• Published 9th Oct 2021
  • 5,299 Views, 31 Comments

A Cold and Stormy Night - WinterStormed



Hitch insists that Sunny must spend at least one night in Jail for all the by-Laws she broke. Cuddling ensues

  • ...
11
 31
 5,299

A Cold and Stormy Night

Author's Note:

Hi guys
I started writing fimfiction stories at the beginning of this year but ended up deleting my account by mistake. I lost 4 stories. 4. I only managed to salvage one and I am not sure whether I should publish it or not. This not my best but I hope you all enjoy it
Cheers and have a good one.

Sunny Starscout could not believe she agreed to spend a night in jail. Maybe she was distracted because she was so happy at the time. Starscout, along with her new friends brought friendship and harmony once more to the three pony races. Or it could also be because she was not paying attention to Hitch while he was talking to her. Honestly, you could not blame her. She was having so much fun with her spectral horns and wings. She just simply nodded her head and took off, flying with Pipp and Zipp. She only realized her mistake after every pony was starting to leave. Zipp and Pipp went back with their mother, Queen Haven, to Zephyr Heights, though they promised they will be coming back soon to visit. Izzy did the same but reminded her of what she unwittingly agreed to.

"Goodbye Izzy, I will be waiting for your visit," Sunny said as she hugged the purple Unicorn.
"You can count on that." Giggled Izzy.'"Just as Pipp and Zipp said, we will be back soon."


"Yeah, I know." Sunny was already missing her friends.

"You should be going Sunny, the sun is going down, you promised Hitch that you would be there before the moon rises."
Sunny broke from the hug, confused. "What promise."

Izzy giggled."You do not remember? Hitch was talking about your prison sentence."


Sunny's eyes widened. "What !"

"He said you broke a lot of by-laws on the day of our escape and some other stuff I could not understand. Originally your prison sentence was two years."

Sunny's jaw dropped.

"Buuuuuuut he managed to make only one night in prison."

Sunny sighed in relief but only to realize she will still have to spend a night in jail. Eventually Sunny and Izzy hugged one more time and parted ways.

"Arggg!" Sunny kicked a stone in her path as she headed to the sheriff's office. "Hitch and his dumb laws." Eventually, she made it to Sheriff Hitch's office.

"Sunny ! " said Hitch cheerfully. "I was about to get some...Sunny ?"

Sunny was not in the mood for his donut cravings."Can we just get this over and done with !" She said irritably as she headed towards the cell.

Hitch looked at Sunny with a puzzled expression. "Why are you upset ?"

Sunny scowled."No Hitch," she said sarcastically."I'm peachy, going to spend my night in jail is what I've dreamt my whole life."

Hitch frowned."You were okay with it when I told earlier on with the rest of the gang."

"That was because I was not paying attention! "

The Sheriff shrugged. "Oh well, either way, you were going to spend some jail for all those by-laws you broke..."

"For good reason !" interjected Sunny. "How were I and Izzy were to -"

Hitch waved her off. "That is not the point. The law is the law. I know you brought the three races together and all of that but the fact still stands that you broke the numerous by-laws. Your sentence was two years but because you did it for a noble cause and you are my friend I reduced it to one day. You have to be punished. No pony is above the law. And I will not be able to sleep at night, guilty for not upholding the law." There were tears in Hitches eyes as his hoof was placed to his heart.

Sunny was not amused. "Gee, I hope my time in jail will give peace of mind to sleep, Hitch"

Hitch, of course, did not pick up the tone of her voice. "Thank you for understanding Sunny." As he wiped his tears. "Now I will be right back. It's donut time ! " said Hitch gleefully ."Do not worry Sunny I will bring you one !" He said as he left.

Sunny sighed in frustration in her cell as he left. She looked at her cell. It was bare. An empty room. A stark contrast to the one Izzy and she was in back in Zephyr Heights. Her ears pricked at the sound of thunder and the patter of rain. She muttered in irritation, she forget what the weather forecast was tonight. Sunny shivered as the wind blew through the tiny window in her cell. It was getting cold. Where am I going to sleep? thought Sunny. Is this part of my punishment? Sunny's thoughts were broken as the doors swung open revealing a slightly wet Hitch.

"I cannot believe I forget about the weather," muttered Hitch. "And the donut shop was closed too."

"Hitch."

"Yes Sunny ?"

"Where I am going to sleep."

Hitch snorted. "On a bed, of course."

"This cell is empty Hitch."

"No, it is- What the Hay !" said Hitch in surprise, Looking at the cell and the scowling mare in it."Heh heh heh..."

"Is this my punishment?"

"No," said Hitch quickly."I forgot that the cell's furniture was removed for repairs. I am sorry."

Sunny took a deep breath. He was being sincere."Can I just go home, It may be partially destroyed but the bottom part is still intact and -"

"No Sunny, It is raining pretty hard and the winds are howling, it is too dangerous to go outside," said Hitch as he dug behind his table, looking for something. "Here you go !" revealing a thin mattress, pillow, and blanket.
"I'm sorry Sunny," Hitch said once again.


"It's fine," yawned Sunny as she laid down on the mattress with Hitch covering her. That was when Sunny realized something as Hitch was leaving. "Hitch, where are you going to sleep ?"


"....Ummmm I will be sleeping at my desk," said Hitch, chuckling. "Do not worry, I am used to it, sometimes I review cases into the night and eventually I fall asleep on my desk."


Sunny looked at the bottom of the blanket, revealing Hitches initials. Liar. He gave me his bed. Sunny looked guilty at Hitch as he was about to leave the cell.


"Hitch."

The sheriff turned around. "Yes Sunny ?"

Sunny's cheeks turned red. "Do you want to share the bed with me ?"

It was Hitches turn for his cheeks to turn red."N-N-No i-i-it is fine Sunny, I can totally-"

"This is your bed," said Sunny. "Please I-I-I insist."

Hitch did not know what to do, his brain malfunctioning, eventually he formulated a response.

"O-o-o-okay," said Hitch as he slowly walked towards the makeshift bed, laying down next to Sunny, their muzzles inches away from each other. Hitch stayed at the edge of the bed as Sunny turned around. Feeling tired, Hitch turned around as well. He did not sleep, the sound of the thunder and the patter of the rain was too much for him, coupled with the fact that his best friend was in the same bed as him.


He felt something poke in his back.

"Hitch."

He turned around. Sunny was shivering badly, he was used to the cold nights since the office was badly insulated but Sunny's s house, in fact, every pony in Maritime bay, had insulated houses.

"Do you have an extra blanket ?" chattered Sunny.

Hitch shook his head."Sorry Sunny, This is the only one." Sunny's cheeks became red once more. "Can I hold you ?"

"P-p-p-pardon me ?" the blushing Hitch said.

"I-I-I mean can I come closer to you, you know for body heat."

"O-o-okay," said Hitch as he turned around once more. Hitch felt Sunny as she scooted closer to him, touching his fur. he could feel her breathing on his neck. For the next hour, Hitch stared at the floor. He definitely could not sleep now. His best friend was sleeping with him! His chest was feeling warm and fuzzy too for some reason. It was a nice feeling though- Whoa!
Hitch felt two hooves wrap around his stomach pulling him towards Sunny, her muzzle buried in his neck. "S-s-sunny ?"
No answer. She is asleep. For the next two hours, Hitch tried to get out of Sunny's grip without much luck she held him even tighter and entwined her back legs with his. Hitch gave up. Boy, does he have a lot to explain in the morning? As he was falling asleep in Sunny's embrace he felt a slight pain in his right ear. He yelped as it pained a little harder. Sunny was nibbling his ear! Hitch tried to escape, no pony knew that Hitche's most sensitive part of his body is his ears. Hitch tried to stop the moans coming from his mouth. This night is a nightmare! Eventually, the sleeping Sunny stopped."My teddy bear!" giggled the sleeping Sunny. Hitch blushed when she said that, the warm feeling in his chest growing. Eventually, he fell off to sleep.


Sunny yawned as she lazily opened her eyes."What a wonderful sleep. Hey, Hitch...." The words died in Sunny throat as she realized she was holding something. Some pony.

"Arggg !" yelped Sunny as she fell off the bed. She stared at the still sleeping Hitch. Would he .....No, I was holding him not the other way around. Sunny sighed a breath of relief. He probably did not notice, thank god no pony was...

"Hi Sunny !"

"AHHHHHHH!" Sunny jumped in fright. " Izzy !" her cheeks turning red. "W-W-w-what are you doing here ?"

Izzy giggled as she hopped around sunny."I told you I will be visiting soon !"

"When did you arrive ?" asked Sunny nervously.

Izzy tilted her head."When I arrived here in Maritime bay or when I came inside the Hitches office ?"

Sunny gulped."When did you come here, in Hitch's office."

"Oh, about ten minutes ago."

"Does that mean...."

Izzy grinned."Eyup, You were literally embracing him like his your-"

Sunny quickly stopped Izzy from speaking."Shhhhh !" Hitch must not find out! Any pony for that matter!

Izzy looked at Sunny, puzzled. "Why? I thought you two were having some alone time."

"No !, I was feeling cold and-"

"So you don't have feelings for him ?"

"No! I mean-"

The two mares stopped talking as they hear a yawn coming from the bed.

"What a night," yawned Hitch, as he turned around, raising an eyebrow at Izzy."Are you not you suppose to be in Bridlewood ?"

"I came for visiting. Sorry for disturbing you guys, I will meet you all at Sunny's place." An with that she
hopped away.

Sunny and Hitch looked at each other, blushing. They immediately began to speak at the same time.

" About last night...."

They chuckled nervously. "You go first," said Hitch.


"I just want to say thank you for keeping me warm last and showing kindness to me," Sunny said, blushing.

"No problem Sunny, I will always be there for you," smiled Hitch.

Sunny's heart was beating faster. Always be there for you.

"Hey Sunny !" Sunny shook her head as she saw Hitch already moving towards the door. "Let us go and get some breakfast, I'm starving.'"

Sunny smiled."Right behind you." as she walked towards him.

"Hitch ?"

"Yes Sunny ?"

"You wanted to say something earlier about last night ?"

Hitch blushed."I-i-i 'll tell you later let us get breakfast"

"Fine by me"

Comments ( 30 )

How do you delete an account by mistake?

11007840
Honestly I do not know...one morning I wake up and poof...my account is gone

I can't help it, I love cute romantic stories. A like it will get, and into my library it goes! :twilightsmile:

11007848
"You do not have a fimfiction account?"
"But if it makes you feel any better i did have one, but that was many many many moons ago. It just poof disappeared."

11008193
FiM: fimfiction is magic

This is the cutest thing I've ever read. It gave me the warm fuzzies! Even though it probably won't happen in canon, the thought of Sunny and Hitch together just makes me happy. Thanks for writing this!

Dan
Dan #8 · Oct 9th, 2021 · · ·

Even pony cops are all children of unwed parents.

I loved it! I loved it! I LOVED IT!

There is no bail from snuggle jail.

Get in contact with the admins about your account. Relational databases (like the one here) don't like it very much when joined records get deleted (a FiMFiction account has a lot of joins) unless all the joined records go with it (that would be all stories, blogs, bookshelves, comments, likes, dislikes, followings, followed bys, etc.), So it's actually pretty common to just set a "deleted" flag on the account, but keep it in the database (no idea, however, if that is the policy here). They may be able to recover the stories, as long as they didn't get swept up by a maintenance script or have otherwise been permanently deleted.

Awww this was a cute short story so sunny have to spend some time in jail with hitch and they even shared a bed together so cute this is pretty nice story keep up the good work and I'm sorry what happened to your account

I second contacting one or more admins to see of theg can get your account back. if you published said stories, you might be able to find them again on FIMFetch, as well.

11009872
Thank you for the info

11008212
It was written for all you ponies!

Sequel where they do breakfast date?

THIS IS ADORABLE!!!

This is so adorable! I love this ship, you did an amazing job!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

If Sunny has to spend time in jail then Sprout should be in prison for the rest of his life.
Attempted Murder 4 counts.
Destruction Of Property 2 counts.
Reckless Driving... many counts.
Criminal Negligence 3 counts (at least).

I want to see that entitled little shit face some serious hard time. And Phyllis for enticing hate crimes among other things.

Putting the spelling mistakes aside, this was awesome!

I've read and recorded this to make an audio version. But there was quite a lot of parts where the grammar was wrong, I ended up fixing them with my readout as I went.

This is a cute story, but you should probably get an editor to go over it.

What a cute Story, found it through your body guard one. The teddy bear, classic

Nice, cute story. Entertaining read, I'd say. However, the grammar and punctuation is really odd and the language used by Sunny and Hitch is WAY too formal and robotic.

Most of the time, you should NEVER use words, like "it is" or "I am going to", but rather use "it's" or "I'm gonna", because it's far more natural when using those around friends and such. Formal language would be more appropriate when there's a speech or some authority figure giving out instructions, etc..

Otherwise, keep it up, you can only get better from this point on. :)

I love how silly and goody two shoes Hitch is at the beginning and then how he becomes compassionate and caring to give Sunny his own bed.

I love how Sunny was snarky and grumpy at the beginning and then how sje cuddles Hitch calling him her teddy bear.

This is so sweet. This feels like such a fun way to get them in a romantic situation without it being too blatant.

This is just a charming Hitch and Sunny fanfiction. They have such great chemistry here both snarky and sweet.

Hehehe, that is so heartwarming (SunnyHitch anyone?)

! Hitch tried to escape, no pony knows that Hitches most sensitive of his body is his ears.

The word "part" should probably put in an appearance between "sensitive" and "of" and."knows" should be "knew". :twilightsmile:

11538546
You are quite welcome!

Login or register to comment