• ...
2
 49
 802

Chapter 2 - The Letters from Nobody

After the incident with the vanishing glass at the zoo, Twilight was locked in her "room" under the stairs for a week, denied food, and only allowed out of the small space to use the bathroom.

One morning, Twilight walked quickly down the hall to the front door, to go pick up the mail.

As she proceeded to sort the letters, most were bills for the month, one letter in particular makes her eyes widen in shock: there, in her hand, one of the letters was addressed to Twilight herself.

Miss T. Sparkle
The Cupboard under the stairs
Privat Driva Nº 5
Ponyville

"How weird..." Twilight said curiously "I've never received mail before".

Then Twilight headed to the kitchen. Uncle Filthy and Diamond are sitting at the table, while Aunt Spoiled is busy working in the kitchen.

Twilight hands Filthy the rest of the mail, as she walked across the table with her letter.

"Ah, Cousin Silver is ill!" Filthy said, as he read the postcard "She must have eaten something bad..."

Then, just as Twilight was about to open her own letter, Diamond noticed her and rushed across the table, snatching it from her hands.

"Dad, look! There is a letter for Twilight!"

"Hey, give it back to me!" Twilight said "It's mine!"

"Yours?" Filthy said as he laughed "Who is going to write to you?"

Filthy turned the letter over noticing the broken red seal on the back. Seeing this, his eyes widen in surprise and horror. He showed the letter to Spoiled, who in turn also looked quite horrified.

Then they both looked at Twilight, who gulped, believing that she would be in trouble. But not.

Unfortunately, she was unable to read the letter.


As time goes on, it wasn't long before strange events began to occur around the Rich's house.

An owl flew from the sky with another similar letter, dropping it through the slot in the mailbox and joining a large flock gathered around the fireplace in the house. From the inside, Filthy took a handful of letters and tore them up in frustration.

Meanwhile, Twilight was inside her "room", distracted by what she could. At that moment, she heard what sounded like a slight hum.

Curious, she slowly opened the door and looked out for a quick peek: before her very eyes, she could see Filthy drilling wooden boards over the mailbox opening.

"There will be no more letters in this mailbox!" Filthy stated seriously.


Another day, outside the house, Filthy and Spoiled were at the front door. Before Filthy was about to leave for work, Spoiled gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Good luck in the office, darling" Petunia said fondly.

Then a bird screech makes Spoiled stop, staring with horror into his eyes. She gestured Filthy in his direction, and when he turned around, she saw a group of owls perched on the car.

"OUT!" grunted Filthy "GET OUT OF HERE!"

But a flock of owls was not the most disturbing thing for both of them. Spoiled's eyes widened in amazement even more as he gazes down at the foot of the porch. Filthy also looked down and there's no mistaking what they both saw: another pile of letters addressed to Twilight Sparkle.


Another day turned to night, when Filthy spent hours tossing letter after letter straight into the fireplace.

Twilight Sparkle turned the corner to witness the display he had before her. Filthy turned briefly, grinning wickedly with a letter in hand, before tossing it onto the burning pile of papers.

It was a difficult event to witness, especially for Twilight, but still she fell silent knowing that more would come... many more...

Even so, she still didn't understand him. What was it about those letters to prevent her from reading them?


A week had passed since then.

As the family sat around the living room, Twilight serving a plate full of cookies, an insane look played on Filthy's face. Her eyes moved nonstop, her hair sticking out in many different places.

There was no doubt that the man seemed to have gone mad.

"Nice day, Sunday...” Filthy muttered to himself “Best day in my opinion. And why, Diamond?"

Diamond just shrugged, as Twilight continued walking with the plate of cookies. She finally stood in front of her uncle, handing her a cookie, while she took note of his growing insanity.

"Why is there no mail on Sunday?" guessed Twilight.

"You said it, Twilight" Filthy said enthusiastically "There is no mail. Ha!"

As soon as Filthy spoke, Twilight thought she saw a shadow flying outside the window, drawing her attention. Twilight walked over to the window, while Filthy kept muttering to himself.

"Not a bloody letter! No sir. Not a happy and bloody letter, not a..."

Looking through the curtains, Twilight saw something that surprised her: there were millions of owls gathered outside. Most were perched on top of the house, in cars, on streetlights… on everything!

Seeing it, her Twilight knew what only "one" thing could mean.

"No, sir..." Filthy continued "Not one hateful, miserable--"

Suddenly, a letter shot out of the fireplace and crashed into Vernon's face, interrupting him. Suddenly, an earthquake began to shake the house.

At that moment, billions of cards shot out of the chimney at once. The sudden arrival of letters makes the whole family, except Twilight, scream in panic.

"AH! Make it stop!" shouted Diamond, jumping onto her mother's lap "Please make it stop!"

"Leave me alone!” Filthy yelled "Ah!"

As the family screamed like crazy, Twilight jumped on the table to grab a letter, which was a bit difficult due to the speed at which they were flying.

"What is this!? What's going on!?" shouted Diamond, scared.

Finally, Twilight managed to grab a letter and began to run away. But Filthy, seeing Twilight in sight of her, also jumped up.

"Give me that!" Filthy yelled "Give me that letter!"

Filthy chased Twilight down the hall, grabbing her just before she could reach her "room" under the stairs.

Suddenly an avalanche of letters fell on them both.

"AH!!!" Filthy yelled.

"They are my letters!" Twilight yelled "Let go of me!"

Finally, the wooden board nailed in front of the mailbox was broken by the expressive pressure of the letters that were shot out of the slot.

And it was, during this moment, that Filthy had enough of this madness.

"IT'S OVER! WE ARE GETTING OUT OF HERE! " Filthy yelled, totally frustrated. "FAR AWAY! WHERE THEY CAN'T FIND US! ”.

"Mom, Dad has gone crazy" Diamond said to his mother.

Spoiled just stared with the most horrified look he had ever formed. But deep down, in the midst of everything that happens around him, he knew that his daughter could be right.

Author's Note:

WHERE DID SO MANY LETTERS COME FROM?!

We'll see...