• Published 6th Oct 2021
  • 2,777 Views, 220 Comments

Return to Equestria - David Silver



Older, yes. Wiser, perhaps? If he had learned anything, he wouldn't be there. Offered a new chance to visit Equestria, he takes it, not understanding just how much it has changed since the first time. At least he lacks wings or a horn.

  • ...
20
 220
 2,777

PreviousChapters Next
21 - Vote

Huh… This is a mess.

"You're talking to me?" David didn't see anything else around. It was a formless void with a few stars floating in it quietly. Just the words before him and not much else. "No other text? No Gloomy?"

Just you, and me. We need to chat, I think. This has gone a bit off the rails, and I don't have a dream to blame this time.

"It's that bad?" David dusted himself off lightly. "I figured you brought up the MS stuff because it was getting you down. Real to life and all that. Thanks for sharing."

A little of that, but nowhere as bad as you. You were 'enjoying' that first time.

David winced, scrunching his face with the memory. "That was about the worst time."

Here's to never having it again.

"You gave it to me!" He leveled an accusing finger at the words. "Or was that Kai's idea?"

As if he knows me that well. I kept trying to hint and suggest, but only direct statements work. And even those only worked sometimes. Look… We're not above rewinding if we have to. We could do that.

"I wouldn't want to do that, and neither would you, being me." David raised a hoof from the void. "Besides, hooves aren't all bad. His idea?"

Mine. That my idea to not push you onto all fours. It was only afterwards did the whole filly thing come up.

"Still sounds cute, in retrospect… But we'd be telling the same story again, wouldn't we?"

Maybe. That's why I drew you aside. It's time to talk. Do you want this? Do the readers want this? Maybe we should ask them. Not sure who's reading this, but some of them are, pretty sure.

"Gender bent Silver adventures." David let out a merry digital tune of accomplishment. "Not sure if that was the idea. I'm not opposed to the idea."

I know that. God, we're such a mess. You know most guydudes are not alright with this idea, right? Some of them even get violent about it. Some people will storm off and denounce this story on hearing it, guaranteed.

"You were talking about asking them?" He brought two fingers together. "A vote?"

Of the readers. I won't vote.

"Of course… You know, me being aware of this makes complications."

Unless we rewind to the start, that's staying true. You're an updated me. I know how this story works. I like you and Joy and how you got along. So… let's ask. Hey, you, the one reading this! Comment below

"Shouldn't this go in the author's notes?"

No, now shut up.
1. Full speed ahead as we are, pony satyr.
2. Turn David into a filly.
3. All the way pony!

"That sounds kinds bad..."

You're the subject. You get no vote I don't give you. Shut up and let me finish.
4. Turn David back to normal(human), but cured.
5. Turn David back to normal(human), but still with MS.

"That is literally the worst option!"

And you're influencing the vote, stop it. Oh right.
6. What about some other foal? (not unicorn)
7. All the way pony but not unicorn.

"Woah!" David waved his hands wildly. "You're reaching for my fingers."

Shut up, time for them to vote. No time will pass for you. You may even forget we did this. Text interactions are strange. Either way, let's see what they say.

Author's Note:

No, really, vote below. Comment the numbers that please you. Feel free to do more than one number. Your comments on the story in general are welcomed.

PreviousChapters Next