• Published 20th Dec 2021
  • 7,763 Views, 168 Comments

An Anon-a-Miss Carol - sonicfan05



On the night of Christmas Eve, the CMCs encountered the ghosts of Apple Bloom's parents, who warned them that they will be visited by three ghosts if they don't confess to being Anon-a-Miss and make things right.

  • ...
10
 168
 7,763

Epilogue - Christmas Party at Applejack’s

One Year Later…

It is now Christmas time again, and everyone is hanging out in the Apple's home for their yearly Christmas party. To the CMCs' surprise, they were even included in the party with them, despite what happened a year prior. Nearly everyone was hanging around in the Apple's living room, chatting with one another on their seats while some like Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Scootaloo were dancing to some holiday tunes in the background.

"Ah, yeah! This party rocks!" Rainbow Dash whooped as she danced to the holiday music.

"You said it, Dashie!" Pinkie cheered, dancing along with her friend. "Christmas parties are always fun at AJ's!"

“Especially with Rainbow Dash!” Scootaloo added, dancing along with her idol.”

"Ha! True that!" Rainbow Dash grinned before turning to Applejack. "Yo AJ, do you have any Apple Ciders?"

Applejack, along with most of the Rainbooms and the CMCs, rolled their eyes but with humorous smiles.

"Now Rainbow Dash, you know we're saving them for the next season. And we're having eggnog."

Scootaloo frowned in disappointment. "Aww. I was hoping I would get to try one of the Apple family's ciders."

"Hey, no sweat squirt," Rainbow commented before whispering in Scootaloo’s ear. "I know where AJ kept some. So we'll sneak ourselves some later."

"Ah heard dat!"

As the two tomboys winced from Applejack’s scolding, everyone laughed at their expense.

Apple Bloom smiled from the sideline. After her parents and the three ghosts showed them the error of their ways, they prevented a major fallout between the Rainbooms and the Sunset from happening and saved Sunset from Gilda and the Diamond Boys. But that was only the beginning for them.

The CMCs, along with Sunset and the Rainbooms, went to school to see Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna and confess what they have done and their true identities as Anon-a-Miss. Needless to say, neither of the two women were happy with the CMCs for using Anon-a-Miss to put blame on an innocent student and cause chaos in their school for weeks.

The young pre-teens would have faced some severe consequences if not for the Rainbooms, including Sunset Shimmer to back them up. Sunset even pointed out to them that she herself would have been in a similar situation if Princess Twilight hadn't given her a chance and it would only be fair if the CMCs deserved the same chance. In the end, both Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna could only give them a minimum punishment of six months of detention, be banned from school club activities, and could only use their computers under adult supervision. Their only condition was for the CMCs to apologize to everyone at the school assembly and then take down their website for good, which is what the girls were planning to do anyway.

Things were rough for the CMCs at first. After they confessed at the assembly, many students weren’t happy with them for humiliating them throughout two weeks of their reign. Some were even mad at them for getting them into trouble for sending other people’s secrets to Anon-a-Miss. Few wanted to go after the CMCs like Gilda, but thankfully they were protected by the Rainbooms almost between every class. And those who tried, they'll end up getting expelled, just like with Gilda.

Despite cold reception from their peers, the CMCs went out of their way to make up for those who they hurt. After many months of their confession and make-up to the victims, most of the student body eventually forgave the CMCs. There were only a few who could never forgive those three and, to their dismay, there were some secrets they posted that they could never get rid of. But as Rarity once said to them; the important thing is that they tried and that is what counts.

“Thank y’all fer inviting us to the party, everyone," Apple Bloom said softly. "Ah’m surprised you still wanted us around."

Applejack smiled at her sister. “Ah told ya, Apple Bloom, we’re family! So of course we included you.”

“And considering what happened last year, we didn’t want to make you three feel left out anymore,” Fluttershy added kindly.

Apple Bloom glanced down in guilt. “Even if Ah was, Ah’ll never do something like dat again.” She glanced back at her sister. “Fer now on, Ah will talk to ya if there was a problem.”

Both Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo nodded, having the same vow as well.

Applejack nodded with a soft look. “And Ah promise Ah’ll try to listen to ya if ya do."

“And that included us, Sweetie Belle,” said Rarity in a caring tone.

“And me as well, Scoots,” Rainbow Dash added, surprisingly in a softer tone.

The CMCs smile, happy that their sisters didn't hate them and that they will be there for them when they're needed.

While the CMCs and their sisters were having a moment, Fluttershy turned to check on her other friend. "So how about you? Are you having fun, Twilight?"

Twilight, while adjusting her glasses, smiled. "I am! I'm having a great time!"

A few months after their Christmas break, their school held their annual event, 'the Friendship Games' with their rival school, Crystal Prep. During the event, they finally met the human Twilight who was investigating a mysterious magical surge while being forced to compete by Principal Cinch. At first, the CMCs wanted to tell their sisters about her but kept them to themselves to avoid any time paradoxes. To their relief, the Rainbooms, especially Sunset Shimmer, rescued Twilight after she was transformed into a winged monster due to corrupt magic. Ever since then, Twilight transferred to CHS and became a part of the group.

"I… wanted to thank you all again for inviting me," Twilight said quietly. "This is… actually the first time I've ever been invited to a Christmas party. Well… to any party, really. I usually just celebrated with my big brother and Cadance."

Rarity beamed. "Well, of course, Darling, you're our friend now and we love to have you here."

"Yeah! And you don't have to be alone anymore!" Sweetie Belle added.

"Thank you girls," Twilight smiled. "It's all still so surreal that I'm here partying with a group instead of just locking myself alone in my lab as usual!"

"A-hem!"

Twilight chuckled as she beamed at her dog. "Almost alone!"

Spike nodded before falling back to sleep on Twilight’s lap.

"You deserve to have fun too, Twilly!" Pinkie suddenly appeared in front of her… while she's upside down. "And there will be more parties for you to join in the future!"

“Thanks, Pinkie," Twilight responded happily. "I’m just so happy to have friends to spend time with to celebrate the holidays."

“And we’re so happy that you're here instead of getting locked up in some institution!” Scootaloo replied, causing her two other friends to panic.

Twilight blinked. “What?”

Before Scootaloo could respond, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle quickly covered her mouth.

“Nothin’! It was nothin’!” Apple Bloom insisted quickly with a nervous chuckle.

Scootaloo tried to speak through Apple Bloom’s hand but was immediately silent when Sweetie Belle gave her the side glare.

The Rainbooms stared at the CMCs with confused expressions. Before either of the Rainbooms could question the CMCs, Apple Bloom quickly changed the subject.

"Anyway, is Sunset comin'?" Apple Bloom asked in a semi-high pitched voice as soon as she removed her hand from Scootaloo's mouth.

Applejack shrugged at Apple Bloom’s strange behavior before answering. "She is, don't you worry, Sugarcube. She's going to be a little late," Her eyes narrowed. "Unless you don't want her to come?"

Apple Bloom rapidly shook her head. "No no, Ah do! Ah really wanted her here this time! Besides, this will finally give me a chance to make it up to her from last year when Ah'm… you know."

Applejack gave her sister a soft expression. "Sugarcube, you know Sunset had already forgiven you."

Apple Bloom sighed. "Ah know but… Ah wanted to make it up to her in a way so dat she doesn't feel like she's alone anymore and dat we care."

"Was dat 'gift' you put together the other day was part of yer way of makin' up to her?" Applejack asked with a curious expression.

Apple Bloom nodded.

Applejack grinned. "Well, if dat's wat you want to do, then Ah say go fer it!"

Apple Bloom smiled. "Thanks, AJ!"

Suddenly, they heard a doorbell, coming from the front door.

"Dat could be her now," Applejack stated. "Will ya get the door sis?"

Apple Bloom nodded. "Sure thing, AJ!"

Apple Bloom stood up from the couch and made her way across the house and over to the front door. Apple Bloom opened the door and to her surprise, it wasn’t Sunset Shimmer. Instead, she was greeted by some familiar faces from her school.

"Oh, hey Lyra and Bon Bon, good to see ya!” Apple Bloom welcomed with a smile.

Lyra grinned. “It’s good to see you too. It’s nice to be here!”

“Yeah, your farm is so beautiful, even when it is covered in snow,” Bon Bon added.

“Thank ya kindly,” Apple Bloom replied with a smile.

After she and her friends confessed, Lyra and Bon Bon were the first people they tried to make things right by clearing up their misunderstanding. After the CMCs managed to bring the two together in the same room, they explained the situation and pointed out Bon Bon Lyra’s true reason for seeing Roseluck while leaving out Lyra’s plan to ask her out. They even told them about the edited photos to make it look like Lyra had ditched Bon Bon.

Lyra and Bon Bon were upset at the CMCs at first, but after the two friends talked things out and later became a couple, the two eventually forgave the CMCs on a clean slate. Ironically, despite what the CMCs have done, they actually helped make the couple’s relationship stronger before they even became a couple. That was the only good thing it came from Anon-a-Miss and they were quite thankful for that.

“So how are things between the two of ya?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Things are great actually!” Lyra beamed proudly, bringing Bon Bon closer to her. “In fact, we’re planning to hang out at my place to celebrate our one-year anniversary as a couple!”

“Aww, dat sounds sweet!” Apple Bloom gushed before she frowned. “Ah know it’s been a full year, but Ah’m sorry fer nearly ruining yer relationship between the two of ya.”

“Water under the bridge,” Lyra waved off. “The way you brought us together again–”

“By tricking us to think that one was badly injured and recovering in the nursing office,” Bon Bon added with a deadpanned voice.

“And then explained to us what you did and gave me a chance to talk to Bonnie, we never would have made up,” Lyra finished before looking fondly at Bon Bon. “And for us to become more than friends.”

Bon Bon blushed. “Y-yes… yes we have,” she said softly before she kissed Lyra on the lips.

“I’m so happy fer you two,” Apple Bloom grinned as she opened the door slightly. “Anyway, y’all wanna come in? We got the fire going.”

“Of course!” Lyra answered before gesturing to her girlfriend with a teasing grin. “After you, my lady!”

Bon Bon giggled. “Why thank you, my dear!”

The two of them entered the house and made their way over to the living room.

Apple Bloom watched the couple with a fond smile. Wat a cute couple!

She then heard a doorbell go off again, causing her to face the door.

Maybe it was Sunset this time, Apple Bloom thought as she opened the door.

Once again, it wasn't Sunset who was waiting behind the door. Instead, much to Apple Bloom’s shock, it was actually another couple from her school that she wasn't expecting to show up.

"Octavia! DJ Pon-3! You came!" Apple Bloom exclaimed in a surprised tone.

Octavia nodded in a stoic expression. “Yes, we did. Thank you for the invitation.”

DJ Pon-3 simply grinned with a thumbs-up.

Octavia and DJ Pon-3 were the second couple that the CMCs wanted to make up for, especially for Octavia. While the DJ was chilled and forgiving towards the CMCs, Octavia wanted nothing to do with them for costing her home. Despite Octavia's hostility, the CMCs still wanted to help out by reaching out to one of Octavia's relatives about her parents and her living situation after the photo of her and DJ Pon-3 was posted.

Thankfully, there was Octavia’s Aunt who not only lived close by to CHS but also was willing to help her niece get back on her feet. While Octavia hasn’t forgiven them completely, she at least appreciated the CMCs for making things right and now, for the most part, on good terms with them.

“So… how are things with you?” Apple Bloom asked, feeling a little awkward.

“Things are okay,” Octavia replied politely. “I’ve been living with my Aunt and got accepted for the top spot for our school’s Christmas Orchestra. And Vinyl is also joining me for our duo performance too.”

DJ Pon-3 nodded in confirmation.

“That’s great!” Apple Bloom responded as she scratched her cheek. "To be honest, Ah'm surprised you're willing to come after… you know."

Octavia shrugged. "Well, to be frank, I originally didn't want to come here, but…" She turned to her partner. "Vinyl convinced me to give this party a chance… and for us to bury the hatchet."

DJ Pon-3 gave Octavia a proud smile before kissing her on the cheek, causing the cellist to blush.

"Well, Ah'm happy that you showed up," said Apple Bloom. She paused, hesitant for a moment. “Have… ya heard anything from yer…folks?”

Octavia sighed, shaking her head. “No, but… it's probably for the best.”

For the first time tonight, Octavia gave Apple Bloom her genuine smile. “Despite what happened last year, it was sorta a blessing in disguise. Now I don’t have to pressure myself to be their ‘perfect daughter’ and I have the freedom to be me and pursue my own dreams.” She then looked fondly at her partner. “And to be with someone I love.

DJ Pon-3 blushed at the comment but gave her partner a loving smile.

Apple Bloom smiled. “Good fer you! Ah’m happy that things are okay between the two of ya!” She gestured them towards the door. “Anyway, you want to come inside?”

Octavia nodded. “Yes, we shall. Thank you!”

Both Octavia and DJ Pon-3 entered the house and made their way towards the living room to join the others.

Apple Bloom let out a sigh with a hopeful look. Ah knew things are awkward between Octavia and Ah… but at least we're makin' progress.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang again, causing Apple Bloom to sigh again.

Welp, third time's the charm, Apple Bloom thought before she opened the door.

Apple Bloom's eyes immediately lit up when she saw who was behind the door.

"Hey! You came!" Apple Bloom cheered.

"Sure am!" The cute blonde girl with misaligned eyes chirped while snuggling with her boyfriend.

Ever since they saw what their actions have done to this poor girl from Rockhoof, the CMCs did everything in their power to make up for the muffin-loving girl. They showed up at her house one day to tell her what happened and that they're sorry for hurting her.

While the girl forgave the CMCs, she still believed that no one at the school ever liked her at all and thought of her as a freak because of her eyes. It wasn't until the CMCs showed her the window, revealing that almost everyone from the entire school just waiting outside to support her and showing her that she was loved. The sight of the student body coming over to see her alone caused her to break down into tears of joy.

Shortly after that, the girl returned to school where nearly everyone welcomed her with open arms, including her high school sweetheart, Bulk Biceps. Ever since then, the girl became more confident and smiled a lot more. She was still a little clumsy though, but she wouldn't have it any other way. She even sent the CMCs some freshly baked muffins as thanks for reminding her that there are people who love her just the way she is.

"Thanks again for inviting me and my boyfriend to your party!" The girl said happily. "It feels good knowing that there are people who like me for who I am!" She then turned to her boyfriend. "Isn't that right Bulky?"

"Yeah!" Bulk Biceps exclaimed while flexing his muscles from his one arm.

Apple Bloom smiled as she gestured to her guests inside the house. "Well then, come right in! Ah believe Granny Smith just took out fresh Christmas Chocolate Chip Muffins from the oven!"

The girl's face lit up. "Ooh! Better get myself one of those! C'mon Bulky!"

"Yeah!" Bulk Biceps replied as he and his girlfriend were heading towards the kitchen.

Apple Bloom stood behind as she watched the couple disappear into the kitchen. Ah'm so happy that her spirits were up again. And to think that we almost destroyed it.

Once again, Apple Bloom heard the doorbell rang from the front door.

Okay, this has to be Sunset this time! Apple Bloom thought before opening the door.

To her disappointment, it wasn't Sunset, but she smiled the moment she spotted her next two guests.

"Princess Twilight! And Princess Celestia! You’re here!" Apple Bloom greeted happily.

Princess Twilight smiled back. "We sure did! Thank you for having us! It's always great to come to visit in this world!"

“Yes, I can see why you come to this world occasionally,” Princess Celestia said to her former student.

From what Apple Bloom had heard, a few months ago under certain circumstances, Sunset visited Equestria to get help from Princess Twilight, before visiting Princess Celestia in Canterlot for advice. Thankfully, the two of them have reconciled and Princess Celestia was more than happy to help her former student. Even after the problem was over, Sunset and Princess Celestia still kept in touch through Princess Twilight.

A week ago, Apple Bloom has secretly “borrowed” Sunset’s journal to invite Princess Twilight and Princess Celestia to celebrate their Christmas party with them. Apple Bloom has hoped that this party will bring Sunset and Princess Celestia together for them to catch up and to have the daughter and mother bonding that the two of them yearn for a long time.

And not getting into trouble for using Sunset’s book would be a good bonus.

Princess Celestia turned towards Apple Bloom with a soft look. “Is… Sunset Shimmer here?”

“Not yet, but she’ll be here!” Apple Bloom assured. “She’s running a little late.”

Princess Celestia nodded with a small grin. “Good. While Sunset and I had reconciled, I still have a lot more to make up for her for not being there for her.”

Apple Bloom beamed. “You’re here now, Princess. Anyway, come in! Granny just finished baking some sweets, including some Christmas cakes.”

Princess Celestia’s face lit up in excitement and hunger. “Cakes you say? Ooh, don’t mind if I do!”

As Princess Celestia practically barreled into the house and towards the kitchen, Princess Twilight facepalmed.

“Oh dear, I think you just said the magic word,” Princess Twilight sighed. She shook her head briefly before giving Apple Bloom a warm smile. “Sunset mentioned how you and your friends went out of your way to make things right all year round. I just want to say that I’m proud of you.”

“Thanks, Princess,” Apple Bloom said humbly. “Through, Ah never make it dis far without Sunset’s advice… even though Ah never deserve it.”

“Sounds to me like with Sunset going out of her way to help you, I think you deserve it,” Princess Twilight replied before she sighed again. “Anyway, if you excuse me… I better catch up to Princess Celestia before she eats all of the cake... again.”

As Princess Twilight rushed herself into the house, Apple Bloom shook her head in amusement. Fer some people who came from royalty, they sure are strange folk.

The doorbell once again rang from the front door, causing Apple Bloom to let out an irritated sigh. “Now who could dat be?”

Apple Bloom slowly opened the door. The moment she saw who it was, Apple Bloom immediately brightened up in joy.

"Sunset! Ya made it!" Apple Bloom cheered happily.

Sunset chuckled at the young Apple’s enthusiasm. "Sure am! Sorry for being late. I have to feed Ray before coming here."

After she and her friends confessed as Anon-a-Miss, they secretly told the Rainbooms to the side about Sunset’s “living conditions” when the CMCs happened to “spot her” at the library, while leaving out parts about the ghosts of course. Needless to say, the Rainbooms were horrified and felt even more terrible for ditching her and being bad friends. They have decided right then and there to make up to Sunset by inviting her to each of their houses whenever they can for Sunset to sleep, despite Sunset’s protests.

They didn’t end there. With some help from Principal Celestia, Vice-Principal Luna, their families, and the school, the Rainbooms and the CMCs also put together a secret fundraiser to buy Sunset an apartment complex as a surprise gift to her. To say the least, Sunset was in tears and was forever thankful for her friends for giving her a place to call home. Now, Sunset lives happily in her new complex, along with her pet gecko, Ray, and her friendship with the Rainbooms are much stronger than before.

Apple Bloom grinned. "No problem! The party's just getting started!"

“Oh good!” Sunset sighed in relief. “Thank goodness I made it on time!”

Sunset was about to walk inside, but Apple Bloom blocked her as she grabbed something from the table, hid it behind her, and then stepped outside and shut the door behind her. “Wait, Sunset… do ya have a second?”

“Um… sure,” Sunset replied with a curious expression. “What’s up?”

Apple Bloom sighed, taking a moment to collect herself before she looked up at Sunset in the eye. “Sunset… Ah still could not help but remember what Ah did to ya a year ago… building that site, humiliating everyone, pinning the blame on ya… all because of my grudge… and letting my jealousy get the best of me.”

Apple Bloom felt herself trembling, but she pushed on. “And yet, despite wat happened… you chose to forgive me and mah friends… even though we didn’t deserve it. And it also proved to me that you really have changed fer the best… while Ah…” Apple Bloom let out a few tears down her cheeks. “...became a monster. And words cannot express how sorry Ah am!"

Sunset had a look of sympathy. “Apple Bloom, I told you many times that I forgave you three, and I’m never angry with you.”

“You should,” Apple Bloom argued. “Ah would’ve been furious at mahself fer wat Ah did.”

"You felt left out and didn't know what to do," Sunset pointed out. "And it didn't help that I wasn't a nice person back then."

Apple Bloom frowned. "Dat's still no excuse for wat Ah did."

"And neither was my excuse for treating everyone so horribly… and then turning into a She-Demon," Sunset countered sadly before sighing. "The point is, we both have made bad decisions and mistakes. And the best thing we can do is to learn from our mistakes and be better." She then smiled. "I've seen how you and your friends worked so hard to make amends to everyone who you hurt and I'm proud of you three."

"Well… almost everyone," Apple Bloom remarked.

At Sunset's confused expression, Apple Bloom clarified. "Sunset, the last person I wanted to make amends with… was you."

"Apple Bloom, your actions and helping get me a home was more than enough for me," Sunset insisted kindly.

Apple Bloom shook her head. "Gettin' you your very own home was mah sister’s idea. And even without dat and amending others, Ah still wanted to make up for you in the best way, but Ah couldn’t come up with anything. And after thinking fer the entire year… Ah, finally know how to do dat."

To Sunset’s surprise, Apple Bloom then revealed an item from behind her back, which was a flat, square-shaped present.

"This is mah gift fer you, from me… and the rest of the Apple Family," said Apple Bloom shyly.

Sunset smiled. "Aw, Apple Bloom… you don't have to do that."

"Ah, insist!" said Apple Bloom with a grin, handing over her gift. "Please… open it!"

Sunset chuckled. "Alright."

Sunset carefully tore off the wrapping paper of her present. Once she completely removed the wrapping paper, Sunset paused as she examined the frame, more specifically the document from within the frame. She stared blankly at the piece of paper for a moment, but as her mind slowly processed, her expression became more and more shocked by the second.

She slowly turned to Apple Bloom with widened eyes.

"Apple Bloom!" She stammered in a shaky voice. "Is… is this…"

"Yep… it's an official adoption paper," Apple Bloom confirmed with a chirp. "You are now the official member of the Apple family… as mah big sister!"

Sunset’s mouth was slightly ajar. "But… but how!?"

"Helping getting you an apartment wasn't the only thing Principal Celestia had done," Apple Bloom replied in a sly tone. "When Ah told her wat Ah was planning many months ago, she managed to ask the right people to make you an official legal document so we can adopt you."

As Sunset stared at Apple Bloom with a stunned expression, Apple Bloom continued in a soft tone.

"Ah… know how lonely you are even before you came to this world. And Ah knew you think that you have no place to belong. But dats not true… you do belong here."

Before Sunset could react, Apple Bloom threw herself towards her and gave her a hug. “Ah just want to let you know… even when you think yer alone, yer more than welcome here. And yer always part of the family.”

Sunset stared at Apple Bloom in silence a while longer before tears started welling in her eyes. Apple Bloom panicked at the sight, thinking she had done something wrong until Sunset threw her arms around the young Apple.

“Thank you… Apple Bloom!” she croaked. She sniffed as tears were running down her cheeks. “This is… the best present anyone has ever given me! I… I don't know what to say!"

"You don't have to say anything!" Apple Bloom said kindly as she gently pulled away from Sunset and looked up to her with a smile. "But now that it's official, we expect you to help out on the farm sometime… big sis!"

Sunset wiped her eyes a little before giving Apple Bloom her tearful smile. "I'll be there… little sis!"

The two stayed in their hug for a while, until they were interrupted when someone opened the front door.

"Oh, there you two are," said Twilight with a smile. "AJ was about to serve everyone hot cocoa. You two coming in?"

Sunset broke her hug from Apple Bloom and turned to her friend with a smile. "Yeah, we're coming inside in a second."

Twilight nodded before she ducked back inside and shut the door behind her.

Sunset turned to Apple Bloom. “Well, after that emotional moment, what do you say we go inside and have some hot cocoa!”

Apple Bloom grinned. “Sure, but I’ll catch up in a bit.”

Sunset nodded before she turned and headed into the house while Apple Bloom stayed behind on the porch.

Apple Bloom slowly faced the snow-covered farmland, watching the scene quietly as she reflected back on everything that happened a year ago. She still mentally kicked herself on how much of a brat she was acting and nearly ruined everyone’s lives all because she became jealous. She was thankful to both her parents and those three ghosts who showed her the error of her ways and how wrong she was about Sunset. While she was glad that she and her friends avoided that dark future, the memory still haunted her to this day, but also served as a reminder to never hurt another with malicious ways again, no matter what kind of person they are. There were times that she wanted to tell her family everything about her parents of what she had gone through that night, but because of how crazy it all sounded, she and her friends decided to carry their spiritual journey with the ghosts to their graves.

While some parts of her believed that she should never be forgiven, she was both happy and thankful that Sunset, her sister, and her friends still love her and gave her a chance. It took a lot of work for her and her friends to undo the damage they had done as Anon-a-Miss throughout the year. While they couldn’t fix everything and not everyone they hurt had forgiven them, they are at least glad that they were able to right most of the wrongs that they can and were redeemed to most of the eyes from CHS. Apple Bloom wondered if her parents were watching her as she redeemed herself and what they have thought about her now.

"Ma? Pa?" Apple Bloom whispered. "If ya watching me… I hope ya proud of me."

With a soft sigh, Apple Bloom turned towards the door so she could head back into the house.

"We are… our little apple seed."

Apple Bloom stopped herself and her breathing hitched from the sound of two familiar voices. She immediately turned around, only to be perplexed when she saw that there was no one there.

Could that be… Apple Bloom thought with uncertainty, yet hopeful.

She was about to call out to them, only to be interrupted when someone opened the front door.

"Apple Bloom, are ya comin’?" Applejack asked.

Apple Bloom immediately shook off her thoughts and turned towards her sister. "Comin', AJ!"

Apple Bloom ran inside to join the others and closed the front door behind her.

Unbeknownst to Apple Bloom, two ghostly figures stood just a few feet away from the Apple family’s front porch. Both Bright Mac and Pear Butter wore loving smiles on their faces, proud of their young daughter for her accomplishment for redemption and happy that she was spared from her dark path. As their time came to an end, the pair nodded and closed their eyes, letting themselves dissolve to become one with the wind. Before they were being spirited away into the afterlife, the pair whispered towards the direction of the Apple’s home one last time.

“Merry Christmas, our beloved daughters, and son. We love you and will see you all again!”

The End.

Author's Note:

And that's all folks! :pinkiesmile:

Thank you all so much for reading my story and I hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it! :twilightsmile:

Once again, a huge shoutout to SweetTeaFiend who originally came up with the story idea. This story never came to be without this person. Thanks again for your permission and I hope you enjoy my story.

And of course, a huge special thank you to MLPSolarDash1907 for assisting and proofreading this story! You rule pal! :pinkiehappy:

MLPSolarDash1907 also wrote his own awesome stories, including multiple parts of Wherever the Light Shines. Be sure to check them out! :raritywink:

If you're familiar with the music I included in this chapter, that was a soft instrumental piano version of "Oh, What a Merry Christmas Day" from "Mickey's Christmas Carol". :scootangel:

Fun fact: Mickey's Christmas Carol is my very first version of a Christmas Carol I watched when I was a kid. And it still holds a special place in my heart to this day. In fact, the cover I created for this story was inspired by the title cover from the special. :twilightsmile:

Anyway, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Holidays, and have a very SAFE and Happy New Year! :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 30 )

That was super quick!

And I knew Sci-Twi & Spike were going to be in the picture as well, good thing you included them in the party. As for the rest... I can only say Sunset Apple Shimmer had a warming Heart's Warming/Christmas like no other.

Also, it is say there isn't one single person in Canterlot City who knows Christmas better than three little girls.

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

That was a beautiful ending. You get an A+ for this! Good job! Have a merry Christmas!

What a wonderful way to end the story. I loved this story. Merry Christmas🎄, Happy Hearths Warming🎄 and Happy New Year 🎆
(Ps. 'Mickey's Christmas Carol' was also the first version of the story I saw)

Goodness, this certainly is one of the bests Anon-A-Miss's story that i read, the evolution of the characters (especially of Applebloom), the Parody of the classic tale and the happy ending of all them were enough to thrill me, Congratulations That's a great job

Merry Christmas !

Well this was quite a swell ride! Thank you so much for writing this!

Great ending. Much better than most of the fics I find based on this comic. Merry Christmas everyone!

I just read the final chapter and the ending had me in tears with the music playing. I didn't expect for Sunset to get adopted by the Apple Family but Sunset has now got what she alway's wanted. A family to love and cheerish. Also I couldn't help but laugh a little when Princess Celestia came over and I'm surprised the CMC didn't warn the Rainbooms about the events that would happen at the Friendship Games but time travel stuff and all that.

I'm glad that Apple Bloom and her friends made it up to Lyra, Bon-Bon, Derpy, Bulk Biceps, Octavia and Vinyl Scratch. Though there are some people who didn't forgive the CMC at least the three tried.

This has been a wonderful story and I look forward to what you write next.

Merry Christmas and Good Luck Sonicfan05.

Ah I wanted see Celestia and sunset make up. They have a lot of issues to work out before they can begin to heal and all because sunset needed a family and the princess wanted to pretend she cared like that but actions speak louder than words and with most of the other ponies begin jerks sunset closed her heart off and thought more about showing Celestia that she was the best. And yes she became a jerk in the process but with nobody who actually cared about her she couldn't show love when she had no knowledge about it beyond what it was supposed be like.

That ending was so great. I usually don't like anon-a-miss stories but this is going into my favourites. Thanks for this amazing story.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Wow, that really is heartwarming.

But I still liked your Sunset's wonderful life story.

Nice chapter that brought everything full circle. :) Great ending and it was a pleasure to proofread for you! :D

great job on story:twilightsmile:

Now that was a real tearjerker! Great story :)

11095388
And thank you for allowing me to write it! Glad you like it! :twilightsmile:

11095693
Thank you again for your help, my friend! :pinkiesmile:

will they be a sued to this ?

I only just finished reading this (I know, I'm a slow reader), but I just wanted to say you did an excellent job with this.

11292862
No problem. I think I'll get to work on your Sonic the Hedgehog crossover next.

Welcome to Episode 2 of ‘Uz reads a sonicfan05 story in one sitting’!

I have... a lot of thoughts. Let’s start with the positive ones.

I’m a sucker for good A Christmas Carol adaptations and this one did not disappoint. Everything, from the initial set-up, to the three ghosts, to the freakin’ Grim Reaper, was so well-put and fused together. And I loved every minute of it.

Apple Bloom’s behavior in Chapters 1 and 2 really annoyed me, but that was on purpose, wasn’t it? I appreciate the fact that Sweetie Belle was doubtful from the very beginning and I like Scootaloo’s gradually shifting behavior.

We need to talk about Chapter 5. God, I’m in love. The dark atmosphere, the chills, the death, it was all so perfect. I was glued to my screen the entire time, unable to tear my eyes away and not even realizing time had passed. Perfection!

The epilogue has a really nice structure. I like the way you interspersed the past and the present by mixing the current party with what happened in the previous year.

But like I said in my comment on Sunset’s Wonderful Life, a little constructive criticism never hurt anyone.

The first glaring issue is the Apples’ accents. I understand that you want to showcase Bloom and AJ’s southern accents, but there’s a certain limit. Replacing “I” with “Ah” is understandable, but “dat”? “Fer”? “Wat”? “Mah”? Basic spelling still applies. In certain sentences, I have to struggle to understand what it is they’re saying. I’ve never even heard of the Apples saying “that” with “dat”! My apologies if this sounds rude, but readers shouldn’t to struggle to figure out what a character is saying.

The second issue is the tense. When I read Sunset’s Wonderful Life, I pointed a few tense issues. While there are a few here, it’s still considerably less than SWL. It only occurs in the narration and not the dialogue, so that’s good.

All in all, this was a great story. This is actually I’ve seen Anon-A-Miss written that way before. I find myself loving your ‘spirit helps character’ stories.

Good work and keep on writing, sonicfan05!

11487689
Once again, thank you so much for reading my story and I will take your criticisms to consideration for my next story. :pinkiesmile:

Pretty good story and nice seeing Sci-Twi's appearence here (sad how the human CMC had to keep their mouths shut about her during Friendship Games to avoid a time loop, maybe that's why they were barely in that movie).

Nice backstory on how Sunset managed to get her own place by the time of Forgotten Friendship.

I assume the timeline is then:

10th grade (assuming CHS is a grades 6-12 school with the CMC attending it, it would mean Sunset could have joined in 7th grade due to having already been there for 3 years when the first movie happens judging from the Fall Formal portraits and the group is old enough to be able to drive when the Digital Shorts happen):

- September: First movie happens
- October: Rainbow Rocks occurs (I assume 6 moons could easily mean anything rather than outright 6 months like some like to think and makes it easier to include Anon a Miss)
- December: Anon a Miss events happen
- January: Friendship Games happens
- March: Legend of Everfree happens
- April: Magical Movie Night happens
- May: Forgotten Friendship happens (close to the end of the school year with the yearbooks)
- June: Rollercoaster of Friendship (in summer)

11th grade:
- December: The epilogue to this story
- March: Spring Breakdown
- April: Sunset's Backstage Pass

12th grade:
- December: Holidays Unwrapped

11571219
You just made my day! :twilightsmile:

11718909
No. In France it is either a 30,000 euro fine or up to five years in jail.

Login or register to comment