• Published 9th Sep 2012
  • 1,869 Views, 37 Comments

The Legend of Starlight - twow443



Celestia and Luna aren't the only rules of Equestria. Read the tale of their little brother.

  • ...
18
 37
 1,869

Welcome Home

Chapter 6-Welcome Home

“How do I look, Twi?”, I asked the purple unicorn. “Is it too tight, or do I look stupid? Maybe we need another....”

“Starlight! Relax!” Twilight said. “Rarity made this for you, of course you look alright!”

“Sorry Twi.” I said, relaxing. “It's not everyday that you're being crowned to be a prince.”

Twilight stopped pacing around me and looked me in the eye. “You look great, Star. Now were you going to fly to the castle?”

Suddenly the door burst open, “Nope! He's going with me!” Rainbow walked in the room. “You ready, Prince?”

I tapped her on the wing. “Don't call me that. It's bad enough that everypony's gonna be calling me that soon enough.”

Rainbow laughed and walked out, hitting me in the face with her wing, “Hurry up! I'm ready to go!”

Twilight laughed. “You two are so cute together.” She laughed again when I narrowed my eyes. “OK, we'll see you two at the castle.” I hugged her and went outside. I extended my wings and flew off after Rainbow.

As the two of us flew though the sky on our way to Canterlot, Rainbow noticed that I wasn't looking at her. “Hey, what's wrong Prince?”

I swiped by her, “I said don't say that.”

Rainbow laughed, “Awww are we a little nervous?” She flew by me and pushed me into a cloud. She then took off, saying, “Bet you can't catch me!”

“Oh yeah?,” I said, shaking off cloud. I then yelled “Rainbow!” and my clothes transformed. My shirt was cyan, like Rainbow's body and my pants were rainbow colored. In a burst of color, I took off after Rainbow. But as I flew, I looked up....and barely dodged a bolt of dark magic. “Aw come on! Today?!”

Nightmare Moon was flying after me, constantly shooting magic. I twisted and turned so she was missing horribly. One blast missed and blew up a cloud up by Rainbow. She turned around and saw what was happening. “No! Keep going!” I yelled to her....as I got hit in the chest. Stunned, I started to fall out of the air.

Up above me, Rainbow rushed in and kicked Nightmare in the face. They started fighting as I grabbed a cloud and swung myself back up. I rainbow dashed next to Nightmare, summoned Stormtide and proceeded to slam it into Nightmare's side. She roared and proceeded to buck me into another cloud.

I heard Rainbow and Nightmare fighting as I fell though the cloud. Then I had an idea. I flew back up and yelled, “Pinkie!” My clothes switched from cyan to pink, but my pants were a darker pink. I flew around them and landed behind another cloud. I yelled to Rainbow, “Rainbow! Drop!”.

Immediately, she folded in her wings and fell. I kicked the cloud so it covered Nightmare's body. “What is this?”, she hissed, trying to get out.

“Happy reeeeeeeeeeeallly late birthday!” I yelled. I then created a firework that wrapped around my arm. I lit the fuse and the firework shot at Nightmare's cloud. I folded in my wings and dropped also. Catching up to Rainbow, I switched back to her cutie mark. She said, “That's flattering, but I still look better.”

I rolled my eyes, grabbed her and using all my power, created a sonic rainboom. The force of it shot us both flying in the direction of the castle. I looked behind us and saw the most beautiful fireworks. “You really should have saved that for AFTER you're crowned prince.” Rainbow said.

“Don't make me drop you.” I said. Rainbow just laughed as we sped on.

As we came closer to the castle I realized something. “Hey Rainbow? I don't really know how to stop.”

“Well we could always go though a window.” Rainbow said.

I focused on the window that was closest to the throne room and twisted us around so that I was the one that smashed though the window. Everypony in the room looked up as we hit the ground. I looked up at my sisters. “Sorry about that. We decided to take the senic route.”

Besides that, the ceremony went off without a hitch. I don't want to bore you with all the details, but I should tell you about the last part of it....

Celestia had explained why I looked like a human and walked over to me. “Starlight.” She choked on emotion for a second, but was quick to compose herself. “I have waited a long time to ask you this. Do you accept the duties and responsibility of being the prince of Equestria? And do you always promise to protect Equestria and all of the ponies with your life?”

I looked around the room. All of the ponies from Ponyville, Cloudsdale and even Canterlot were here. There were even ponies from other places in Equestria. And as I looked back at my sisters I realized that....this was my life now.

And I wouldn't change it for anything.

“Yes, Celestia.” I said. “Yes, I do.”

Suddenly my right hand started to glow. “Ahhh!” I yelped because it started to BURN. I saw that Celestia's and Luna's horns were glowing. I held my hand out and the two princesses zapped it with their horns. Then the pain stopped and my hand stopped glowing. Everypony in the room gasped as I looked at my hand. There was the most beautiful cutie mark I had ever seen. In the middle of the back of my hand, there was a star and beams of light were coming off of it. Slightly above the star was a sun and slightly under it was a moon. The beams of light from all three wrapped down my arm and stopped where my elbow was.

I said in amazement, “I just Cutie Stamped you two.” As I looked up Luna was standing by a pedestal and was motioning me to come over there, so I did.

I looked down and saw that it was a place that looked like a sword was supposed to fit, like those old stories about Arthur back on Earth. Luna said, “Place your sword in here, Starlight. Your sword is your scepter.”

I summoned Stormtide and slammed it into the hole. Then the sword started to glow. A amazing flash of light covered it and when it stopped, I pulled the sword out. The blade of the sword was colored light blue with a darker blue covering it. The hilt was golden and when I looked carefully I saw the cutie marks of the Mane 6 around it.

“That is the true Blade of Equestria, Starlight.” Luna told me. “Use it with care and pride.” I nodded to her.

Celestia walked over and gently set a crown on my head. She then turned back to the room of ponies. “Ponies of Equestria! All hail Starlight, Prince of Equestria and welder of the Blade of Equestria!” At that moment, every pony in the room bowed down to me. It made me realize that I really was home, and they were welcoming me.

I was finally home, for good.

The End