• Published 21st Sep 2021
  • 7,676 Views, 65 Comments

Twilight Challenges the Lord of Chaos - iAmSiNnEr



Discord finally escapes his stony prison, but he's got a proposition for Twilight. One that will either see him reformed, or as the ruler of Equestria.

  • ...
17
 65
 7,676

A Very Chaotic Challenge

Author's Note:

Hey everyone, it's iAmSiNnEr here!

The reason why this is out so fast is because I got peer pressured -_-

im giving up ten bucks just because I want you to write - Meowofy

Do it lad
Make us proud

- Dewdrops

oh my god yes
beautiful

- Petrichord

So you can thank these individuals for me writing this at mach speed.

I regret nothing writing this, though, this series has legitimately been fun to write.

unfortunately, I've been burnt out by this one, so the next one will most likely be in a while

sorry!

But anyways, I hope you enjoy!

Twilight Challenges the Lord of Chaos

By iAmSiNnEr


Princess Celestia cleared her throat. “I've called you here for a matter of great importance. It seems an old foe of mine, someone I thought I had defeated long ago, has returned, though a year later than I thought he would have. His name... is Discord.”


“Discord is the mischievous spirit of disharmony,” Princess Celestia continued. “Before my sister and I stood up to him, he ruled Equestria in an eternal state of unrest and unhappiness. Luna and I saw how miserable life was for Earth ponies, Pegasi, and unicorns alike, so after discovering the Elements of Harmony, we combined our powers and rose up against him, turning him to stone.”

“Alright, Princess!” Rainbow Dash nodded.

“I thought the spell we cast would keep him contained forever, but since Luna and I are no longer connected to the Elements, the spell has been broken,” Celestia sighed. “Alas, nothing can last forever.”

“No longer connected?” Twilight queried.

“This is Canterlot Tower, where the Elements are kept inside since all of you recovered them. I need you to wield the Elements of Harmony once again and stop Discord before he thrusts all of Equestria into eternal chaos,” Celestia replied.

“But why us? Why don't you–” Twilight began, but Celestia interrupted her.

“You six showed the full potential of the Elements by harnessing the magic of your friendship to beat a mighty foe. Although Luna and I once wielded the Elements, it is you who now control their power, and it is you who must defeat Discord!” Celestia exclaimed as they trotted towards the room which she kept the Elements in-

An evil laugh filled the chamber, echoing throughout. “Tia, Tia, Tia,” a sinister voice spread through the room. “It’s rude talking about someone without them there. Don’t you have any manners?” A draconequus popped into existence in front of them, guzzling a cup of chocolate milk.

“Wait,” Twilight blinked. “Is he drinking...the glass?!”

“Indeed I am, my dear Twilight,” Discord threw the chocolate milk aside, the glass gone. It splattered on the ground and exploded, throwing small pieces of debris everywhere. Celestia conjured a shield to protect them, glaring at Discord all the while.

“Anyways,” Discord grinned. “I have good news for you, Tia. I won’t be causing chaos, on one condition.”

“You’re lying,” Celestia narrowed her eyes. “You always do.”

“Naw,” Discord smirked. “When have I ever lied to you?”

“How about a thousand years ago, when you tricked me and Luna to fall into a pit full of explosives?” Celestia snapped. “How about the time when you dropped us into the ocean?”

“Details, details, details,” Discord shrugged. “Doesn’t matter. Anyways,” he turned to Twilight. "I...have a little proposition for you," Discord's eyes literally glimmered as he said that. "You see, the reason why I waited a year before escaping is that I wanted to observe you. Yes, you, Twilight Sparkle." Six hands pointed at her.

"Get on with it," Twilight snapped. "What proposition?"

"You see," Discord explained. "My reputation as the creator of the greatest explosion ever is at stake. If you create the most impressive explosion ever, I will concede to you and reform myself, yadda yadda. But if you don’t, I win, and I get to smother Equestria in chaos. Do we have a deal?"

“Twilight, don’t do it-” Celestia began, but Discord made a zipping motion with his hands, causing a zip to appear on Celestia’s mouth and not allowing her to speak.

“Shh,” Discord shushed her. “Let your student do the talking. She’s much more...chaotic and fun to talk to.” A corona of magic built on Celestia’s horn, but Discord just rolled his eyes and snapped his fingers, causing Celestia’s wings and horn to disappear. Her eyes widened in surprise, and she backed up a little.

“So,” Discord turned to Twilight. “Do we have a deal?”

“We do,” Twilight nodded after considering for a moment. “How do we do this?”

“I’ll give you a day to prepare,” Discord grinned. “We’ll meet in Ponyville exactly twenty-four hours from now. If you aren’t there by then, I’ll teleport you, no biggie.” With that, he disappeared, leaving a life-size cotton candy replica of him.

The zip on Celestia’s mouth disappeared, and her horn and wings returned. “Quick, we need the Elements-”

“I’ve already hidden them, Tia,” Discord’s voice came from all around them. “There’s no use trying. Did you really think I’d be stupid enough to get blasted by them twice?”

“Damn it. It was worth a try.” Celestia groaned.

“No, it really wasn’t.” Discord’s voice replied back. “And no, Twilight, you cannot blow me up. I am the lord of chaos.”

“Damn it.” Twilight sighed.


Twilight stood beside Discord, the two of them looking out over an artificial forest created by Discord near Ponyville. Discord rubbed his hands in glee. “Shall we begin?” he asked.

Twilight nodded resolutely. “You can go first, Discord.”

“Very well,” he smirked. “Be prepared to lose, Sparkle. My explosions are the best.” He snapped his fingers, and thousands of fireworks with pieces of dynamite tied to them appeared in front of them. With another snap, all of them launched at the same time, shortly before exploding in mid-air.

The result? A blast of fire and color in the sky as everything exploded at once, showering the world with flames and hundreds of explosions happening at once. It was rather magnificent and beautiful, Twilight had to admit. Deep down, she knew she couldn’t beat that.

“Well?” Discord smirked, gloating at her expression. “Want to admit defeat?”

“No,” Twilight smirked at his surprised expression. “In fact, I have already won.”

“What?” Discord demanded. “What do you mean?”

Twilight’s grin grew wider as she brought out a book, giant words emblazoned across the title along with her name at the bottom of the cover, naming her as the author. Discord blinked and put on glasses, reading the title out loud.

“The Most Impressive Explosion Ever,” he read out. “By Twilight Sparkle- wait a second.”

“Phrasing, Discord, phrasing,” Twilight’s smile reached her eyes. “I win.”

“Oh, cmon,” Discord complained. “That’s not fair at all to me!”

“You told me to create “the most impressive explosion ever”,” Twilight pointed out. “And so I did. Time to hold up your side of the bargain.”

Discord slumped in defeat. “Fine,” he sighed. “I admit defeat. I’ll reform myself.”

“Don’t look so crestfallen, Discord, you tried your best” Fluttershy told him as she trotted up with a cup of tea. “Tea?”

“Yeah, sure, why not?” He threw the cup into his mouth, and his eyes widened as the flavor hit his tongue. “That...is good tea. What type of tea is this?”

“Chamomile,” was the answer. “If you want more, you can join me every Tuesday for tea and sandwiches,” Fluttershy beamed at him. “If you promise to be nice, I’ll make as much tea for you as you want.”

“You know,” Discord stared at Fluttershy, then to the rest of Twilight’s friends. “Being reformed doesn’t seem so bad, after all.”

"Now that you're reformed," Twilight grinned. "I'd like to try something."

"What?" Discord asked curiously, before looking down. "Oh, you sly piece of-"


"Ah," Celestia beamed from her viewpoint on the balcony of the castle. "Finally, she doesn't blow anyone up! Twilight has finally saved Equestria the right way!”

“Wait for it…” Luna muttered.

“Luna, my faith paid off!” Celestia sang out in joy.

She looked out over the small group. "What a wonderful day-" As she said that, Discord blew up, bananas flying everywhere.

"WHY TWILIGHT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY-"

Comments ( 65 )

Oh, good ol' Sinner, ya did it again. You managed to make me crack a huge smile and beat me in the "Try Not To Laugh" Challenge.

Good work, Sin, and I'll eagerly await your next installation of the series.

Okay, that was hilarious! Well done!

This. Was. BRILLIANT! :rainbowlaugh::pinkiehappy::twilightsmile::yay::ajsmug::raritystarry:

Hahaha hehehhe twilight needs the book

Are you trying to speed run to get every story on the featured list?

OK yeah, I get why you waited for this to be posted after Sombra, but damn, now I want a sequel where Chrisalis join forces with Tia, cadence, shining and the rest of the mane 6 against Twilight, Discord and Luna wanting to blow up Tirek

I'm interested in reforming Starlight by blowing her up.

well that went bananas:pinkiecrazy:

I can already imagine a future story called "Twilight Burns Down the Everfree Forest" where Fluttershy will have to build her animal sanctuary much earlier and on a much larger scale...if any of the creatures of the forest survive. :pinkiecrazy:

It was hilarious watching Twilight beating Discord with his own words. That explosive ending was just insult to injury to the poor draconequus's bruised pride.

I got a title for you. Twilight atomizes Tyreek

I'm loving these stories!

CONTINUE CONTINUE CONTINUE!!!

Oh man that was wonderful :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh: now we wait for the next story which I don't mind.

The answer is always either explosions or books. There are no other alternatives.

…told you you’d have another one out by today!

And it wasn’t pressuring, it was…friendly nudging!

"WHY TWILIGHT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY-"

Because Tia it's Twilights way of doing things and freaking hilarious. MOREMOREMORE!!!!!

You know, this is gonna take a turn when she needs to blow up Cozy Glow.

Can't wait to see her blow up Starlight, though!

Well played, Purple Smart. Very well played.

Her ascension is going to be 'Twilight explodes : Princess of explosions'

“You six showed the full potential of the Elements by harnessing the magic of your friendship to beat a mighty foe.

...
Who did they use the elements on? Twilight has blown up everyone she's faced.

10985529
You see, plot holes are meant to be there(totally) as a joke

I, MISTER TORGUE, APPROVE THIS TOTALLY [bleep]IN' BADASS SERIES OF STORIES!!

I'm sure he's fine. Probably.

10985225
I want to make people laugh after long days, so I decided to try and send out as much as I can so that people could enjoy the stories - Likes are optional, I just want people to be able to rewind after a long day.

Ah yes, the Elements of Harmony, Loyalty, Honesty, Generosity, Kindness, Laughter and EXPLOSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

“No, it really wasn’t.” Discord’s voice replied back. “And no, Twilight, you cannot blow me up. I am the lord of chaos.”

“Damn it.” Twilight sighed.

Apparently "damn it," is Twilight for "Challenge Accepted!"

Seriously, the only pony that's not against this is Luna. Which is great!

10985529
She will explode... twice!

True art really is an explosion. :twilightsmile:

At this point, Twilight’s just committed assault.
Discord should press charges.

Holy heck, these three latest stories to your Explosive Twilight series are all Featured at the same time right now! Congrats dude!! :pinkiegasp:

10985437
Have you considered explosive books?

"Celestia beamed from her viewpoint on the balcony of the castle. "Finally, she doesn't blow anyone up! Twilight has finally saved Equestria the right way!”

Oh Celly. You don't know your student very well do you?:rainbowlaugh: Maybe she's finally learn before Twilight finally blows up every villain.

Using exact words against Discord. Clever girl! And she still got to blow him up good! But knowing Discord, he probably enjoyed it.

Though now I kinda want this version of Twilight to cross paths with Adam Savage and/or Jamie Hyneman. Twilight make big boom, Adam and Jamie love big boom.

Twilight keeps using Megaburando instead of Duragonsulave.

One day... One day someone will destroy her precious books, then they'll see.

Penguin says kaboom

Explosive!Twilight is truly the most OP Twilight of all. She's In the feature box twice at the same time!

Edit: Make that thrice at the same time.

That might be a record. Can anyone tell me if there has ever been an author that had three stories in the feature box at one time before?

Olay, Okay;
but, where is the next instalment, in this series?

I’m honestly surprised the text wasn’t “I prepared explosive runes this morning.”

I would really love to see how she'd react to Tirek destroying Golden Oaks. Maybe rip open a hole to another dimension due to all of the power she has at the time? Bring her into the EQG side of things to blow up Sunset?

I have never seen an author have three stories in the featured list at once.

Discord: Celestia, do you like MMMBANAnAS?

*explodes*

He did not specify how long was he going to be reformed, also, there are many ways to interpret 'reform'

That reversal at the end. A surprise to be sure. But a welcome one !

10986112
I think Skirts pulled it off a year or so ago.

You fool! You forgot the OTHER only thing Twilight is good at... BOOKS!!! Specifically writing them, in this case.

10985529
10985538

I choose to believe Celestia was so desperate to get them to use the elements just once, she had them used for a relatively trivial threat.

So they used them on the dragon from Dragonshy. Funnily enough though, they still just caused to explode.

"WHY TWILIGHT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY-"

https://m.

10987847
Sounds like the plot hole has been fixed? GG no re

This is a great story you are an amazing writer good luck on the comp by the way

Login or register to comment