• Published 29th Apr 2022
  • 1,279 Views, 13 Comments

Sun and Moon - Graymane Shadow



Celestia and Luna both face uncomfortable truths.

  • ...
1
 13
 1,279

Apogee

"And be sure to only plant lavender in this section. If you mix any of the other flowers into this bed, it will just create some terrible hybrid, and then we shall have to start all over!"

Celestia smiled, knowing how particular Luna was about her flower beds. While the Royal Gardeners were hardly inexperienced, lavender was one flower Celestia had banned from the grounds until very recently, so they were, at best, out of practice.

She looked over the last scroll of the day, verifying that everything was correct. Her eyes burned from fatigue, and she read it once more, just to make sure she hadn't missed anything from tiredness. With the flurry of changes required by Luna's full return, it had been a very long day indeed. Satisfied, she signed it with a flourish, rolled it back up, and handed both items to Raven Inkwell.

"Don't bother trying to file those tonight, it's already far too late," Celestia said. "They can wait for the morning."

"Yes, Your Majesty." Raven bowed before departing, trying - and failing - to stifle a yawn before she disappeared inside the palace.

Now free from one of the more onerous shackles of her position, Celestia pressed into the gardens, seeking out her sister. With all that had happened the night before, there had barely been time to discuss things, and she was more than a little eager to see how Luna was doing.

It seemed the answer to that question was 'muzzle down to the soil, coat splattered with mud and dirt, restored mane billowing in an unseen breeze, while her magic carefully tamped the dirt down just so', which made Celestia start to laugh.

"I do not see you down here helping, Tia," Luna groused. Then she winked. Finally satisfied, she stood, forcing Celestia to adjust once more to Luna's regained height. She was still shorter than Celestia, but that left her taller than nearly every other pony, something that had put a smile on Luna's face when they'd returned that morning.

"All done?" Celestia asked.

"I think for tonight, yes." She raised a forehoof, rubbing at her nose. "Finished signing all those scrolls you love so much?"

Celestia rolled her eyes. "I do not love scrolls."

"No, just making new laws and rules," Luna replied, grinning. "And now you plan to drag me into that whole sordid affair."

"You did ask for it."

She grinned more widely now. "I did, and I do not regret it one bit."

"Well, since you're back to helping around here..." Celestia began, nodding her head toward the sky.

Luna's grin dropped, and her eyes widened. "Oh!" She looked around, checking that they were alone.

Celestia put a foreleg around Luna's neck. "Relax. You'll be fine."

"I know," Luna replied. "But...I fear I shall be out of practice."

"Plenty of time to practice between now and the next Summer Sun Celebration."

The two sisters turned, facing the places of their respective celestial bodies.

"Ready, Luna?"

A pause.

"Ready, sister."

To the ponies of Equestria, the sunset that evening was the same as any other.

To two sisters in a garden...it was everything.

Author's Note:

And that marks the end of this story. Hopefully you enjoyed it!

Comments ( 2 )

Huzzah, good times! Our mistress of night is restored!

I really loved this story, it was nice

Login or register to comment