• Published 1st Oct 2021
  • 451 Views, 2 Comments

Common Senseless - DakariKingMykan



Rarity learns a lesson about giving a fair chance.

  • ...
37
 2
 451

Act 4: Judgment Day

ACT FOUR

The next morning when Applejack awoke and stretched, there was a letter resting on her bed, right before her.

“What’s this?”

The note read: “Come one, Come All, to Rarity’s Canterlot Boutique for the “Fashion Fair of Fairness. Featuring a special presentation...”

Applejack didn’t know what to think.

Was Rarity trying to suck up to her in another attempt to make a hollow apology?

Then, she noticed from the corner of the room where she had set her kiosk the night before…

…it was gone!

“Jumping Hayfields!” she cried. “My kiosk…! My dresses…!”

She paused and stood tall and stiff. “Okay, now… don’t panic. It’ll only make things worse.”

Normally she would try and keep calm and quiet about most situations, but after she took in one soft, deep breath, she began to go crazy.

“I’ve been robbed! I spent a full month making those gowns! Not to mention blew two months of pay for the materials!”

Just then, she thought back to the note, and she began to suspect…

“Oh, no, no…! Don’t tell me she’s stooped even lower?”

It was bad enough Rarity could let go of her morals every now and then, and now she was resorting to thievery?!

She grabbed her hat and slapped it on her head, while glaring in a furious way and snuffing like a bull.

She charged her way through the hotel and out into the open, galloping her way towards Rarity’s store.

“When I get my hoofs on her, I’m gonna--!!”

Suddenly, she froze on the spot-- her body was encased in a shell of sparkling aura, and she couldn’t move an inch.

“Hey! What’s going on here?!” she growled.

She couldn’t break free, and to make matters worse, no other pony nearby seemed to notice her, or could hear her calling for help.

One pony was walking right towards her, and yet passed right through her like an optical illusion.

Whatever magic this was, it was powerful and frightening.

“Who’s doing this to me?!” Applejack wondered.

She was forced to remain where she was until long after midday. Applejack was really growing fed up and irritable just standing where she was, still unable to move, and she hadn’t eaten breakfast or lunch. Her stomach was growling really loud.


Suddenly, Twilight came along, and she dispelled the magic she had cast.

“Okay, Applejack, you can come out now.”

Applejack was finally able to move again, and she fell flat on the ground, all stiff and beat.

“Twilight…? You did this?”

Twilight nodded softly. “Sorry, but I had to. You’ll thank me later.”

“Thank you?!” snapped Applejack, and before she could say anything else, Twilight had levitated her up into the air and dragged her along telling her “…You’re going to love this.”

Applejack honestly didn’t know how much more of this she could take.

Well… things suddenly felt different when they arrived at Rarity’s and Twilight let her down.

Applejack could hardly believe her eyes…

Outside in the streets where so many displays and showcases of clothes and outfits; many of which Applejack recognized as from all the contestants who were rejected from the show.

The place was flocking not only with the contestants who designed the outfits, but patrons all over the village were flocking in lines gear to see the clothes as well.

Applejack then remembered the note left in her room, and she was beginning to put all the pieces together.

Then, a small fanfare sounded, and spotlights were shining on a small stage set up right next to the front doors.

Rarity then took the stage and welcomed everyone.

“I’d like to welcome you all here, and before you say anything at all, I would first like to whole heartedly apologize to all the contestants from the Fashion Show, for the way you were horribly mistreated and dismissed so callously without being given a proper chance.

And there is one pony in particular I sincerely wish to apologize to as well.”

Applejack looked at her through the crowds, and Twilight gave her a soft nudge.

Rarity poured all her heart into what she was about to say. “I acted very foolishly. I wanted to fit in so well with those I thought were peers that I lost sight of what really matters…

Every Pony deserves a fair chance, and should not be judged solely on their backgrounds or any social status.

…Which is why, I wish for you all to view this trio of terrific gowns called, “The Apple Sisters.”

Applejack’s eyes widened.

That’s when the curtains opened wide as beat music began to play, and Pinkie, Rainbow, and Fluttershy walked out, all dressed in the clothes Applejack had made.

Pinkie wore the red dress, Rainbow the green, and Fluttershy wore the yellow wedding dress.

They posed and twirled, and the entire audience was so captivated by the stunning astonishment.

Pictures were taken, notes were written down, there was even chattering amongst others…

“Those are super gowns.”

“I wish I had made them.”

“I’d buy them in a heartbeat.”


Applejack didn’t know what to say. She was all warm inside, and tears were coming to her eyes.

Twilight then explained it was all Rarity’s idea. “We spent the whole morning setting up, and that’s why I had to freeze you in place. We couldn’t let you get here while we weren’t ready.”

Applejack felt more touched than ever…


…When suddenly, she heard a sickening, familiar voice.

“What is going on here?”

It was Cowl, and the other judges, and they didn’t look the least bit pleased.

“If I didn’t know better, I’d say this was a fashion expo.” teased Wind Breaker.

“Good thing we DO know better.” scoffed Glitter.

Features hardened, and practically everyone in the entire area stared gruesomely at the nasty judges, but it was Rarity who spoke up.

“Do you…? Do you really know better?”

Cowl quickly answered, “Of course we do. That’s why we three are the greatest judges, and you, Ms. Rarity are not. We’re here to inform you that you have been relieved of your duties for failing to show up for the judging this morning.”

Rarity didn’t seem the least bit upset. “You can’t dismiss me… because I resign.”

Now the judges looked shocked.

“No one resigns from us.” sneered Wind Breaker. “We said you are dismissed, and that is final.”

“Enough!!” shouted Twilight, and she spoke severely to the judges. “Whether you say she’s fired, or she says she quits-- the bottom-line is, she’s glad not to be working with the likes of you anymore.”

Shocked again, the judges looked far at Rarity, and she stuck her muzzle up high in a huff confirming Twilight’s saying.

Then Applejack spoke up to the judges. “You three may think you’re great judges, but you’re not very nice folks; not the way you behave.

So as far as we’re all concerned here, we all don’t need your fancy fashion show, because we all know we’re special right here.”

The crowd began to applaud and cheer, but the judges were ruder than ever…

“You call this special?” sneered Glitter, “Well, at least we know retardation when we see it.”

The three judges snickered.

Finally, even Twilight was ready to lose her temper, but she managed to hold back.

Spike marched straight up to the three nasty ponies, “I think you better leave… now!”

“What?” taunted Cowl “Can’t take the criticism? Like we said… if you can’t take the criticism you shouldn’t be in the business in the first place.”

Now he was just being bold and foolish.

Twilight sighed miserably, and even she asked the judges to leave. “Someday I hope you three learn the difference between “Criticism” and “Being mean.”

Rarity approached the judges and let them have it good. “This is your final warning: Leave my property at once.

If either one of you says one more unkind thing about me, my friends, or these other ponies, I will personally write a report to Princess Celestia detailing your inhumanity, and thereby running you all the risk of being disgraced by the entire Equestrian Fashion Community!

…IS THAT CLEAR?!!”


Finally realizing the danger they were in, being outnumber, more than a-hundred to one, the judges made a run for it, yet they dashed off in such a panic…

Cowl crashed face-first into a lamppost…

Wind Breaker tripped over a garbage can…

And Glitter ran straight into a batch of shrubs.


Everyone laughed at their misfortune, and the angry and humiliated ponies walked off.

“I sure hope they learn someday.” said Spike.

Twilight had her doubts, but hoped the same as well.


“Speaking of learning…” said Rarity, and she approached Applejack, and looked her deeply in the eyes.

“Applejack… can you ever forgive me for being so foolish?”

Having lost her anger long ago and seeing the good that Rarity had done, not just for her but all the shunned entries…

“…Sure.” She answered proudly, and hugged her friend warmly, earning them both an “Aww…” from the crowds.

The mood was then broken by Applejack’s growling stomach. “Um… I don’t suppose you arranged for any vittles around here, did you?”

Everyone shared a laugh.

Author's Note:

Applejack forgave Rarity, and the friends all lived happily ever after...


...I think I'm going to be sick! :pinkiesick::pinkiesick::pinkiesick:

If only I could've made this into a "Friendship is Failure"

Comments ( 2 )
Comment posted by Starlight Nova deleted Oct 1st, 2021
Comment posted by wertyui deleted Oct 5th, 2021
Login or register to comment