• Published 1st Oct 2021
  • 760 Views, 15 Comments

Hitch gets Fluffled - Nailah



Hitch gets worshipped by bunnies.

  • ...
1
 15
 760

the only chapter

The bunnies surrounded Hitch, every one of them lifting their front paws up into the air. They seemed to just stand still in a circle while waving their limbs back and forth wildly.

"...what the…?" Hitch looked all around; everywhere he looked more bunnies stood surrounding him on all sides.. He could just jump over them, but would that be rude? Why was he so worried about offending little cotton fluff balls?

Before he could even consider his line of action, he felt the white fur of the bunnies underneath him, and suddenly he was being lifted into the air, and the bunnies started to carry him off.

"Hey wait, what are you little bunnies doing?" he asked, while remaining calm. Wouldn't be the first time he had crazy fans trying to kidnap him, but it was the first time animals were doing it. He wasn't sure whether to laugh, be scared, or just impressed they could lift him like this. After all, he did have a whole dozen donuts from the bakery this morning.

“Squeek!” the rabbits all replied in unison as they carried him to who knew where.

“Listen, I know you all really like me – I still don’t know why – but could you, you know, let me down?” Hitch swallowed a nervous gulp. How the heck was he gonna get out of this situation without accidentally hurting a cute innocent little creature?

The bunnies kept marching forward, each one carrying their own weight as they brought Hitch to this inner part of a nearby wooded area near their home. The bunnies finally let Hitch down in the center, and three of the bunnies use themselves as a makeshift ladder toput a lei around his neck, and then they retreated back down to the ground, All the bunnies in unison bowed down before him.

“Huh?” asked Hitch, tilting his head towards the center of the group. Reaching up to scratch the back of his ear, he tried to process everything that had just happened.

“Okay, so let me get this straight. You all adore me, that much I get.” Hitch paused in thought. I mean I know I’m pretty handsome and all that. But bunnies, really?

“But the whole worship thing that you are doing now? I don’t get it. Can one of you be so kind as to explain? Or, I dunno, at least try?” asked Hitch, turning his head from one side to the other, trying to observe if there was any space between any of the bunnies that he might be able to use later. All the bunnies were all huddled fur to fur, that it would be impossible. He really didn’t want to risk just jumping over them because if any of them tried to stop him, he’d end up hurting them. And as Sheriff of Maretime Bay it was his duty to protect everyone who lived there, citizens and critters alike..

The bunnies blinked and then proceeded to clap their paws together, big goofy grins plastered over their faces as they started hopping in place.

“Squeek! Squeak! Squeak! Squuuuuuuuuueeeeeeek~!” The bunnies began to declare in harmony. Each bunny adding something to the pitch and their back hind legs thumping on the ground, almost like a drum to add to the rhythm of their singing.

Hitch sighed heavily. How the heck was he gonna get through to these critters? Did they really think he was some kind of deity? Was it his badge?

“Listen up now, I’m nothing special,” Hitch began “I’m just the sheriff of Maretime Bay. Nothing more, nothing less. I’m certainly not worthy of this sort of attention. Can you all please stop acting like I’m some kind of god?”

The bunnies all looked at him, stopping their singing and just seemed to glare right into his soul. Then they started hopping rapidly in place, almost like they were in denial of this claim.

SQUEAK.” They shouted at Hitch in unison.

Hitch sighed, lowering his head ever so slightly. Then he tilted his head all the way back and cracked his neck with a loud pop!

Every bunny he could see had their long ears jolt up all at once, each looking from left to right, right to left. It was almost as if the pop had triggered something in their defense.

“Hey now, it’s okay little ones. I just got a crick in my neck, it’s nothing to be alarmed by.” Hitch explained, pointing to his neck and trying to demonstrate to the bunnies that the sound had come from him, but this time his neck didn’t want to pop again.

The bunnies blinked and just stared at him more. Hitch wasn’t even sure how long they just lingered their gaze on him, before they went back to cheering and dancing. They hopped up and down, while clapping their little paws together and moving around in a circle all at once.

“Okay, that was a quick shift,” Hitch stated calmly. He scratched underneath his chin, trying to think. If these bunnies truly worshipped him, how could he use that to obtain his freedom without any accidents?

“Alright my little bunnies, it’s time for Hitch to get back to work.” Hitch began, pausing as he held a hoof against his badge to make it shine against the light of the sun as it shined down onto him. The light illuminated him and made him stand out against the dark grays, and greens of the forest around him.

All of the bunnies stood at attention, each one staring at him and seeming to just squeek all at once, all in harmony.

“SQUEEK!” The bunnies shouted and cheered all prancing and dancing and singing.

Hitch sighed heavily, and hoof palmed. What have I gotten myself into?

“Listen, I really really really need to get back home. What if someone is in danger and I’m not there? I admire you all but I need to go home, please,” Hitch begged, giving the bunnies his best puppy dog face.

All the bunnies turned their attention to his eyes, and then suddenly they made a path between them, rows of bunnies to each side of him, starting to make a line towards Maretime Bay.

Sighing heavily, and lightly patting his badge he looked to his admirers and smiled brightly.
“Why thank you kindly. I do promise I will come and visit you often. Perhaps even bring you some fresh carrots and other amenities. Now, if that is all, I must return to Maretime Bay, and I must protect my fellow ponies and my fellow critters as well. Truly, I will miss you all, be safe and remember to love one another.

With that, Hitch began to make his way home, Sunny was never gonna believe what had just happened. He sighed to himself, then again... knowing that filly maybe she just might.

Author's Note:

This is a silly story and it has no purpose it just came to my mind that no one had done the idea of Hitch being worshipped as some kind of God/Deity by the animals, and the bunnies seemed like a good candidate for this idea, so I just went for it. It’s a cute little oneshot and no I don’t have plans to extend this or make a sequel. I have a much more serious G5 fic that I’m outlining but ideas come and this just came out in a night, so here you go, enjoy. I hope you all like my silliness.

Comments ( 15 )

Hitch get's Hitched. I'm waiting for a story with that title to come out.
On another note. Reading story now.

cute. Fluffballs fluffed.

Hitch is getting hitched- oh someone already made that joke.

Glad to see that G5 has also inspired you!

Animals just seem to have a thing for Hitch. Wonder if the tv series will delve into that.

Agent K and the bus station locker vibes.

Mares in Black

10998314
Personally, I'm wondering if he might be some distant relation to Fluttershy. T'would explain a fair bit.

10998850
You know he just might. There’s such a big time gap that anything is possible really.

Just one word: ADORABLE!!!!! :pinkiehappy:

This is indeed a very cute story.

This was a very cute story. I especially like how you portrayed Hitch, his inner monologue was a joy to read. He gives me the impression of a Paladin who is very aware of just how high his charisma is, but is still nice and respectful.

11008459
Even if he *does* indulge in his pride and the hero worship a little bit from now to then. ;)

We have a similar idea brewing over here, but not quite this direction.

11011750
Both traits often found in paladins. :raritywink:

bloxorz! That's a cute story

Pffffft. Nu Hitch; you are now their king! Embrace the bunny kingdom! You are their god! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!... hehe.

Seriously though, this was really cute. Nice work Nai Nai. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment