• Published 21st Oct 2021
  • 390 Views, 14 Comments

Three Years Later - Artist



Three years after Paul's death life has gone back to normal, 2 new residents have arrived at the group home.

  • ...
25
 14
 390

Settling in

Author's Note:

I’m going to try and finish writing the story, but if it is a little confusing it is just because sometimes I cannot put my thoughts into words.

But I do hope that you enjoy and please give me more upvotes.

The next morning Charles woke up to Rainbow Dash knocking on his door, he got transferred into his wheelchair and drove to the door and opened it.

"Hey, Charles, do you know where Jane is?" Rainbow asked with a smile on her face.

"Yes, last night I had a dream where I saw Jane in a wasteland!" Charles confirmed.

Rainbow scratched her head and looked puzzled.

"But what does it mean?" She asked coming into the room and sitting down on the bed.

"Honestly, I'm not sure!" Charles said coming over to her.

"Let's go downstairs, I have breakfast already prepared!" Rainbow said getting up from the bed and walking to the door with Charles following her.

Once out in the hallway Charles let Rainbow go ahead of him and then he turned around and headed back to his room.

Once back in his room he opened his curtains with the press of a button at the side of his bed to reveal the snow covered landscape, the trees didn't have any leaves on them and they were covered in snow and so was the ground.

"Jane where are you?" Charles asked as he looked out of the window at the snow covered landscape, then he headed back out of his room to catch up with Rainbow.


Once arriving in the dining room, Charles could see that Stevie and Ringo were setting the table for breakfast, upon closer inspection Charles could see that there were various items strewn about the table.

There was bread and butter and various varieties of jam, and there was peanut butter and something that looked like chocolate spread.

In the center of the table stood a large vase with flowers of various colors in it.

Charles wheeled himself over to a chair and pulled the chair out then he wheeled himself up to the table.

"Hey guys, I do hope that you had a pleasant night?" Charles turned to Stevie who was sat at the other end of the table.

"I'm fine!" Stevie said when he noticed that Charles was talking to him.

"Where is Jimmy?" Charles asked.

"Not here, I think he and Fluttershy and Alan went out!" Stevie answered.

"Very good, you know Stevie I can read minds!" Charles said in his mind to Stevie.

Stevie looked shocked but didn't say anything out loud.

"Does anyone else know?" Stevie asked in a hushed whisper.

Charles shook his head, "no one else knows."

Stevie let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding in.

"Do you have any superpowers?" Charles asked in a hushed whisperer.

Stevie nodded his head enthusiastically.

"Yeah, I have powers though my powers are less known, I can sense people who are not there I can tell when people have passed away and I can talk with them, last night I had a dream where I met Paul, he used to live here!" Stevie said before taking a bite of toast with jam.

"Cool!" Charles said before biting into his own piece of bread.

After breakfast they all went upstairs and Stevie and Charles went to Stevie's room so that Stevie could show Charles what he meant.

"Now I will go into a trance and call the spirit of Paul!" Stevie said as he sat on his bed and cross his legs.

Charles could only sit there and watch as Stevie went into meditation, Stevie's head tilted forward as he concentrated.

"Paul, are you there I need to talk to you!" Stevie said.

Then all of a sudden a small gust of wind blew through the room even though there was not a window open.

"He's here, now we may communicate with him!" Stevie announced as he put back on his sunglasses.

"How?" Charles questioned.

"I will show you!" Stevie said as he got down from the bed and sat on the floor, Charles also transferred onto the floor and sat next to Stevie.

"Now, have you meditated?" Stevie asked.

"No, I haven't!" Charles answered quickly.

"Very well!" Stevie said as he focused on his breath.

"I will teach you to focus your breath before you can see a spirit, seein’ a spirit takes time!" Stevie said after a long period of silence.

Charles nodded not really understanding what was going on.

"Now, close your eyes, what do you see?" Stevie asked as he took Charles' hand.

"I do not see much!" Charles said after a while.

“Hmm, that is unfortunate.” Stevie said when Charles had opened his eyes again.

After a few more tries Charles finally gave up and transferred back into his wheelchair.

Stevie could tell that the Charles was upset.

“I am sure that you will get it next time, as I said it takes time.” Stevie said coming over to Charles understanding by him.

“I think, I’d rather just stick with my own powers for now, but remember nobody else is supposed to know.” Charles said before wheeling himself out of Stevie’s room and down the hallway to his room.

After Charles left Stevie sat back down on the floor and started to meditate once again, but this time he went into the astral realm because he had some unfinished business there.


Once in the astral realm, Stevie met up with his spirit guide who showed him what the future would look like for him if he didn’t leave the group home, his spirit guide took him to a place that was all too familiar to Stevie.

The house that Stevie was taken to was a replica of his own home, the only difference was that the inside was very dull and gray, there was no sign of life anywhere.

“Why are you showing me this?” Stevie asked as he stood in the living room.

“You need to see what your future will look like.” The spirit guide answered in a language only Stevie could understand.

After the spirit guide had shown Stevie what his home would look like, the spirit guy took Stevie back to the group home in the real world.


Back in the real world in a dark and gloomy forest Jane lay on a bed of leaves, she couldn’t feel her legs but she could move them.

“Where am I?” She thought to herself as she tried to get up but found that she couldn’t.

When she looked down she saw that her legs were tied together with a rope and so were her hands, so she started panicking not knowing what had happened.

“Where am I?” Jane yelled out loud.

“You are in my forest, I brought you here, you will love me!” Jane had a man’s voice say, then she lifted her head to see a giant walking toward her in one hand he had an ax and in the other he had the head of a dead animal.

“Do not worry, Young one, I will not hurt you.” The giant said as he stalked toward her.

Jane wished that the people in the group home like, Rainbow Dash or even Fluttershy would come and rescue her.

“Your little friends will not ever find you here.” The giant growled as though he had read her mind.

“Please, don’t hurt me.” Jane whimpered as the big hand of the giant picked her up and slung her over his shoulder and carried her off to a nearby tavern.

Once inside of the tavern the giant put Jane down on one of the big tables that was with in the Tavern.

Jane looked around to find that there were big tables everywhere and the walls were made out of Oakwood, and there was only one window but it was covered up by what looks like an a deer head.

“What are you going to do with me?” Jane whimpered.

“Nothing, we only want your powers, we have heard from a far away land where you superheroes live and we wish to know more.” One of the giants growled as he came closer to Jane making her flinch away from him.

“I will not tell you anything.” Jane nearly shouted.

“Yelling will not help you, none of your friends can hear you, this forest is really far away not even in your land.” The giant who brought her to the Tavern announced.

Jene could only lay there and hope that Charles would eventually find her.

Comments ( 4 )

this is really good.

11480829
Thank you so much

I read it. Contacting spirits after breakfast is good for digestion? I have a doubt.

11856279
I don’t know if it’s good.

I know it’s bad.

Login or register to comment