• Published 14th Oct 2021
  • 1,267 Views, 37 Comments

The Godking is NOT Amused - Zemez



The Godking Veretus has been sent to Equestria by some upstarts, he is not amused, either at the adventurers, or these pastel ponies.

  • ...
9
 37
 1,267

The Sun's Perspective is not amusing (extra)

Celestia was having a marvelous day, the opening ceremony of a new Bakery had taken less time than anticipated, her stack of paperwork that seemed to grow longer every day was suspiciously short, and somehow, she had found ten minutes for a tea break before she had to spend several hours sitting on her throne listening to her pony's problems. She enjoyed solving them, but sometimes ponies could be such foals.

Celestia felt the tingle of familiar magic, which meant it was her student she had barely a few months ago sent to ponyville; That she would unite the elements and wield them as she and her sister had once done, in a hope to save her sister from being Nightmare Moon. She was surprised when she had five new friends, each wielding an element, but she was glad. Spike, her adopted brother, and an abandoned dragon egg she had hatched had the ability to send objects with his breath, so this meant that her student must be sending her a letter, perhaps to complain about Veretus, or hopefully a report that this time the elements of harmony worked on him.

As she prepared to catch the less than a pound letter, what she was not expecting was the form of Veretus to appear over her. His almost impassive face probably mirrored her own, as she barely had enough time to realize that he was in fact not a piece of parchment before he fell upon her.

She expected to be on the ground as he impacted her, but then she realized she was still sitting upright. The servants had rushed in at the loud crashing sound. She surveyed around and realized that Veretus had somehow, in the less than a second it would take to fall upon her, redirected himself with a flap of his wings to instead land on the table, which was specifically reinforced to handle a full-grown dragon leaning on it.

She mentioned this particular quality because the table was cracked from a less than five-foot fall, his head had smashed into her teapot, and her artisanal tea sandwiches were scattered over the floor. As he sat up, she marveled at both how undamaged he was, and how all the tea cascaded down his form, leaving him bone dry like wetness was a made-up concept.

"Apologies, while I knew dragons could imbue spells into their breath, I was unaware that Spike had already performed such a feat." Celestia couldn't even be smug about his situation, this god was just so infuriating, it was like he had no care in the world, that he was far away from home, that he would never see his friends and family, that he had just been teleported unexpectedly. He barely grew angry at something a normal pony would, and she admitted that she was jealous of him. Celestia and Luna barely spent time together normally, they were up at different times of the day, and the two hours at dawn and sunset they got together was pitifully short.

But he didn't need to worry about sleep, and that meant he could spend all night talking with Luna, and then, when it came time for her and Luna to meet, he was still there, taking up their time together.

"No need to apologize Veretus, I'll have somepony replace the table during my time in court." She hated herself, she could have just mended the table with magic or told him to replace it himself since he had shown that with a simple whim he could crash Equestria's economy, which she had spent a millennium carefully managing for inflation. However, she was stubborn, and so she would pretend that she was such a good ruler that a table that could withstand the weight of a dragon was the same price as a cup of tea to her. She didn't anticipate the funds she would have to reallocate to do so.

"Thank you, Celestia, I must be getting back however, Spike has been left with a comatose Twilight, And I fear what Twilight may do now that she knows how to condense magic," Veretus said as he nodded once at her before walking towards the door.

"Very well, I- wait? What?" She turned her head, but the Godking was already gone, she sighed. Twilight would probably write to her about today's events, and she would understand then. Now she was left with several servants still staring at her, probably waiting for her to address what just happened. They could wait, she took a sip from the teacup still in her aura, somehow spared from the shattering fates of its sisters, she grimaced as she did.

Typical, it was cold.

Author's Note:

So, this was originally going to be a short comedic dialogue between Veretus and Celestia about this situation before a timeskip, then I realized I could use this scene to flesh out why Celestia is so obstinate with Veretus, Instead of this just being a 'she hates him because' situation.

So here's an extra short chapter purely from Celestia's point of view.