• Published 6th Sep 2011
  • 2,841 Views, 26 Comments

Need For Speed: Friendship Pursuit - RayneTheSkunk



RD and Applejack move to Dockview. Raindbow Dash to be a street racer. Applejack to be a cop.

  • ...
3
 26
 2,841

Cop Story Day 1

Day 1

First Day on the Job

Welcome to Dockview, a playground for street racers. From the long winding roads and scenery of the county to the traffic of the back alleys of the city, racers have turned the whole area into their personal colosseum; racing the fastest and most powerful cars on the market. With heavy crime comes heavy police enforcement. The DVSPD, Dockview Speeder Police Department, was made just to confront these bad boys. Cops armed with top of the line cars and equipment. Nothing will stop them from busting their targets. The world's best racers versus the worlds best cops. Bad ponies and good ponies fight to conquer the dangerous roads of Dockview!


The T.V. was shut off by a purple unicorn in a police uniform. “I guess you came here because you saw the show.” She said to an orange earth pony by the name of Applejack. “Well it’s not as easy or as cool as the show makes it look. We have to risk our lives to keep this city orderly and safe! Are you ready for that?”


Applejack sat straight and looked the unicorn in the eyes. “Yes ma’am. My apple orchard was burned down by them dang racers back home. Me and the family moved here a a week ago when our relatives offered us a place to stay. This is real personal for Big Macintosh and I.”


“Big Macintosh? He’s the one Lyra approved earlier. If you're both here together, I guess I’ll just approve you too. Honestly, we don’t have room to be too picky, what with the increasing number of racers. I’m Twilight Sparkle. I’m your superior and you will answer to me.”, the unicorn said pointing to her badge. “You do know how to drive these sorts of cars right?”


“Yep! Back home in Ponyville, I was the pony who took down some of them rascals.”
Applejack boasted. “It’s why the darn punks gone went and burned down the place.”


“Great, you can start immediately. We have a spare uniform waiting in the-” Twilight was interrupted by the buzzing of her radio. She used magic to muffle it so Applejack couldn't hear the pony on the other end “Yes! Uh huh, got it.” She clipped the radio back onto her side. “Hey, actually, you can get to work right now. We’ve got a drunk in the desert that should be easy enough for a new recruit.”

“The desert? Ain’t this town on the coast line?” Applejack turned her head to the map on the wall. Twilight got up from her chair to point at locations on the map.


“Nopony knows why, but Dockview County has extreme changes in terrain for a location of it’s size.” She pointed to the lower right corner of the map. “This is the Songbird Desert. “ She raised her hoof north, “These are the Auron mountains. The roads there wind around the sides and the snow comes on pretty quick.” She dragged her hoof along the coast to the west “This whole area is the Dock View coast; just a normal coast it’s mostly cliff. The rest varies from hills, to farmland, to forests. “ She placed pointed the the most eastern part of the map. “This huge area is the city. There's hundreds of alleys and short cuts. That’s the difficult area because we're risking innocent people’s lives.”


Twilight nudged Applejack out of the chair. “Now there’s a Ford out in front. Here’s the keys. The GPS will tell you exactly where to go. Now hurry, you’ll get your badge and everything when you get back.” Twilight pushed Applejack out the door and tossed her a radio. Once in the parking lot, Applejack used the keys to find her car.

She turned on her radio " 'Scuse me Twilight, but I thought we were supposed be driving souped up mega cars.”


“You’ll get them later, now go. You won’t need anything better for this.” Applejack accepted the answer of her superior officer and hopped into her car. It was a Ford Crown Victoria, the most standard police car there ever was. Durable, classic, and rear-wheel drive. The police station was already right near edge of the desert. The drive wouldn't be too long. She followed the on board GPS to the target. The red blip on the Screen represented the driver she was after. Applejack’s surroundings seemed to shift out of nowhere. One minute she was driving along a coast line the next it was a sandy mountainous desert and eventually just a flat desert.


Twilight’s voice came in from the radio “Okay you should see the target soon. The car your driving is only equipped with nitrous nothing else. The nitrous works on an arcane engine that charges from driving fast and drifting. It fills up much quicker than the system the racers use. Your boost is to be used as a weapon against the target. You just have to use your car against there until it doesn't wo-."


Twilight’s voice was interrupted by a young male's. “Basically just beat the crap out of their car by the ramming into them a lot.”



“Spike get off of this line!” Twilight yelled. “So yeah just bash them to bits. They usually come out okay. Good luck.", Applejack took a deep breath and went in. She could see the car she was after. It was a red car so beat up she couldn’t figure out what kind of car it was. It didn’t matter she wasn’t there to analyze. Do the job as fast as possible and get out.


Applejack was familiar enough with nitrous engines to use one properly. She observed her gauges. The nitrous had already filled to the top. She tried her best to line up a shot with the swerving car. Once she had her target set she slammed the nitrous button. The nitrous on the Ford wasn’t much, but it did it’s job. Applejack smashed into the car's already dented rear.


Twilight was back on the radio “Applejack you're forgetting to turn on your siren. Once the siren is turned on your windshield’s scanners will activate and show you what condition the car is in. Just hold the horn down”, Applejack did as told pressing her hoof against the horn till the siren turned on. A light pulsed across the windshield. A large holographic meter appeared above the driver's car . Spike’s came out of the radio.


“Now that your siren is on. You should be seeing a health bar. Just ram into them until the bar is down all the way.” He clicked back off before twilight could yell at him. Applejack examined the driver's health bar. It was down to one last red piece. A turn in the road was coming up. The beaten car swung around the curve. Instead of following the target Applejack cut through the desert sands. She returned to the road next to the drunk. The drunken driver swung her car into Applejack's though it was too weak to do any real damage to the police vehicle. Applejack made confident smirk before taking the wheel and thrashing the Ford back into the pathetic excuse for a car. The health bar disappeared as the car rolled off the road destroyed.


“Well dang I wasn’t expectin’ her to go that far.” Applejack parked next to the wreckage. “Suspect taken down.” She said into the radio her smugness beaming through her tone.


“Alright just cuff her up, give her the speech, then put her in the back of car. To be honest you did that a lot faster than I thought you would. Lyra will run over how things work here when you get back.” Twilight responded.


Applejack forced open the door. The pony inside was a bit bruised, but pretty much okay. She dragged the magenta colored earth pony out from the wreckage. Applejack had already memorized the Miranda rights before applying for the job “Alrighty now. You’re under arrest. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You get the right to speak to an attorney. If you can’t afford an attorney one will be appointed to you. Do you understand the rights that have been read to you?” Applejack recited the Miranda rights as she cuffed the pony. Pony cuffs were basically shackles between the two front legs and their hind legs.


“Yeah yeah I understand. You’re not the first to arrest me.” the pony snorted at Applejack. The bruised pony had grapes and a strawberry as her cutie mark. Applejack led the mare into the back of her car and started the drive back to the station “My name is Berry Punch. You’ll be seeing me a lot.”


“I thought I said you had the right to remain silent. I reckon you should.” Applejack adjusted her rear view mirror so she could get a view of Berry’s smug little expression.


“I think this is my hundredth bust for D.U.I.. My fans get me out every time. No one would ever want the irresistible Berry in jail. You know what they call me down town? I’m the Alcoholic Queen beeyatch!” Berry boasted.


“To be honest ma’am that’s nothing to boast about and I’d rather not hear about it. Please just sit tight for the ride.” Applejack was already getting aggravated with her drunken passenger.


“ I can't be locked up! That puny little station is just a little place I like to visit now.” Applejack groaned as Berry went on. It was a long ride of listening to a drunken pony go on about herself. Applejack was grinding her teeth by the time they got back to the station. She brought Berry in through the front . Even with the cuffs ponies could still walk, but that was all they could do.


A teal unicorn officer with a lyre cutie mark was sitting in a chair waiting. “Hey Berry!” said the unicorn.


“Hi Lyra. No time to chat right now. I'll be going to my place.” Berry walked off on her own. Nopony stopped her. The just watched her as she stumbled a bit along her path.

“Is that really how y’all run things around here? Isn’t that the slightest bit unprofessional?” Applejack asked part confused and part frustrated.


“Well that’s how we deal with the regulars round these parts pardner.” Lyra said imitating Applejack's accent. “Just kidding. We only treat her like that. Her perverted little fans always pay her bail for her. I wonder why we even bother taking her In all the time. No matter how many times she drives drunk as ever she never manages to hit anyone.” Lyra chuckled to herself. “Well anyway I’m officer Lyra. Twilight told me to explain the works here to you. Just follow me to locker room so you can put on your uniform.” Applejack followed the unicorn back to the locker room where a badge and a uniform waited for her.


Applejack slid the uniform on and pinned the badge to her chest. “Okay. Now what ya got to teach me?”


“Just a few things. You already know how to bust racers so I can skip that. First I’ll explain our rankings. Then I’ll explain weapons. Then I’ll … wait no that’s all there is. So our ranking system I has 20 levels. Starting from cadet to Ultimate Enforcer.” Applejack raised her hoof. “Yes?”


“Ultimate Enforcer? Doesn’t that sound like somethin’ from a kids cartoon?” Applejack said trying to hold back a laugh.


Lyra chuckled “Maybe, we like to keep the station light hearted. Keeps stress down ya know. Kay now listen you rank up through getting merit points. You get merit points from busting as many racers as possible as fast as possible or whatever your objective happens to be. You also get them from showing some serious skills on the road. Now with each rank up and milestone on the ranking grid you get permission for a new car. Later on you’ll even get clearance for upgraded versions of weapons.” Lyra pulled out chart with diagrams displaying various bits of tech. “Which brings us to our next part.”


“Whoa, hold up for a second. I’ll never be able to understand any of that fancy mathamatic stuff.”


“Don’t worry we’re not gonna muddy the issue with any fancy mathamatics. I’m just need to tell you how they work. Now the most basic is the spike strip. We used to have some one lay a spike strip on the on coming road and hope the racer would drive over it. They got used to it over time and started dodging every single one. That’s when The Doctor developed our spike strip deployer. You press the button here.” Lyra pointed to a set of buttons not to far from the gauges. “ Then the spike strip is dropped from the back of the car. The strip immediately extends and produces spikes. I don’t understand the science stuff myself I just know it works.” Applejack nodded showing she understood. “Okay just remember the spike strip isn’t perfect anymore. They’ve developed tires the regenerate themselves somehow. We use them too. The spike strip will definitely slow them down though and cause a bit of damage.”


“Okay next is the EMP. Electro Magnetic Pulse! Now this isn’t a full blown EMP. It’s more of a mini EMP missile. It fires a a pulse into their car’s systems causing a good deal of damage, but they won’t stop the car completely unless it’s already near broken. The EMP automatically locks on to racers all you have to do is keep them in range long enough for it to fire. Once it hits they’re going to slow down a lot but their cars regain control fast so ram 'em quick” Applejack pretended to take notes. “Good the other two are simple. Hell they aren’t even actually weapons.”


Lyra brought out two more pictures. One of a Helicopter and one of a roadblock “We can call two kinds of assistance. Road Blocks and Helicopter support. Officer Ditzy Derpy is in charge of making roadblocks. She calls all the other officers in the area and they’ll make a road black as fast as possible. She makes these unbelievable fast but there's all ways a small gap in them for racers to drive through.”


“Why the heck do we leave a gap that big? Just plain sounds ridiculous.”


Lyra shrugged “Well no one can make these blocks faster than Ditzy can. Speed is just more important for these things. Now Spike is the helicopter driver for our squad. Your being paired with me, spike, and Twilight. You're real lucky because we are the best.” Lyra boasted beating her hoof against her chest.


“Really now. What rank are you two?” Applejack crossed her forelegs.


“Wellll we’re umm… rank 5 and 6” Lyra mumbled. Applejack had a short laugh. “Shut up your new! I still have seniority over you.” Lyra startled chuckling herself. “Okay whatever just stop interrupting me okay. Now Spike will watch over were each racer is going in case we lose sight. We can also request him to drop a spike strip or start bombing the road. I know it’s sounds ridiculous, but we only do it when we’re sure the road is clear. Spike will drop some explosive barrels on the road in front of the racers. It hasn’t killed anyone yet. The only problem is that we have to dodge them too. So any questions.”


“Just one. When do I get the fast super cars?” Applejack asked a bit frustrated.


“Later. Right now you only have access to Traffic control cars. Those things hit forty-eight at best. We’re gonna be going slow for a while.” Lyra seemed to be just as annoyed as Applejack.


Spike came in through their radios “ Twilight! Lyra! New girl! I found a race going down on the beaches. Come on!”


“We’re on it spike. Okay sense I’m such a nice mare I’ll let you use my Impereza that one hits sixty-five. Follow me to the garage!” Lyra immediately snapped into sprint for the garage with Applejack running behind her. When they got to the garage Lyra pointed out the car for Applejack. Lyra passed her the keys and they both hopped into their seats. Lyra’s car was a Charger SRT8. Their computers displayed three red blips on the southern coast.


The two of them fallowed their computers eventually catching up with Twilight. “Hey Twilight do we have a plan for this one?” Lyra asked.


“Not really Spike said these were a couple of low level racers. Just remember we don‘t have any weapons or roadblocks on us.” Twilight responded. She drove ahead of the others taking lead position.

“Alright Sparks!” Lyra said taking position to Twilight’s right. Applejack improvised and pulled over to Twilight’s left. It took about ten minutes of drving before spike told them they were getting close to the racers. Twilight gave the order to turn on the sirens. The road they drove on was covered in sand from the beach with a mountain towering to their right. Their targets came into view. The three racers drove convertible roadsters. The lead was yellow the other two were blue and black.


“Lyra I’ve got the yellow one. You get the blue one!” Twilight ordered before she used her nitrous to catch up with her target.


“On it Sparks!” Lyra saluted before pulling off to catch the her prey. That left Applejack with the Black racer in the middle. Applejack drove around Lyra and the blue racer. Applejack drafted her target getting closer with each second. She eyed the car’s health bar trying to figure out how much damage she would do with a ram from this range. After a few seconds she punched the nitrous thrusting her car into the racer’s rear bumper. The health bar that was previously displayed in 5 peaces went down by only one peace.


Lyra came in through the radio “Rear attacks don’t work that well kay. Slam him from the side just watch me!”. Applejack looked in her side mirrors just in time to see Lyra smash the side of her car into the blue racer pushing against the road railing.
“See that one took him down to three points! Your car is built heavy one good slam should take him out. Then you can help Sparks.” Lyra was cut off a bit when the driver slammed back into her. “Don’t worry about the driver there’s always a group of arresters behind us to capture everyone.”


“Okay I got it.” Applejack used her remaining nitrous to catch back up with her target. She pulled over on the racer’s left. Applejack swung the car to the right. She grunted as she found herself crashing into the road railing after scraping the car’s backside. She gritted her teeth as she got back onto the road. A she saw the racer drifting on the left turn in front of her. Applejack drifted the right lane afraid to crash into any oncoming traffic.


“Applejack I busted the lead! I’m going to go back and slow this guy down for you.” Twilight said from the radio.


“Nice I took mine down too. I’m coming on to help too” Lyra said catching up to Applejack.



“Thanks just make sure I’m the one who gets to take him in.” Applejack replied. She used the nitrous she gained from the drift to catch up behind the racer. She could see Lyra coming up behind her from her rear view mirror. The racer slowed down as Twilight blocked him from ahead. Applejack took the opportunity to move over to the racer’s right. Lyra blocked him off from behind. There was absolutely know way the pony could escape. Applejack smiled as she hammered the Impereza into the smaller sports car. The force thew the racer over the road rail were he crashed on the beach.


“Mission Accomplished and work is over for the day woo!” Lyra cheered. “Let’s go get a smoothie or something!”


“Umm are we sure he’s okay. He crash over the dang railing.” Applejack looked over concerned “I mean he resisted arrest and everything, but I really think we should check on the guy.”


“Applejack don’t worry about it. That’s how the job works. These guys always come out fine some how anyway. We just need to call in, tell them the job is done, and our clocks are over for today. Oh Lyra did you come up with a nickname for our new partner yet?”

“I think I’ll call her Jackie. Now make the call Sparks!” Lyra said reclining in her seat.


“Twilight reporting. We took down the racers at the beach. I do believe our shift is over.” She said proudly.

“Good work my faithful officer Twilight Sparkle. Your squad is off for the rest of the day. Your working night shifts tomorrow.”


“Thank you Chief Celestia. Okay girls I’m going to go home and change. See you all at the bar tonight around eight.” Twilight said before driving off. Lyra quickly drove away as well.


Spike came in through the radio “Oh Applejack the bar their talking about is in the city at Mirage street. I gotta go land this baby back at the station.” With nothing else to do Applejack went strait home to her aunt and Uncle orange’s home. The two lived in a mansion in the center of the city. Applejack open the large doors into the enormous living room.


“I’m home Everypony. Big Mac will be back later.” Applejack yelled. Apple Bloom, Applejack’s younger teenage sister, greeted her from the second floor railing to her right.
Applebloom had an incredibly long mane like her sister that needed to be tied up all the time with a bow. She had cutie mark of two hammers crossing each other that took her a very long time to get. She was wearing a blue t-shirt with denim pants.


“Hey Applejack cousin Orange Blossom took me shoppin’ for cloths. This fashion stuff is pretty cool sis. We even got you some cloths you might like. They’re in your bed.”
Applebloom said enthusiastically. In Ponyville none of them wore cloths, but their relative’s warned them that they’ll need cloths to fit in with Dockview.

“Thanks sis I’ll go take a look at ‘em and take a nap. I have some where to go tonight.” Applejack said climbing up the stares. Her sister went back to her room to hang out more with her cousin. Applejack went to her room and stared at the cloths on her bed. A red shirt, a red neck scarf with an apple insignia, some plain denim jeans, and a burgundy checkered jacket. Applejack smiled her sister and cousin did a pretty good job of picking cloths she liked. It wasn’t Applejack’s first time in the city so she was pretty familiar with clothing and how to put it on.


Applejack plopped onto the bed. It only took her a bit of time before falling a sleep.
She woke up later around seven thirty. Applejack stretched her legs out with a yawn. She put on her hat then the rest of her new cloths. The rest of the family were all talking in the living room.


“Hi Everypony. I’m goin’ on out. My partners want to spend some time with me.” Applejack walked passed everyone and was already on her way out the door. Her brother Big Macintosh got out his seat to leave with her too. “Why you comin’ with me Big Macintosh?”


“I real don’t like uncle Orange. Just take me with you sis.” Big Mac whispered to her.
Applejack shrugged it off an nodded.


“Well we’re leavin’ yall. We’ll be back later.” Applejack said on her way out. They got into one of their relative’s cars. Applejack took a second to look over Big Mac’s cloths before they left. A black hat similar to his sister’s along with a black shirt. “They bought you cloths too?” Applejack asked as she started the car.

“Eeyup” Big Mac replied. “It itches a bit.” Applejack snorted a laugh. She fallowed the car’s GPS to the bar Spike told her to go to. They place was deep downtown but the bar looked simple compared to all the typical city buildings around it. The bar was called Appaloosa. The two walked in to find the bar was designed a bit like their old barn. Applejack could see Lyra waving for her. The others where all sitting at table in the corner. Applejack and Big Mac sat in the the free chairs left.


“Good you made it!” Said the purple reptile that sat next to Twilight.


“Whoa. What are you? I don’t want to be rude, but I ain’t never seen anything like you before.” Applejack stared at the strange little thing. Her brother didn’t react much .


The reptile grimaced “I’m spike. The helicopter pilot who keeps you all out of trouble.”


“He’s a young dragon. Spike get’s a bit offended sometimes when ponies ask. He’s going to be out designated driver tonight.” Twilight teased dangling a bottle of beer above Spike’s head. “It’s nice to see you brought your brother with you.”


“Yeah Little Mac is pretty good with a car. Better than Jackie is.” Lyra said before taking a bottle and downing the whole thing at once. “Give me another one Pretty boy!”

A yellow pony a caramel mane brought another tray of beers. “Heres your drinks Lyra.” As he pit the tray down his attention went immediately to Applejack and her brother. “Cousin Applejack! Cousin Macintosh!”

“Braeburn I haven’t seen you in forever what are you doin’ in the city.” Applejack got up and gave her cousin a quick hug.


“I’d ask yall too the same thing. My family been running this bar sense we ran out of money for the farm.” Braebern said


“Oh ours was burned down by racers. Me and the family moved in Aunt and Uncle Orange.” Applejack looked down for a second “Nothing for anypony to get depressed about though. Come on talk with us for the night” Breabunrn looked back to his dad at the counter. He got a nod back.


“Sure that sounds fine applejack.” Brabern sat next to the his cousin. The six of them spent the night drinking and chatting up a storm. Exept for their designated driver.


Spike looked at the table while the others got drunk. “Whatever. I don’t like drinking anyway”


… …. ….