• Published 1st Oct 2021
  • 449 Views, 2 Comments

Common Senseless - DakariKingMykan



Rarity learns a lesson about giving a fair chance.

  • ...
37
 2
 449

Intro: You Are Invited

Author's Note:

I Hate This Story (The way it turns out in the end)

Yuck

INTRO

One day, Rarity was working at her Canterlot Boutique.

There was so much to do for her and Sassy Saddles that Spike had taken time off from assisting Twilight and came to help.

Dresses were placed on the pony mannequins. Hats and shoes were laid in the display windows, and the paperwork. Oh, the paperwork…!

“Spike please do put those boxes over there.” Rarity called to him.

Puffing and panting, Spike struggled to maintain his stance as he lifted two huge boxes, but he couldn’t see where he was going, and when he set them down…

“Oh, no, no, not there… Over here!” Rarity protested.

“Sorry.” Spike panted, and quickly corrected himself.


“Oh, my goodness!” cried Sassy. “I can’t remember where I left the Spring-line inventory.

Suddenly, Spike yelled as he fell over, and the boxes burst open, spilling many dresses and clothes all over him. He poked his head up through one of the gowns.

“Why that’s it!” cried Sassy. “Oh, Spike… thanks you so much, dear.”

“No problem.” Spike grumbled as he helped her set up the display.


Soon the store was looking to be in better order, and Rarity closed the last binder of paperwork. “My, my, but that was rather exhausting.”

Sassy and Spike both agreed, but Rarity was ever so thankful to them both, especially towards Spike.

“I’m so glad you came here to help me today, Spike.” She said, grinning to him and fluttered her eyes, which made Spike feel lighter than air and dazed.

So dazed, he didn’t hear the knocking at the store door.

Rarity went and answered it, to find a well-dressed unicorn mare.

“Miss Rarity?” she asked in a polite and posh tone.

“Yes,” Rarity answered. “I’m terribly sorry, we aren’t open yet…” but before she could continue, the mare came straight to the point and explained, “I represent the “Canterlot Fashion Faceoff Festival.”

Rarity froze on the spot for a second, and then her blood began racing with anxiety.

“Canterlot Fashion Faceoff…?! The single, most-grandest of fashion events in all the envy of Equestria..?!”

She could barely contain herself, but then acted posh. “Um… ahem… yes, how may I help you?”

The mare then presented her with a scroll invitation from the Fashion Committee, stating that they had heard of her reputation, and were cordially inviting them to be a guest judge at the upcoming faceoff.

Rarity’s eyes lit up like the sun, and sparkled like diamonds. “I…? A guest judge at the… the…” she sighed heavenly as she fainted on the floor.


Spike had heard of this fashion show, and he examined the invitation. “Sure looks like an important event.”

“Important Event?!” snapped Sassy “Spike, have you no consideration. Many a-pony would give their very souls just come within a-hundred feet of such a ravishing event…” she paused “…Myself included.”

Spike still didn’t understand too well, not being a fashion enthusiast, but Rarity… she was still on the floor with a goofy grin on her face. “I accept…” she said in a honky voice.

Much as the mare thought she was acting strange, she was pleased.