• Published 21st Sep 2021
  • 2,120 Views, 175 Comments

The Little Pony Legend: A New Generation - MaggiesHeartLove

  • ...
7
 175
 2,120

Chapter 9–Princess Rescue

Keith Kogan wished he had something to cover his ears. Right above their cell window was a jumbo screen which repeated the same commercials on a loop. One of a perfume endorsed by Pipp Petals, another about a pair of sneakers endorsed by Lance. Then a cereal brand (Also endorsed by the two royals), a shampoo ad, a vacation spot, pajamas… each and every one endorsed by Lance and Pipp. Keith was certain he’d explode if he heard the guy’s aggravating voice one more time.

Sunny was doing a much better job focusing on the issue at hand… or in this case, hoof.

“Something’s not right,” She said.

Least with Sunny talking, Keith had a moment’s peace from hearing the constant ads.

“Tell me about it,” Keith replied. “I didn’t think they believed in co-ed jail cells.”

“No, not that! It’s like you said, Keith. We haven’t seen a single pony or fairy flying… except the royal family.”

“Yeah… why is that?” Keith asked.

He recalled the moment they first saw the fairy Princess and her Pegasus friend. He remembered the way they moved, leaping rock to rock…

“Now that you mention it…”

Before Keith could proceed with his theory, Izzy hummed at the vibrating chair. The pony lounged along a chair that pushed back. She sported some cucumbers over her eyes while sipping on a fruity drink in a coconut.

“This isn’t dungeon-y at all.”

And she was right. This so-called ‘dungeon’ looked more like a luxurious suite than a prison. Complete with a relaxing fountain in the center, a soft bed, and a table with bowls of delicious fruit and candies. There was even a room with a bathroom in the corner.

“Izzy, are you even listening?” Keith asked. “Katie, what do you—oh, you’ve got to be kidding me!”

Even Katie took advantage of the luxuries, sipping her fruity drink while soaking her feet in a golden bowl filled with sparkly water and rose petals. She too wore cucumbers over her eyes, her glasses set aside.

“Hey man, if this is torture, chain me to the wall!”

Keith hung his head. Clearly these two were going to be much help.

“Hey!”

Everyone, including Katie and Izzy, were on high alert when they heard someone on the other side of the bars. It was none other than the fairy Princess and her Pegasus friend from before.

“Sorry you guys got thrown in here,” The Pegasus said.

“I hope you don’t mind,” The fairy princess spoke up. “But we’d like to ask you a few questions.”

“I have ‘one’ question, if you don’t mind,” Keith spoke up. “You were princesses the whole time?”

“Oh, would you look at that,” The fairy princess teased. “The officer just became a detective.”

“What?”

“Your badge. Hard to miss. I’m surprise anyone else did.”

Keith had completely forgotten about his badge. It was still pinned to his red-and-white jacket.

“Oh yeah… that makes sense.”

“Your Majestic-nesses! Y-Your Graceful Highnesses!” Izzy stuttered.

She couldn’t believe she was in the presence of royalty.

“Oh please, no need for that. I’m Allura, and this is Zipp Storm.”

“Zipp. Just… call me Zipp.”

“And I don’t believe I caught your name,” The Princess Allura eyed Keith.

“Uh… Keith. My name’s Keith.”

“A pleasure to meet you, Keith.”

“Pleasure’s… all mine…”

Keith tried to sound less nervous than he actually was. He didn’t know what it was. But the princess’s sly grin and her sparkly eyes made it difficult for him to focus. Fortunately for him, Izzy jumped right in (Literally) to take away the awkwardness.

“Hi! My name’s Izzy. Izzy Moonbow, and that’s Katie, and Sunny, and of course you know Keith. Well, you do now.”

“Nice to meet you guys,” Zipp said.

“You said you wanted to ask us something?” Sunny spoke.

Allura and Zipp exchanged knowing looks, then gave a silent nod. They leaned closer, Allura gripping along the bars.

“Yes… about magic,” They whispered in unison.

“That’s why we’re here,” Sunny said. “Maybe you can tell us how yours works? Izzy and Katie have no idea how the Jewel-Horns lost theirs, so we thought maybe—”

“Wait, wait, wait!” Allura interrupted, stunned. “Lost… theirs? There’s no magic anywhere?”

“Well… that changes things,” Zipp nodded. “Listen, we might have some that could help. But first, you need to tell us about ‘this’.”

Zipp nodded toward Allura, who pulled out Sunny’s journal, the very one her mother confiscated.

“My journal!” Sunny cried.

The Earth pony could burst into tears now, so happy to be reunited with her beloved book again. It wasn’t just a book full of questions for other ponies and elves, but because it was given to her by Argyle himself. It meant more to her than words could express.

“Thank you. I-I never thought I’d see it again.”

“Yeah, Lu and I can be pretty sneaky when we want to be,” Zipp replied.

“Nice! I’m-I’m only medium sneaky,” Izzy spoke.

“Where did it come from?” Allura asked.

Sunny and Keith both stared at the journal longingly.

“It was our father’s,” Keith answered.

“Your father?” Zipp asked. “As in… ‘both’ of yours?”

Allura gave her friend a slight kick along the flank.

“Zipp! Don’t be rude!”

“Right, sorry.”

“Why are you so interested in the journal?” Keith asked.

“It’s not about the journal…”

Allura tapped on the leather cover, right above the six pointed star engraved on the edge.

“That star…”

Everyone turned their heads at the sound of trumpets playing. In reality, the trumpets were the sound of an app from two mobile phones held by one fairy and one Pegasus guard. Once they tucked their phones away, they proceeded to roll down a long red carpet. At the end of it stood Lance and Pipp, snapping pictures of themselves before strutting down the carpet like models. Pipp’s mane bounced, while Lance scrolled through his social media account.

“Alright, alright, alright! Let’s see how bad these outsiders really are up close. Hopefully not too much, hate to scar the kids for life.”

Lance took one glance toward Keith and screamed, nearly dropping his phone as he jumped away from the cell-bars.

“Aye chihuahua! It’s worse than I thought! A mullet?! What’re you supposed to be, a trucker? All that’s missing is a hat.”

Keith growled, narrowing his eyes and baring his teeth. As if hearing a recording of Lance’s voice wasn’t bad enough, now he had to deal with him up close… and in person.

“Yeah, sorry pal. I don’t speak ‘beast’. Hold on, let me try something.”

Pipp, however, took a cautious step away from the cell. “Careful, Lance! He looks a little bitter…”

Please…” Lance smirked arrogantly. “I’m not scared of anything.” Lance straightened his collar a bit before taking a deep breath. “Helloooooooo…” Lance spoke slowly. “Me… Lance. You… EarthElf. Do… you… speak… elvi—AHH!!!”

Lance screamed the moment Keith grabbed him by the collar of his throat, pulling him towards the bars.

“How’s about I take that phone of yours and shove it up your—”

“Keith, stop!”

Sunny quickly shifted into her riding form and pushed Keith away, releasing the fairy prince.

“Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! It touched me!” Lance screamed, like a little girl. “Gross! Earth Elf germs! I need some water… disinfectant… iodine… ooh, this’ll have to do… EW!!!”

Lance frantically reached into his suit and pulled out some hand sanitizer. He splashed the alcohol around his neck, rubbing as rapidly and hard as possible without physically hurting himself.

“Wow… he’s a charmer,” Katie replied, unamused.

“Lance, what are you and Pipp doing down here?” Allura asked.

“We should be asking you that,” Pipp said. “Mom and Aunty Rosalyn told us to stay away from them.”

“Right,” Zipp rolled her eyes. “Then why are you here?”

“For the content,” Pipp scoffed.

Lance kneeled toward Pipp’s level and the two quickly posed, giving duck lips as they snapped a selfie with Izzy and Sunny right behind them. Izzy pulled Sunny into a hug and smiled when the camera flashed. Sunny forced an evidently uncomfortable smile.

“Excuse me, Princess,” Sunny spoke. “Why isn’t anyone in your kingdom flying?”

From their phone’s selfie mode, they noticed the way Lance and Pipp tensed up. As if they had been exposed of something these visitors weren’t supposed to know about. Pipp was the first to compose herself, while Lance stood up and dusted off his pants.

“Everybody knows only royals can fly, of course,” Pipp replied.

“What?!”

Sunny, Izzy, Katie, and especially Keith were surprised to hear this.

“Are you serious?” Keith asked. “If you’re telling us you’re the only ones with magic, how are you even able to maintain it?”

Keith hoped whatever secrets they have could be useful in aiding the unicorns and mages, but he dared not bring that up. Lance, on the other hand, merely brushed it off with a ‘harumph’.

“Yeah, I’m afraid that information’s ‘classified’ Mullet-head,” Lance replied, feigning sadness (Yet clearly nonchalant). “It’s totally unfair, I know. But that’s just the way it is. If there was any way we could teach the citizens to fly, especially the bodacious babes, we’d totally do it in a wing beat. Right, Pipps?”

“Of course we would,” Pipp said.

The display of their attitude made Keith and Katie frown, especially the way Pipp batted her eyelashes so ‘innocently’, the way she flapped her puffy white-and-pink wings while prancing… it was more than they could bear.

“Right, Zipp?” Pipp asked.

Zipp narrowed her eyes in a way that indicated she was somehow either bored of something… or loathed it altogether.

“Yeah. In a wing beat.”

Allura only groaned while shaking her head. Sunny and Keith exchanged confused looks, as did Izzy and Katie. Keith had a sinking suspicion these pop-star royals were hiding something. Or they weren’t telling them the whole story.

“Right,” Keith said, “I’m sure it’s got nothing to do with you just hogging the magic all to yourselves.”

“Yeah, not cool, dude!” Katie said. “

“I’d watch yourself before you wreck yourself, sweetheart,” Lance remarked cockily. “All we’d have to do is snap my fingers, and we can extend your stay in this luxury suite. So you better play nice.”

Before Lance could continue, Pipp’s phone vibrated (Shaking her whole body in the process).

“Oh! Lance honey, dress rehearsal time.”

“Right… I’m a need-me a soy latte to relieve me of this stress,” Lance sighed. “Well people, we’d love to stay and chat—not really—but we gotta make like springs and bounce!”

He then leaned closely toward his sister.

“And so should you!” He spoke, through his teeth. “And don’t even think about breaking him out so you can live out your ridiculous ‘bad-boy’ fantasies again. Remember what happened with Lotor?”

“We broke up mutually because he still had feelings for his ex-girlfriend, Axca,” Allura stated.

Lance ignored her completely, scrolling across his phone for like the tenth time and gave her a mocking pat on the head.

“Keep telling yourself that, Big Sis. Later, haters!”

He and Pipp walked off in a huff. Lance snapped his fingers, and the two guards rolled the carpet behind them on command. All the while Pipp warmed up her vocals.

Me-me-meeee! Red feather, yellow feather, red feather, yellow feather.”

Allura and Zipp waited till their siblings were out of sight. Finally, the fairy Princess pressed her hand over the digital scanner, which automatically lifted the bars, freeing the four friends.

“What are you—” Keith began.

“Shush!” Allura cut him off. “Come with us. We have something to show you.”

Just before they all left, Izzy switched the tennis ball on her horn with an orange from one of the fruit bowls.