• Published 23rd Dec 2011
  • 9,872 Views, 97 Comments

Good Clean Fun - TimeBomb0



(2nd-person) You and Sweetie Belle take a bath together, much to your chagrin

  • ...
5
 97
 9,872

BONUS: Commentary

Note: This chapter is not an extra chapter to the story, but rather a series of interesting tidbits that went into the creation of this fic. Spoilers warning apply. Enjoy, and thank you for reading.

-First things first: The inspiration for this story came to me out of nowhere, just about. I can't exactly remember if it hit me before or after I finished up work for "A Well-Deserved Break," but I remember that the idea of sharing a bath with a filly friend had not quite been done before in pony fiction, and thus would make for a unique and really cute story. Of course, I also had concerns about the idea, as the concept for it is very similar to "A Well-Deserved Break" in which you have an intimate moment with a love interest while neck-high in warm water. Eventually, I decided that as long as the pretense was different enough, it could lead to a fic with a different feel and progression all of its own.

-On the other hand, the choice for which filly to write about was a no-brainer for me. In addition to being the most adorable of the three Crusaders, Sweetie Belle is also the character I feel is not represented in the fandom as well as she should be. It seems that most depictions of her in fanon have her as an airhead who only exists to have a blond moment every now and then. I wanted to portray her in a different light, where she's a bit naive but still very much a kind-hearted and well-meaning filly (in other words, how she was shown in "Sisterhooves Social"). Also, "Sweetiepoo" is the dumbest meme to ever exist in bronydom. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

-I had a bit of a tough time figuring out a good way to get both "you" and Sweetie dirty at the same time. At first, I had something along the lines of her offering you a ride home from school on Scootaloo's wagon, and said wagon overturning into a mud puddle, but that proved to be a bit too difficult to put together. I ended up deciding that the best option would be for the "you" character to be taken by complete surprise, and thus the mudball idea was chosen.

-Pipsqueak was only in this fic solely because I like him. It's my story, I can do these things if I want to. :P

-Likewise, Rarity was originally only in the story so I'd have an excuse to talk about her having a wet mane like in the end of "Sisterhooves Social". As it turned out, she also ended up with plenty more plot-related reasons to be included, such as providing an excuse to force the two foals to take a bath together, providing more opportunities for gags, and simply by virtue of being Sweetie's sister. Also, she's a pretty fun and easy character to write, in my opinion. All I have to do is imagine how she would sound or react in a situation, and she pretty much writes herself.

-The one line you hear from Rarity's soap opera is actually a line I lifted from It Never Hurts To Ask, a short sensual fic by Strider of Xir. It's one of my favorite lines to come from the Sensual Fiction General, and I just couldn't resist throwing it in.

-The biggest trouble I had with this fic is figuring out what I wanted to happen once "you" and Sweetie were alone in the tub. There was at least a dozen ways that scene could have played out, and none of them stood out enough in my mind. The only thing I had down for sure was Sweetie confessing her feelings and then performing the splash fight fake-out. Eventually, I just forced myself to start writing and hope I liked it enough to keep going. I think it worked out in the end, but it's something I hopefully won't have to deal with again anytime soon.

-Anyone catch the reference to Ponies Vs. Monsters? It's fun to write call-forwards. :P

-At the end of the story, I initially planned on Sweetie giving you a quick kiss on the cheek just before you left the Boutique. I ended up not going through with it because I felt that it would've been better to leave them strictly as "friends" for the time being. Whether or not I change that with any future installments that may or may not happen remains to be determined...

Comments ( 11 )

It was a really nice story! Do you happen to be thinking about a sequel?

Yea I really hope you consider doing a sequel, as this was very cute and enjoyable.

It was a very cute and lovely story; I would love to see a sequel as well, but only if inspiration strikes you of course.

And totally agreed on the 'Sweetiepoo' nonsense.

Want sequel nao!!!

There's a lot of sick freaks out there who would've made this into a clopfic, and I'm glad you're not one of them.
t.qkme.me/3okdof.jpg

Also, "Sweetiepoo" is the dumbest meme to ever exist in bronydom. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

:trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftleft:
hmmm... not sure about that one. there are some pretty darn dumb memes out there, Sadistic Rarity and Molestia come to mind.
but I positively believe that Jappleack is far dumber than Sweetiepoo.
25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu1pyumX761r5tr09o1_500.png
25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lty2beZ9vY1r5tr09o1_500.gif

2976824 Never said you were, pardner. :ajsmug:

998184
Couldn't agree with you more:ajsmug:

998184

I'm not a sick freak. D: I just have fetishes and needs and stuff. I still have a soul. :S

But out of all seriousness, it's better when the filly is shipped with a grown mare if it's just two fillies/colts then if it's just cute it's fine. xD But just because you have weird desires/fetishes doesn't make you a sick freak. There's plenty of really nice people out there who have weird obsessions. You can't judge someone by what they're into. :A Now doing anything cloppy to irl kids, that's bad. :L Leave real life children alone. XD Granted I just think they're annoying anyway so that doesn't bother me. Alot of things about real life annoys me actually. :R

3172103 Well, you have boundaries at least. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment