• Published 30th Aug 2021
  • 4,388 Views, 5 Comments

Fatty gains Magical pains - MetalBrony20



When a powerful spell engulfs Equestria, its enhabitants find themsleves gaining a considerable amount of weight. Will they find a counterspell before everyone is too fat to care?

  • ...
9
 5
 4,388

Little Peptalk, Big Mares

“Let me guess, it happened to all of you again?” an irate grumble left Twilight’s lips, pinching the bridge of her snout, all the while trying to ignore the slight jostle of her fore-leg fat. It was a rhetorical question, of course. She could see all her friends perfectly from where she stood, even if some of them were hidden behind each other's bulk. The discordant smattering of affirmatives too was unnecessary, looking at the general heftiness that had blanketed all of them. Still, it didn’t stop Twilight from letting out a weary sigh, her chest flab bobbing and bouncing, her nearly 200-pound body jiggling.

It started almost a week ago, sometime in the dead of night. When the populous awoke, they found themselves feeling strange. A curious weight had materialised, and after staring in mirrors and asking their friends and families, creatures from around Equestria could see that they’d gained weight. Not just a pound or two, but around twenty. Ponies or Griffons, males, or females, young or old. It didn’t matter who or what you were, the weight found its way onto everycreature. For some creatures like the Yaks or the older dragons, such weight was rather trivial, but for most, its presence was apparent.

Confusion and panic spread quickly, questions flying back and forth about how or why this was happening. And despite these queries, nothing could seemingly be done. These questions piled on further as the next day rolled around. Just like the morning before, around twenty pounds of pure blubber had been added to their frames. Creatures were gaining at an astounding rate, their bodies swelling outwards as layer upon layer of soft, jiggly fat materialised out of nowhere. Another twenty pounds were added every day, and everyone got all the fatter from it.

With a tilt of her head, the Mane 6 made their way over to the cutie map, sitting on their chairs. Normally, they would easily fit into them. However, their enlarger plots, thighs, and rolls were making them a little too snug for comfort. “Thank goodness these are made from crystal; every other seat insists on reminding me about my weight.” Rarity broke the silence, relaxing into the soft cushioning and feeling her bouncy plot squish into the material. A definite sink for most of her gains, her butt had expanded greatly, distorting the straight lines of her cutie mark as it stretched out.

“Totally. I keep having to reshape my stupid bed every morning.” Rainbow grumbled, flexing her wings as she prepared to leap into the seat, before thinking better of it and just clambering on instead. “I might need to get a densely packed cloudbed if I keep gaining all this useless flab.” Emphasising this, she pressed a hoof to her burgeoning gut. Laid out in front of her, it rested slightly between her legs. It was still ovoid, the peripheries deforming around her gaskin. “Bah! This dumb fat won’t budge, no matter what I do!”

“T’aint that the truth Dash.” Applejack agreed, lifting her hat and wiping the sweat from her brow. Unlike Rainbow's round gut, Applejacks had begun to divide into a pair of rolls on either side of her belly button. Replacing the battered brown Stetson, her bingo wings jiggled softly, squashing against her developing chest blubber. “I’ve been doing more applebucking and jobs about the farm than I think I’ve done in a real long while. And wouldn’t ya know it, I’ve gotten just as fat as everypony else. Dang it sugar cube, I don’t know what to do.”

“Oh, could you please not talk about sugar, if you mind that is…” Fluttershy added meekly, tapping her hooves together. Compared to the AJ and Rainbow, it appeared that most of her gains had focused on her hindquarters. Her normally small bottom had taken a good amount of pudge, each cheek inflating into a pair of ovular masses. Her thighs too had taken a good brunt of adipose, creating neat pillars for her butt to rest upon. “I’ve been trying to keep to a diet with no sugar or bread… just some small salads, but…” She didn’t finish, sweeping her hooves over her body giving a clear indication of the results of her diet.

“What! No way! You can’t just give up on sugar like that! It's not sugar’s fault we’re all becoming chunky funky.” Pinkie piped up, gesturing a hoof at Fluttershy, causing the shy mare to shrink slightly. Pinkie's weight was more evenly distributed than the other, her whole body becoming soft and chunky as rolls swelled forth. “I’ve still been eating cakes and pastries, less than I normally do too. And wouldn’t ya know it, I’m getting all wobbly bobbly like all of you girls.” She finished, squeezing, and squashing her gut, a few grumbles and blorps emanating from the gelatinous pink mound.

They sat there for a moment, unsure of what else to say, looking at one another. The silence was broken by a door opening, the sound of hard scales and claws impacting on crystal echoing about. This was undercut by a heavy sloshing noise and slight slaps of flesh on flesh. Craning over the edge of her chair, Rainbow watched as Spike entered. Like everyone else, he’d been struck by the same affliction. Unfortunately, given his much shorter stature, those 100 odd pounds he’d gained had already turned the mildly chubby dragon into quite the butterball.

His walk had deteriorated into a waddle, his once slight paunch having developed into a great green slab of a belly that bobbed about, smacking into his chunky thighs. His love handles similarly gyrated as he shifted his weight back and forth, the motion traveling up his form. His chest had thickened in a chunky pair of moobs, his arms too creating concentric clumps of lard that sagged onto one another. His face puffed up, giving his already round head a puffy set of cheeks and a doughy neck. His mouth hung open, tongue lolling as he took deep breaths, unaccustomed to carrying such bulk. His tail was far rounder too, slight rolls forming between each scale giving it a far more conical appearance.

Panting his way to his chair, the girls noticed he was clutching something in his hand. Standing next to the table, he held the brown scroll up high, the familiar red ribbon and goldenseal shining. “Huff… pant… something for you… Twi.” He gasped, the rolled paper leaving his claw as Twilight’s magic took hold, whisking it over in a jiffy. The doughy dragon took this moment to sit down, his smaller seat having difficulty accommodating him. Forcing his purple cheeks into the inflexible material, his love handles pressed against the sides too. Leaning back as he took the weight off his feet, Twilight broke the seal and started to read aloud.

“Dear Twilight

As you are aware, Equestria is currently facing a crisis like no other. No one, myself included, has been spared from this insidious affliction. Whilst I would love to give you a solution or help guide you towards a way to resolve the spell, neither I nor my sister can help. Liaising with the professors and research students at my school, we have been unable to come to any solution, outside of identifying that this is the result of some ancient, wild magic.

I will update you once we’ve made more progress. Again, I apologise that I can offer nothing more than my words, and hope that somepony can eventually unravel this mystery.

Your fellow Princess and forever friend

Celestia”

As Twilight read further and further through the letter, her shoulders sagged further and further. Her already sour mood worsened, her muzzle pulled into a glower as she studied the words, hoping there was some hidden meaning to them all. Alas, the scroll continued to show bad news, regardless of how much she turned the paper around. Sighing as it fell from her hooves, as she slumped into her chair, lips twitching as her gut sloshed about.

“So… what are we going to do?” Rarity spoke, levitating the letter over and rereading it through. Her scanning was cut short by the sharp clack of hoof on crystal, causing most of the table to sit bolt upright.

“I tell you what we’re not going to do, let this dumb fat rule our lives!” Rainbow shouted, hopping off her seat, flapping her wings, and hovering over the others. “We can’t just sit around and mope about how nothing is working! We’ve dealt with all kinds of problems before, and we haven’t failed yet.” Most of the gathered creatures perked up, though a few still looked unconvinced.

“But Rainbow, you heard what Celestia said. This is ancient magic we’re dealing with, something incredibly powerful if it affects everypony. It's not something we can just brush off or imprison like some other villain. It's impos…”

“Don’t say it’s impossible! We’re the most awesome ponies in Equestria. If anyone can solve this, it’s us!”

“She’s right sugar. We could spend all day hollerin’’ and bawlin’ about… all this flab. But we can keep trying things to see if anything changes. Heck, if this is magical, I’m sure there is some spellbook somewhere that could help us out. Be it here, or over yonder, there’ll be somethin’ to help sort this mess out.”

“You… you sure, Applejack?” Twilight responded, blinking her watery eyes.

“Would ah every lie to you Twilight? I’m as sure as my flank is big, and let me tell ya, this caboose ain’t small ah tell ya.” She smiled, reaching around, and landing a powerful smack into her gelatinous orange hindquarters. “Besides us, you’ve still got everypony else looking to find a fix for all this. We’ll get this sorted, one way or another.”

“Alright! Now that Twilight is no longer all mopey and stuff, would you guys like a cupcake!” While everyone had been distracted with Rainbow and AJ’s pep talks, Pinkie had slipped out of her seat, taking the opportunity to spring up beside Twilight. Somehow, doubling the party ponies' weight had done little to stop her randomness, a fact made more apparent as she pulled a plate out of hammerspace; filled with the hoof-sized delights.

“Pinkie! We just discussed diets, and you’re already dishing out sweets?” Twilight exclaimed, her eyes dilating as the plate was wafted under her nose, filling her nostrils with the familiar sweet smell. Try as she might, her nearly empty stomach didn’t quite agree with her brain, letting out a needy growl that tinted her cheeks bright red. “Then again, they do look really good, and I’m starving from this diet… maybe just one would be fine?”

“Yeah, why the hay not, what damage can one cupcake more do to my already fat ass?” Rainbow smiled, landing and grabbing one covered in yellow icing, subconsciously wiping sweat from her head.”

“You got that right. I don’t see that blubber butt fitting in your Wonderbolts kit anymore.” Applejack guffawed, grabbing a cake for herself. A small bubble of laughter rose, Rainbow’s cheeks flushed red. One by one, all seven friends grabbed a cupcake or two, the dour mood from minutes ago lifting. As Twilight took a bite, the gooey icing, and spongy cake filling her maw, many of her doubts had been lifted, just enjoying the atmosphere with her friends. After all, with the number of creatures working on the problem, it was only a matter of time before everything was sorted out.

Finishing her cupcake, she let out a small burp, before reaching out and grabbing another.