• Published 21st Aug 2021
  • 611 Views, 3 Comments

Twilight & Sunset’s Big Fat Holiday Trip - Lonely Fanboy48



Twilight and Sunset go on a journey with the Rainbooms and Water Lily’s family to Dimondia town where the Hearth's Warming festival is at.

  • ...
4
 3
 611

The Glamorous Express

Rarity, Applejack, Starlight, Trixie, Granny Smith and Victoria took the third trail after splitting up from the group. Soon they walked up a hill, taking the higher route than what the other groups took. Applejack had been carrying all the luggage since they left, but she soon dropped a few accessories.

“Dang it!” She stopped herself.

Starlight picked up a few clothes that were dropped. “Are you sure this was a good idea?” She wondered.

“Because darling, if we take this trail, there’s a train station up here.” Rarity answered.

“Rarity, as much as I agree with you, do you really think there’s going to be a train waiting up there?” Victoria called.

“Especially if it’s gonna take us to Dimondia town.” Granny Smith added.

“I’ve seen the map on Sunny’s phone, granted we may have to wait when it comes, but it will be worth it.” Rarity can see a roof on top of the hill. “It seems we’re gonna find out soon.”

When they got to the top, they saw the train station but no train had arrived. “Well, you're right on that but…” Trixe walking up to Rarity. “There’s no ride for us.”

The country girl checked the rails from the left and right with no train in sight. “You think we should come back and take the other trails?” She turned to Rarity. “We can try to catch up to the other groups.”

The Fashionista would take her friend’s word but on the other hand, she picked this trail while leading her group. “No.” She answered. “I don’t want you to carry everything while walking.”

“I have super strength. Just dropping a few things is the problem.”

“And we can still pick them up.” Starlight added.

“I can guarantee us as passengers, the engine driver will be welcome to allow us in, including our luggage.” Rarity smiled.

Both Victoria and Granny Smith checked the rails while also looking in both directions. It’s a possibility it will take them to Dimondia town, but the train might go in the opposite direction. “I don’t know, we could be here all day while missing the festival.” Granny replied.

“Wait.” Victoria looked closely to the left. “I can see steam.”

“Steam?” Starlight looking at the rail to the left.

Soon a horn sounded. “Looks like we made it in time.” Applejack commented.

“Yep, I’m a genius.” Rarity smiled.

Soon enough, they hear the train’s horn louder while seeing the green train with railroad cars installed behind. The train itself stops at the station, with Rarity’s group heading to the railroad doors. After paying the engine driver, they went to the second class while he helped Applejack with the luggage.

“Thankfully the others will meet us when we get there.” Starlight replied.

“Then again, it’s actually sad they’re taking longer trails on foot.” Victoria added.

“Relax.” Rarity said. “At least when we get to Dimondia town, we can do our plans ahead of time.”

After getting out of the first class in the train, they enter the second class. When Rarity checked what's inside, she witnessed two passengers sitting together. One with purple hair similar to hers while the other used gel, multiple colors then one.

“There’s only two people in here?” Trixie asked.

“Seems like there’s not a lot of people who take the train around here.” Granny Smith added.

When the girl placed her phone on the table, she saw Rarity face to face. “OH MY HEAVENS!” She squealed while standing up.

“Pipp, not in here, we’re gonna get kicked out.” Her sister jumped from the reaction.

“Sorry Zipp, it’s just...RARITY IS HERE!”

Rarity became momentarily deaf after that scream, but soon regained her hearing. “Please don’t ever scream with that volume again.”

“You almost broke my ear drums, you loud simpleton.” Granny Smith fetched her earplugs out of her pocket. “I’m definitely taking the third class.”

“I’ll join you.” Victoria followed from behind.

When Starlight and Trixie sat together, Rarity sat by herself, in front of Pipp and Zipp, waiting for her friend to come in while saving a seat for her. It took the time Applejack had to put all the luggage in the back. When the engine driver got back inside the train, he sounded the horn, with the train eventually moving for the next station.

“I’m back.” Applejack entering the second class. She saw Rarity saving a seat for her as she accepted her generosity. “Should we text the others that we’re taking the train?”

“I don’t think so.” Rarity looking out the window. “It would be better to wait until we get there.”

“What’s so important about your trip?” Zipp wondered.

“Well, we as the Rainbooms are gonna perform at Dimondia town for the Hearth’s Warming festival.”

“No need to explain.” Pipp smirked. “Once I knew about that, me and my sister agreed to have our holiday day off at Dimondia town.”

In a moment that became soft and quiet, Rarity took it nicely with Pipp. “Who are you two?”

“I’m Zipp Storm.” Zipp introduced herself. “And she’s my sister Pipp Petals.”

Applejack found it odd to see two sisters who one is interested in glamour, while the other is like Rainbow Dash, gelled hair and all. “Have you two ever had something in common?” She wondered. “One of our friends is athletic like you.”

“Don’t play rookie to me, I know who you are after watching your videos as part of the Rainbooms.” Zipp replied. “If anything, I’m actually looking forward to meeting Rainbow Dash.”

“Keep your hopes up sister.” Pipp turned to her sister. “When Rainbow Dash sees you, give her your style of an alethic attitude.”

Rarity and Applejack completely forgot that Princess Twilight took Pony Dash with her, as if it could lead to more confusion. “You don’t say.” Rarity making an awkward smile.

“Anyway, I’ve watched all of your fashion videos.” Pipp leaning towards her favorite Rainboom. “It would be great to become fashion partners before we part ways.”

“Okay, let’s think this through.” The Fashionista leaned back. “I don’t usually give fans a chance to be partners with me.”

“Not only that, aside from our performance, we’re going to the festival for ourselves.” Applejack filling in. “This is also our holiday to enjoy.”

Pipp wished her fantasy would come to life, but after getting denied, it won’t be the same when Rarity leaves after the festival. She looked down at her phone, not making any eye contact with anyone.

“Well that’s a shame.” She acted casually. “If only we did a live stream together, that would put us on top of the social media web.”

The Fashionista didn’t falter from Pipp’s tone of voice. “Not to be rude, but I’ve spoken that tone so many times. But it doesn’t work on me.”

“It’s fine.” Pipp looked straight at Rarity. “It’s still a shame that my three hundred thousand followers won’t see us be a team together.”

Unfortunately for her, Rarity wasn’t phased at all, nor even into Pipp’s offer. “Rarity has seven hundred thousand followers.” Applejack commented while it caused Pipp to drop her phone on the table with her jaw dropped.

“Seven...hundred...thousand...followers!?” Zipp blinked.

“If you still don’t believe me, I would’ve given you the offer.” Rarity commented.

“I’m four hundred thousand followers behind...” Pipp’s eye twitching.

“Don’t collapse in fashion disappointment, it’s not gonna ruin your day.”

Meanwhile, Starlight and Trixie hear everything from her friends and the sisters. They would offer to help out but it’s better for them to work it out on themselves. When Starlight entered into the Mirror World, she was curious to know who Trixie’s counterpart would look like, especially when she listened to Sunset about everything that happened between her and the magician.

“So, uhhh…” Starlight trying to make a move.

“For the record, I’m only coming to hang out with Twilight.” Trixie looking through the window. “I couldn’t care less if the princess brought more of her friends along.”

“Hey, how am I supposed to know we would end up like this?”

“I never wanted to walk to begin with, Dimondia town will be nothing without the Great and Powerful Trixie!”

Starlight knew she would hear her catchphrase eventually, but she heard that so many times back in Equestria, it wasn’t new anymore. “Trixie, if you really wanted to have a great time at the festival, would it kill you to hang out with someone?”

“My band members aren’t with me, and in case you haven’t noticed, I’m only friends with Sunset. Everyone else, not even close.” As Trixie saw trees outside while the train was moving, she then later sighed of her plans to bring less than before. “I only came along to do something different for a change.”

“Have you ever gone on a trip, aside from Camp Everfree?”

“Not really.” This made Starlight surprised, knowing how much her friend had a mobile home in her life. “Some day, when I graduate from college, I want to drive to different places outside of Canterlot City to perform my magic acts in front of the masses.”

Starlight had always performed with her friend during her travels in Equestria. But knowing how different this world is, Trixie isn’t the same when she has a roof over her head. A roof that isn’t the same from Equestria.

“Dimondia Town must be important to you huh?”

“We don’t know what the town’s gonna be like. But I know there’s a hundred people there.”

“If you think about it before we arrive there, I can be your magic act partner.”

Then the magician turned her head after receiving such an offer. “You would?”

“Yes.” Starlight smiled. “In case you haven’t known this, one of my friends is actually named Trixie.”

Trixie’s eyes shot right open when he heard that Starlight’s friend is her counterpart. “How haven’t I learned about this sooner!?” He leaned close to Starlight.

“We keep our Equestrian selves and our friends there low profile when we’re here.” Starlight makes an awkward smile only for Trixie to wrap her arm around her shoulder.

“I think we’re gonna have a big audience together.”

“Just like in Equestria…although I haven’t met you until now.”

Trixie then grinned from Starlight’s choice of words. “Then let’s prepare our first performance, magic partner.”