• Published 10th Sep 2012
  • 2,844 Views, 39 Comments

Into the Rainbow Factory - Ractrin



A Human has been pulled to Equestria by Princess Celestia to help stop whats going on in Cloudsdale's Rainbow Factory

  • ...
17
 39
 2,844

Section 3: Test Preparations

Scootaloo following behind as they approached a cloud shaped like a house but with coulombs on the front and a rainbow fall under it. They landed on the front porch and Rainbow watched intently as Raptor hopped off her back and landed firmly on the cloud. She cussed under her breath. As he landed, however, he almost lost his balance from the squishy surface of the clouds. Scootaloo jumped behind him and pushed him back up with one of her wings. He thanked her and then they all went inside.

Upon entering Rainbow went and settled on her couch as Scootaloo lifted up and then crashed next to her, laughing as puffs of cloud settled. Raptor noticed the floor was more firm here. It was as if he had walked into a white puffy house. He looked around and took in the cozy little house. On the wall in front of the couch the two ponies sat on was a single book case. The top row was of just one book series. Raptor walked over to it and looked them over. He read the spine of one:
Danger-do and the Lost Crystal
He huffed in amusement and continued looking around. Rainbow Dash watched him curiously.
“You know you can put your stuff down and get comfortable.” she stated matter-of-factly. He looked at the weapons on his back and then looked blankly at her. She rolled her eyes and pointed at an empty corner of the room. He walked over to it and placed his stuff down. Casually he walked over to a chair and sat in it. From this perspective he noticed that there were two rooms attached to the one they were all in. The bed room was on the right side of the room and the kitchen on the left. The lights were out in both rooms so he couldn’t see any details inside the rooms themselves.

Scootaloo went to say something when she suddenly made an odd face. She excused herself to the bathroom. As soon as she disappeared around the corner Rainbow Dash pinned Raptor to the chair. His eyes widened as her rose colored orbs appeared to glow red. “Alright you piece of shit, what the fuck do you want with Cloudsdale?”
“I just want to find this secret that Celestia is looking for.” Raptor responded calmly as he glared back at Rainbow’s deadly stare.
“There is no secret. Nothing out of the ordinary is going on there.” Rainbow stated as she hopped off the chair continuing her angered stare.
“What does happen in Cloudsdale that has Celestia so suspicious?” Rainbow Dash went back over to the couch and sighed.

Scootaloo came trotting back in at that time and sat next to her favorite pony. “What are you guys talking about?” she asked looking at them both. She noticed the subtle glairing being shared.
“I was just about to explain to Raptor why you have been practicing for that test for so long” Rainbow stated with a innocent smile.
“If you fail, you get deported.” Scootaloo stated with a frown. “And I don’t want to be deported. I just got my Cutie Mark, no way am I going anywhere.” Rainbow plopped her hoof on Scootaloo’s head and messed up her mane.
“With what moves I taught you, you’re gonna give those judges no choice but to let you in the east gate.” Rainbow said gleefully.
“Yeah I can see it now. Orion floating there waiting for me to pass and then flying with me to the award presentation” Scootaloo looked off in the distance with a dreamy smile.

“So if you fail. You’re deported?” asked Raptor.
“Weren’t you paying attention idiot?” Rainbow said looking at Raptor. He just ignored her comment.
“Where are they sent to?” he asked looking at Scootaloo. She in turn looked at Rainbow Dash. Rainbow knew that was about to be asked, and had the cover story well versed.
“There’s a colony just outside Equestria that they’re sent to. We occasionally check up on them but they’ve developed their own failed society.” Scootaloo nodded believing her story, but Raptor was a little suspicious. He pondered about why Celestia would be okay with this. With her sending him on this mission, he figured there was more to it than what Rainbow was letting on.
“Where exactly is this… ‘colony’?” he asked suspiciously. Rainbow gulped and then smiled when she remembered that he didn’t know anything about Equestria. Then she remembered that Scootaloo had pretty much flown all of Equestria beside her since her wings were strong enough to pick her up. She sighed and hoped that Scootaloo wouldn’t say anything.

“You wouldn’t know where I was talking about even if I told you.” she said crossing her arms.
“But I’d know.” chimed Scootaloo.
“Ugh…dammit. Just drop it, it’s not a nice place to be. Those pegasi might as well be earth ponies with how useless their wings are.” Raptor looked at her suspiciously for a moment and then had to catch himself from falling asleep all of a sudden. His eyes became blood-shot as he fought away the sleep. “You okay Raptor?” Rainbow was staring at him curiously with Scootaloo joining her stare.
“I just need some sleep. I’ve been having these weird visions for the past few weeks. All they are, are blood and rainbows…kinda weird if you ask me.” he muttered through a yawn.
“Heh, yeah that is.” laughed Scootaloo.
“Well, you get some rest. I guess I can take you to Cloudsdale tomorrow. I gotta take Scoots there to get ready for her last day of flight school before the exam.” said Rainbow with a slight grin.
“I thought you couldn’t gimme a tour tomorrow.”
“I can’t. Doesn’t mean you can’t look around on your own though. Not like we have anything to hide.”
“Not with the way you’ve been sounding.” Raptor thought. He leaned back in the chair and closed his eyes. Next thing he knew he was asleep, the visions doing very little to bother him.

The two ponies watched him for a moment and then carried on with their evening. After a while of goofing off and messing around. Scootaloo finally laid on the couch and sighed with fatigue.
“I’m a bit tiered Rainbow.” she said with a smile.
“He he. Alright squirt. You can sleep in my room tonight. I’ll sleep on the couch.” Rainbow said with a laugh.
“REALLY!?” Scootaloo hovered for a moment and then dashed into Rainbow’s bedroom. Rainbow laughed for a moment and then turned her attention to the sleeping Human. She walked over to him and watched him for a second.
“I could do it now.” she thought with a malicious grin. “I could remove him now that no one is watching.” she raised her hoof over his throat and was about to push in with all her might when she heard a noise come from the kitchen. “What the hay?” she whispered as she walked over to the doorway leading into kitchen.

When she flipped the light on she noticed Chancellor Black pushing some clouds together to fix a hole in the wall he had made. “What the fuck are you doing here?!” she exclaimed with malice.
“I came to see this visitor of ours. The one Celestia hired to root out our little secret.” he said trotting up to her. She glanced over her shoulder and then back at him.
“I’m keeping an eye on him.” she stated through a glare.
“I heard something about you offering to take him to Cloudsdale tomorrow.” he said with a returning glare.
“Yeah what of it?”
“Are you fucking stupid? Why the fuck would you want to take him right where the factory is!?”
“If he sees that there’s nothing there, he’ll report it to Celestia and this whole thing will blow over. Also if I keep avoiding his questions, he’ll begin to suspect something just as much as Celestia.”
“Then kill him.”
“I was about to, but some prick had to break into my house in the middle of the night.” he began to chuckle, but it died off as he thought of something.
“If we kill him though. Celestia might think something’s up. Especially with you being the last one with him.” Rainbow sighed and looked over her shoulder at Raptor.
“Fuck.” she muttered.

“Just don’t take him to Cloudsdale, Rainbow Dash. For the interest of all parties involved.” he reopened the hole he had made and flew away. She huffed and walked over to the wall and closed the opening. She then walked back to the door’s edge of the room and stared at Raptor. She didn’t know what to do with him. To some degree, Rainbow Daqsh figured out why Celestia had sent him to investigate Cloudsdale. If he were to be killed or go missing, she would instantly be tipped off that there was something going on. Rainbow walked out into the living room and sat on the couch again. She leaned down to the table and ate an apple. As she ate, she leaned her head against one of her hooves looking at him irritated.
“Piece of shit” she spat. After a moment she had unwilling fallen asleep.

Raptor awoke the next morning to see Rainbow Dash drooling onto her hoof, a half eaten apple on the floor in front of her. He sat up and noticed she must of fallen asleep watching him.
“Creepy” he thought as he stood up and stretched. He walked into the now lit kitchen and found Rainbow’s food pantry. He opened it and sighed in disgust. All she had was hay and clovers. Hunger still pestering him, he closed the pantry and walked back out into the living room. He grabbed an apple from the bowel on the table and ate it hungrily. As he sat there, bored, he wished he had thought of bringing some form of tablet to keep himself entertained. He chewed up another bite of the apple and sighed.

After a moment or so he stood and walked into the bedroom to find Scootaloo there sound asleep. Looking around he noticed that Rainbow didn’t have much décor. He figured that clouds wouldn’t really hold up anything other than the pegasi and anyone that had Twilight’s spell on them. He looked at the chewed up apple in his hand and pondered how they could be up here without falling through. He shrugged it off as he meandered back into the living room to peer out of one of the windows.

Looking over Ponyville he just watched the civilians go about their daily lives, no care of what was happening elsewhere in Equestria. Turning from the window, he walked over to a picture in a cloud frame. It showed a city within white puffy clouds. A rainbow fall fell from its left side as water falls fell from other random locations. He did notice that hidden behind a large pillar one of the buildings crested into thick black storm clouds. He leaned in closer to examine it, but suddenly he heard a yawn come from behind him causing him to spin around; kicking up a few clouds as he did so.

Scootaloo was hovering into the room, a hoof rubbing at one eye.
“Wow, Dash isn’t awake?” she asked as she landed and walked over to Rainbow Dash.
“Nope” Raptor responded. He walked over to them and reached for Rainbow’s shoulder. He shook her and she jerked awake.
“Huh!?” she questioned as she looked around to see the two looking over her. “Wow, did I really fall asleep right here?” she chuckled.
“Yes you did, silly filly.” Scootaloo joked. Rainbow looked over her shoulder out the window and sighed.
“Well Scoots, guess we’d better get you to class.” she looked at Raptor and thought back to what Black had told her. “I can’t take you to Cloudsdale, Raptor.”
“Would you make up your mind…geez…why not?” he asked confused.
“I-I just can’t okay.”
“Alright” he raised an eyebrow, not in suspicion but in confusion.
“I’ll drop you off at the library. Twilight might havta renew that spell anyway.” she started towards the door. Her face showed a little bit of depression.
“What’s wrong RD?” asked Scootaloo. Rainbow made a weak grin.
“Nothing” is what came out of her mouth, but in her mind, “I want him to find out. To end this hell. Fuck our need for rainbows…I’m tiered of this shit.”

She walked to the door and opened it. Scootaloo walked out first with Raptor close behind throwing on his stuff. As soon as his feet fell onto the softer clouds he fell forward into a plume of white mist. Both ponies chuckled at him as Rainbow helped him up. She then let him onto her back and they took off. Raptor watched Scootaloo for a moment as she soared behind them. Her wing beats and tail movements seemed similar to that of Rainbow Dash’s own movements.
“How long have y’all been training together?!” Raptor yelled over the wind.
“I’ve been teaching her for about six years now!” replied Rainbow Dash.
“It shows! She moves like you!”
“That‘s nice!” Rainbow fell in lower to the ground as she approached the library. She touched down on the balcony and Raptor hopped off. Scootaloo hovered over head waiting for Rainbow to join her in the sky again.
“Later Raptor!” shouted Scootaloo as Rainbow blasted past her. She then sped off chasing the cyan dot being followed by a rainbow.

He waived for a moment and then turned to the building to see Twilight walking out of the door.
“Back already?” she asked.
“Yeah, Rainbow won’t take me to Cloudsdale.” he said as he walked past her into the building.
“Strange” she said following him. “She’s usually quite apt to take anyone up there. She gave us a tour about ten years ago when she competed in the Young Fliers Competition.” Raptor was halfway down the stairs when she said that, causing him to stop mid step.
“She gave y’all a tour?” he said looking over his shoulder.
“Yeah, why?” they continued down the steps. Once there he sat on the floor and pondered.
“I think she’s hiding something.” he said looking into Twilights eyes.
“What? Rainbow Dash wouldn’t hide anything. She’s the Element of Loyalty after all.”
“The wha’?”
“The Element of…you’re new…I forgot.” she walked over to a shelf and pulled a book from it with her magic. She then brought it over to him and sat it in front of him.

“The Elements of Harmony, a reference guide.” he read the title aloud. He opened the book and read about the elements of harmony and how they were used in the past by Princess Celestia to defeat her sister when she turned evil. The book was also a little more up to date with including the elements’ use of defeating a chaotic creature by the name of Discord. He looked up from the book to see Twilight re-shelving a section of the library.

“I have elements myself” he stated as he pulled his backpack off. He reached inside and pulled out four stones, each having a different color and shape. Twilight looked at them curiously at first and then asked what they were. “Well, this red one is the Eye of Ra, the element of fire. This blue one is the Sapphire of Poseidon, the element of Water. This brown one is the stone of Uluru, the element of Earth and finally this green one is the rock of Loki, the element of air.”
“So you can control the different physical elements?” she asked looking up from the stones.
“Only with my spirit energy.”
“Your what?” she raised an eyebrow, confused.
“My spirit energy. It’s what you would call magic. Except I use the energy of my body and soul to perform certain abilities or enhance others.”

He plopped the book on the ground and then stuck the stones back into his backpack. He stood and then held his hand over the book. A purple hue formed around his hand and then the book. Within a few moments it closed and lifted into his hand. This caused her to watch inquisitively. He then tossed the book to the side and reared back with a balled up fist. He slammed his fist into the floor and it caused a small hole. When he stood back up Twilight was staring a the hole with her mouth hung open. “I mainly use it when I’m in combat with someone. I takes a lot of energy to fight, so I usually conserve it while in a peaceful situation.” he walked over and picked his backpack back up and threw it back on.

Rainbow Dash looked over her shoulder to see Scootaloo catching up to her. She grinned and pushed against the air with her wings harder. Scootaloo saw this and glared at her. She sped up her wing beats but Rainbow was still gaining distance between them. Scootaloo pushed as hard as she could but Rainbow was still leaving her. She then noticed that a thin beam was forming around Rainbow Dash. It began to curve further and further in until it erupted into a Sonic rain-boom. The ring of color blew out from where Rainbow broke the barrier and a rainbow trailed behind the pegasus responsible. Rainbow swung around and evened up with Scootaloo who had slowed down by now and chuckled at the orange filly. Without a word she then bolted for Cloudsdale. Scootaloo sighed as she watched the cyan dot shrink ahead of her.

She realized the only way she could be as good as Rainbow Dash or better was to beable to perform the Sonic Rain-boom. Her wings were still to slow and she still didn’t have the control over her maneuverability that Rainbow had. Every time Scootaloo tried the Sonic Rain-boom she would barely get a spark before she would get batted away by the barrier. She sighed as she followed Rainbow to the precipice of the flight school building in the middle of Cloudsdale. She landed on it’s upper balcony with Rainbow already waiting for her. Scootaloo just hung her head as she walked past the rainbow crested pony, which caused Rainbow to look at her concerned.

“You okay there squirt?” she asked, evening her pace with Scootaloo as they walked into the building.
“I’m fine.” Scootaloo scorned.
“Oh c’mon. just because you can’t do the Sonic Rain-boom doesn’t mean that you can’t pass this test.”
“I’m not worried about that. I’m worried that I’ll never be as good as you.” Rainbow stopped walking and raised an eyebrow.
“Is that what you want? To be as good as me?” Scootaloo stopped and looked at her long time mentor, tears swelling into her eyes.
“Yes. Yes Rainbow Dash. I want to be as good as you. You dunno what it’s like to be the last pony to beable to fly in your class. You don’t even know what it’s like to be ridiculed for not having your cutie mark!” Rainbow Dash walked up to her and embraced her.
“You’re the greatest flier here, kid-o. After all, you’ve only had the most awesome teacher in Equestia.” Scootaloo laid her head into Rainbow’s colored mane returning the embrace. A tear fell from her eye and slid down Rainbow’s cyan coat. “I took you under my wing, I’ve gotta keep an eye on you.” They separated and smiled at each other.
“Thanks Rainbow, for everything.”
“Hey, that’s what I’m here for.”

Rainbow’s grin faded when a low noise was made by a nearby pegasus getting her attention. She glanced over her shoulder and then back at Scootaloo. “I got something to take care of kid.” she said with a grin as she rubbed Scootaloo’s purple mane.
“You’ll make it to my test right?” Scootaloo asked as she straightened her hair.
As Rainbow turned to walk away she glanced back with a cocky grin and said, “Sure thing, you can count on it! Oh and squirt, meet yah at my place when you‘re done with school!” she then continued on to the pegasus that had gotten her attention.

Scootaloo watched her for a moment and then turned around to run right into a brown colt with white streaks in his mane. Their noses meshed together. She jerked back and did an embarrassed grin at him.
“Hey there Scoots” the brown pegasus chuckled.
“H-hey Orion.” she stuttered.
“You ready for the big test?” he asked as they began trotting down the corridor together.
“Hell yeah I am!” she exclaimed, her head held high as she attempted to dispose of her awkward embarrassment.
“Good thing its tomorrow though.” Orion grinned with a nervous toothy smile.
“You’re not ready?” she looked at him with sympathetic concern.
“No I-I’m ready…I’m just really nervous.”
“What’s to be nervous about? We’ve been through the routine a hundred times in the past week.”
“I know, but…but…haven’t you heard of what happens to the ones who fail?” he lowered his ears in the thought of what he had learned.
“Oh c’mon,” she said as she punched his shoulder, “There’s no fucking way we’re gonna fail.” he raised his eyebrow at her choice of words.
“Where’d you learn to talk like that Scoots? You told me jus last week how you hated to cuss.”
“Ah, Rainbow Dash uses them.” she smiled.
“Scootaloo! Orion! Stop lollygagging and get to class!” shouted one of the flight professors.
“Yes sir!” they both exclaimed as they dashed to their first class of the day.

Rainbow Dash followed the pegasus that had grabbed her attention to the weather factory nearby. They landed near the rainbow falls at the base of the factory. She looked up at the dark clouds that rested at the precipice of the tower and sighed. Following the pegasus with her, they climbed the stairs that lead to a large metal door. The accompanying pegasus pressed a switch and a keypad fell out. He used his wing to type in a few keys and the door hissed. It then slid upwards with a loud grinding noise. Moments after the noise finished reverberating through the great factory, she and her overseer stepped through the dark threshold.

As they wondered down the demented corridor a few more “guards” joined them, these ponies were masked and covered in a black suit that covered their cutie marks and manes. They all walked into an open facility with ponies moving about in every direction. As they walked past the busy ponies, some stopped to look at them with judging eyes. Once the procession had reached the other side of the office space, they walked up a set of stairs that led to a large white door. The pony that had initially brought Rainbow tapped on the door in a series of clicks with his hoof. A little bit of time passed and he went to knock again when a hiss was heard causing the pegasus to take a few steps back. The door slid sideways and a tall red pegasus stepped out wearing a white lab coat, also covering his cutie mark. He looked at the group of pegasi in front of him and smiled maliciously when his eyes fell upon Rainbow Dash. “It’s about time you showed your cutie mark around here Rainbow.” he hissed. She glanced under her wing at her cutie mark and then sneered back at him.

“I’ve been busy Dr. Atmosphere.” she snarled.
“Busy?” he asked insulted. “Busy with what? You’re not telling me that your inferior Ponyville ruse is more interesting than this place.”
“I’ve been helping a friend stay out of this shit hole” she snorted.
“‘Shit hole’?” he chuckled. “this place has changed you a lot more than you are willing to admit Dashie.”
“Shut the fuck up!” she snapped. “What did you want with me?” he chuckled as he shooed off the other Pegasi. He stepped out from his laboratory and led Rainbow down the stairs as the other Pegasi flew off.

“Who’s your friend?” he asked with malicious curiosity.
“No pony you’ll ever know. Now where are we going?”
“Where do you think?” he said as they walked through a small door. Past the door was a room with tall vats on the right and a pit on the left. They had entered the Main Theater room. They walked out onto the stage. He stopped in the middle and looked at her. She walked over to the edge of the stage and looked across the pit below her. At this time it was dark and lifeless. It, in a way, resembled her soul at this exact moment.

She had never really seen the room from this angle. It was a little nauseating to be so close to the machine. She looked at it over her shoulder. At the top of its gaping maw was a clear line of coagulated blood that had not been cleaned for some time. It was understandable, nopony ever wanted to be that close to the jaws of this monolith. She meandered to the drop in the floor that the spigots hung over and could see the pool of what rainbows remained to be drained into the weather factory.

She sighed and turned around to see Dr. Atmosphere smiling maliciously at her. “I brought you here so that you could get used to this angle of the room. I know you’ve spent most of the time in your little corner viewing from afar.”
“Why would I need to know this part of the room?” she asked as she walked around him.
“I want you to deliver the upcoming group of foals to the factory personally.”
“What!? But I…” she stopped and looked at him.
“You what? Were gonna watch your friend?” he chuckled as she glared at him. “Who is your friend again?”
“I’m never going to tell you jack ass”
“Is it that little filly Scootaloo?” he grinned at her as her eyes shot open in surprise.

“How the fuck do you…”
“You’ve been so busy trying to keep her out of here, Rainbow, that you never noticed my agents following you. How do you think my men knew you were going to be at the Flight Academy?”
“You stay the hell away from her! She’s not meant for this place!” she yelled.
“Maybe if she passes, I can get her to sacrifice her life to work here in this lovely factory. Though if she fails...” he grinned maliciously. “She can sacrifice her life for my rainbows.”
“As I’ve said! She’s not going to have anything-” he interrupted her with a smack across the snout. She held her nose for a moment and kept her head in the position it had been forcefully moved to. She turned to glare at him and then jumped up into the air. She curled her wings as she was about to charge him. However before she could beat her wings even once, two guards pinned her to the ground; their hooves digging into her feathers.
“You sold your soul to this place you fucking bitch!” he said baring down on her. “No matter how far you run. Now matter where you hide. I will find you, because Rainbow Dash, You.Are.Mine.” her anger fell as she looked away, defeated. He motioned the guards away and she stood up.

“YOU came to me, ass hole.” she said as she straightened her ruffled wings. “You wanted to use my Sonic Rain-boom. It wasn’t till I walked through the FUCKING DOOR that you told me I couldn’t ever fucking leave.” her defiance just made him more enthused with what he considered her idiocy.
“You never figured it out? Ten years and you still don’t know? I did that on purpose you moron!”
“What?”

“I knew you had the potential of another Sonic Rain-boom, Rainbow Dash. So when Rarity flew up to the sun during that competition I had my agents blast her wings to make her fall. I hoped that if you’re Sonic Rain-boom could produce enough rainbow energy to eliminate the need of living flesh, then maybe I could increase the vibrancy of the rainbows; or increase our rainbow production. However, you had to be to weak to perform the Rain-boom enough to compensate. I decided that throwing you into the machine instead would be more fruitful” she looked at him surprised and suddenly nervous. Her gaze turned into a maddened glare.
“I’m an Element of Harmony! You can’t just kill ME fucker!” she exclaimed. He raised an eyebrow with a quixotic smirk.

“Oh? You really think I haven’t thought of that? If anything I figured you having that Element in you would just make the rainbows themselves more extravagant! You being one of the Elements makes you even more worth tossing in! and…if you make these rainbows that much better, then perhaps I could go and get Fluttershy as well.” Rainbow’s glare turned into a menacing scowl.
“Don’t you even dare think of that! You have no business with her! She never took the test, so you can’t judge her!”
“But if you, Rainbow,” he got close to her and grinned into her eyes, “made the rainbow’s even brighter because of the Element inside of you, then so will she.” he planted his fore-hoof into her chest and then slowly slid it up her neck to her chin, ruffling her coat as he went. “So go to Appleloosa and meet those mercenaries to pick up that cart of mules tomorrow.” she snapped her head away from his hoof angrily and lifted off. “I wish your friend good luck” he said with menacing sarcasm.
“Fuck you.” she barked as she dashed out of the door.

She barreled down the hall at lighting speed. She had never wanted to be out of the factory so badly before. She just wanted this day to be over and for tomorrow to be over. All she wanted was the be standing next to Scootaloo as she held her ribbon. Tears flowed from Dash’s eyes as she blasted past workers, dodging around the few that dared to be in her way. She wanted this all to be over. All the hell of this factory that was around her. Just as she was about to get to the other side of the open part of the facility a pegasus jumped up and swatted her out of the sky. She rolled in air and landed on her back, sliding up to a wall. She opened her eyes to see Black walking up to her with a deep scowl.
“Where do you think you’re going in such a hurry Dashie?” he scorned.
“I’m getting the fuck outta here.” she said as she clamored to her feet and rubbing her bloody snout.
“We’re not done giving you your assignment yet.” he said dryly with no compassion.
“What? Fuck you, I’m not doing anything other than bringing those little twerps here!”
“Oh no, you’re doing much more than that.” said Dr. Atmosphere as he landed next to Black. She snorted in irritation at his presence. “You’re also going to address the crowd of failures when they get into the pit. You are doing EVERYTHING that is apart of this routine.” Rainbow’s eyes widened.
“Why do you want me to do that?” she snapped.
“Because, I‘m telling you to. If you don‘t, things can get much worse…even outside of the factory.” he grinned evilly as she grumbled under her breath.
“You’re a fucking bastard.” she growled as she took off again. Black went to try and catch her but Dr. Atmosphere held up a hoof, stopping him.
“She knows that she had better do as we say.” he said grinning.

“It’s strange.” stated Black with curiosity in his tone as he watched her fly through the exit.
“Hmm?” Atmosphere asked as he turned back into the factory with Black following.
“I’ve never seen her cry before, ever. She’s as hard as steel and yet…she was crying just now.”
“Oh? I didn’t notice. If she was in fact crying, I guess that just means her mental breakdown is nearly complete” he said with a satisfactory chuckle at the end.
“Her what?” Black stopped walking and stared at the scientist confused.
“I’ve been watching her mental state as of late, and it is nearly crumbled. There’s only one thing left supporting her mind…”
“Scootaloo?” Black was almost afraid to ask with Atmosphere’s expression of malefic glee written on his face.
“Yes, Scootaloo. If she passes that test tomorrow, I may not get what I want out of Rainbow Dash. However, were she to fail…”
“You wouldn’t set her up like that would you?”
“I always get my way, Black, and I‘ve waited ten years for tomorrow‘s test.” Black’s eyes widened in surprise.

“Y-you can’t do that! That’s murder!” Black was backing away in horror.
“Is it? Funny, I thought everything we have been doing for the past millennia was murder.” Dr. Atmosphere spun around on one hoof, flapping a wing to make him spin a little faster, and faced Black.
“You can’t do this Atmosphere!”
“What are you going to do, Black? Expose this whole operation to Celestia?”
“I-I might.” he went to turn, opening his wings to fly away when two guards pounced on him and pinned him to the floor.
“You may be the chancellor to Canterlot…” Atmosphere walked around the struggling stallion looking down at him with evil intent. “But that does not mean you are irreplaceable.” Black looked up at him with pure horror.
“No Atmosphere! Don’t please!” the guards started dragging the black pony towards the Pegasus Device with Atmosphere following closely.
“The machine doesn’t take particularly well to fully grown pegasi, but we’re running a bit low on Spectra and need a boost enough till tomorrow. That last class yesterday was much to small to really provide enough.” Atmosphere studied Black’s physical structure and was content with it. “You make up enough mass to produce the amount we need to last us just fine.”
“You can’t do this to me Atmosphere! WAAAAAIIIT!!!” the door that led into the machine’s room slammed shut, silencing any screams from the former Chancellor. As the echo quieted, Atmosphere turned around to see all the workers staring down the corridor at him.
“Do you want to join him?” Terror went across their faces and they darted back to their work causing him to smile with malice. “I thought so.” he then walked back to his personal laboratory humming, “In the Rainbow Factory, where fears and horrors come true. In the Rainbow Factory, where not a single soul gets through!” He laughed manically as his laboratory’s door slammed shut.