• Published 5th Aug 2021
  • 1,697 Views, 110 Comments

Guardians of Harmony: Rise of the Knights - Postwarmonkey50

  • ...
8
 110
 1,697

Chapter 17: The Great Battle part 1

Dawn had slowly begun to approach everyone asleep in their tents. But soon enough, every creature from every tent began to wake up and got to their armor. Each of them began to wear them on their shins, knees, thighs, chest, back, shoulders, and wrists. Then some began to put war paint on their faces, while some would put on their helmets. Once that’s done, many had taken up arms. They were armed with shields, spears, swords, axes, maces, bows, arrows, dual swords, and more. Soon, every troop was prepared for the day. Everyone stood near a large rock where Thorin, Beau, and the others were standing. They were preparing for a fight.

“Alright then,” said Beau as he looked at Thorin, “You know what to do.”

Thorin looked at the note again, then looked at Beau and said, “Are you sure this will work?”

“Trust me.” Said Beau while reassuring him. “It will.”

Thorin looked ahead and walked towards the edge of the rock, where every soldier and the commanding officer was looking at him. Thorin kept his game face, but he still felt very nervous. He glanced back, with John and Lizzie signaling that he would be alright. Thorin looked at everyone around him. He took a breath and spoke calmly but firmly.

“Every creature standing here before me is no stranger to war.” Said Thorin, “After all, every single one of us has been fighting for as long as we can remember. War. Is all that we know.”

Thorin kept his eyes on them, for all of them expected him to falter, but her didn’t hold anything back.

“In the past,” said Thorin, “All of us had fought for our races, our lands, our country. We fought for freedom. But all of that changed after Dainn came along. For many decades, we have been at war against a tyrant that wishes to destroy everything we stand for. We will soon face annihilation. Unless we end this war. Right here. Right now.”

Thorin kept his gaze as he knew the soldiers needed inspiration, and he would give it to them.

“In less than a few hours, every soldier and remnant of Caribouria’s kingdom will join us in the toughest battle we will ever face. And all of you will fight alongside those who want to make a difference in the history of our Alliance.”

Thorin chuckled and said, “Alliance. That word should have a new meaning for all of us today.”

He kept his gaze and said, “In this war, we can’t be consumed by our petty differences and fear anymore. We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps it is fate that we are all brought together. This year marks the same year from centuries ago when our ancestors united to fight a common enemy. And you will again, like our ancestors, fight for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution. But from annihilation. We’re fighting for our lives and the lives beside us. We fight for those who cannot fight for others, and we will be remembered as the most powerful united force to do the impossible as no one being has ever done.”

Thorin then began to give people hope as he continued to speak.

“Lord Dainn thinks that we cannot win. Lord Dainn thinks we will not strike at the path to victory. And yet here we stand!! On the precipice of the great battle ahead of us. If we die, our world dies with us. I look at each and every one of you and see the marks of this long and horrifying war. For our children. Our children’s children will not carry the marks of war that had been given to us by force. But they will know who we are and what we did through this war.”

Thorin stood still as he looked straight at them.

“On this day, we will not bow down. On this day, we will not give in. We rose up, at this moment, at this hour, willing to sacrifice everything so we can live in freedom!!”

Thorin then raised his voice, ensuring that all of them could hear him clearly.

“And we will unite together as we say in one voice. We will not go quietly in the shadows of the night!! We will not vanish without a fight! On this day, we’re going to live on!! On this day, we’re going to survive!!”

And finally, Thorin raised his fist in the air as he shouted one last time, “On this day, we will take back our Kingdom for the Alliance!!!”

Every soldier raised their weapons in the air and cheered, feeling more motivated than ever to go into combat and fight an enemy they wanted to drive away from their home once and for all. Thorin stepped down and rejoined the others.

“Quite impressive.” Said Balin.

“It’s a start.” Said Thorin. He looked at Beau and placed a hand on his shoulder,

“Thank you. For what you did for me.”

Beau returned the gesture and said, “There is no need for that. Friends always help one another.”

“Then let’s finish this…together.” Said Thorin as he and the others moved together.

************************************************************************

******************************

The leading houses were bidding farewell to Thorin and his group as they all began to lead the houses straight towards the fallen capitol, with the cannons in tow. At the same time, Thorin moved his group toward the Lake of Kings. Once they arrived, everyone waited for Thorin to open the way, which allowed him to open a path to the underground.

He looked back to Balin and motioned him and the others to be at the rear in case something happened, to which they agreed. At the same time, Thorin motioned everyone to march, with him and Lizzie, along with the Knights of Harmony and comrades, to lead them down the stairs with the armies following in tow. Thorin continued to lead the path that led them straight to where they needed to go. Some of the troops were surprised to see the size of the place, but they knew they had to stay focused; otherwise, the mission would fail.

Soon, they arrived where they needed to be. Thorin signaled them to wait, allowing him and the Knights to move, with Frosty and Emily staying behind to signal the troops. Thorin and Lizzie took a peek outside the door, seeing that the coast was cleared. Thorin looked back and signaled the others, which caused Frosty and Lizzie to signal the rest, allowing the troops to move. Once they arrived, everyone quickly got out and went to their separate parts of the city. As Thorin, Lizzie, and the Knights of Harmony, along with dozens of troops each going with them, Balin and the rest of the company began to lead the rest of the Elite Troops and hide them all over the city so that they could lead the charge once the attack has begun.

At the same time, the united armies arrived, and all of them stood in legions upon legions upon legions. Everyone was standing in position while the cannons were also being prepared. Following Beau’s instructions, they began to aim their cannons in certain directions while loading them with the special object that would explode on impact. They would be ready for a full-on assault. However, they didn’t go unnoticed, for all of Lord Dainn’s forces had also caught wind of this, causing them to prepare for the secondary trenches and walls surrounding the front gates of Carinthia. The soldiers began to ready their archers and catapults, getting them ready to fire upon will should they attack. Once Beau and Thorin were together to sabotage the last bit of defenses, they saw the armies were ready.

“Do you know how to signal them?” asked Thorin.

“That I do.” Said Beau as he used a stone and used it to blink it like a lightbulb on and off.

Far beyond, one of the dragons looked through a telescope. And thankfully, he saw the blinking light, which was the signal.

“There’s the signal!!” shouted the Dragon.

“Open fire!!” shouted the Caribou general.

Upon signal, they pulled the lever, causing the cannons to fire. From a distance, it didn’t make sense; however, the moment they heard it getting closer, they were too late to see it coming, for the cannons had destroyed three parts of the wall and two parts of the soldiers stationed for the archers.

“Reload them!!” shouted the general, allowing them to quickly reload their cannons.

The enemy soldiers were in complete disarray and were shocked to see this.

“What was that?!” shouted one of them.

“They must have new catapults!!” shouted the other.

“Alright, they’re keeping them distracted.” Said Thorin, “Now’s the time for our next move.”

“Alright then.” Said Beau as he pulled out his belt and connected it. He pulled out the key of his wife’s Cutie Mark and planted it at the side of his Driver.

Magic!!

Within a split second, a large magical portal opened above him while summoning his Violet Alicorn Magibeast. With a swift motion, it hovered slowly around him and caused Beau to activate his Lockseed.

Element Harmony!! Magic Harmonize!!

Within a split second, the Magibeast above him moved around him. At the same time, most of his body was covered with black latex, while the Magibeasts broke into different pieces and turned into bits and pieces of armor, instantly forming around him, granting him his armor.

He looked at Thorin and nodded, showing he was ready to fight.

“Send the signal.”

Thorin nodded and pulled out what appeared to be a flare gun. He fired it in the air, causing it to blow, surprising the Wargs, Black Dragons, Crows, Bears, and Caribou loyal to Dainn.

“What the…?” said the corrupted Caribou.

They then heard a loud battle cry, shocking them, for the rest of the Elite Guards attacked on every floor, with the rest of the newly dubbed Knights of Harmony leading them. The Wargs and Bears were fighting the Caribou, Wolves, Changelings, Kirin/Nirik, Buffalo, Ponies, Deer, Minotaurs, Centaurs, Ahuizotles, Diamond Dogs, Abyssinians, and Ornithians, while the Dragons, Griffins, Hippogriffs, Sirens, Harpies, and Gargoyles were fighting in the air against the Black Dragons and Crows.

At the same time, the Husband 6 and Emily from every level began to deal with the enemy. Frosty used his War hammer to bash the ground hard, sending a few flying. Bolt used his double edge sword to send a sharp wind strike that sent most of the Crows flying. Genus used his Butterfly Battle Axe to bash them away, while Bucky used his Gauntlets to smash the ground so hard it sent a large rock wave towards the Bears, launching them all in the air.

Silver used his Rapier sword to duel against most of the sword-bearers, with Emily using her dragon abilities to bash them away.

Thorin decided to lead the charge by pulling out his sword, him shouting to Beau, “Let us get the main gates open!! That way, once they have the defenses down, everyone else will lead the attack!! We just need to send them the signal!!”

“Got it, let’s go!!”

Both of them ran towards the gate, while at the same time, Lizzie caught up with them and decided to help the two of them out to open the gates. They continued running down the streets and toward the city’s entrance. That was until they spotted a large group of Crow warriors approaching. Beau extended his hand to summon his weapon.

Harmony!! Magic Spear!!

Beau instantly summoned his Unicorn spear. He charged the spear’s energy and delivered a powerful swing.

Harmony!! Spear Strike!!

And with one swing, many of them were struck away, making them fall in different directions.

“Let’s go!!” shouted Beau as they continued to run down the streets, with Thorin and Lizzie going with him.

Another group of enemies arrived. Now this time, it’s Lizzie’s turn.

Harmony Frost Blade!!

Lizzie summoned her sword while activating her frost power as she jumped in the air, preparing for a massive slash.

Harmony Frost Slash!!

With one swift strike, an Ice Wave arrived, causing many to be entangled with ice, with them continuing down their path. The latter soon made their way toward the gate.

“There it is, up ahead!!” shouted Beau.

But then they were stopped by twelve soldiers dressed in what Beau and the others dressed as for a matter of being disguised. Dainn’s Elite Guard. The thirteenth arrived and also prepared for a fight.

“Both of you, go open the gate.” Said Thorin, “I’ll handle this.”

Lizzie and Beau quickly took off and made their way to the top, with Thorin slowly pulling out his sword and preparing for a full-on fight.

“You will fall before King Dainn.” Said the Guard Captain.

“Dainn had lost all right to be part of the royal family because of his mindset and since the day he was banished long ago.” Said Thorin.

The guards ended up charging, with Thorin doing the same. He swung left and right, killing the first two guards. He evaded the third and grabbed him, using him as a human shield when the fourth killed him, with Thorin doing the same thing. Thorin then performed an Arc maneuver on the fifth and sixth, sliced the seventh, and jabbed the eighth when he turned around. Then he used the sword’s power to charge it up, destroying the last four as a result with one massive swing. Only the Captain remained, with Thorin slowly approaching them.

“I will not surrender to the likes of…!!”

Before the Captain could finish, Thorin jabbed his sword into the Captain’s chest, silencing him, then pulling the sword out, allowing the captain to collapse.

“The likes of you should’ve died with Dainn the day he got banished.” Said Thorin before he placed his sword and ran up to the top of the front gates.

He ran to the top when he saw that Lizzie and Beau had finished off the guards.

“What kept ya?” said Beau when he placed his sword away.

“Dealing with disgruntled guards, you?” asked Thorin.

“Just about to open the gates.” Said Lizzie.

The three pulled the three levers, allowing them to open the gates. The gates slowly began to open without the rest of Dainn’s forces realizing it. Beau used the signal stone to signal the rest of the armies. One of the leaders saw the signal, which happened to be a Centaur named Orpheus.

Orpheus immediately pulled out his sword and shouted, “CHARGE!!!!”

Within a split second, every creature attacked in full force straight toward the fallen city once the cannons stopped firing.

Once the troops were charging, Beau looked at the others and said, “While they attack, we head up to the throne room. If Dainn’s here, that’s where we’ll find him.”

“Agreed.” Said Thorin, “And along the way, we’ll try to gather our friends and help them clear the way while the troops deal with the rest of the way.”

“Agreed.” Said Lizzie, “We’ll need to move fast.”

They immediately ran toward Bucky and the others, trying to keep the enemy busy from within.

At the same time, as many of Dainn’s forces tried to recover, they reacted too late the moment when the United armies attacked and stormed through their so-called defenses. While a quarter of them would deal with the remains of Dainn’s forces at their defenses, the rest charged through and headed straight for the gates, where they were met with more of Dainn’s forces but were also being occupied by some of them as the rest went throughout the rest of the city.

************************************************************************

******************************

At the same time, Bucky was fighting alongside the Buffalo, Minotaurs, and Gargoyles while using his gauntlets to punch as many of the Bears and Wargs away.

“Bucky!!” shouted Beau, gaining the strong Knight’s attention, “We gotta get to the throne room!! We have to stop Dainn once and for all!!”

“On it!!” shouted Bucky as he too soon charged alongside them.

************************************************************************

******************************

Silver used his Rapier to deflect and block left and right before he maneuvered around them and sliced the Crow and Bears down. At the same time, he fights alongside the Abyssinians, Ornithians, and Diamond Dogs.

“Silver!!” shouted Beau, “Time to haul ass!!”

Silver saw Beau and the others running, with him following suit.

************************************************************************

******************************

Genus used his butterfly axe and swung his weapon hard, sending a Warg flying as the Ahuizotles, Deer, and Caribou fought alongside him. Genus saw Bucky and the others running to the top, with him soon following suit.

************************************************************************

******************************

Bolt was fighting with the Centaurs, Changelings, and Kirin, combining their powers to bring down as many of Dainn’s forces as possible. Bolt sprinted towards what appeared to be a rock and jumped on it, allowing him to strike down what appeared to be a rock monster before it collapsed onto the ground. He saw Beau and the others charging towards the throne room, which allowed him to follow suit.

************************************************************************

******************************

Frosty used his Buster War Hammer to smash the ground hard, sending many of the Wargs flying, while also using the chunks of the ground as boulders to bash many of the crows away from the skies, while also giving the Griffins, Hippogriffs, and Harpies the cover they needed when they were engaged in a space battle.

“Ooh, my fourth wall sense is tingling.” Said Frosty. He saw Beau and the others charging toward the Throne room. “Aha!! The boss battle awaits!!”

Frosty soon joined the others as he ran alongside them.

************************************************************************

*****************************

On the other hand, Emily was holding her own using her Dragon Halbert while she assisted the Dragons, Wolves, Ponies, and Sirens that fought many of Dainn’s elite guard to a standstill. But thankfully, she wasn’t alone, for Thorin’s Company was also with her. Balin and many others were fighting with Emily to ensure she would be safe. But at the same time, she saw Beau and the others running.

“Balin, let’s go!!” shouted Thorin.

“You too, Emily!!” shouted Frosty.

Emily, Balin, and the others immediately went after them as they, too, charged alongside them.

************************************************************************

*****************************

Everyone ran up towards the Throne room, where Dainn was waiting for them. But as they could get to the top, they all bumped into a few folks they expected to wait for them. Azog the Warg, Smaug the Black Dragon, Poe the Crow, Mordu, the Bear, and two Caribou, wearing black armor. One that Thorin’s company recognized.

“Ivangir,” said Kili in shock.

“And Vestri.” said Fili in equal shock.

“Wait, you know them?” asked Beau.

“They were part of Thorin’s company.” Said Daisy while she squinted her eyes.

“Until they chose to betray us to what they would call the winning side.” Said Lizzie. She stood up front and said, “You two have a lot of nerve showing up. I thought we’d be rid of you the last time we saw you.”

“Oh, you’ll never be rid of us.” Said Vestri.

“And we will always be a step ahead.” Said Ivangir.

As the two slowly approached them halfway to taunt them further, Beau remembered more from what his grandmother had told him since the others were training. Beau decided to play Batman.

“Tell me something?” said Beau, gaining their attention. “What happened when Thorin’s father saw you?”

Thorin was a bit startled that he brought him up, “He was one of the greatest fighters there was, was he surprised to see you two when he discovered that you had betrayed your kingdom, that you taught Dainn and the others how to kill him and the others?!”

Thorin was shocked by what Beau had said, with Vestri saying, “I don’t know what you’re talking about?”

“What did Dainn promise you, money?!”

“What would we need money for when we got everything we needed.” Said Ivangir.

“You’re not going to tell me you betrayed the Oakenshield family for your kingdom, are you?”

“Some of us still believe in putting our kingdom first.” Said Vestri.

Beau scoffed and said, “Sorry, but I don’t see that kind of honor or patriotism there. All I see is a pathetic pair of twins latched onto an excuse to hurt innocent people, who are so stupid, they don’t realize that they’re being used by Dainn!!”

Vestri got angry, while Ivangir said, “These psychos possess power far beyond your understanding. So choose your words very carefully.”

Beau smirked from underneath his helmet and said, “You’re right. What I said was far too polite.”

He then walked towards them and said, “How about poor pathetic moose-faced losers. They use their power to compensate for the fact that deep down, they’re afraid they will never be enough to please their dear old dad. Lord Vesuvius, was it?”

Now, both of them were really angry and charged straight toward Beau. Beau pulled out his Unicorn Spear and charged as well, with Thorin charging next to him, wanting to be next to him during the fight. But simultaneously, both sides attacked and were engaged in combat.

Lizzie and Silver fought against Azog, Frosty and Emily fought against Smaug, Bucky, Daisy, Fili, and Kili fought against Mordu the Bear, and Genus and Bolt fought against Poe the Crow. In contrast, Thorin’s company fought against Dainn’s Elite Guard. Both sides fought their hardest trying to get through. Thorin’s Company was making short work of the Elite Guard. But their real focus was trying to get them away from Thorin and the others as they tried their best to keep their focus on the enemies they fought. Balin swung his sword left and right, cutting Dainn’s forces down; Dwalin used his mighty hammer to bash many of them away. Glóin used his great axe to chop a few Crows away. Oni and Ori used their maces to push them back; Bifur, Bofur, and Bombur tackled many of the Wargs over and pushed them over the edge, while Dori and Nori tag- teamed and fought with all their might against many.

Smaug flew around and spat fire at his enemies while Emily used her ability to block his fires so they would not be affected, while Frosty could jump in the air and had…a cannon?!!

“Surprise!!” shouted Frosty, allowing him to fire his cannon, knocking the dragon bag as he uttered a massive grunt. Smaug landed back on his clawed feet, looked at the two siblings with a glare, and said,

“Lucky shot!!”

“How’s this for luck!!” shouted Frosty as he smashed his hammer so hard it created a massive rock wave, making Smaug launch himself in the air while Emily, on the other hand, charged up her sword.

“Try this on for size!!” shouted Emily.

Dragon!! Blade!! Strike!!

Within a split second, she darted toward Smaug. She struck so hard that he flew in a different direction and crashed against a tower before he fell back down, and part of the tower collapsed onto him, partially burying him underneath it.

Genus and Bolt fought against Poe the Crow, who used his feathers as throwing knives while turning his two lone feathers into swords and attacked, causing both Bolt and Genus to fight back with what they learned from their weapons.

“Oh, this guy is just asking for trouble!!” said a very irritated Bolt.

“Then let’s give him something to squawk about!!” said Genus.

Bolt darted to the left while Genus charged his weapon.

Kindness!! Axe!! Wind attack!!

Genus unleashed a large wind attack, causing Poe to shield himself, trying to block off the strong wind. While at the same time, Bolt appeared from behind and used his sword to generate electricity onto it.

Loyalty!! Shark Blade!! Lightning Strike!!

With a great thrust, Bolt threw as much lightning as possible, causing him to electrocute Poe as he stuttered and slowly collapsed. But the moment he did, Genus and Bolt appeared in front of him and delivered an uppercut so strong that it sent him flying against the wall and crashed onto the ground.

At the same time, Bucky, Daisy, Fili, and Kili fought against Mordu with all their might while the mad bear tried to slay his enemies right before him.

“I will enjoy slaying you and become the ultimate warrior!!” shouted the bear. But at the same time, Fili and Kili jumped onto the bear’s back and stabbed it hard, making it roar in pain.

“That may be true,” said Bucky while he handed his one gauntlet to Daisy to give her an edge, “But clearly, you never met a Knight before. Nor a sibling’s resolve. Ready, Daisy?!”

“You know it!!” shouted Daisy.

The two of them charged up the Boar Gauntlets.

Honesty!! Boar Gauntlet!! Strength Strike!!

Within a split second, both of them had punched Mordu so hard that he was launched into the air, flew right out of the kingdom, and landed in a remote lake with a big splash.

“Ha!! Nice one!!” said Bucky, impressed by his sister’s form.

“Thanks!!” replied Daisy.

However, the two made the mistake of high-fiving while still wearing their gauntlets, causing them to feel themselves vibrating and shaking. The two stopped, looked at one another while frazzled, and laughed when they realized how funny and ridiculous, they sounded.

Lizzie and Silver fought together side by side as they battled against Azog. He is a force to be reckoned with, as his skills with a blade match his temper. They were not going to allow him an advantage, for they chose to fight together and will continue to assist one another. Lizzie kept using her sword Frostbane to fight her way toward Azog, while Silver would jump over and use his ability to slash behind Azog’s back, leg and shoulder to throw him off guard. Sometimes they would trade positions and fight with all their might.

“You will not succeed!!” said Azog as he readied his weapon, “Lord Dainn will have all of Caribouria, even if he must rule it from a pile of ashes!!”

“Not today, bub!!” shouted Silver as he ran towards Azog.

Azog readied his great axe and swung with all his might until Silver ducked while he skidded on the ground. But at the same time, Silver pulled out what appeared to be a dagger, allowing him to slice Azog’s knee between his legs, causing him to squirm and nearly collapse. Just as Azog stood up, Silver grabbed him, only to stab Azog in the ribcage, making him roar.

Lizzie lowered her sword as she slowly moved toward her target. “Azog, the defiler.” Said Lizzie, gaining Warg Chieftain’s attention. “Your evil ends here.”

And with one big swing…

Caribouria!! Frostbane Blade!! Strike!!

Lizzie struck the Warg hard while Silver quickly jumped away. Azog stood motionless for a few moments until he finally dropped onto the ground.

At the same time, both Beau and Thorin continued to clash blades with Vestri and Ivangir, Beau tossed Thorin his sword, and the moment he grabbed it, he struck both Vestri and Ivangir through their chests. They grunted in pain and were unable to move.

“For the honor of my family.” Said Thorin before he pulled the blades out, causing both Vestri and Ivangir to collapse onto the ground.

Thorin tossed Beau’s sword back while, at the same time, everyone regrouped at the center.

“Alright, that’s it for the lap dogs.” Said Bolt.

“He’s right,” said Dwalin, “Now all that’s left is to….”

But before they could react, within a split second, the doors to the throne room burst open, causing some to cover their eyes. When they slowly opened them and looked, there he was, appearing in his armor as black as coal, bearing a sword that was the opposite to Thorin’s but glowing red, all while holding his helmet, bearing a wicked stare and smile, as he stared down at his enemies.

Everyone else soon readied themselves as they tried to surround him, with Thorin staring down, face to face with the mad conqueror, the Caribou, who took everything away from him. And now…he will get what’s coming to him.

“Thorin Oakenshield.” Said the mad Caribou leader.

“Lord Dainn.” Replied Thorin with the same cold tone.

The fight…has only just begun.