• Published 21st Aug 2021
  • 1,887 Views, 8 Comments

The Colt from Nowhere - GreenChocolateChip



I went to bed a man and woke up as a unicorn colt.

  • ...
2
 8
 1,887

What Now?

I had been looking around me for a few minutes now, everything was different. I wasn't even a human anymore, I was a pony. To be more specific, I was a unicorn colt. My bright green fur was comfortable, and the sun warmed me. Given my hermit-Esque nature, however, I decided to get out of the sun once I was finished looking at -- well, everything. The grass was greener here, the sky was bluer, the air cleaner, and as I leaned back onto a tree in the shade, I finally felt happy for the first time in decades. It felt good to smile, even if it was just a small one.

I was brought out of my happiness though, as I always was. One day, I'll learn, I promise. I could hear talking, and the stomping of hooves heading my way. Other people would cause problems, I was sure of it, so I hid in some brush until they passed by.

"The magic signature stops here, girls." I could hear someone say.

"You woke me up from my nap to see some dry grass?" Another, more irritated voice replied.

Peeking my head out from the brush slightly, I got to see the ponies who'd arrived. I must be near Ponyville since the Mane six were the ones who came by.

"Grass doesn't just randomly dry up in random circles, something or somepony caused this," Twilight said, stepping closer to the dry patch.

I was frozen there in the brush as I tried to keep absolutely quiet. No movements, quiet breaths, the silent ones stay alive longer than the screamers, I knew. The tactic of remaining silent only works if the people searching for you are using their eyes and ears to search for you. If they had a dog with them, they likely would find me easily. Unfortunately, Pinkie Pie decided that at that exact moment, she should pretend to be a dog and started sniffing the dry grass.

My heart beat faster as I stood still and watched her move over to the tree that I was leaning back on just seconds before, and then slowly made her way to the brush. I knew that I'd been caught when she started sniffing the brush, but I stopped thinking for a few seconds like a moron and ran in the opposite direction of the group.

In my head, I should easily be able to outrun them, but this isn't in my head, it's a situation that I'm currently stuck in. What I failed to remember, is that I'm currently a colt, a pony child, whose legs are roughly ... six inches long I'd guess. Even if my legs were longer, how could I keep up with Rainbow Dash anyway? In mere seconds I was surrounded, and I could do nothing but stare at the ground as they gaped and stared at me.

"What's a colt doing out in the Everfree?" Applejack asked nobody in particular.

Fluttershy moved closer to me quietly and knelt low to the ground before speaking softly, "Hey, where are your parents, little guy?"

Being surrounded like this, all I could do was freeze further, essentially making myself rock-like. Maybe I ignorantly thought if I looked like a rock that they'd go away. When I didn't answer, they decided that I was more important than the dry grass and that I should be taken to Ponyville so they could find my parents. I highly doubted that my parents made the trip to Equestria with me. How would I even describe them in this case, them being humans and not ponies? Whoever I explained this too would likely think I was insane.

I had no choice but to follow them as Fluttershy easily swooped me up in her hooves and flew me off to the Ponyville General Hospital.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, he's completely unharmed." The doctor said, to which the main six breathed a sigh of relief. "Now, what were you doing in the Everfree Forest by yourself, young colt." He asked in the way a parent would scold their own child.

I could only reply with a, "I really don't know." That's all I could say, I don't know how I got here. Sure, I wished to go somewhere else, somewhere safe, but I didn't think that it would cause me to actually be teleported anywhere, let alone Equestria. Not that I regret making that wish, there was nothing but death and likely slavery for me back on Earth.

The doctor sighed through his nose and asked me if I knew my parent's names. "No sir." His eyes widened and he stepped back.

"Sir?" He asked, seemingly shocked.

Oh shit, I messed up again. I wasn't sure how I messed up though, so I just tried to fix it the best I could. Tilting my head and squinting with one eye, I fixed my statement.

"No..Doctor?" I tried.

"You're very well-mannered for a colt your age." The doctor said.

Now it was my turn to be caught off guard. The tone in his voice, bore something secretive, a secondary motive most likely. I realize that I'm on the weaker side of that battle, and changed the subject.

"How old am I?" I asked, causing everyone's ears to droop.

"You don't know how old you are?" Fluttershy asked, sadly.

Pinkie decided to interject at that moment and ask me when my birthday was. I don't know how the Equestrian calendar works and I doubt they go by the roman emperor standard we used on Earth.

"I don't know that either," I said, feeling their eyes bore through my skin and scratch at the flesh underneath.

"He wasn't that far into the Everfree, we could ask around town. Ah'm sure somepony knows him." Applejack suggested.

"I'll have to inform the Ministry of Foals that he currently has no legal guardian." The doctor informed sadly.

"Now hold on just a minute, let us ask around first. This could be just a big misunderstanding." Warned Applejack.

The doctor looked down in thought for a few seconds before agreeing, "I'll give you until nightfall."

"that's only a few hours, couldn't you give us a bit longer?" Twilight asked.

The doctor shook his head, "If I don't report him, someone else will. When they find out that I was his doctor and I didn't write out a report, they could suspend my license."

"I guess that makes sense." I finally spoke up. "Besides, nopony in Ponyville knows me. I doubt anypony in Equestria even knows me."

They were going to try anyway, but as they left, I couldn't help but notice the somber mood they had. I wish I could make it better, but lying to them would only make it worse. Besides, Applejack probably could tell If I was lying anyway.

Rainbow Dash kept taking glances at me as if I was on the verge of death or something. For just a brief second, I got a chance to make things better as Pinkie Pie gave me a pink cupcake with yellow and blue sprinkles.

I sprung into action immediately upon getting it. I lifted it into the air with a childish noise and stuffed my tiny mouth with frosting. To top it off, I began making nomming noises. The room for just a second was filled with giggles at my childish behavior and I thanked Pinkie for the cupcake.

Just before I was left alone in the room, I asked the doctor, "How old am I, do you think?"

The doctor was caught off guard by this after my humorous cupcake eating but answered anyway. "From getting a good look at you, you're roughly three or four years old."