• Published 16th Sep 2021
  • 667 Views, 13 Comments

Shine Boy's Birthday - WarriorofFaith18

  • ...
4
 13
 667

BONUS CHAPTER Two Days Before

One morning, Shine Boy was trekking along the school grounds of Canterlot High. He was asked by the Turtles and Rainbooms to come by for a little surprise by their young friends, The Rock n’Beats. In really, the kids wanted to give Shine Boy a little surprise party for Shine Boy since his birthday was coming up. The Turtles and Rainbooms were planning an even bigger party, but the Rock n’Beats had a gig on that same day, so Pinkie convinced Shine Boy to meet with them a couple days before.

“They told me to meet them in the music room when they were finished with something. Well, it’ll probably take me that long to find the music room.” He said to himself before looking at his Shine Tracker. “Good thing nothing bad is happening here or in Columbus.”

Just then, Ace sped past the hero. He looked like he was carrying some kind of package.

“Excuse me! I’m running late to setup your surprise party!” the boy called, unaware of what he blurted out.

Smiling, Shine Boy decided to play along. “Okay! I’ll make sure I’m surprised!” he called back before he entered the school’s hallway.

-------

Ace made it to the music room and made the secret knock on the door. Opening the door was Logan.

“There you are, Ace! Come on in!” he greeted.

As Ace entered, he saw The Ninjas and Rainbooms along with Gamer helping the Rock n’Beats and CMCs setting up decorations in the room. Melody Note walked up to Ace.

Ace quickly explained himself. “I’m sorry I’m late. My alarm never went off.”

“You’re here. That’s all that matters.” Melody stated. “You didn’t see Shine Boy, did you?”

“I did, but he doesn’t suspect a thing.”

“Well, it is his first time at Canterlot High. He’s probably keeping himself busy looking around.” Twilight guessed.

“Bro always knows how to keep himself busy.” Gamer added.

“Wait till he sees his bigger party!” Pinkie grinned.

“Well, thanks for helping us do this for him.” Lancer thanked the teens.

“Of course. It was also nice of Principal Celestia to let us have the party in the music room.” Leo reminded.

“Let’s finish up so we don’t keep Shine Boy waiting.” April pointed out.

“We’re just about finished.” Donnie checked as Ace put his present on a table with the other presents.

“Rarity and Sweetie Belle should here soon with the cake.” Applejack added.

“This is gonna be EPIC!” Mikey cheered.

--------

“Thanks for the coffee, Celestia!” Shine Boy thanked as he left the principal’s office. As he drank from a Styrofoam cup, he continued to trek the halls.

“What should I do next?” he thought out loud, unaware Rarity and Sweetie Belle saw him and quickly went another way while his back was turned. He then heard a door open and close and walked over to see Sweetheart carrying a gift bag.

“Whew! It was hard work, but I think Shine Boy is really gonna love this.” She said to herself as she dusted off her dress.

“Oh hi, Sweetheart.”

Sweetheart yelped hearing Shine Boy and quickly hid her bag behind her back.

“Shine Boy! Hi! Can I help you?” she nervously grinned.

“Oh, I was just looking around CHS. Working on some extra credit?”

“Yes! Yes I was. It’s for my art class.” Sweetheart covered up.

“Good for you! That’ll look good on your report card.” Shine Boy smiled. “Well, I’m gonna finish my coffee and maybe shoot some hoops. Which way to your school’s gym?”

“Down that hall, second door to your right.”

“Thanks.” As Shine Boy walked down the hall, Sweetheart crept the other way to hurry to the music room.

--------

Back at the music room, Rarity and Sweetie made it to the music room without Shine Boy noticing and set the cake on the table.

“Looks like your training has paid off, Sweetie. You’re more elegant than before.” Rarity commended.

“I’m just glad I didn’t drop the cake, let alone get caught.” Sweetie breathed.

“You’re fine.” April coaxed.

“So we ready, Y’all?” Casey looked around.

“I don’t know. Something’s seems to be missing.” Lancer pondered before Half Note gasped.

“Wait! Where’s Sweetheart?”

“She was finishing up something in the art room.” Fluttershy answered.

“I’ll go get her.” Melody volunteered before she bumped into Sweetheart. “Oh hey, sis!”

“Sorry I’m late. I had shake off Shine Boy.”

“You’re fine. We were just about ready.” Applejack nodded. “Gamer went to get his brother not too long ago.”

Sweetheart then saw all the presents. “Wow! That’s a lot of presents.”

“Yep. We all saved up our allowances to buy something nice for Shine Boy.” Lancer explained.

Sweetheart’s eyes widened when she heard the word ‘buy’. “Y-You bought..”

“While the rest of us are waiting for his actual birthday for our presents.” Mikey added.

“Oh.”

“What did you get, Sweetheart?” Applebloom asked.

“W-well…. I …really didn’t…” Sweetheart tried to explain, which Fluttershy noticed. But before she could finish, Ace looked out from the door.

“Gamer’s coming with Shine Boy!”

Everyone got in position just as Gamer opened the door.

“Sorry you didn’t have much time to shoot some hoops, Bro.” Gamer told his brother.

“It’s cool, Games. I was more checking out Canterlot…. Whoa!” Shine Boy jumped when he saw the music room.

“SURPRISE!” Everyone cried.

“Happy two days early before your birthday, Shine Boy!” Pinkie cheered.

“That’s a mouthful of a surprise.” Shine Boy smiled.

“Happy early birthday, Shine Boy.” Sweetheart greeted the hero with a hug.

“Aw! Thanks, Sweetheart!” Shine Boy hugged back.

“So what you wanna start with first?” Keno asked.

“How about presents?” Half Note suggested.

“Sounds good to me.” Shine Boy nodded as he walked up to the table.

“Start with this one. It’s from the CMCs.” Rainbow handed him a gift.

Shine Boy accepted the gift and opened it, revealing it to be a DVD and read the title.

“The Crown of Smaug. This is a classic in my family! How’d you three find a DVD copy?”

“We saw it a couple days ago.” Applebloom explained.

“Rarity told me you like that one and we agreed to get it.” Sweetie Belle added.

“So we combined our allowances, with a little extra from my aunts, and gift wrapped it for you.” Scootaloo finished.

“I see why you three are the Canterlot Movie Club. Thank you three so much.” Shine Boy gathered the three into a group hug.

Maybe I should’ve bought something with my sisters, thought Sweetheart.

After they broke the hug, Ace walked up with his gift. “Open mine next.”

“Thank you, Ace.” Shine Boy accepted the gift and began to open it.

“Ten to one, it’s probably a self-portrait of Ace.” Melody Note whispered to Half Note, who chuckled softly.

But to their surprise, Shine Boy opened the box to pull out a travel mug decked out with stars. “Wow! Nice mug. I can use this on my patrols.” He opened it up to see hard candy in it. “And it’s full of hard candy. Thanks, Ace!”

“My pleasure.” Ace grinned as he half hugged Shine Boy.

Seeing this made Sweetheart hurt even more. Even Ace did right with his gift, she thought. While no one was looking, she grabbed her gift bag, dropped it in the trash, and snuck away.

“Which one should I open next?” Shine Boy pondered.

“How about Sweetheart’s?” Lancer suggested.

“How about it, Sweetheart?” Shine Boy asked. “Sweetheart?”

“Maybe she went to the bathroom?” Pinkie guessed.

As he looked around, Shine Boy spotted Sweetheart’s gift bag in the trash and the door slightly opened. “Maybe I should do someone else’s.” he looked back in concern.

-----------

Sweetheart ran out of the school up to the school statue, where she stopped to cry.

“Why did I have to make something? I can’t give Shine Boy such a horrible gift!” she sobbed then sang.

At times, I feel like I just don't belong

And I never get anything right.

Doing my best doesn't seem good enough,

No matter how hard that I try.

Will I ever be brave and reach for the sky?

Will I always be scared for the rest of my life?

I see other kids and they get it all right.

So, why can't I?

What if I don't know an answer?

What if I don't know the way?

Will someone laugh, or make fun of me?

What will the other kids say?

Will I ever be brave and reach for the sky?

Will I always be scared for the rest of my life?

I see other kids and they get it all right.

So, why can't I?

So, why can't I?

She continued to sob until she felt a warm hand touch her shoulder. She looked up to see Shine Boy and Fluttershy with friendly, but concern smiles on their faces.

“Sweetheart?” Fluttershy spoke.

“Fluttershy? Shine Boy? What’re you two doing here?” Sweetheart asked through tears.

“Well, we were at the party, and you weren’t there.” Shine Boy smiled.

“Sorry. I just couldn’t be there because…. Because…”

“You still had extra credit to work on?” guessed Shine Boy.

“No. it’s just- I had nothing to give you! Everyone bought you great things, but I- I had nothing!” Sweetheart cried some more before Fluttershy pulled her into a hug.

“There. There.” She calmly coaxed.

“We were getting ready to have cake. Would you like to join us?” Shine Boy offered.

“I-I don’t think so.” Sweetheart sniffled.

Shine Boy knelt down and placed his hands on her shoulders. “I’d really like it if you would come and join us.”

Sweetheart was still unsure, but she didn’t want to hurt Shine Boy’s feelings. “Okay.”

“Great! Let’s go!” Shine Boy got up and he and Fluttershy each held a hand from Sweetheart and headed back to the music room.

--------

Shortly after, the three made it back to the music room where everyone was ready for birthday cake.

“There you guys are! Where you’ve been?” Rainbow asked.

“We were just checking on Sweetheart.” Fluttershy said.

“Well, you guys are just in time for cake!” Mikey cheered.

“Sounds good.” Shine Boy smiled.

“Hey, guys. What’s this?” Sweetheart turned to see Logan pulling her gift out of the trash. “I think we missed a gift.”

“No! Don’t!” Sweetheart hurried over to stop Logan.

“What’s wrong, Sweetheart?” Lancer raised a brow.

“Yeah. What is that?” Melody added.

“That…. Is my gift to Shine Boy.” Sweetheart sighed.

“It wasn’t that bad of a store you bought it from, was it?” Ace shrugged.

“I didn’t buy it. I…. made it.” Sweetheart admitted.

“Comment withdrawn.” Ace spoke before Melody knocked him upside the head.

Shine Boy turned to Sweetheart. “Would you mind if I open it?”

“Okay. It’s just…. Not that special.” Sweetheart sighed.

“But you made it. That makes it all that special.” Shine Boy assured as he took out the tissue paper from the bag.

“What is it?” Mikey asked curiously.

Shine Boy reached in the bag and pulled a box made of popsicle sticks and decorated with stickers and crafts.

“Well. I’d say that’s a nice box you made there.” Rarity commented.

Shine Boy opened the box to see it play soft music as star on a spring spinning around.

“That is beautiful music.” Shinigami smiled.

“You made this, Sweetheart?” April asked.

“Well, I did have a little help from Donnie with the mechanical stuff.” Sweetheart blushed.

Shine Boy smiled as he closed the box. “It’s beautiful, Sweetheart. Thank you.”

“You like it?”

“I love it.” Shine Boy then knelt down to Sweetheart. “You see, Sweetheart, it doesn’t matter if you buy or make a present. If you put your heart into them, that is true friendship, which is the greatest gift of all.” He then faced the rest of the young group. “And you’ve all done great on that too. Thank you all for your great gifts.”

As the Rock N’Beats and CMCs gave Shine Boy a group hug, Pinkie couldn’t help but bawl at the touchy moment, accidently drenching Raph in the process. They held that way until they heard a loud growling noise. They looked to see it came from Mikey, who giggled sheepishly.

“Sorry.” He whispered.

Shine Boy got up and smiled. “Guess that means it’s time for cake.”

Everyone laughed as they gathered around the table while Leo began to cut the cake and Sunset passed out plates.

The End

Author's Note:

There you go! This fiction is done! Thought I'd do a bonus chapter on the day of my birthday.

Facts:
-The Rock N'Beats are redesigns of G2 MLP characters by Jebens1 who appear in his fiction Magical Mayhem on Deviantart. Jebs gave me permission to use them.

- The part where Ace accidently spoiled the surprise but Shine Boy didn't say anything is based on a scene from the Birthday World episode of The Wacky Adventures of Ronald Mcdonald.

- The Crown of Smaug is a parody of one of my favorite puppet shows as a kid, 'The Crown of Bogg'. it was made by Paul Fausco, known for his work on ALF. you can find it on Youtube.

- The Song Sweetheart sings is the Why Can't I song Riff sang in Barney and Friends.

- The part where Sweetheart mentions that Donnie helped her is a nod to when he made music boxes for April in the 2012 series

Anyway, Happy Birthday, Shine Boy!