• Published 28th Aug 2021
  • 7,292 Views, 212 Comments

I am a cloudbender [Pegasus] - Flash point



Reincarnated as a small cyan pegasus with a mane of two tones of blue, the darkest being the base with a fringe of a much lighter tone, his appearance gave his name. Storm Flash. Now Follow his adventure... if you want clear!~

  • ...
28
 212
 7,292

1 .- Wake UP!!! It's pancake time!

Yo~! Storm... Storm Flash!!!

*Snif~~~*

"For Celestia's sake ... it smells heavenly those heavenly pancakes brought by the same heavenly beings to our humble home" I poked my nose out of the quilt that kept me warm on the frosty nights that plague Canterlot.

I put my spiel aside and stretched my whole body hidden under the covers.

* Fuash! * With a strong flick of my wings, I pulled off the quilt and started another new day in my second life as the little 7-year-old pegasus that I am now.

With a very well-trained grace, I jumped out of bed and glided from my room to the kitchen on the first floor, my small body allowed me to navigate the house while only giving one or another flutter to stay above the ground since I learned to master these babes, I have avoided walking as much as possible.

With a quick drive, I went down from the second floor to the first floor down the stairs to the kitchen where a plate of pancakes is waiting for me.

"UUuuh!!" I screamed a bit in panic as I clung to the chair so I wouldn't fall over and cause more chaos.

"I give you a 9 for such a good dive, but a 5 for the landing but my love of mother gives a benefit of +3 in all results, which leaves you with 20pts" My mother's voice came from the kitchen where I could only see her back as she cleaned the kitchen.

"Heh! It's getting harder every day to do this, especially since I'm growing up" I puffed out my chest proudly as I waited for her to sit with me.

My mother Clear Day is a single mare without herd who lives in Canterlot as part of the Climate Team, well she is the Supervisory Manager really, so her job gives her enough money to live comfortably in Canterlot with all those pretentious Unicorns.

Today is a special day since it will take me to the Cloudsdale to the Flying Youth School, it is a tradition to take all the little ones to that school to learn the basics about flying, this year it will be held in Cloudsdale as many times... the Pegasi take pride in their city that they rarely take the camp to another place according to my mother.

My mother and I talked about some worldly things, like how my days were at kindergarten/school or the shenanigans that the rookies on the Reserve Climate Team did over dinner.


My ability to pay attention is a disaster and keeping track of something is too... well leaving my thoughts, we already reached cloudsdale one of the few places where I can fly without fear of damage from falling... well I am not that afraid of that, but it's annoying to think it happen as a probability... damn brain and preservation instinct.

Since I decided to conquer my wings and the skies, I have tried to overcome those limitations that made me stay on the ground, until now it is rare that I have those kinds of thoughts about failing.

I am very confident about my wings, I always train my wings and my body a little, apart from eating everything my mom put on my plate to ensure a good physical condition.

"Well, here we part my little star, see you when the camp is over, I'll come to pick you up" My mom kissed me on the cheek after leaving me close with the other children from the other families or packs.

"Hmm!" I silently nodded with a smile as I stretched my body that felt stiff from not being flying or moving.

With a small jump, I got up to my mother's height and gave her a goodbye hug to then move away and fly all over the place full of foals and fillies making a lot of chaos of shouts of fun and laughter.

I got bored very quickly so I flew all over the place again, watching all the faces that I will have to live with these two weeks.

"There is a great variety of coat shades, but gray and blue predominate more" I disconnected my mind and began to fly faster all over the place, crossing the cloud rings that are placed around the place.

At some point, other children joined the same improvised track that was formed with the rest of the children lined up outside the track by only floating or being centered on their pieces of cloud, a griffin, five mares, and the only other two children.

At first, it could be entertaining until I had an idea.

I picked up my speed and approached a filly with a mane of all colors and touched her nose with my right hoof. "Boop! You are IT!!"

"HEY!!"

The girl's face was confused for a small moment, but it was enough distraction for all the children in the place to turn away from her understanding the game instantly.

The screaming filled the place again now with everyone running away from everyone, at some point it turned into a game of Wonderbolts and thieves, I don't care about the game changer, I just kept running away from everyone.

I don't understand but I find it gratifying to be unable to be reached and it continued to be so until we were all called by Ms. Drops and taken to the facilities where they told us which room we have and which companions we will have.

There were 6 children per room, the only male children were placed in the same room with 2 other mares and the Grifin.

I realized that the only ones without friends were the purple mare and me, the other two foals were laughing while pointing at me and the girls, for our lack of the tattoo and for being a chicken among other silly comments.

The rainbow mare was very excited talking to the griffin, talking about the tricks they used to avoid getting caught or how they were faster than others, and something about being cool.

In my wise decision, I preferred to be just a spectator when going to my bunk on top of the one with the purple mare who seems more entertained with a guidebook to tame the clouds.

Soon it was night and we all had to sleep because tomorrow there would be training, I disconnected the rest of the world and I fell asleep on my pillow which was the only thing I brought from home.


"Ugh ~ I already miss my home, these uncivilized people don't know how to cook and the food tastes 40% less for the height level" I commented a little grumpy as I forcefully ate my food a bit incipient, one of the few inconveniences of eating large heights, if I lived here in Cloudsdale I wouldn't know how to identify this problem, but I've lived a ground-level life and is new to Canterlot, it's hard for me to ignore that difference in flavors when I really enjoy eating.

"I don't know what you're complaining about, at home we only eat freshly caught fish and it tastes very good, I feel like this food contains too many things" Gilda the griffin replied to me, she sat on the other side of the table with Rainbow Dash, the hair mare of Rainbow.

"I don't notice any difference, Mom's food is 20% cooler, but it's still not too bad" She just commented a little curious as she continued eating.

"It's only annoying when you can tell the difference no matter how small it is"

"Look, the little group of misfits, I'm sorry they're missing one" Ignore the rest of the sentence as I continued eating, this seemed to bother the brown dwarf.

"Dwarf" was the only thing I said, I just watched him as he tried to say irient words, but nothing he said interested me.

"Blank flank, I'm sure I'm faster than all of you together" This seemed to annoy my two tablemates a lot, as they quickly responded with the same fierceness, I just watched with interest, waiting to see when something interesting happens.

"Don't fight"

A very low voice reached my ears, but I couldn't put a face to the words as the impatient little ones were already getting yelling at each other.

It did not take long for an Adult to take hooves in the matter and stopped the whole problem, they only interrupted because it was time for training and lunchtime was over now it was time for physical training among other things like pushing the foals from a great height so that they learn to fly.

The training was simple, a run, wing bends, wing stretch, synchronized flutter jumps, lift without momentum just with the strength of our wings, and other creative exercises that had some combination with the use of the wings.

Then they took us to a classroom where they gave us the talk about [How to Fly 101] [Control the Cloud 101] and others about being a pegasus.

About three hours later, we were all gathered in some clouds while the instructors built a small track with cloud rings and some obstacles, there were several groups for the different tracks, Gilda stayed in another group for some reason.

Shortly after in a group of three, they made us fly around the runway now without the supervision of the adults who just made sure they were down waiting to catch us if we fell or something similar while securing a safety net.

I had a good time maneuvering through all the obstacles and hoops with ease, I knew when I should or should not put power on my flight... Rainbow was not, every moment she was hitting some obstacle or building for flying too fast in curves.

She along with another filly attracted a lot of attention, mostly because of the only two bullies.

"Do not affect you, you are faster than them and you still have all the time in the world to learn to fly well, maybe your destiny is not to be fast or to be in the air all the time" I sat next to them while watch Rainbow gets angry at not finding the words to defend herself because of the nickname given her of [Rainbow Crash] which is very fitting for the number of times she has crashed into obstacles.

"It's easy for you to say, they're not making fun of you" She looked at me with annoyance as if I was also secretly making fun of her.

"They tried, but I did not bother with them and I ignored them... and they found you as a better target to annoy, relax be better as you always say you are with Gilda, show them that you are not what they say you are" She just stayed with me watching in silence until we were called in for other flight exercises.

As the day went by, I realized that Rainbow is a natural sprinter which made her faster, but she had little control over that, that irritated me a little deep in my mind not understanding why she can equal and sometimes surpass me It is annoying, but it only motivates me to improve myself. I will attribute the incongruity to Harmony, rare magic that interacts with all living beings, in other words, magic or things of genetics.

At the end of the day I managed to keep my place as the fastest and with greater control, but I feel that I still lack something, I know that when I grow up I will be much faster, but I still feel that something escapes from my hooves when I am flying, like If I were not putting my everything, that I can still do more, it is a strange feeling that I have never felt in my previous life, but in this life it has always accompanied me since I started flying, I feel that something is missing from my flight... but I can't locate it yet.

I can only bear the feeling and move on, apart from learning all the types of exercise that can be done to strengthen my wings, many of them I did not know, it is not like I had investigated much, maybe that is the difference between Rainbow and me, the kind of exercises we've done before coming here... just an initial difference, but it may be a bit bigger if I don't pay attention to it.

Excited with new ideas and short-term goals, I fell asleep while ignoring the sound of a discussion.

"Be quiet!! I want to read!"

Author's Note:

I am bored and I decided to get something out of my mind and put it in the form of a story, English is not my mother tongue so there may be some grammatical errors and others of interpretation.

I accept help, but I don't expect to get very far with this, as over 20k words is the average of what I usually write for a story I write, although my areas are more action and fantasy, so there may be inconsistencies in the story regarding the main characters since I am not a consummate MLP fan, I came here bored looking for something to read and now I am writing this.

MLP fanfiction reader since 2018.