• ...
 2
 622

Chapter 9: Insurgence

We got to the equipment room, and I was surprised. They had a vast array of weapons, from 9mm pistols to Desert Eagles to Semi-Automatic micro Uzis to Ak-47s. I could not believe it.

"Right." Agent Strike said as we all settled down. "Everybody suit up. Agent Grey, you are the driver, you will be playing the kidnapper. Violet, you're with him. The rest of you will be on comms and perimeter watch. We mobilise on the word Settle. Agent Grey will say it once he has a positive ID on Solomon. Take what you think you'll need. That goes for Violet as well. Put a Kevlar vest on underneath your jacket."

I nodded and headed straight for a 9mm Parabellum. My father nodded and tossed me a shoulder holster for it. I put it on after putting on a Kevlar vest as I was told and slipped the weapon into it. I took a switchblade as well and tucked it into the outer right pocket of my jacket. It would come in handy once we were inside.

Once again, my hands were tied , though they were in front this time, and I was back in the back of the black van. We were on the move toward the factory now, where we would either succeed or all hell would break loose.

__________________________________________

Ten minutes later, my father turned to me.

"Alright Vi, we're ten minutes out. You ready?" he asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be. Are you?" I replied.

"I'm ready. Let me call it in." my father said. "Victim to Bounty Hunter, come in, over."

"We read you, Victim. What's your status, over?" Agent Strike replied on the earpieces my father and I had.

"We're ten minutes out, permission to proceed, over." my dad said.

"Ten-four. Proceed with caution. Once inside, we will have to maintain radio silence. You're on your own, over." Agent Strike replied. My father looked in the rear view mirror and I nodded.

"Roger that. Over and out." my father replied and took out his earpiece, leaving the microphone hidden in his jacket sleeve. I took mine out as well and reached into my jacket pocket and retrieved the switchblade, ready to cut the rope around my wrists.

We pulled up to the gate and were let through without any commotion.

'So far so good.' i thought to myself as we pulled up to the delivery entrance for the factory. My father pulled to a stop and climbed out. He came to the back doors of the van and opened them.

"Sorry for this, Vi, but I'm going to have to be a bit rough." my father said as he yanked me out of the van and put me over his shoulder. I pretended to kick and scream. "That's it, Vi. Make it seem like the real thing." My father walked into the factory, hoping to not be identified, but he looked completely different to how he was back then. We were directed to one of the offices in the back, where two men were waiting with about a hundred armed men and women. I didn't like our chances.

"I've got a delivery for you, sir." my father said with the same megalomanic tone that Scissor used. It made me downright shiver to hear it again.

"You're late, Scissor. What happened?" one of the men asked.

"We ran into some cop trouble. Had to wait them out." my father replied.

"Oh, keep quiet, Smith." the other man said. I would assume that he was the boss, Mr. Solomon. My dad made the connection as well. "The job was done."

My father put me down on a chair that was waiting and tied my hands behind it.

"Wait for the signal, then start cutting." my father whispered into my ear. I nodded slightly, so only he would see it. He then turned to the men and pointed at the man we thought was Solomon. "I take it from the sound of your voice that you are Mr. Solomon?" he asked.

"That is correct." he replied.

"So. How about we get rid of the welcoming party. We have nothing to do with them." my father said, not merely suggesting. Mr. Solomon nodded and the armed men and women left. My father waited a few minutes before he spoke again. "Now. We have a money issue to settle." he said, subtly using the call to action.

"Yes. I believe we do." Mr. Solomon said. Just as he said that, the factory was shaken by a number of explosions and the entry of more than a hundred FBI and DEA agents as well as members of the Canterlot Police Department, including Captain Tirek. I had expertly cut my bonds already and joined my father in aiming a weapon at Solomon and Smith. They both had their hands in the air. There were gunshots all around us as the men and women made their rounds of arrests. Agent Strike joined us, as well as my mother and Oak, Oak holding a shotgun.

"Robert Solomon, Gerald Smith. You are under arrest for drug possession, drug distribution, the abduction of the daughter of Agent Grey Enigma and conspiracy to commit murder." Agent Strike said, handing me a pair of handcuffs and going to cuff Mr. Smith. I followed him and made to cuff Mr. Solomon, but he grabbed me at the last minute, taking my gun and pointing it to my head.

"Don't come any closer." Solomon said. Everyone backed off, including Oak. I winked at him and slowly reached into my jacket pocket for the switchblade from earlier. I flicked it open and jammed it in his leg. He howled with pain and threw me. His howl of pain caused Oak to chuckle. "Is something funny, you little bastard?" Solomon asked as he pointed my gun at Oak. I saw it coming and ran to Oak, covering him as Solomon shot at him. The bullet missed the Kevlar and ended up in my side.

"Violet, no!" Oak said as he caught me in mid air. "What did ya do that fer?"

"I couldn't let you die. Not while I could protect you. You didn't have a vest. I thought his shot would hit where the Kevlar is the thickest, but I was wrong." I said. I lost consciousness as Agent Strike called for medical assistance, Oak screaming my name the whole time. I saw my father football tackle Solomon from the side as I lost consciousness.

__________________________________________

It was the day following the operation that brought down one of the biggest cartels in the country. We made it happen, but at a price. Violet had been shot, and it was my fault.

"Some boyfriend I am." I said to myself, not thinking that Violet's parents could hear me.

"Hey. Don't think like that, kiddo. It wasn't your fault." Mr. Enigma said.

"But it is. Ah was dumb enough ta go in without a vest. Ah might never see her again because of a stupid error on mah part." I said, breaking down for the second time since the incident. Just then, doctor Task walked in.

"I've done what I could. The bullet missed most of her vital organs. She's stable and in a sedated sleep. You can go see her now." doctor Task said.

"Thank you Doctor." Mr. Enigma said. I just nodded, not trusting my voice right now. Doctor Task led us to where Violet was laying on a bed. As the doctor had said, she was asleep. I went to take a seat next to her bed and held one of her hands in mine. Just then, my cell phone rang. I took it out of my pocket to see that it was a Bright Mac again. I passed the phone to Mrs. Enigma, a silent question in my eyes, one that she happily obliged.

"Hello, Bright Mac. Yes, it's Mrs. Enigma. I know they were supposed to be there today, but there has been an altercation. Violet is in the hospital. She's still unconscious. I don't think it's a good idea for you to come now, she needs her rest. I'll get Oak to call you when she's out. Okay. Bye now.'' She ended the call and handed me my phone.

"Thank you." I said, my voice cracking.

"No problem, Oak." Mrs. Enigma said

"Hey Oak. You know it's Vi's birthday in a few days, right?" Mr. Enigma asked.

"Yes sir. We had plans for then." I replied.

"Well, so did we. We need to go and set a few things up. Will you stay here with her?" Mrs. Enigma asked.

"Sure. It will be mah pleasure." I replied.

"Great. Agent Strike will be over here in a bit to drop off her license. She passed without even going for the test." Mr. Enigma said with a wink. It caused me to chuckle. They left and I spent the time looking over the sleeping form of my girlfriend. Seeing her laid up like this, brought fresh tears to my eyes.

"I hope those aren't for me?" she suddenly asked, causing me to gasp in surprise.

"Violet. You scared the crap outta me, but at least yer okay." I said, giving her hand a squeeze. She squeezed in return.

"Yeah. I'm in pain, but I've had worse." she replied. I leaned over and gave her a kiss, and she kissed me back with ferocious passion. We've come a long way since we started dating two months ago.