• Published 8th Oct 2021
  • 1,628 Views, 46 Comments

Pipp's Freedom - Jhoira



Sunny gains Pipp's freedom from her mother's expectations and familial obligations. With a "small" complication.

  • ...
7
 46
 1,628

Pipp's Confession

Pipp lead Sunny down the hall to her guest suite. She gave a little hop as she reached the doors and smiled back at Sunny before throwing the doors open wide. Showing the palatial room with the nice couch, table, chairs, snacks, fruit basket and everything else one could look for in a lounge. "Ta-daaaaa!"

Sunny smiled, though it faltered slightly after she took in the entire room. "This is very nice Pipp. I mean very nice. But... Where's the bed?"

Pipp pointed to a door across the room. "The bedroom is through there. This is your lounge." Pipp pranced in place, giving off her best encouraging smile as Sunny entered.

Sunny took in the room a second time, it was almost as big as the bottom floor of her house. At least almost as big as it had been. "This is a lot of space..." Sunny was mumbling, not really thinking about that Pipp was listening, but she was.

"Well mother always says we must give off the right first impression." She took a step up next to Sunny, the tiniest bit of worry entering her voice. "You do like it, don't you?"

Sunny smiled and nodded. "It's more than I was expecting when you said "guest room" is all. More space than I know what to do with." When they got to the bedroom Sunny looked around in amazement. It wasn't as big as the lounge but it was still huge. It was probably half again as big as her room back at the lighthouse. Well, was. She wondered how big her new room might be. She hoped they figured out who was going to pay for her house by the time she got back. If she had to pay for it then get reimbursed after they were done arguing she wouldn't be able to make a particularly large house. Let alone remake the lighthouse. But either way, it had certainly been worth it.

Sunny started to unpack her things. It didn't take too long, she didn't bring that much. She was interrupted by Pipp towards the end.

Pipp licked her lips and rubbed the back of her head with a hoof. She had Sunny at the castle at least, it was time to come clean to Sunny. "Sunny, I need to tell you something..."

Sunny nodded, waiting for the news before noticing that Pipp seemed uncomfortable. "Oh." She turned around and sat down, and actually looking at Pipp. "What's the matter?" Pipp bit her bottom lip, causing Sunny to grin and interrupt her. "Ahh, I know."

Pipp's eyes widened and she raised her hooves to try and interrupt her. "No, you don..."

Sunny continue despite the objections. "You have a crush on me."

Pipp shook her head emphatically. "No!" She hesitated a moment and then nodded. "Well... Yes..." She blushed gently. "But not what I was talking about!"

Sunny opened and closed her mouth a few times. She'd been ready to tell Pipp that while she didn't feel the same she wasn't by any means opposed to the idea but now... "Well... We'll circle back to the crush then, but what is so important then?"

Pipp licked her lips again. "Uh... Well... Sorry for not telling you earlier... But I kind of couldn't fail to get you here it'd look bad... But you need to be careful here..." Sunny's eyes started to widen but Pipp raised her hooves again. "You're not in danger! But mother wants me to try and... Get you interested in me. She wishes you to be bound to our royal family..."

Sunny narrowed her eyes, glaring at Pipp. Her voice rising as she started. "And you went along with...!" Her fury petered out as she realized what was going on. At least, part of it. "But you're warning me." Her voice was back to normal. A guarded normal, but normal.

Pipp nodded, glancing at the door. "I just need you to do me the favor of being here for a week or so... I can tell mother I tried, you weren't interested and she'll drop it. She's demanding, but not completely unreasonable. So long as she doesn't think I screwed it up on purpose or through negligence it'll be fine."

Sunny's eye twitched and she narrowed her eyes again. "If you fail she punishes you?"

Pipp shook her head, her mother wasn't a monster. "Oh no. If I screw it up she'll be displeased. But if it was something outside my control she won't hold that against me."

Sunny took a long moment to consider this and stood up. "I see. Then let's deal with this now."

Pipp blinked and stood up, whining. "Noooo, please don't leave! I know it's weird but just give it a week and I can tell her you're just not interested!"

Sunny smiled encouragingly at Pipp and patted her on the shoulder. "Don't worry Pipp, I'll get this sorted out. You'll be fine."

Pipp let out a sigh of relief... Until the words that were actually spoken processed and she looked back up to find Sunny charging out the door with a look of determination. Pipp's eyes widened in horror. "No! No no no!" She charged after Sunny, trying to catch up and stop her before she, doubtlessly, went to yell at the queen.


Sunny barged into the throne room with Pipp close on her heels. Queen Haven was relaxing on her throne. Her guards moving a few steps forwards before they saw that it was their queens honored guest, and her daughter. While irritated by the lack of decorum, etiquette and anything else resembling politeness, the queen didn't let it show. She drew herself up to her full height and spoke. "Sunny Starscout, to what do I owe this unexpected pleasure?"

Sunny looked around at the guards and composed herself. Sitting up to her own full height. "I have come to seek and offer council to the queen, on a matter of great import. Though only in private, away from prying ears." Sunny inwardly grinned as Pipp gaped at her back. Those stories about princess Twilight's court hadn't gone to waste.

Queen Haven also took note of the sudden change in their guest. When Pipp had brought her in earlier she was polite, but hardly formal or proper... "All of my guards are of the utmost trustworthiness, Sunny Starscout. But as a mark of our great friendship I will acquiesce to you're request." With a wave of her hoof the guards filed out. Queen Haven waited a few moments after the resounding of the shutting doors faced before looking to Sunny. "What is this great matter you wish to discuss, Sunny Starscout?"

Sunny took a few steps forwards. "I hear you want to make me an extended part of your family."

Queen Haven's polite smile instantly became a scowl and Pipp's apprehension became horror. "You do, do you? Well, it looks like someone has..." Queen Haven's building steam was immediately doused with Sunny's next two words.

"I accept."

This time both mother, Queen Haven, and daughter, Pipp, gaped at Sunny. Queen Haven recovered first. "Well, excellent." She shifted her eyes to her daughter. "Bold strategy to simply tell her, Pipp. Very risky. But it worked, so I commend your alacrity in this matter."

Sunny held up a hoof. "I do have a condition."

Queen Haven chuckled and nodded. So that was why Sunny was accepting so readily. She liked it, such motivations made for easier negotiations. "Of course. We will have to discuss Pipp's dowry, won't we?"

Sunny nodded. This was going to sound bad, but she needed to couch it in terms Queen Haven couldn't wriggle out of. It may be a verbal contract, but since it was mainly a social agreement verbal would be more than enough. "For Pipp's dowry, I want Pipp."

Queen Haven blinked, in surprise and confusion. Pipp on the other hand was almost vibrating with anticipation as she realized what Sunny was planning. Queen Haven needed clarification though. "What do you mean? You are getting Pipp."

Sunny shook her head. Putting her hoof down, symbolically, and literally. "You will give up any social, familial, or economical claim you have on Pipp. All her performances, all her perfume lines, all her streams and anything else of hers that you manage, or have your hooves in. I want them all. And you can no longer pressure, cojole, plead, or use any other pressure to get her to do what you want."

Queen Haven scowled. Giving up the rights to Pipp's products was fine and good, but the rest of it. "She is my daughter. If you think..."

Sunny barreled over the Queen, "She will be my wife! If you think I'm going to let you treat her as a political tool you have another thing coming." She looked back at the obviously worried Pipp and have her an encouraging smile. Looking back at the queen who was frowning in obvious thought Sunny laid her hand down. No ace up her sleeve, just the honey and the vinegar, and letting the queen choose what she wanted. "I can play your game. I can smile and make nice. Or, if you refuse and want to mistreat Pipp again, I can go tell everyone your little plots here. Or you can lock me up. How long do you think your rule will last if you make an enemy of the mare who brought back the power of flight?"

Queen Haven seethed on her throne, she'd been backed into a corner. But a moment later she realized this didn't really change anything. Sunny Starscout was willingly tying herself to their family. So she would have a poor relationship with her daughter in law, and lost a valuable piece. She would gain a more valuable piece of leverage. As for her relationship with Pipp... Well Queen Haven hadn't liked her father either, but she understood his priorities, and reflected them. Queen Haven took another moment to pretend to be reluctant before nodding slowly. "Very well, but, there are conditions! You will have to get married within the year, here, in the castle. And there will be certain functions that you two will have up attend."

Sunny shook her head. "No. We will get married wherever we please. Likely in Maretime Bay but that we can decide later."

Queen Haven nodded putting on a small scowl. It would have been nice if the wedding was in the castle, but she could spin it to a good will destination anywhere it ended up being. "Fine. But you will attend the events, at least two a year. And you will get married within a year. Without those this entire thing would be pointless anyway."

Sunny thought she could push for more. She'd spelled out how the queen really had no room to stand on. But you could only push so hard before someone broke. And if the broke they stopped caring about the fall out. Sunny gave a glance back to Pipp who have her a hesitant nod. Looking back at the queen Sunny nodded. "Deal." She couldn't resist saying what came next. "I assume you don't want this deal in writing?"

"Of course not!" Queen Haven hissed. The queen sunk back into her throne with a long suffering sigh. "You no doubt think me a monster, Sunny Starscout. But I am just doing what's best for my people."

Sunny opened her mouth to respond but felt a tap on her side, Pipp was motioning away with her head, so Sunny let go of her retort and they both left, leaving the queen to stew in recent events. The queen for her part wasn't stewing so much as being mildly put out. She'd paid a far higher price than she'd planned on, but at the very least she had gotten what she wanted. And with Sunny Starscout full knowledge and cooperation to marry Pipp. All in all a very acceptable outcome.