• Published 24th Aug 2021
  • 4,790 Views, 280 Comments

Anon-A-Miss: New Student - vvHunterr

  • ...
21
 280
 4,790

Life of Owen Pace

Logan and Abigail sat on the front row. There was also an old woman and man in the same row, and a younger man. He was the same one who had been interviewd on the news. These were all Owen's closest familes. His parents, brother, son, and wife. Logan wore a black suit and tie and so did most other people there. Abigial wore a formal black skirt, she also had a handkerchief as she wiped her tears from her eyes. Sunset was there too. She like Abigial wore a black skirt. Logan had insisted to Sunset that she stayed back at the house and rest but Sunset wanted to go. She told him that showing up to Owen's funeral was the least she could do to pay him back for letting her stay at the house. Sunset sat in the third row, which was where Owen's closest friends were. The younger man in the front row stepped foward infront of the coffin and spoke.


"Good evening everyone. Today we will remember the life of Owen Pace. A few days ago, he was shot and killed on his very front porch and he never made it." The people watching were silently crying. The man continued. "My brother...He had always been there for me..." He was having trouble talking as they were interrupted by abrupt sobs. "Growing up...we did everything together. I remember we went to the same school and others would pick on me. But Owen would always stand up for me. He always made sure I felt safe, happy and at home. I would always recall him saying to me, 'Oscar. I know life can make you feel down. But the best thing you can do is keep going and never give up. I will be forever grateful for what he's done for me. He will always be the best big brother I ever had."


He sat back down and it was the old woman's turn to speak. She looked like she had been crying more than Oscar.
"My first baby..." the old woman started to sob as she wiped her tears with her handekerchief. "My first baby had always been a little rascal. Always getting into all kinds of touble, but even with all that he had a big heart. A heart of gold. He made others smile during the hardest times, he always made everything better and his laugh...they would make even the most stubborn people smile. I know I can't have my baby back, but I do miss him very much!" The old woman sobbed as she went back to her seat.


Now it was Abigial's turn to speak. She got up from her seat and went to the front. Tears welled up in her eyes as she knew that this would be the last time she would see Owen. After a few seconds, she find herself with enough confidence to speak.


"When I first met Owen at Abigial's I saw something. I saw a sparkle shine in his eyes, and I thought to myself, maybe he's a good person. But I was wrong. He wasn't a good person. He was an amazing man who loved me dearly and I love him too with all my heart! I always enjoyed his company. Even after a hard day at work, he would always make me feel at ease and reassure everything was going to be ok. I miss him so much! so I had put together a video montage. I hope you'll enjoy it."


Abigail played the montage on the projection screen and it began to play.


The first image showed Owen as a baby being held by his parents. He had a joyful expression on his face and so did his parents.


The next slide showed Owen playing tag with his younger brother, Oscar. From the looks of it, they were both laughing and having a great time. The next slide showed Owen as a 6 year old with a backpack on. There was a caption underneath it. "First day of school!"


the next slides showed Owen as he progressed throughout the school years. There were pictures of him playing football, having fun with his friends, and just having a blast.


After the high school memories, there was now the college. It showed Owen as he progressed throughout the years and him graduating and holding his degree. His friends cheering for him and his parents giving him a big hug.


After that, the next slide showed Owen and Abigial on the beach together. It showed Owen kneeling down and proposing to Abigail. Abigial watched the montage and felt herself on the verge of tears. She remembered that special day. after the beach slide, showed Owen and Abigail kissing on thier wedding day. This was too much for Abigial as she started to cry like a baby. Logan noticed and started to comfort his mother. He too felt a sadness in him. He looked back at the montage. Abigail and Owen looked so young...


The slide after that showed Owen holding Logan as a 2 year old baby and giving him a shoulder ride. It also showed Logan coverting his father's eyes.


"Awwww" Sunset gasped in adorableness. Logan blushed when he heard Sunset. After that, it showed Owen making a funny face towards a 4 year old Logan and making him laugh, playing catch with him, and many more happy memories. After a few more slides, the last slide showed them in the recent past. Logan, Abigial, and Owen in a family picture. Then the montage ended. After turning off the video, it was time for the gathering. They went into the next room and got thier plates and gathered thier food. Abigail was mingling with her friends and Logan sat down at the table Sunset was at.


"You know...I gotta admit. I do appreciate you coming with us. You really didn't have to,"


"Come on, it was the least I could do." Sunset said with a smile.


"Oh and by the way, I heard Gilda and her gang are gettign a long sentence, so you don't have to worry about them anymore."


Sunset felt happy knowing she would finally be safe.


"And how's your neck by the way?" Logan asked. Sunset touched where the chip had been lodged. There was still a bit of pain in it, but at least it was gone.


"It's feeling a lot better, thanks." she smiled but her smile soon started to fade. Logan noticed and asked.


"Sunset...are you ok?"


Logan saw Sunset beginning to sob.


"Was it...something I said?"


Sunset shook her head. "Logan...how would you react if I told you...I'm different?"


"Sunset, baby. I already know you're different. Everyone's different. No two people are the same." Logan said. But Sunset shook her head again.


"I mean, what if I told you...that I'm not actually from here...and I'm actually somethign else..."


Logan was confused from what Sunset was saying. "Perhaps you can explain more about to me tomorrow?"


"Alright. I can do that." Sunset said. Logan gave her a comforting hug and they ate.

Author's Note:

We're almost done! Just stay with me! I also have another story already in mind. Not another Anon-A-Miss but I think you will enjoy it too! Before I finish this fanfic, I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has been with me when I first started writing. All of you are amazing and I appreciate the fact you took the time to read it and comment on it. I'm going to be honest. I had never thought I would make it this far, but none of it wouldn't have been possible without your support! Again. Thank you very much! :D