• Published 15th Nov 2022
  • 218 Views, 3 Comments

Samneo: The Earth Pony DX - Samuel-Neocros



Starlight went to get some fresh air, when a comet suddenly crashes in the yard, leaving a mystery stallion in the impact. He's taken into the care of everypony, where he reveals a secret power.

  • ...
 3
 218

6: A Day with Rainbow Dash

It had been only a day since his defeat. Slaughter was slithering through the tall grass in an open field, completely and utterly baffled at how easily Green was able to get him on the run.

He hissed to himself as Slaughter dug his clawed fingers into the dirt to pull himself across the ground, grunting every time he hit a rock as he did so. His legs kicked against the ground, trying to give himself a boost in crawl speed. He looked up to see a nearby tree, and decided he'll sleep there until he's well enough to reach the cave. Slaughter bite his lip. "This is going to be a long day..."

As he approached the tree, he thought to himself about his failure. His two favorite girls would've been the beginning, with the others joining after seeing their friends going quiet. If only...

"That... scumbag..." He hissed under his breath. "If he hadn't pulled a power from his ass... it would've been easy as cake..."

Normally he was able to climb up faster than a black bear, but due to his low mood, he ended up making it harder on himself. After a lengthy climb, he was hidden inside the leaves. Slaughter began resting on a branch, taking a break from the long trip. He stared out at the land through the foliage. While he had a blank gaze, he thought of how he was going to get revenge for having his quest get cut short.

"Webbing the girls will be easy... but that boy, he's a different beast." He thought. "How can I beat him if the idiot can transform? He can render my webs useless! Actually-I don't know that."

He yawned as his eyes closed halfway. Aside from trying to figure out how to counter Green, he also was planning on making a base in the tree, but knowing himself, he probably wasn't going to get around to it. Slaughter felt sleepy, having not slept in a few days. He decided to throw in the towel for the week, and closed his eyes to slumber.


Green was getting used to the castle's layout, being able to find the exit was a blessing for him. What still baffled him though was his ability to 'sense' Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy yesterday. He was still unsure about it, but didn't lose too much sleep from it. He was talking with Spike, as Green was curious as to what the dragons were doing, which prompted Spike to leave earlier that day. Spike explained his adventure with a dragoness named Ember, who had now become the new ruler of the dragons.

"Huh... so Ember has become the new princess?" He thought. Though he never heard of Ember, he took Spike's word for her personality and such.

"Say... Green? How is it that the dragon lord's call didn't happen to you? You can transform into a dragon, don't you think that when the lord's call came, you would be forced to answer it like me?"

The earth pony paused. He was right, he felt nothing when the call came to Spike. He was confused by this, but also felt relief as if there was anything Spike has shown him, it would've been the worst feeling he's felt since getting here.

"Actually... yeah, How is it that I didn't..." He trailed off. Green glanced over, and spotted Rainbow Dash hovering next to the front door. As he stared at Dash, Spike ran over to Twilight, who he brought up the details of Green not being affected by the call. Twilight Sparkle seemed equally as confused as he was. Green watched as Dash flew out the door.

"I'm not sure why Green isn't affected by the call. Since we know little of Green right now, this only baffles me more." Twilight rubbed her chin as she stared at the window. The earth pony didn't pay too much attention to her words though, for that he sensed something again. He was aware of the weird things he had experienced up until this point, the second heartbeat, his ability to transform, and that weird vision he had when observing the crash site. However, he sensed something new when seeing Rainbow Dash.

There was something oddly familiar with her shape, her silhouette and colors seemed to ring a bell, but when he tried to pinpoint it, he couldn't find a reason inside. Part of him wanted to follow Rainbow Dash, to hopefully gather more information, but he didn't know how to explain it, let alone strike up a conversation. Feeling overwhelmed by this, he went down the hallway to return to his bedroom.

...

Green was laying in bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. He had no idea why he was feeling this way toward someone he only met a few days ago. It confused him and left the pony feeling completely lost. He decided to see if he could remember anything from his past, only to hit another brick wall. Green gave up and just laid there, breathing as he felt his stomach grumble.

Sighing with relative sadness, he felt disappointed in himself. Outside of not remembering anything, he hadn't really eaten breakfast. He could have, but he didn't. Breakfast reminded him of Twilight, Spike and Starlight. He realized another thing, he hadn't told them about the purple entity in his nightmares.

Turning over to his side, he stared at the wall. He noticed a painting on it, which was a depiction of the two alicorns of the sun and moon. He didn't really know them, but he thought the painting looked nice. The colors blended together nicely and it was eye-candy to him, especially... the rain...bows...

Wait...

He sat up, the gears in his head turning.

"Perhaps I must've met her before. No, she doesn't know me... unless," Green turned to the side, staring at the wall as he thought more. "maybe I've... seen her before? But she never met me? Maybe this has something to do with my previous life..."

Suddenly, the more he thought of her, he felt a familiar beat inside him, one that was alongside his usual heart rate. It was the second heartbeat!

He was confused as to why it was happening again, especially since he wasn't transformed. However, he quickly realized what might be causing this, even if he wasn't 100% sure on it.

After a few minutes of thinking to himself, he got out of bed and went to see Rainbow Dash.


Slaughter grumbled to himself as he started making threads to build the foundation, feeling a bit peeved he was only able to nap. He self taught himself in the art of making spider webs, and tried making huge webs before to moderate success. Granted, they stood out like soar thumbs, so he'd build them inside a hole or in the dark, to make them less obvious to any unfortunate female prey who stumbled into his tight webs.

His desire for women was never ending, which made it agonizing for him to have to wait for anyone to fly into his web. To distract himself, he decided to remember all the times he had temporary homes. Whenever he would need to move location, he'd let any prey go afterward, mostly since it was a pain to have to carry them around everywhere he went.

Even he felt hungry as he thought of their squirming bodies trapped inside his cocoons. He groaned to himself, since he forgot to drink the two girls' blood when he was at the cottage. He won't die from starvation, but he would be in a world of pain after a month of not eating. It was then Slaughter heard some rustling down below, making him stop his work for a second. He turned invisible so he didn't get spotted, and scanned the area down below. The gift that came with having mantis-like eyes was he had excellent vision, seeing even the tiniest detail.

A small bunny tail peaked out from behind the brush, which told him everything he needed to know. He didn't like catching regular animals, for that he preferred intelligent life, it was part of the thrill of dominating his prey, but an animal doesn't have the brain power to realize they're no longer free from his silky threads. Unfortunately he was so hungry, he started to consider having rabbit stew.

Slaughter considered himself insane, but part of him was fearful of drinking something that wasn't on the same level as him. What he decided to do instead was to look for new prey. What stumped him though was where in the hell he was going to get some without much challenge?


Once outside, Green looked around, desperately searching for Rainbow Dash. He had hoped she was right there at the entrance, but he didn't realize how active she was until now. He scanned his eyes across the sky, hoping to see her flying.

It didn't take long to spot her flying over some houses, and he took off after her. He passed a few ponies as he tried to keep up with her. Green remembered her silhouette somewhere, even before awakening, but the origin was hard to pinpoint. With little understanding of his past, him knowing about her vaguely could mean anything.

When he got close, he called out to her. "Rainbow Dash!"

Rainbow Dash glanced down at the ground below her, and noticed a certain tan colored pony below her. "Green?"

Dash swooped down, and landed near him. She was curious as to why he's here, out in the open. Green usually stayed inside the castle, and rarely went out. Whenever he did, he would have a reason.

"What's up, Green?" She asked, which made him stutter. What was he supposed to say? Should he come up with an excuse? Or tell her that a second heartbeat signaled him to follow her?

"No! She'll think I'm crazy!" He thought, as Green was having trouble on what to say, which made him feel a twinge of anxiousness.

"Uh…Green?" She asked again, prompting him to glance up at her, with a rather intense stare.

"I-I uh... I was... was fo-observing? From a distance..." He tried to not look nervous, but he was. Rainbow blinked.

"Observing what?"

"Uhm... y-... you?" He replied nervously, cringing deep inside over the obviously dumb move he made. He wasn't sure whether to smile awkwardly or frown profusely at his mistake. Rainbow was left even more puzzled, but with her pride, she smirked.

"Like how awesome I am?" She teased. Breathing a mental sigh of relief, he managed to find an excuse.

"W-what i-if... uh.. Slaughter might come back, I mean.. let's not forgot the fact he retreated. Sooo... mind if I tag along? I do feel bored inside the castle." Part of him was screaming for him to stop, but the second heartbeat told him to keep going. It had quieted down a little as he stayed with her.

"Uh...alright," Dash said, unsure what to make of it all. Green felt a sense of happiness within him, causing him to smile. Little did he know, he wasn't the only one feeling such emotion. The two decided to go to the park. Rainbow would notice him glance at her every now and then, seeing a rather intense look in his eyes.

The happiness inside Green soon turns into a warm, fuzzy feeling whenever he glances at the pony hovering next to him. Rainbow Dash decided to break the brief silence between the two

"So.. how've you been?"

Green honestly didn't know how to respond. In the days he's been here, he didn't exactly socialize much, since he was too busy obsessing over what he can't remember.

"W-well.. er... I.. don't know..." He uttered.

"Don't know?" She asked, curiously.

"I've.. been too worried over my past life..."

"It's alright, I'm sure you'll remember yourself eventually." She assures the earth pony. The second heartbeat started to become more steady, He smiled a little from it, and looked over to Dash.

"Thank you..."

"It would be cool if your memories came back, especially how you're able to turn into a dragon!"

For a moment, he felt more confident to speak to her about his deja vu. He glanced up at her, and found the words to tell her.

"So uhm.. Have we met before…?" He asked, and he quickly felt stupid for not adding context at the start. Rainbow Dash looked at him, a little confused as to what he meant.

"Huh? Of course we met over a week ago. Why do you ask?"

"I-I… I ask because, I feel like… before waking up, you are very familiar to me, but I don't know why." He explained, surprised he was able to get it in one go. Now Dash was very confused. Green sighed. "I thought I remembered something this morning… and I wish I knew the context… but it feels as if I met you, before I came here..."

"Wait, what? Really?"

He nodded.

"Hmm…well, I know for a fact we didn't meet before, unless you happen to be one of my many fans…" She said, putting a hoof to her chin. "I have many fans who vaguely resemble you, but I've never met a cutie mark-less fan."

As they stood there awkwardly, he glanced at a painter nearby. The pony held a paintbrush with his mouth, while a mare was sitting on a chair in front of him. Green squinted his eyes to see better. Things were blurry from a distance, but fortunately they were close enough to where he made out the brush and canvas. However, the more he thought of the mare, and the canvas, his mind started to remember something he hadn't before.

Suddenly, Green felt something come across his mind, a series of vague images of a cyan figure with multicolored hair, along with multicolored hair. It didn't take long for him to realize it was Rainbow Dash!

When Dash turned to look at him, her eyes widened and her mouth went agape. His eyes were glowing white, with no pupils visible.

"Woah!" She hovered back slightly, and as soon as it came, the glowing eyes faded back to Green's normal emerald colored ones. He just stood there for a few seconds, realizing something he thought he wouldn't have before.

"Green! Your eyes were white for a moment!" Rainbow exclaimed, causing Green to gasp quietly to himself.

"I did?" He asked. Green had to process what had happened, and was too afraid to say anything in fear of falling flat on his face. After a few moments, Rainbow Dash rubbed the back of her neck nervously.

"Your eyes were glowing too, like you were possessed or something!" She was surprised to see him act so oblivious to it. Green had remembered seeing artwork of Rainbow Dash, within some kind of gallery, but it wasn't like the one in the library, it was on a flat plain and the art seemingly moved upward like a scroll. It was freaky and strange, yet at the same time he felt there was some context that he just didn't have at the moment. He had no idea how to explain this to Dash, but he decided to just mention one thing.

"I believe I remembered something." He started, making Dash's ears perk up. "Perhaps.. the reason you're familiar.. is because I saw some artwork of you."

Rainbow Dash's eyes widened, and asked, "Really? Where?"

"I don't remember... all I can see is you on a canvas... I think." He was disappointed he couldn't say much more, but it was already enough to get Rainbow Dash excited.

"Wait, so does that mean somepony painted art for me? Awesome!"

He nervously rubbed the back of his head, as he thought to himself, "Uh... yeah."


In the tree, Slaughter had managed to finish making a small web, or at least relative to his size. It was still massive to the average sized pony, but for him, he made much bigger webs before.

"This will certainly keep a female restrained." He thought to himself. With this, he laid down on it like a hammock. Despite his rumbling belly inside his body, he couldn't get anything or anyone to feast on, and he didn't care to get out of the comfortable bed. His powers allowed him to create several different types of web, and the type he was using for his hammock was soft and comfy.

At least now, he could get some shut eye for now...

Author's Note:

ngl, this was kind of a filler chapter, even in the original, though it had Neocros speaking to Green in the OG version, I wanted to do a slightly different route with this one, having the second heartbeat being an indicator of Neocros.

The reason I didn't have him talk to Green is because Neocros was suppose to be asleep, it's the entire point of the villains wanting them to not retrieve their memories since Mol... I'm getting ahead of myself.

With all that being said, this one is alright, I guess. There was going to be a second battle against Slaughter in this new version, which is a recycled idea from the beta version. Much like the 6th episode of the 2017 edition, the beta version of episode 6 didn't lead to much, aside from some shit happening that felt a little pointless. You'll see when I link the beta version at a later date.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment