• Published 1st Aug 2021
  • 2,836 Views, 53 Comments

My Little Pony: Return of the King and Queen - HarryBuilder



Twilight has discover that her Family origins aren't what she thought they were, Now she and her friends must travel to the ends of Equestria to find the answers to her past as a great evil rises from shadows to destroy their peaceful way of life.

  • ...
5
 53
 2,836

Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Anniversary Preparations and Dream Visions

In the humble two of Ponyville Princess Twilight Sparkle looks over her precious hometown with a smile enjoying the night breeze. It had been a week since Chrysalis and the Changelings attempt to take over Equestria by capturing and replacing her, Her friends, the princesses, Shining Armor, Cadence, and Flurry Heart and it looked like they were gonna get away with that is until Starlight Glimmer her student, Trixie Lulamoon Starlight's best friend, Thorax the rogue Changeling and Discord the Lord of Chaos lead they rescue party into the heart of the Changeling Hive, successfully saving everypony who was captured, turning the Changelings good apart from Chrysalis who escaped to places unknown and Thorax becoming their new leader.

Just two days ago, they had awarded the four rescuers with the Pink Heart medals of Courage and Starlight had officially graduated as her student but Starlight had decided to stay in the castle with her even though she was free to go where ever she pleased. She personally thanked Celestia (Quite Literally) for helping gather the courage she needed to let Starlight walk her own path after she explained how hard it was for her to send her to Ponyville to make friends. But now she was thinking about what would happen in a week for it was special for all the citizens of Ponyville.

In just a week it would the 60th Anniversary of the Founding of Ponyville. And since Ponyville was home to an Alicorn princess which was herself and some of Equestria greatest heroes the day had gotten pretty popular to ponies from the Crystal Empire to Appleloosa and would be flocking their way here to join in the fun, the celebration was so big it had to be held all over town meaning She and her friends had to get as much help as the could get to make this celebration by the time of the anniversary because even if it was a week away, Ponyville was still a big town so. a success Pinkie Pie really had her work cut for her, fortunately, Cheese Sandwich had heard that about the big party coming to Ponyville and decided to come by to lend a helping hoof.

Twilight had chuckled as she remembered how her party friend and practically pounced on Cheese when he arrived it was quite obvious to the girls that Pinkie had taken a real liking to the stallion and Twilight had to admit the two of them were perfect for each other which was especially funny since it was Pinkie who helped Cheese Sandwich become who he is when he stumbled into Ponyville during one her parties some years back. She chuckled did not go underheard when she heard a familiar voice behind her, "What's so funny."

Twilight turned to see a baby purple dragon with green spines and a pale green underbelly standing behind her with a scroll and quill in his hand. Twilight just smiled and said, "Sorry Spike, I was just thinking about Cheese Sandwich and Pinkie Pie."

Spike raised an eye-ridge, "What about them?"

"I was thinking how well they fit together, being party planning Pony, making ponies laugh, and ironically enough that it was Pinkie that made Cheese become a party pony himself." Twilight explained to the oblivious baby dragon.

"Yeah I did find that pretty weird when you told me about the last time he was here," Spike said as they both remembered how they turned Rainbow's Birthaversary into a Goof-Off. But he then tapped the quill against his chin and spoke again "But what exactly is so funny about that, Twilight? I don't get it." he shrugged.

Twilight just shook her head with an amused grin, 'Poor, sweet, naïve Spike' she thought as Spike failed to see the romance between Pinkie and Cheese. She decided to tell him more directly about this later as she believed that Spike would've only come here if it was to tell her something important, "So Spike did you want to tell me something or you just here to say hello."

Spike's eyes widened in realization as remembered and looked back at the scroll he was holding, "Oh right! I forgot!" He then cleared his throat read over the list, "Applejack has gotten her family, Mr. and Mrs. Cake and Sugar belle to take responsible for cooking the celebration's main banquet. Rainbow's got the Wonderbolts to have sky patrol to make sure we get perfect weather for the festival and plenty of freshwater. Rarity and her Fashion friends will be decorating the stage and supplying plenty of good outfits for any pony who wants something special to remember the day. Fluttershy has asked her bird Chorus, Octavia, Vinyl, and their musicians' friends to prepare the music for the dancing part of the celebration, Pinkie, Cheese, Party Favor, and their volunteers have finally decided on how they with the rest of the decorations and plenty of events and games around town. and finally"

Twilight let out a sigh of relief, glad to hear that her friends had gotten all the help they need to make the celebration a success, "That's great Spike, anything else."

Spike was about to say no before his cheeks puffed and then with a belch green flames burst out of his mouth which then turned into a scroll. Twilight recognized the seal on it and levitated it up to her face and read aloud what it said.

Dear Twilight,
I heard that Ponyville's Anniversary was coming up soon,

So I decided that it would be nice to come and try to help.

And don't you worry about the empire if you're thinking that,

Shining and I decided it would be good to take a vacation.

We'll be there tomorrow, once we got everything here under control.

Flurry's looking forward to seeing you and I bring a special surprise for you when we get there.

Love, your sister-in-law Cadance

Twilight smiled excitedly, Her brother, sister-in-law, and niece were all coming here to help her with the Celebration of the founding of her town. She also wondered if Princess Celestia and Luna would be able to come too, but that seemed unlikely with all the other responsibilities they had. But still having some of her family coming over was better than nothing. Spike was feeling happy that they were coming but then let a yawn feeling tired as all the exhaustion from checking the preparations for the Anniversary Celebration was finally catching up to him. So was Twilight as she yawned too, "Well Spike, I think that's enough preparing for today let's get some sleep."

Spike nodded, "Ok night Twilight." He waved and closed the door. Twilight let out a chuckle and trotted over her bed. She climbed in and pulled the covers over herself. She looked to her nightstand saw the picture of her and her friends at her coronation. She made a warm smile, feeling very lucky to have such great friends. After she turned off her lamp, she closed her eyes fell into a deep sleep.


Twilight opened her eyes and saw it was early in the morning and rushes out of a bedroom and heads out to the balcony and looked over a beautiful city of white, purple, and gold as the morning sun was just about to rise. What's more, Twilight noticed that she was looking through someone else's eyes, a foal's given how short she felt.

"What is this-" Twilight tried to ask but then she noticed two shadows standing on either side of her she looked to her left and up to see a big light blue Alicorn, with a dark navy blue & purple striped tail mane, tail, and mustache beard, bluish-green eyes and wearing a royal purple shirt with gold cuffs, tasseled shoulder pads, a purple king's cap, and gold regalia and crown, his Cutie Mark was a purple and white eight-point star over a swirling cloud nebula, strangely enough, she noticed that his mane colors were the same as his.

She then looked to her right and saw a pinkish purple alicorn mare with a golden mane and tail with a pink and orange stripe running through the dark magenta eyes, her wings started pink as her coat but faded to gold at the ends. She was donned in gold slippers, chest plate, crown, and around her forelegs were golden rings silk sleeves on them on each of her accessories was a magenta twelve-point purple. Her Cutie Mark was a purple twelve-point star with an orange and yellow inside of it. That's when Twilight also noticed her the mare's mane style minus the different colors was the same as her, it even had two stripes in like her too.

Also Twilight felt something funny as she looked at the two, something strange but familiar like she's known these two for a long time.' But why do I feel this?' She asked herself, but got no answer before the stallion spoke up.

"Look, Little Star. Everything the light touches is our kingdom," He said as Twilight looked and saw an enchanting view overlooking the city with the rising sun in view.

"Wow. You two rule all of that?" She heard a small voice asked sounding astonished, she figured it was the voice of whoever's body she was in.

" Yes, with some help from your aunts and the other guardians. But a King or Queens time as rulers rise and fall like the sun," The mare answered.

" One day, my Daugther, the sun will set on me and your mother's time here...," The stallion looking down at her.

" ...And will rise with you like the new queen," The mare finished smiling down at her.

" All of this will belong to me?" The filly asked as She and Twilight looked out of the kingdom in awe.

" It belongs to Nopony, my dear. It'll be yours to protect. A great responsibility." Corrected the stallion.

'Oof, glad I'm not in her shoes.' Twilight said, knowing that ruling an entire kingdom would not be easy for her.

" Everything the light touches? Those Trees? The Fields? And beyond those horizons?" the other voice asked looking towards the areas beyond the city.

"Those are grounds of the other creatures' Kingdoms You must not go there without their permission, Sweetie." The mare said firmly.

" But I thought a King and Queen can do whatever they want, Take any land." said the filly asked.

'There's more to being a leader than getting what you want all the time' Twilight said to herself, knowing that being queen meant showing fairness and compassion to your subjects and the leaders of other kingdoms.

" While others search for what they can take, a true leader searches for what he or she can give," The stallion answered as he and Aurora turned and walked off with Twilight following them.

Twilight then watched as they walked through the city, seeing ponies of all kinds talking, working, playing, and doing many other things. She saw Unicorns, Pegasi, Earth Ponies she even thought she a few Alicorns. The three eventually came into a nearby meadow.

" Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance," The mare started as they walked, seeing more Ponies playing with their friends and families.

" And as Queen, you need to understand that balance and respect all the creatures. From our kind to Earth Ponies, Pegasi and Unicorns," said Cobalt.

" Mommy, Daddy why do we help these other ponies in time in need? They aren't like us, right?" asked the filly as Twilight was surprised the filly would ask such a question.

" Yes, Twilight but let us explain. When we helped these ponies, they help us in return," The mare started.

" And when we work together, problems are solved. And So you see, we are all connected thanks to the most powerful magic of all: The Magic of Friendship," The Stallion finished. Twilight was amazed these two Alicorns thought so deeply of the Magic of Friendship as she did. She was glad that she and her friends weren't the only ones who believed in powerful friendship.

But then a cold, lifeless wind brushed past her, Twilight looked around and saw that the once beautiful meadow turned gray and dead, all the ponies who were playing in were gone and so were the two Alicorns and then black and red smoke started appearing around her swirling around. Suddenly Twilight no longer felt safe or unafraid, the black and red smoke carried a coldness she had never felt before, as well as something else.

Something Ominous. Something Powerful.

Something, evil.

She felt it strongest upwards then looked up where she saw the fog building up into a gigantic deep black cloud. Then appearing from the cloud was a pair of blood-red eyes with what looked like a long thin scar running through the left eye glaring right down at her filled with nothing but absolute hatred and malice. in its eyes she a reflection of herself, her face stricken with horror.

Twilight felt herself trembling in absolute fear, She stared down many terrifying villains and monsters before and back then even though she was pretty scared, she knew as long as she had her friends beside her she could overcome any evil. But when looking at these deathly red eyes. she could not find any bravery at all. As Twilight continued to shake in fear the cloud still looked like it was studying her, she heard it speak a deep and malevolent voice speaking to her.

"LISTEN TO EVERY WORD. BE AFRAID." Twilight stepped back a bit, as she could practically feel the power and evil in its voice, making her feel like a small foal. the dark cloud made no notice of this and just narrowed its eyes and continued, "YOU CAN TRY TO RUN. YOU CAN TRY TO HIDE. BUT I WILL FIND YOU. AND WHEN I DO I WILL FINALLY FINISHED WHAT I STARTED WITH THOSE BEFORE YOU AND CLAIM EQUESTRIA AND LANDS BEYOND IT, AS MY OWN!!!" It roared blowing her mane back before it charged straight towards her with a mouth filled with razor-sharp teeth, ready to devourer her in one bite!

Twilight screamed in terror and shot up from the covers. She hyperventilated realizing she was just asleep she looked around her bedroom seeing only her thing in their usual places. "It was, that just dream." She told herself, but the last part felt more like a nightmare in her opinion. "What did it mean?" She had dreams before, mostly about books, making Celestia proud, her friends but this dream felt very real and very powerful.

She looked outside seeing the moon still high in the sky, realizing that it was still late she tried to go back to sleep, "Maybe I should tell Celestia and Luna about my dream next time I see them." She mumbled, knowing that the two elder princesses might have the answer. And so the young Alicorn returned to sleep hoping she would not have another dream like that again.


Meanwhile In Canterlot Princess Luna was galloping through the halls with a worried expression on her face. She had sensed something she had not felt for many centuries, something she hoped to never feel again. She reached her sister's room and pushed the doors opened, shouting, "Sister! I fear we may have a-" Luna stopped herself as she saw Celestia sitting up in her bed and was panting softly. then Luna saw an emotion she had never seen on Celestia's face in years.

Fear.

Celestia turned to Luna, "Sister I just had the most horrible dream." She said as Luna approached with concern on her face.

"Celestia do not try to deceive me or yourself," Luna said as shook her head, "You know as well as I that was no regular dream but a sign." She then narrowed her eyes and spoke with a fair amount of disdain in her voice, "A sign that says he shall return."

Celestia exhaled and got up from the bed, "I had hoped if we had kept his name silent, we would never hear of that monster again." She said as looked out on her kingdom with a sense of dread. Luna walked next to her and raised a brow to her elder sister.

"Should we tell Twilight about this?" She asked but Celestia shook her head.

"No, we can't." She said, and walked away from Luna, "We must deal with this ourselves without risking her life."

Luna tried to protest, "But Tia! You know that Twilight and her friend have managed to defeat every evil that has ever endangered Equestria, surely they can-"

"And YOU know that if he sees Twilight, he'll do what he tried to do to her all those years ago! And this time we won't have them to save her!" Celestia interrupted, turning her head to Luna slightly wincing as she remembered the loved ones she and Luna had lost so long ago but she shook it off turned her back to Luna, "You and I both made a promise that we would do everything we could to keep her safe, and I intend to keep it." She held her head up high, sticking with her decision. Luna glanced to the side knowing that Celestia had good intentions but she didn't feel comfortable with keeping up this away from Twilight.

"I understand where you are coming from Tia but even if we keep this from her, he will still tear our kingdom apart until she finds her and he will destroy anypony who stands in his way." Luna said, as Celestia's head began to dip slightly, knowing she was right, "Also don't you think we have kept this from her long enough? Perhaps it's time she knows the truth about who she is."

Celestia turned to her sister with shock, "What?! Luna! If we tell her about that she'll be heartbroken!"

"And even more so if she learns the truth from somewhere that isn't from us." Luna argues, Celestia frowned and looked at the ground, Luna sighed "Look Tia, I understand you are feeling. I do but if we keep this from Twilight for longer than we have already we are only hurting ourselves and her when learns the truth on her own." Luna then placed her hoof on Celestia's shoulder, "Look how about once the founding of Ponyville celebration is over, we ask Twilight to come to Canterlot, and there we tell her everything."

Celestia mulled over this for a few moments. She too had always hated to keep such a secret like this from Twilight even if it was to just protect her. Perhaps it was time for the truth to be revealed, "Perhaps you are right Luna." She admitted, before looking over the horizon of her kingdom, knowing there was a great evil out there waiting for the right moment to strike, "I suppose we can just hope that he will not fully recover before then or we are all in great peril."

Luna Nodded and walked next to her sister, she leaned in closer as their discussion had brought back some memories of somepony very precious to her and Celestia, "I miss her so much." She whispered as she felt Celestia's wing wrap around her.

"I know Luna, I do too," Celestia assured her younger sister as the two held each other close knowing that dark times were on the rise.


The next morning Twilight woke up feeling a little better than she did last night. She got out of bed, showered and brushed, made herself breakfast her mane. But she was still tired and still a little shook from that dream.

"It just felt so real, That city was probably one of the most beautiful places I've seen but I've never read any books about any city like that, and that out-of-body experience with me being in the filly's body was pretty strange too." Twilight said to herself as walked through the halls, thinking about her dream, "And those two alicorns, I've never seen them before in any books, scrolls or anything, I don't there ever any mention of another Alicorn princess besides Celestia and Luna or even of a male Alicorn, then why did they fell so familiar" She then smiled for no reason she could think of as she thought about them again, "Still just the sight of them made me feel so, safe."

Then she grimaced as she remembered her most hated part of the dream, "And that black Fog cloud and those eyes, those terrifying red eyes and that horrible voice from it, I never felt that scared before in my life." She shivered but managed to push through the fear and still wondered about what it said to her and about her dream in general, but why was I so afraid? what did it mean when it said 'It would finish what it start'? And why did it talked like it knew me Is somepony after me or-"

"Twilight?"

"AH!" Twilight yelped at the sound of a voice. She thought for a moment it was the voice from her dream but as she whipped around she saw it was just Spike, "Oh Spike. It's just you."

"Sorry Twilight. I didn't mean to scare you." Spike Apologized and pointed to the hallway, "I just wanted to tell you someone's here to see you." Twilight looked to the hall and saw coming from it was...

"SURPRISE!" Shining and Cadence cheered as Flurry Heart giggled in between her parents. Twilight beamed brightly and sprinted over to them. Once she reaches them, Twilight throws her front legs around her brother's neck and hugs him close, "Shining! It's been so long! I've missed you so much!" She cheered.

“I know Twiliy, It’s so good to see you too.” The white stallion said to his little sister as he returns her loving hug with just as much love.

"Hey Don't Forget about me!" Cadence chimed in, Twilight turned to her foal-sitter and they greeted each other the only way they knew how:

“Sunshine, Sunshine
Ladybugs Awake!
Clap Your Hooves,
And Do A Little Shake!”

They sang their old filly handshake before laughing and pulling each other into a warm hug, "It's great to see you too!" They both said together, before giggling again. Twilight then heard baby sounds from below her and looked down to see Flurry holding out her tiny hooves to her, wanting to be hugged by her auntie. Twilight smiled and then lifted Flurry to her chest and hugged, "Ooh, it's good to see you too, sweetie." She cooed to the filly before hugging her.

After she put her down, she turned back to her brother who just shared and hoof/claw bump with Spike who went over gave Cadence and Flurry a hug each, "I'm glad you three made it here, just in time too."

"You didn't think we'd leave you hanging, LSBFF?" Shining joked calling Twilight by her old nickname.

"Of course not BBBFF," Twilight replied bumping him playfully. She then turned to Cadence and Flurry as the former helped the baby onto her back. "Well now that you're here, you wanna help us with the preparations for the Anniversary? The girls are probably working on them right now."

"Of course we would," Cadence answered with her sweet smile and Flurry gurgled in agreement. The five then walked towards the doorway to engage in the preparations but Twilight then turned back to her sister-in-law, "By the way Cadence, you told me, you were bringing a surprise for me in your letter, so where is it?"

Cadence was about to answer when she looked ahead and smirked, Shining and Spike noticed this and looked to where she was looking, Spike's eyes slightly widen in surprise while Shining mirrored his wife's smirk, "Well, as a matter a fact, here it comes right now."

Twilight then raised a brow as everypony but her stopped walking and she didn't look in front of her, "Huh? What do you-OOF!"

Twilight then bumped into somepony and when she looked up she saw a familiar orange, blue-maned Pegasus. "F-Flash Sentry?" She stammered, her cheeks turning pink.

Flash just smiled politely and helped her up, "We've gotta stop bumping into each other like this, Princess." Twilight just smiled back at him shyly while not noticing the smirks that were on Spike, Shining, and Cadence. "Ye-yeah, definitely need to stop making such a b-bumpy entrance!" She laughed nervously before clearing her throat, "So um, what are you doing here?"

"Well, after the incident with the Changelings, Princess Cadence and Captain Armor needed to have some guards to be with them and their daughter to keep them safe. When they explained to me they need to come to Ponyville they told me I'd be the perfect guard to lead them." Flash answered as Twilight's eyes widen, "They even told me you would appreciate it if I kept them safe."

Twilight narrowed her eyes and turned to the said couple with a fake smile, "Did they?" She strained out as Shining and Cadence smiled back at her, "How interesting." She then turned back to Flash with a more happy expression "Well, on behalf of Ponyville I welcome you and thank you for being willing to keep my family safe."

"It is my honor, Princess." Flash bowed to her not noticing her blushing. He then stood back up, "Well, I have to go check on my squad and make sure they didn't see anything suspicious. I'll let you know if we see anything." He saluted to his two superiors who nodded to him. he then turned and walked out of the door into the Town.

After Twilight was sure he was earshot he rounded on her brother and sister-in-law, "Okay, What's this about?"

Shining held up his hooves in innocence and said, "What're you talking about? We needed a commander for our guards and Flash fit the bill perfectly."

"And we figured he needs some time to work outside of the empire too," Cadence said innocently as well. Twilight just snorted through her nostrils, "Yeah right."

Cadence just sighed, "Okay you got us. We decided to bring Flash along and see if you two could bond."

"Cadence I already told you, I DON'T have a crush on him!" Twilight shouted with her cheeks red.

Shining just laughed and wrapped his foreleg around her, "Come on, Twiliy do you honestly think that I didn't notice all those long stares you gave him whenever you visited the empire?" His question caused Twilight to blush again.

"And don't think we didn't see how you blushed when you were talking to him just now." Cadence added walking next to her with Flurry giggling at how red her auntie's cheeks were getting, "You Twilight Sparkle are definitely in love!"

"I'm not in love!" Twilight retorted shaking Shining's hoof off her. She then took a breath and turned her back them "Look I admit, Flash is a good guy but a few stares and blushes don't mean I like him like that."

"But the fact you talk all lovey-dovey to pictures of him in your room, does," Spike added with a sly grin.

Twilight face turned bright red, "WHA-WHAT?! HOW DO YOU?!" She asked frantically.

Spike just shrugged and answered, "You really should make sure you're door is closed you know?"

Shining and Cadence then turned back to Twilight as she tried to find the right answer but couldn't. So she just groaned and stomped out of the castle with her head up. The three just looked at each other laughed, "So how long before she and he are?"

"Hmm, I give about two days until she accepts the truth and another four for her to confess to him, so I'd say just before the Anniversary," Cadence answered.

Shining just chuckled and walked towards the door, "Well when you told me about Twilight liking Flash, I had to admit that if there was one stallion in Equestria I would trust with my little sister it would be him." He then gestured for them to follow and they did.


Meanwhile in the sky above Rainbow Dash was clearing the clouds away so it would be bright and sunny, "Sky's cleared and ready for the festival!" she then turned to some other Pegasi, "Keep up the good work guys, we're making good time!" They saluted as she flew down.

On the ground level, Everyone was working hard to make the village ready for the Anniversary Celebration. By the stage, Pinkie was busy making balloon animals and had just blowing a red one and making it into a Discord balloon animal. Unfortunately, the air started leaking from its tail and was strong enough to push her back. "WAH!" She cried, as the balloon blew away and she chased after it.

Fluttershy was conducting an orchestra of birds until the balloon flew past her, and Pinkie chased after it, "Sorry, Fluttershy! Out of control balloooooon!" She shouted scaring the birds and Fluttershy was devastated. but she manages to comfort one of them, "I don't think it's the balloon that's out of control, Pinkie Pie." She said looking at the Pink pony slyly.

Walking over while carrying a cart of apple cider was Applejack who ducked out of the way of the balloon and Pinkie, "Hey, ya'll. Anypony up for some free samples of my family's apple cider?" She asked holding up a mug

Upon hearing that, Rainbow licked her lips and zoomed past the farm pony, snatching the cup, "Thank you!" she flew back giving her the empty cup, "Loved it!"

Rarity was adding a gem to a bow decorated around a huge stage, and being who she was, was making sure it looked just right and humming a little ditty as well. Applejack had to comment on her work, "Wow, Rarity. It's a fine job you're doin' there. 'Course it might not get done 'til after the celebration comes." she noted that the stage needed more decorations to be added as Rarity had barely started.

"Applejack, darling, anypony can do "fine"," Rarity began, before looking back at her work, "Twilight asked me to decorate the stage, so clearly, she's going for fabulous, and fabulous takes time."

"Fabulous takes forever!" Rainbow complained as she hovered above them, before smirking, "But "awesome"..." she then flew super fast around the whole stage, decorating fairly quickly. She flew past Fluttershy making her dizzy and accidentally wrapped her up and placed a gem on her nose, "Can get done in four seconds flat!" she said as they all noticed that all the bows were uneven and sloppily hung, "Faster if I do my Sonic Rainboom!" she was about to fly up until Rarity screamed.

"No, no, oh no! Don't you dare, Rainbow Dash! It looks wretched enough already." She stated as a diamond fell from one of the sloppy bows.

"Oh come on, it's fine!" the pegasus complained as Pinkie finally managed to catch her balloon.

"If you were raised in a barn!" Rarity's eyes widened when she realized what she said, and turned to A.J, "Ahem, no offense, Applejack."

"None taken. Especially since I wasn't raised in a barn," A.J began, as she kept filling up cups of apple cider that was being snatched by Rainbow, "My family just happens to have a barn. Where I was born. And... spent most of my formative years..." She finished confusedly as Rainbow answered for her.

"Raised in a barn!"

The girls then noticed Twilight walking toward them with a rather frustrated expression and her face looked a bit red. They looked to each other in concern before Rarity said, "Um, Twilight, darling. Are you alright?"

Twilight then looked up and saw her friends looking at her in concern. She then took a breath and said, "Yeah girls I'm sorry, I was just thinking about something."

"Thinking about what, exactly?" Rainbow asked, raising a brow.

Twilight was about to answer when from behind her somepony said, "She's just in denial about being in love!" The girls turned to see Spike, Shining Armor, and Cadence carrying Flurry Heart walking towards them. Twilight blushed again and shouted, "Cadence!"

"Oh come on Twiliy! You know you like him!" Shining teased as Twilight growled in frustration. Before she heard Rarity squeal and zipped right in front of her.

"Oh my goodness. Twilight you have your eyes somepony?! That's wonderful news! You simply must tell me the lucky stallion's name!" She shouted as Twilight backed away stammering. The other girls were looking at her eagerly as well

"Hold on now, This feller wouldn't happen to be that Flash Sentry we saw back in the Crystal Empire, is he?" Applejack smirked with a raised brow. Twilight blushed even more and tried to deny it.

"Uh, uh, No! It's not him it's, uh-"

"Oh yeah, it's him alright." Spike answered for her, telling the girls what happened early, "Twilight bumped into him and she started blushing and stammering once she laid eyes on him."

"Awww!" The girls cooed as Twilight moaned and blushed in embarrassment hiding behind her wings. Cadence just giggle pulled her sister-in-law's wing open, "Don't be so embarrassed Twilight, being in love with somepony is nothing to be ashamed of and it can lead to many great things. just Look at me and your brother, happily married and with a daughter." She stated as she nuzzling Shining as they both hugged Flurry. Twilight listen to what she said and she had to admit that being in love with somepony and marrying and starting a family with that pony did sound nice but she wasn't in rush for that just yet.

"Thanks, Cadence, but I'm not ready for that step at least not yet," Twilight said as Cadence nodded in understanding. She then turned back to her friends and asked, "So how's everything going?"

"Movin' along like clockwork!" Applejack confirmed, "The Apples just started catering the banquet."

"The music is going along just nicely," Fluttershy added, getting out of her ribbons, and held up her hoof for a bird to land on and tweeted sweetly.

"Weather's under control." Rainbow chimed in, gesturing to the sky.

"The decor is looking great!" Rarity cheered before looking at Rainbow's handy work and grimace, "Well great-ish."

"And the games and events are getting done in record time." She then bounded over Twilight getting close to her face, "Don't you worry Twilight we're making the party is gonna be a party to end all parties and not some big flop show where everything falls apart around us, the anniversary is ruined and you are forever remembered as the alicorn princess who messed one of the most important days in all of Ponyville!" Pinkie said in one breath, making Twilight even more concerned about everything than she was before. Until Pinkie bounced back as everypony gathered around her, "But You still have us to get it back on track!" Pinkie assured her gesturing to Spike, Cadence, Shining, Flurry, and the girls "So stop worrying." She beamed as everypony else nodded and smiled in agreement. This made Twilight relax a little knowing she had the support of everypony who cared about her to help make this work.

(Play We Got This Together from MLP The Movie here)

Applejack pulls Twilight closer as the latter yelps and the formers begin to sing.

[Applejack]
It's time to show' em what you've got,

Applejack dusted Twilight off as her crown starts to fall and Rarity takes over.

[Rarity]
It's time to go and get things done.

Rarity readjusts the crown and Fluttershy walks up to them sings next.

[Fluttershy]
But you don't have to do it on your own,

Pinkie then pops up and pulls all the girls into a big group with Twilight in the center.

[Pinkie Pie]
Cause you got friends right here to make it fun!

The group squeeze in closer to Twilight as the Alicorn was getting smooshed by her friends who just kept on singing.

[Mane 5]
We got this! You got this! We got this Together!

The group then separated giving Twilight a chance to breathe but it wouldn't be for long as Rainbow Dash grabbed her foreleg and the two blasted off into the clouds, and as they flew Rainbow continued the song

[Rainbow Dash]
Sometimes the pressure gets you down
And the clouds are dark and grey
Just kick them off and let the sunshine through

The two then pushed through the layer of clouds as Twilight stared at all the clouds blocking up the sky but Rainbow then pulled the corners of her mouth to make a wide smile.

And scary as it seems, more help is on the way
'Cause friends have friends that wanna help out, too

Spitfire, Soarin, and the rest of the Wonderbolts then came bursting through clouds and flew around the princess and their fellow Wonderbolt as they sang with Rainbow.

[Rainbow Dash and Wonderbolts]

We got this, you got this, We got this together!

They then burst into one big cloud revealing the sun. As Twilight was about to question it Rainbow rolled her eyes and pulled her back down.

As Twilight flew around the town the ponies were all getting ready with some of the out-towners pitching in with preparation.

[Crowd]

It's the Festival of Friendship
And we can get it done
A festival that they won't forget

Twilight then landed near Photo Finish and she took her picture which turned out to be great.

A party to be proud of
A day of games and fun
Just you wait and see
A magic day in perfect harmony

She then landed next to Fluttershy by her petting zoo with a bird on the pegasus foreleg and Angel Bunnie next to her.

[Fluttershy]
You got this

She Sung as the bird tweeted in the same melody.

[Bird]
[whistles melody]

Then suddenly Hairy the bear grabbed and hugged them while Twilight struggled to breathe, Angel didn’t seem bothered. Fluttershy and her bird kept singing.

[Fluttershy and bird whistle]
We got this together

Twilight then checked on Applejack and her family for the food preparations and Shining Armor was helping.

[Shining Armor]
With friends and family, you are never alone,
If you need help, we've got your back

He patted Spike’s back accidentally causing him to burn his scroll, While tasted the drinks but recoiled from the bitter taste and added some sugar.

[Applejack]
You can be honest, let your problems be known

The rest apples then set the tables

[Applejack and Apple family]
'Cause you got us to pick up the slack
We got this!

“Eeyup!” Big Mac cheered taking a bite of the pie.

[Apple family]
We got this together

Twilight then checked the stage for the music performance that was being decorated by Rarity and her fashion friends Sassy Saddles and Coco Pommel and Cadence and Flurry were there to observe

[Rarity]
Pay attention to the details
Every gem even-spaced
Make the colors perfect

Spike then snuck around and took a gem to eat.

[Spike]
Takin' one or two to taste.

No one noticed as Rarity continued to sing and Sassy gave her a basket of gems.

[Rarity]
Inside and out, beautiful throughout
Generosity is what we're all about

Just before Spike could take another gem, Rarity passed the basket to over him letting him take a snack.

[Spike]
[mouthful] You got this.

Rarity then levitated the centerpiece with Twilight’s help onto the stage.

[Rarity]
You got this,

[Rarity and Spike]
We got this together

Twilight and Cadence, carrying Flurry on her back, flew up higher overlooking all the preparations for the festival.

[Twilight Sparkle]
Today needs to be perfect, it all comes down to me
I don't know if I'm ready
For all the things they need me to be.

Cadence noticed the nervousness on her Sister-in-law's face and smiled while grabbing her hoof and flew the three of them down the streets and sang.

[Princess Cadence]
But you are the Princess of Friendship
And that is more than just a crown.

The three Alicorns then flew over a lake with Twilight at her reflection and glanced at Cadence & Flurry before mirror their smiles.

[Twilight Sparkle and Princess Cadence]
It's a promise to bring ponies together
And never let anypony down!

They then spun around and splashed the water before flying upwards. Meanwhile, Pinkie was working up a sweat peddling and a giant egg beater mixing up a bunch of cake ingredients in a giant bowl

[Pinkie Pie]
We've got an awful lot to bake,
Each pony needs a piece of cake,
Oh, wait! There's something better we can do!

She then Noticed The Trixie and Starlight were practicing the fireworks, then Cheese Sandwich wheeled in some building materials and took over.

[Cheese Sandwich]
We're gonna need some more supplies,
To make a really big surprise,
She'll be so shocked—she's sure to love it, too!

The Two-Party ponies started building something big that help makes the biggest cake for the celebration.

[Pinkie and Cheese Sandwich]
You got this!
We got this together!

Before long everypony in Ponyville was getting into the swing of things as the Mane 6, Spike, Shining Armor, Cadence, and Flurry Heart looked over at everything going.

[All]
It's the Time of Friendship.
Together we are one.
A day we will never forget,
And now everything is ready
So when the day is done

The Wondebolt cleared the skies.

[Rainbow Dash]
The weather,

The Apple family, checked the food.

[Applejack]
The banquet,

Rarity and her Fashion friends posed for the cameras.

[Rarity]
The style,

Fluttershy and the bands practiced their music.

[Fluttershy]
And music.

Soon the everyone was dancing to the music as Twilight flew upwards.

[All]
All will be in perfect harmony!

They suddenly a large blue cannon shot a large five-layer pink and white cake into the air. Twilight saw it and just barely moved out the way as it landed on the ground with each layer landing on each other with a splat before it melted in a pink puddle. Twilight looked down at the mess before she turned to the cannon, "Pinkie!" She shouted.

Said pony climbed out of the barrel and saw the mess, "Oopsie! Guess My easy bake confetti cake cannon needs a little bit more fine-tuning!" Pinkie grinned, as Twilight just sighed and looked out over all of the citizens of Ponyville and then saw all the work they had done with a smile. She then turned to the ponies below and spoke, "Mares and Gentlecolts, It gives me great joy to see you all hard at work to make sure the anniversary of our town goes perfectly and though it may be still a few days away I have faith that we will, will...will" Twilight suddenly felt a wave of tiredness wash over her, causing her eyes to roll back and her wings stop as she went under. Unfortunately, this also meant she stopped flying and she dropped like rock right straight for the lake below.

The Ponies below gasped in horror as they watched their princess crash into the lake with a splash, Her friends and family in particular screamed, "TWILIGHT!" Not missing a beat Rainbow dove into the lake after her and after a few minutes she pulled herself and Twilight out and she dropped her alicorn friend on the ground gently. Shining immediately ran to her and started shaking her, hoping to wake her up.

"Twiliy?! Twiliy Wake up! Twiliy Please open your eyes!" He cried as Cadence, Spike and the girls gathered around Twilight hoping she was awake and would wake up soon. Unaware that inside Twilight's head she was having quite the encounter.


Twilight found herself walking in a starry blue void, where there was nothing to see, but white sparkling stars all around her. She remembered that she was in a place like this before when she completed Starswirl's spell and was brought to this space where Celestia had made her into Alicorn. She looked left and right hoping to find her former teacher or somepony or at least something that could tell her where she was.

"Hello? Is anypony there?" She called out as she continued walking around still seeing nothing but black.

Until...

And red and orange ball of Fire appeared right to her on her left. Twilight shrieked and backed away from the fireball, not wanting to be burned. But the ball's fire was not a heat to stay back from but a warmth to come closer, as the warmth of the fireplace during a cold winter's night. Inside the fireball was the image of a Volcano with the stone face of an alicorn at its base.

As Twilight questioned whether or not to approach she suddenly felt a gust of wind to her left. She turned only to an orb of silver streams of wind about the same size as the fireball. Twilight felt like the wind from the orb was like a gentle spring breeze that would calm even the most anxious soul. Within its center was the image of a cloud temple with a carved Alicorn on its front. Twilight felt four other surges of powers behind her, so she spun around and saw on her left a swirling ball of rock and dirt with the image of a cave at the bottom of a canyon with another alicorn head, on her right was a blue bubble of water and smaller bubbles with the image of seafloor cave with another alicorn face and straight ahead of her was a yellow sphere of electrical energy with small bolts of lightning along with the image a magnetic floating pillar, bellowing with lightning with an Alicorn head on top of it's main gate, and right behind her was a green sphere of leaves, plants and small vines and inside of it was the visual of a giant tree with yet another Alicorn head carved into the trunk.

Twilight now found herself surrounded by these five orbs that represented the five elements of Creation: Fire, Earth, Thunder, Water, Air and Nature. But why were they here? Were they trying to tell her something, "What is this?" She asked herself. Then suddenly the balls started shaking Twilight looked at them in concern, thinking they were about explode. But instead they started spinning around her, they started off slowly before speeding up and soon they were too fast to see. Soon Twilight was surrounded by spinning flames, bubbles, leaves, bolts, wind, and rocks, the spinning caused her mane and tail to blow upwards.

Twilight was then levitated into the air causing to her yelp, "What's happening?!" She didn't get her answer as the swirling elements turned into a tornado, blowing her higher and faster into the blackness above but the young princess didn't feel scared, she felt as if she had nothing to fear in this tornado of elemental magic. Twilight looked around seeing the spinning colors of red, brown, blue, silver, yellow and green around. Then up and saw in darkness two bright lights one bright blue and the other a bright magenta. They shun like stars they danced around her and Twilight almost became hypnotized by the stars as she felt a sense familiarity to them, like she had seen them before. Then something came into focus as the two stars began swirling, the image was of a magnificent, gold, purple and while castle with two alicorn statues in front of it with the image of a six point star in between them.

'What does this mean?' She wondered as the image then began to change, it now showed a baby pony wrapped in a blanket, crying and sitting on a slab of rock, under an oak tree, surround by a small body of water, with flames and wind dancing around it. The foal had a purple coat with a blue, purple and pink mane.

She reached out her hoof to the image and just as she was about to touch it. There was a huge flash of light and...

"*GASP*" Twilight took in some air as she shot up. She whipped her head around and she saw she was in her room in the castle. Before she could register what happened she felt a pair of hooves wrap around her, "Oh thank goodness your alright!" Said a worried voice.

Twilight turned to her left and saw her mother Twilight Velvet hugging her tightly as tears of relief and joy trailed down her cheeks. She then looked to her right and saw her father Night Light, Shining Armor and Cadence looking just as relived.

"M-Mom? Guys, Wh-what happ?" Twilight tried to say as she couldn't remember anything.

Cadence approached her, "You past out in mid-flight back in ponyville, you landed in the lake but Rainbow managed to pull you out, you were knocked out so we decided to bring you back to the Castle to rest," She then gestured to Night Light and Velvet, "When your parents heard what happened they ported her from Canterlot to check on you, your friends and Spike are back outside overseeing the preparations and Flash is watching Flurry."

"Are you alright, dear? A fall like that could've seriously hurt you." Night Light asked his Daughter as Velvet finally managed to calm down and let go of her but still stayed close.

Twilight nodded her head before she gasped as she remembered her dream, "Mom, Dad! You won't believe the dream I just had! I was in the starry void where balls of Fire, Wind, Water, Leaves and Rocks appeared around me and showed me these places and they turned into a tornado that blew up towards two stars that showed me this city and-" She explained hurryingly as Shining Armor walked to her and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Slow down there!" Shining tried to ease her but Twilight went on.

"And then it showed this image of a foal sleeping under a tree on rock surround by a pond, flames and wind blowing all around it. I don't know what it means?" Night Light and Velvet looked shocked when Twilight said that and looked at each other in concern.

"Mom, dad?" They then turned to their children and Cadence who noticed they're looks, "Is everything okay?"

Night Light sighed and turned to his wife, "Velvet?" He said expectingly.

Velvet nodded hesitantly, "Yes dear, it's time."

"Time? Time for what?" Shining said raising a brow. Velvet sighed and sat down next to Twilight and looked at her and Shining, "Twiliy, Shiny. there's something your father and I have been keeping from you." She then looked directly at Twilight, "Well you mostly dear."

Twilight raised a brow, "What is it?"

Night Light stepped closer to Twilight and said, "We always wanted to tell you the truth but there was just no light way to say it," He then took a breath and looked Twilight straight in the eye, "Twilight that baby you saw in your dream was...you."

Twilight, Shining and Cadence gasped, "What?!" Twilight shouted as her father closed his eyes and recounted the events.

*Flashback*

A younger Night Light clad in gold armor was marching near the forest in Canterlot, as his present self told the story "Years ago when I was still in the royal guard and Shining was a his boot camp I was patrolling near the forest when suddenly I heard the sound of crying coming from within it." Night Light turned to the trees where the noise was coming from. He galloped through the trees following the sound when he screeched to a halt,

"When I found what it was I was shocked by what I saw: There under a great tree, surround by a stream, laying on a rock with flames and wind blowing around it was you all wrapped up and alone with only the the name 'Twilight'." Night Light saw the filly and as soon as she saw him she calmed down and wave her forelegs to him. Night Light following his duty leaped over the stream, through the flames and grabbed the filly before rushing back out of the forest

*Flashback ends*

"It was remarkable, there was nobody around, no note or anything and despite the flames, wind and sound of the forest you didn't seem frightened it almost seemed like they were protecting you." Night Light went on as the younger three were listen to the tale in awe.

"You, you found me it the forest alone? What was I doing there?" Twilight asked as she was greatly confused about all this

"We don't know, your father didn't see anyone go in or out of the forest so it was mystery how you got there." Velvet explained as she saw the gears in her daughter's head-turning so she decided to take over the story, "When your father brought you back home I was just surprised to hear about what happened.

"We knew from that moment you were no ordinary pony Twilight." Night Light finished. Twilight eyes were wide with surprise at this revelation but then her ears folded back and tears began to built up in her eyes as she realized what all of this meant.

"But if what your saying is true, then that means," Twilight whimpered as tears began to slide down her cheeks. Shining and Cadence soon came to the same Realization and Shining jaw dropped and Cadenced covered her mouth with her hooves.

Velvet now seeing Twilight that knew what this meant, took her daughter's hooves in her own, "Yes Twilight." She then closed her eyes and said the three word that changed everything.

"You were, adopted."

Author's Note:

Dun-Dun-DUNNNNN!!!!!

There you have it folks the first Chapter of MLP Return of the King and Queen is out and boy did it turn out big! You can thank my best friend Dinoman213 for helping write some of the text for it.

Also, there is some good news and bad news I'd like to share with all of you. I've gotten so used to writing and planning chapters for this story that I've run out of ones for My Little Ninjago: When Realms Unite so unfortunately I can't work on that story like I promised until I get my inspiration for it back. :twilightsheepish:

But the good news is that while I'm waiting I'll continue working on this story adding a new chapter now and then, so hopefully you'll be seeing some updates occasionally.

Anyway on with the story summary. As you may have guessed this all happens a week after the events of 'Celestial Advice' and the girls and the citizens of Ponyville are preparing for the Anniversary of their town. But it seems that Twilight is plagued by strange dreams and visions of mysterious truths and horrible things.

And it seems the royals sisters Have sensed an approaching evil they are familiar with but this time Celestia feels she shouldn't tell this Twilight and it looks like she and Luna are hiding something from.

As for the song part of the story, this was the first time I did something like that before so if anyone has any ideas for any other songs that could be used in this story please post them in the comment section.

And it looks like Twilight is now having visions of a past she never knew and her family lineage isn't what she thought it was too.

Also, that little Flashlight moment is a bit of a teaser of more to come so keep your heads up.

Anyhoo Next Time, As Twilight comes to grips with the fact that she is adopted, strange things are happening around town, and when she travels to Canterlot seeking answers from her former teacher she discovers that an old foe of Equestria is melting a comeback and that she and her friends are off on another adventure. Find out how she reacts to this in September.

Don't forget to Like, Comment, and Follow me on Fimfiction.

stay cool, stay friends and I'll see you on the website.

Until then NNNNIIIINNNJJJJJAAA-GO!!!