thousand word complete story? Hm...

:pinkiehappy: I like it

Eh...should've had the Mane 6 IMO.

Overall, i didn't hate the story. It was okay. Some criticism:
Grammar could be better, though i've seen much worse.
The characters were flat, they didn't become relate-able at all. To put it bluntly, they were boring.
There didn't seem to be any plot points (exposition, climax, falling action etc.)
It was way too short.
Things were extremely rushed.
(Not 100% sure about this one) I think you switched tenses of words partway through your story (im too lazy to check right now)
Your ending. That was the worst ending i've ever read. There seemed like there was nothing to it. It needs more emotion, more... everything.
You need more details.

1253300 Your spelling error is too funny to correct.

That being said, I'd have to agree with Wyvern. You can't really make us feel for characters we barely know in roughly 1k amount of words (excluding me lol. Just kidding)

1254052
Thank you, I did not see that

From the comments, it seems like you have quite a poor fic here, however, after reading said fic, I don't see what all the fuss (:facehoof:) is about; sure, there are some small grammatical mistakes, but nothing worth crying about. The characters aren't that bad, saying that you've been on FiMFiction what...fourteen hours? I tend to really play the character out and think about what they would do and how they would react in every situation. I agree that, the ending was (or seemed to be) rather rushed and was not at all what I had expected- I knew that this was a short fic, but it really felt that you could do a lot more story to make this a big hitter, I got the minor nudge of a relationship brewing between the two ponies here, maybe that could be more material for extra chapters? On the flip side of things, I think that there is some great talent in you, just you need to get the diamonds from the dirt.:raritywink:
Keep writing stong bro,
RF:rainbowdetermined2:

1254154

:facehoof: is my way of saying 'No.'

This was a bad story - accepting that will be the only way the author gets better.
The characters were completely flat, and rushed. 1006 words does not make for a good complete story.

1254182

It wasn't perfect, in fact, this story was far from it, I agree, however, is giving criticism with no remedy helpful to anypony? I mean, you've got nearly 7000 story views, surely you have plenty of experience to share? You must be getting something right! :twilightsmile:
Accepting that it was bad is one thing to make yourself (not better) but prevent you from getting worse. Getting small sections of help, encouragement and guidance from better authors is the real way to improve. NLL I hope :scootangel:

This story is a good piece of work but it is very fast paced and the bully changes very quickly, it might have been better if you could've fleshed this out more and perhaps given the colt more of a reason for wanting to change other than just out of the blue feeling guilty. :applejackunsure:

I don't see what is so bad about this story, Sure it was short and there were some errors, but it wasn't all that bad. The only thing I could say is the character development could use a bit of work, but it was a good short story.

I'll watch your account, I think I could see some good stories from you in the future.

1253514 Lol, not overly valuable if people are spending it on Fimfiction.net instead of being productive, is it? Not saying I don't enjoy Fimfiction. But it's really just a time waster more than anything.

The little filly should've gone to Cassandra. Two words: flesh-eating locusts.

This was a nice story. I enjoyed leading it.

Senpai notice me feels

Login or register to comment