• Published 21st Sep 2021
  • 2,120 Views, 175 Comments

The Little Pony Legend: A New Generation - MaggiesHeartLove

  • ...
7
 175
 2,120

Feeling the love

The party in Maretime Bay was in full swing. An elf D.J. spun records in the street, while elves and ponies of mass varieties danced together underneath the shimmering lights. Hitch Trailblazer and Sunny Starscout incorporated their signature hoof-shake into their dance, every now and again sneaking kiss and soft glances. Sunny never imagined feeling this happy. Not only have her own wings and a horn, but now the lifelong dream she and her father, Argyle, had been realized… and now she could share this moment with the stallion she loved.

From afar, with a cup of punch in one hand, Keith Kogan looked on smiling over the sound of his little sister’s laughter. He knew Hitch would treat her right, just as he always had.

“They make a cute couple, don’t they?”

Taken by surprise, Keith turned around only to find Allura standing beside him. Keith noticed her hands were behind her back and a dash of pink around her cheeks (Which he recognized as blush). The sight of which made him ‘blush’ too.

“Yeah… about time,” Keith replied, making Allura giggle.

Together, the elf and the fairy stood side-by-side in awkward silence. Several seconds passed until Keith spoke up again.

“So, um… what are you guys going to do now? What with the whole ‘lying to your subjects’ deal?”

“Well, mother and Aunty Haven do have a lot to answer to,” Allura admitted. “But… I think by now the Skylings already understood ‘why’ they did it. I… might be gone for a while, just to help settle things down.”

“Oh…” Keith thought, his chest aching. “I see…”

“But…” Allura continued. “I spoke it over with them and they agreed that once that’s done me, Lance, and the twins can… stick around here.”

“Really?” Keith asked, his spirits lifted. “I mean that’s great, that is—Ahem! I mean… we Paladins need to stick together after all…”

The fact Keith actually ‘tried’ to sound more dignified, the manner of deepening his voice, made Allura laugh. Which only made Keith’s heart flutter.

“You are too funny,” Allura smiled.

“You’re definitely the first, and so far ‘only’, person who’s ever said that about me.”

“Well then, consider me honored.”

Allura stepped closer, biting her lower lip. Then, much to Keith’s surprise, she leaned in and planted a wet kiss upon his left cheek. Keith stood frozen in place, with his eyes wide open.

“Wow… didn’t see that coming,” Keith spoke, stunned. “N-Not that I didn’t like it, because I did… I mean… I loved it a lot.”

“Good…” Allura giggled bashfully. “Maybe you won’t mind if I asked you out on a date?”

“A date?!” Keith cleared his throat, realizing his outburst. “I mean, yeah, sure! A date! I’d love to.”

“Great!”

Allura flung her arms around his neck and hugged him close. Keith snuck a glance toward Sunny, who squealed rather excitedly. And Hitch himself sent Keith a congratulatory wink. To which Keith gave them both a thumbs up and proceeded to melt into Allura’s grip.

From the dance floor Lance looked on, spotting Zipp Storm dancing with her no-longer-secret-boyfriend, Soren. He soon noticed Katie Holt standing alone, while Izzy Moonbow danced with Pipp Petals, the latter of whom taught the unicorn some dance moves. Izzy stopped upon seeing Katie all by her lonesome and Pipp taking notice of Lance. The ponies turned toward each other, smiling sneakily.

“You thinking what I’m thinking?” Pipp asked.

“Time to get sneaky!” Izzy spoke dramatically.

Izzy rushed over toward Katie, dragging her along the dance floor with her newfound magic as a ‘friendly’ shove, much to Katie’s protest.

“Whoa! Izzy, what are you doing? You know I don’t like group dancing!”

“You danced during the song at our cottage!”

“That was different!”

At the same time, Pipp bumped her flank against Lance’s wait and pushed him toward Katie’s direction.

“Pipp, what’s the big idea?”

Soon Lance and Katie collided, their eyes locked together. Their respected ponies gave a high-hoof in victory before sneaking off (Izzy practically hopping away).

“Uh… hey!” Lance greeted.

Seeing Katie up close reminded him how cute she was. With her big brown eyes, that honey-brown ember hair cut so unevenly, the latter of which actually enhanced her cuteness.

“Hey,” Katie responded.

“You… wanna dance?”

“I’m… not much of a dancer.”

“That’s okay. I can teach you if you don’t mind.”

In truth, Katie actually didn’t mind. Seeing the way Lance swooped into action to save the helpless made Katie realize how heroic and selfless he truly was beneath the superstar persona. Plus, how many people gushed over her organize technological inventions the way he did? He was one of the few people who didn’t make fun of her for being a geek.

“That… actually sounds nice,” Katie smiled. “But just so you know: I don’t do slow dancing, or any of that classical ballroom stuff!”

“Thank goodness!” Lance sighed with relief. “I hate ballroom dancing! BORING!!!”

That actually earned a chuckle from Katie, as if to suggest this match could work out. The two held hands and Lance showed her how to ‘get down’ on that dance floor.

Pipp and Izzy squealed, until a couple of handsome stallions trotted along and silently invited them for a dance. A unicorn toward Pipp and a Pegasus to Izzy. The girls squealed again before accepting their respected suitor’s requests.

Seeing all these couples gave Hunk Garrett an idea. He approached the D.J. and whispered something in his ear. With a nod, the D.J. handed his headphones to Hunk who took over the stage.

“Alright party people!” Hunk called out. “Next song goes to all the new friendships out there!”

One push on the MP3 player and an upbeat pop tune played.

(Feeling the love, from Disney’s Descendants)

Keith:

You don’t know you’ve been looking until you find it

Don't know what you've been missing until it's there

Sunny:

It's stronger than a spell

It's magic in itself

It's an ever after like you've never felt

Keith and Sunny:

It's the sum of the times of your life

It's the person you're standing beside

And it's the joy that you're feeling inside

For where you are

We’ve come so far

I'm feeling the la-la-love

La-la-love

You make me feel alive

True love you can't deny

Allura and Hitch:

I'm feeling that dream come true

Here with you

And love is around us too

Ooh, and I feel the love

Everyone:

(I'm feeling the)

(Ooh, make you feel alive)

Lance and Hunk:

The journey might not always be that easy

Twist and turns can take you anywhere

Allura, Pipp and Zipp:

Together or apart

Just open up your heart 'cause

The power of true love will get you there

Everyone:

Yeah, it's the sum of the times of your life

(Your life)

And it's the person you're standing beside

(Oh)

Yeah, it's the joy that you're feeling inside

(Yeah)

Sunny:

From where you are

And it's just the start

Everybody:

I'm feeling the la-la-love

La-la-love

Lance and Pipp:

You make me feel alive

True love you can't deny

Katie and Izzy:

I'm feeling that dream come true

Here with you

And love is around us too

Ooh, and I feel the love

Everybody:

(I'm feeling the)

(Ooh, make you feel alive)

Hitch and Sunny:

For good and for better

We’re best friends forever

Lance and Katie:

I can't wait to know where our story goes

Allura and Keith:

This moment, this feeling is one you can't measure

Allura:

I'm feelin' it

Keith:

I'm feelin' it

Everybody:

Are you feeling it

I'm feeling the la-la-love

La-la-love

You make me feel alive

True love you can't deny

I'm feeling that dream come true

Here with you

And love is around us too

Ooh, and I feel the love

I'm feeling the la-la-love

La-la-love

You make me feel alive

True love you can't deny

I'm feeling that dream come true

Here with you

And love is around us too

Ooh, and I feel the love

Sunny:

I'm feeling the la-la-love

La-la-love

I'm feeling the la-la-love

As the song played off into the night, the Paladins gathered together for a group photo. Hitch pulled Sprout into the picture, while Sunny invited Phyllis and Iverson as well. James, sitting around mopping, looked up toward Keith… who offered him a hand in friendship, his face seeming to say, ‘I forgive you’. Something in his heart told him it was the right thing to do. From the corner of his eye, he saw Korra’s smiling face somewhere in the faded distance.

She was right…” James thought. “The Maiden and the Mares really are watching...

Still slightly stunned, James accepted Keith’s offer and took his place in the photo. Zipp and Pipp hugged Allura and Lance respectively, Izzy jumped on Katie’s back (Piggy-back style with her hooves in the air), and Hunk gave Hitch a noogie. Last, but certainly not least, Keith held Sunny close, along with the three crystals, representing each of the tribes…

United once again…