• Published 7th Dec 2021
  • 285 Views, 2 Comments

Winds of a World Unknown - ImperialBlade



A stubborn Blitzle and a kind Deerling in equestria.

  • ...
 2
 285

Chapter 1

"Kadin hurry up, the weird Pokemon I saw are just over this hill!" An excitable black and white Pokemon named Blitzle, most resembling a small zebra with a zagged mohawk of a mane exclaimed. Her blue irises narrowed and she trotted back and forth impatiently, even though her friend was only a few paces behind.

"Are you sure we should be this far from your dazzle (zebra herd) and you know how they feel about Pokemon going near the eastern border Nora."

A green colored fawn Pokemon named Deerling which changes color depending on the season was her companion on this summer day, surrounded by lush flora and high trees which provided shade or places to rest for other Pokemon like Pidove and Emolga.

Together they made their way to the hill. Where bipedal creatures in odd grey clothing were walking around, eating, or shouting orders to other bipeds and Pokemon.

"Nora, those aren't Pokemon, those are humans and we shouldn't be anywhere near them."

"Oh don't be such a scaredy purloin. They don't look so tough besides those other Pokemon don't seem to mind.", Nora said.

"That's because they…", Kadin started but Nora was already moving away for a closer look. He sighed as he begrudgingly followed his friend.
____________________________________

Nora, despite being one of the stronger Blitzle in her dazzle, was seen as weak because she was friends with a Deerling and while Kaden's herd didn't mind the family of Blitzle and Zebstrika. They believed that Nora was soft and often criticized her dream of leaving the safety of the glade one day. Their two families more or less coexisted, with the Sawsbuck and Deerling capable of finding safe places with an abundance of food throughout the seasons and the Zebstrika and Blitzle acting as guardians as well as being able to predict storms before other Pokemon due to being electric type.
One thing that Kadin knew however is that both groups didn't like humans, he was told that they captured Pokemon in small devices slightly bigger than an oran berry then forced to fight for entertainment.

"I bet I could beat one of them. The dazzle would have to recognize my strength and see that I'm ready to leave the glade," Nora exclaimed with pride." Maybe two or three and you could come with me.

"As cool as that sounds, Nora, I really don't think we should mess with the humans."

Nora looked at Kadin, then at the ground in thought. . .

"You're right, I should take them by surprise."

"That's not what I…"

But Nora was once again on the move going around the edge of the clearing to find an opening closer to the encampment.

Despite knowing that being this close to humans was dangerous and that he could be captured or hurt, he couldn't let Nora go alone. Not only because he was her friend but going back to the glade without her would bring upon distrust and scrutiny between both their families.
No he definitely couldn't let her go alone.
____________________________________

Kadin caught up to Nora and they found a set of large tents near some bushes that they could use for cover.
Sometimes humans would walk in and out of these tents. The tents themselves were grey and rounded near the top, they were three times as big as the other tents within the vicinity and loomed over the two quadrupedal Pokemon.

"We shouldn't be here Nora."
Kadin would try one last time to get her to abandon this endeavor before anything happened. They had nosed their way under a gap of one of the large gray tents and were now behind some crates.
Nora shushed him and peered from behind the crate.

A pair of scientists raced around in a flurry of activity.

"Are you sure you double checked the capacitors," said scientist 1, a thin fellow with white facial hair and beard.

"I don't need to, I set them myself instead of making the grunts do it," scientist 2 growled back. A short roundish man with black hair and a devil may care expression. The device should hold enough energy power to Nimbasa City for a month and the stupid thing won't even turn on.

Scientist 1- Well it better at least turn a lightbulb on before the Sages get here tomorrow or they'll drop our funding so fast our heads will spin.

Scientist 2- Speaking of lightbulbs, you think that idiot grunt remembered to plug it in. He said while holding up a limp cable.

They both looked at each other for a moment before rushing out of the tent to find said grunt.
____________________________________

Nora and Kadin crept out from their cover and stared at the device which looked like a cube with intricate design.

They both wore puzzled expressions as they pondered what the cube could be; was it a Pokemon, they had heard tales of Pokemon being reborn from stone, or maybe it was the capturing device they had heard to be wary of.


Outside above the encampment the sky began to darken and form turbulent winds and sinister clouds. Below, humans and Pokemon alike noticed this and scrambled to prepare for what looked to be a violent summer storm.

Nora pawed the ground in frustration and also noticed Kadin watching her mane; it was flashing.

"Nora, we should get back to the glade now ,a storm is coming, they'll be worried if we don't come back before the rain starts."

Nora turned to Kadin and paused for a moment before saying.

"Maybe you're right. That box isn't that interesting anyway, but this storm is weird. One this big, even a flash flood, would have warned me earlier but according to what I'm feeling. . .it's already started."

Both Pokemon wore surprised then puzzled expressions for a moment before starting for their makeshift entrance.

Kadin released a relieved sigh under his breath so that Nora wouldn't hear. He was glad they could finally get out of here

With their backs turned to the cube they didn't notice as it began to levitate and radiate a soft blue glow. It began to rotate slowly at first, then it began to pick up speed; It started to hum and the lights inside the tent popped and blew.

It was at this point that Nora and Kadin turned around and witnessed the cube as it began to spin faster and the light it emitted grew brighter and turned an ominous red. The friends turned to run. The cube stopped spinning and slammed into the ground and sent forth a wave of light that enveloped them both.

The light faded, the cube and the two Pokemon vanished. Outside, the storm had dissipated seemingly leaving as fast as it had come. The people and Pokemon in the encampment below were left confused, but quickly got back to work thinking the stunted storm was a fluke.