• Published 11th Sep 2012
  • 1,012 Views, 5 Comments

Re-earning Your Cutie Mark - Ractrin



Two ponies have lost their cutie marks and have to find a way to get them back. Thankfully Twilight Sparkle can help with a special spell.

  • ...
1
 5
 1,012

Prologue

The cutie mark is a prize for any pony and is a mark of individuality and pride. It is a showing to all others around you what you are the best at what you do and all ponies in Equestria show their marks with great honor. A cutie mark is probably the most important thing to a young foal. Many misunderstand how to obtain a cutie mark, such as the misadventures of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. However, should they finally and successfully find their cutie mark, they were the happiest foal in the world for those few moments. The cutie mark has known to become such an infatuation to some new bearers, that they were known to stand in front of a mirror and stare at their flank for hours on end. To the non-pony races, the cutie mark is not really worth the trouble of getting, but to be a pony without a cutie mark you may as well not even exist. Cutie marks are a sign of adult hood and maturity. If a pony were to go their whole life without obtaining a Cutie Mark, then they would be scorned. However, there is no record of anypony not having ever achieved a cutie mark.

As mentioned before, nopony in Equestria knew what would happen if one were to lose your Cutie Mark. Would your abilities drain away? Would you lose control of yourself? Many a scientist had speculated the matter, but Celestia herself had banned the experimentation. It was noted that most ponies subjugated to the loss of their Cutie Mark were usually involved in scrupulous activity of some kind and were generally the cutie mark was removed by their own lifestyle before any results could be recorded. Also, in the few murders that had been documented in Equestria since Celestia and Luna took the land from Discord, very few have had the removal of the Cutie Mark from both hips; and it has been verified that losing only one of the two Cutie Marks has no effect on the pony.

The ponies of Tesorias are at war, causing Celestia to ban any Equestrian pony from venturing there. They have unfortunately had many opportunities to know about the loss of their marks. Many of them wander the wretched wastes in hopes of ever regaining their cutie marks, just to finally perish without ever finishing their quest. However, even though the land is torn asunder by war, doesn’t mean that they know what happens either. After all, they’re to busy killing one another over petty matters. So what happens if an injury should remove your cutie mark? What would Equestrian society say to that? Two Ponies are soon to find out…