• Published 1st Aug 2021
  • 2,883 Views, 53 Comments

My Little Pony: Return of the King and Queen - HarryBuilder



Twilight has discover that her Family origins aren't what she thought they were, Now she and her friends must travel to the ends of Equestria to find the answers to her past as a great evil rises from shadows to destroy their peaceful way of life.

  • ...
5
 53
 2,883

Prologue (Edited by MelSpyRose)

Prologue: Birth of Princess

Once upon a time in the magical land of Equestria, there lived two Alicorn sisters who would protect the land and they would help keep everlasting harmony. To do this the eldest sister used her magic to raise the sun at dawn while the younger sister used her magic to bring forth the moon to begin the night. Together they ensured that the day and night were equally balanced and maintained peace for all types of ponies as well as other creatures.

But these sisters did not truly rule their kingdom. No, that honor belonged to their elder sister and her husband who were once known to all as the King and Queen of Equestria, who possessed far more power than the two sisters combined. The Queen and her King possessed the power to harness the very power of both the Stars and the Magic themselves and then use it to perform feats one would consider impossible, with this magic they granted special powers to six of their closest friends each attuned with the six elements of creation:

Voltwing, the Guardian of Thunder

Storm Heart, the Guardian of Air

Cliffbore, the Guardian of Earth

Gaia Evermane, the Guardian of Nature

Marina, the Guardian of Water

And Inferno Horn, the Guardian of Fire

Thus with these six elementals and the two sisters by their side, the Alicorn rulers ensured that both peace and harmony would live throughout the land from end to end. But soon that burden would be relieved even more. Because one day after many years of protecting their kingdom, the Queen declared that she and her husband would be having a new baby. The whole kingdom was filled with joy and anticipation for the birth of their future Queen and within a few months, the day of the young Princess’ birth was near, but little did her family and her guardians know that she would play a much bigger and grander role in their kingdom's future.


Deep within the Enchanted Forest lay the grand and beautiful City of Harmonius, with ivory buildings, violet roofs with gold details, silver stone paths, and at the center of it a shining crystal tree with a white crystal, the six-point star right in its center with colorful jewels growing from its branches and flowers, and decent plants and vines hanged all around it. Within this city ponies of all kinds walked and did their business while walking, talking, and enjoying each other’s company as all were connected by a powerful force known by many as friendship.

There were Earth Ponies doing construction, working on crops and running shops and market stands, Pegasi who was handling the weather, and Unicorns practicing spells and mixing potions but most of all there were Alicorns young and old, mares and stallions helping out the other three types or just doing their own thing.

Overlooking this fine city was a massive yet magnificent castle with walls and towers white as snow, its tower tops and roofs were a royal purple with their rims and details gold and in front of its gates, two regal Alicorn statues stood in front of it. This was the Castle of Harmony home of the city’s rulers and their council of harmony.

Within the halls of the Castle of Harmony walked the ruler of the land, King Cobalt Sparkle, he a magnificent stallion with a light blue coat, a dark navy blue mane, and a tail with a purple stripe running through them both blowing in a non-existence wind and he had a beard growing from the bottom of cheeks down to his chin and climbed up the sides of his muzzle forming somewhat of a mustache.

His light blue wings were grand and mighty and were tipped on the ends with silver with special golden wing armor and the rim of his wings. He was also dawned in golden regalia; his neck collar has blue oval jewels with a purple eight-point star on it with a collar on the back of it, his crown was regal with another eight-point star crystal held in the center.

His bare hooves were donned with golden horseshoes with tufts of fur flowing from them, He wore a purple shirt with tassel shoulder pads and a golden sash over his right shoulder, and over it, he wore a dark purple cape with a white and black-marked furry rim to it that draped over his back down to his back calves obscuring his Cutie mark a purple and white eight-point star over a swirling cloud nebula.

Walking alongside this king was a white Alicorn mare who was only a head shorter than he was, her coat was pure white, her eyes a lovely violet, her pink mane and tail also blowing in a non-existence wind like him. Her cutie mark of a golden sun with her golden regalia with cut amethyst crystal on her collar and crown. This was Celestia, princess of the sun and younger sister to Cobalt’s wife.

Celestia was currently magically carrying a yellow and orange egg with a fiery design on its shell and was practically gushing over it, “Oh my goodness I can’t believe I found an actual Phoenix egg, these birds are extremely rare!” She said looking at the egg with adoration. “Ooh, the little one's gonna love her new playmate, wouldn't you agree with me Cobalt?!”

Cobalt looked at his sister-in-law with amusement, ever since it was declared that her sister was pregnant Celestia had practically been singing up and down the towers from one side of the castle to the other about being an aunty. Luna was just as excited but she kept a lot more hidden than her elder sister. Though the excitement was understandable it did make him a bit concerned that his soon to be born child would be a bit spoiled by two loving aunties but he still trusted Celestia and Luna to look after his foal should on the off chance, anything were to happen to him or his wife.

“Hehe, yes I suppose the baby will,” He chuckled, as he raised a brow before turning Celestia, “‘She’ though? What makes you so certain it shall be a filly?”

Celestia chuckled as they walked into the gardens, “Well when it comes to royal Alicorns genetics we mares do outnumber you, males, by a bit.” She said as she kneeled and smelled the flowers.

Cobalt smirked and tilted his head from side to side complementing what she said. It was true that currently he and the guardians of Fire, Thunder, and Earth were the only male Alicorns in the kingdom of royal statues, the remaining others were Celestia, her sisters, and the guardians of Nature, Air, and Water but despite this, they all shared a strong friendship and family ship.

“Heh, I suppose that is true, to be honest, though I am hoping for a little filly.” Cobalt admitted before his face went from smiling to serious as he brought it close to Celestia, “But let me make this clear Celestia, you and Luna are not going to spoil MY child once she’s born.”

Celestia gave a faux gasp of shock as she brought a hoof to her chest, “whatever makes you say that?! I’m offended, why would you ever think so little of me?!” She declared in mock hurt.

“Hmhm, Celestia Solana you are too much sometimes.” The king chuckled as he and Celestia laughed. Then suddenly a guard donning purple and silver armor came running into the garden.

“King Cobalt! King Cobalt!” he called as the stallion and mare turned to the frantic guard as he caught his breath. “Sire! Thank goodness I found you! I have urgent news!”

“Easy there corporal, what is this news for me?” Cobalt asked as the corporal managed to regain his breath.

“Y-yes Sire! I-its, it's very serious news!” He said stammering, the king held up his hoof hoping to calm the poor fellow down, “Now, now son there's no need to be so unnerved just tell me what you have to report-”

“The Queen has gone into labor, they’ve just shipped her back to her room! Princess Luna ordered me to tell you immediately!” The guard interrupted him in one breath. While he panted Celestia's jaw dropped at what he just said and turned to her brother-in-law who had an unreadable expression. Before she could say anything Cobalt’s wings burst out and he shot up into the sky, flying toward his and his wife’s chambers.

Celestia and the guard were momentarily surprised by this action and looked at each other before Celestia spread her wings and flew after the king. As the two Alicorns flew they knew what was happening the moment the guard said the Queen was in labor.

The baby was coming.


Cobalt landed the loud THUD onto the ground and stared at the tower with a sense of uneasiness. His heart was pounding with excitement and fear, his wife had seemed just fine the morning, a little plump but still perfectly fine, to hear that she had gone into labor while he was talking to Celestia was truly a shock; he only hoped that both she and their foal would be alright.

He then trotted up the stairs toward the room he could see that practically every servant and guard in the castle was anxiously waiting outside looking directly at the large double doors of the royal bed chambers, the moment they saw the king however they immediately bowed and kneeled before him. Cobalt ignored them and just continued walking where he saw the seven other Alicorns waiting in front of the door.

The first one Inferno Horn, the guardian of Fire, was a stallion much like himself, almost equal to him in height, build, and size but had a pale red coat and a long red, orange, and yellow fading mane and tail, almost resembling fire. He wore a Dark brownish red coat with a dark gray with tattered coattails at the back and over it was a bronze rimmed-gorget with shoulder pads and on his head a bronze knight visor. On the center of his gorget was a golden medallion with the Insignia of a Flame on it. Under his coat was his cutie mark: A Roaring ball of fire.

The second one was Storm Heart, the guardian of Air. a Silver coated mare with her eyes bright red, her mane whitish-grey and in pigtails with steel clamps, she was decked out in silver and purplish-grey armor, with a wind styled head circlet on her head. Around her neck was a golden medallion with the insignia of a whirlwind on it. Passing his armored skirt, her cutie mark was a swirling storm.

The third one was a male like the first but was a head taller and much bulkier, his name was Cliffbore the guardian of Earth. he had a short dark brown mane and tail, and his coat was chocolate brown, on his serious-looking face were eyes colored a dark gray, and a goatee on his chin. He was decked in Viking armor, a fur vest, dark brown bandages around his forelegs, and had an orangish-brown bandana on his head and a gold medallion with the picture of a mountain on it, on his chest harness. His cutie mark was two rocks smashing into each other.

The fourth one was Gaia Evermane, the guardian of Nature. another female. Her coat was light minty green, her eyes a sky blue, and her mane was dark green and striped with jade green, long and wavy, almost touching the ground with flowers decorating it. She wore a yellow leaf laurel crown and a garland of different colored flowers and attached to it a cloak made from leaves that went right to the ground she wore it around her frame and at the center of the garland was a bright pink flower with a gold medallion with the symbol of a sporting plant. The cloak also hid her cutie mark, a rainbow flower blooming.

The fifth was another female named Marina the guardian of Water. Her coat was light blue, her eyes were a royal purple and her mane was dark blue with streaks of silver and tied in a ponytail with a seashell beret. She wore a silver and light blue dress with light pink shell clamps, she had a pearl and shell bracelet and necklace with her gold medallion with the mark of a water droplet. Her dress also obscured her cutie mark which was a cyan-blue tidal wave.

The sixth was another male, Voltwing the guardian of Fire. He was a bit smaller than Cobalt or the first stallion, his coat was pale yellow, his eyes were bright cyan, his mane was amber yellow, blown back with a cyan lightning bolt-like stripe running through it on both sides. He wore a dark Yellow vest with Bolt details, over a light tan shirt, rusty yellow shoulder pads, and a pair of brown framed goggles with blue lens wrapped around his forelegs were whitish bandages and around his neck was a collar with a gold medallion with a Thunder-cloud on it. Underneath his coat was his Thundering cloud of three bolts of lightning Cutie Mark.

The final and smallest Alicorn of the group was a cornflower blue with a lighter blue mane and teal colored eyes, she had blue glittery slippers and a black tiara on her head with a matching black chest plate with a white crescent moon that matched her cutie mark, a crescent moon atop a black splodge that was meant to act as the black night sky. This was Princess Luna the youngest of the three sisters and princess of the moon.

She and the guardians looked anxiously at the door in front of them. The Queen was behind that door with the newborn princess. Swallowing his fear and exhaling he approached his friends as Celestia followed closely behind, also feeling nervous. Cobalt cleared his throat causing the six to turn to him.

“Your Majesty,” Marine said with a prim and lady-like tone as she and the other guardian bowed down. Luna however just smiled gently and walked over to him and they gave each other a loving nuzzle. Cobalt moved from Luna and turned to the Guardians while the Moon and Sun princess spoke.

“How is she?” The king asked the obvious question first.

Cliffbore walked up to him, and spoke in a gruff but Caring voice, “She went into labor while we were roaming the castle halls,”

"It was completely, utterly, and the most unexpected, incredible, unanticipated, precarious turn of events! We brought her back to her royal chambers as quickly as an adolescent dragon flying quite far and fast from severely rudely awakened Flash bees to rest and recuperate for the delivery Sire, and we made sure she was as comfortably stable as we were conceivably capable of." Volt continued with a Humorous quick-tongued voice.

"Dr. Kindheart and Starswirl are with her right now, they cast a soundproof spell to avoid any of us losing our hearing. But he’ll make sure both she and the baby will be fine." Gaia said in a motherly and tender voice as she placed a hoof on the tense-looking King.

"Yep don't worry dude, they're both in good hooves." Storm said with an Upbeat, Flygirl tone, earning a smack on the head by Infernohorn. “Hey! Not cool Dude!” He exclaimed.

“Try showing some better maturity and respect towards his majesty! Especially at a time like this!” Inferno retorted with a commanding, serious tone.

Cobalt shook his head in amusement as the other chuckled at the two arguing as this was quite a regular thing in this castle. Then suddenly the argument between the Wind and Fire ended as the door opened, stepping out of it was an old dark gray unicorn with golden eyes a white swirling mane, tail, and most noticeably a long white beard. He wore a three-blue colored robe with a matching hat. Both had golden bells on the rim of them with a single bell at the top of the hat with a moon and star design on them. This was the most powerful and wisest Unicorn in Equestria and the royal wizard to the Alicorn royal family, his name was Starswirl the Bearded.

Cobalt held his breath as he walked towards his oldest friend as the other stayed behind him also anxiously waiting for the message the old unicorn would give. The king looked down at the wizard who had a neutral look on his face and asked, “Well, are you going tell us what happened or just standing resembling a statue.”

Starswirl closed his eyes and exhaled, “I just wish for you to know, I will not be your full-time foal sitter.” he said with a grin forming as Cobalt's face became one of shock as the others gasped in shock. Starswirl opened his eyes, moved to the side, and gestured for the Alicorn King to walk in, “Go on Cobalt, Dawn has something very special to show you.”

Cobalt was still and silent for a few moments before he moved automatically as the other Alicorns stayed behind, still stunned. That message from the bearded unicorn had given them had confirmed what they all had hoped.

The baby had been born.


He opened the door and walked into the purple white and gold-colored bedroom Inside to the left there was a fireplace with bookshelves around it and pictures and other objects above it including a big painting with him and an Alicorn mare standing next to him, to the front was a windowed wall with a door the led toward the balcony overlooking the city he ruled over.

To his right, he saw a large king-sized golden framed bed with purple drapes and canopy, with Alicorn heads and wings carved at the top of supports and lavender pillows and blankets. Next to it was a reddish-pink unicorn mare with a red mane in a white robe and glasses, she looked over a clipboard she held in light blue magic.

But she was not the mare Cobalt was focused on, it was the mare in the bed that had his attention. The Mare in question was an Alicorn with a light magenta coat and wings with the tips gold and orange, her mane was the same golden color on her wings with an orange and pink stripe running down it. This was the Queen of Equestria and wife to King Cobalt Sparkle Queen Aurora Sparkle. Her mane was messy and beneath her dark magenta eyes there dried up tears streaks but there was a bright and beautiful smile filled with nothing but endless happiness and love as she stared down at the bundle wrapped in a pink blanket she had in her forelimbs.

Aurora sensed a familiar magic signature that had entered the room and turned to see her beloved husband whose mouth was slightly open, his expression stunned. She still smiled, “Cobalt come here, meet our little star.” She said softly and slightly tired and gestured to him to come closer.

King Cobalt did as he was told, barely noticing Kindheart gasping and bowing her head in respect. Once he was next to his queen she moved her forelegs slightly to show him the bundle. Cobalt felt his breath being taken as he saw the most adorable little baby Alicorn filly sleeping peacefully. Her coat was lovely lavender purple resembling her mother, her mane was in a similar style to her mother's and had her stripes but it was dark navy blue like his and her stripes were purple and pink.

The young filly slowly squinted her eyes open and they shined like amethyst stars. She looked up at her father curiously as Cobalt smiled back at her as tears of joy built up in his eyes. He couldn’t believe it. His baby girl was finally here. Though he knew this day was coming he still wasn’t prepared for the raw emotion he felt.

This was probably one of the happiest days of his life.

He saw his daughter reaching and waving her hooves at her speaking baby gibberish happily. Cobalt understood what she wanted and leaned down towards her. The little one placed her tiny hooves on either side of his muzzle and giggled as her father nuzzled her and his beard tickled her belly.

Aurora giggled at the display before her, “I believe she is rather fond of you.” she said as Cobalt gave a good chuckle back at her.

“She’s perfect, Aurora.” Cobalt said looking back at his Queen, “You did well.”

Aurora merely shook her head, “we did good, Cobalt.”

The Alicorns leaned their heads together as their foreheads touched and their horns crossed, “I love you.” Cobalt whispered.

“I love you too,” Dawn replied as the two then gave a soft loving kiss. The young filly made curious noises as she watched her parents' lips connect.

The door then opened as Celestia, Luna and the guardians walked in. The sisters were the first to reach them and saw their niece. They gasped at the sheer adorableness of the baby as she looked at them with interest. “Oh, my Ancients! She’s the most precious little thing I have ever laid my eyes on!” “Ooh, I just want to eat her up! Look at her little face!” They squealed simultaneously, hopping in place and amusing the little filly who giggled at her aunties’ excitement while the royal couple chuckled as they knew this was a reaction they would get from the two mares.

“Ahaha, Now Celestia, Luna. Please try to contain your excitement, we don’t want to scare the little dear.” Marine said before turning her sights to the newborn, “D’aww, but she’s oh, so gorgeous.”

“Indeed, the sheer adoration and beauty within her minuscule but everso radiant visage is beyond any all cohort thought and comprehension.” Volt Summarized quickly as the filly looked at him curiously.

“Hmhm, Don’t worry about Voltwing little one, he has a tongue as fast as Lightning,” Cliff said as even his rock-solid defenses were broken by the sheer cuteness of the little princess.

“I have faith she will serve this kingdom and Equestria well in the future, Sire,” Infernohorn said to the king as he smiled down at the baby.

“Yes, I can see her to be a fair and kind queen to Equestria and to her people,” Gaia said, giving the baby her serene smile.

“Hoo boy, the castle is sure gonna be even better, with this little cutie around!” Storm declared, her wings flapping and releasing some yellow glow dust. One speck floated towards the foal who ‘ooh’d’ at them. She tried to touch but it landed on her nose and tickled. The adults saw her face scrunch up and then as she sneezed a beam of magenta magic burst out of her horn and hit one of the plants’ pots above the fireplace and then it turned into a frog crossed with orange as it let out a “Ribbit.”

The Alicorns all stared in shock at what they saw before turning to the newborn princess whose horn still glowed as she giggled, “We’re going to need to keep an eye on your magic little one.” Cobalt said, tapping his hoof gently on her horn, turning off her magic.

“I’m sure Starswirl and you two will be able to give her some magical guidance if Cobalt and I are too busy,” Aurora said, looking at her two sisters.

Celestia nodded eagerly, “Oh yes! Don't worry Rory, We’ll be the best Aunties/Magic teachers ever to this little one!”

Luna just shook her and walked to the other side of the bed, she was still incomplete in adoration of her new niece but unlike her older sister she managed to regain her composure, She turned to her brother-in-law and sister smiling, “Aurora, Cobalt. Aren’t we gonna give this little puffball a name or are we gonna spend the rest of eternity just calling her “The Little One”?”

Cobalt and Aurora looked at each other and then down at the little filly, "Well if we knew it was a boy we liked the name, Nova." Aurora said never taking her eyes off her little bundle of joy.

“But if it was a girl then we both knew exactly what to call her.” Cobalt said, tickling the little one’s chin with his feather, causing her to smile and giggle.

“And that would be?” Inferno asked, raising a brow. The Royal couple looked at each other and smiled before turning to their baby, saying her name jointly.

“Twilight.”

The Alicorns looked at each other, rolling the name around in their head, feeling that that fit the young one perfectly, “Princess Twilight Sparkle?” Celestia repeated before leaning her head down to her niece with a warm smile, “I think that’s a perfect name.” She spoke softly then kissed Little Twilight's forehead as she giggled.

Twilight didn’t know why everypony was giving her so much attention but she loved it, she knew these ponies were family by sight, by scent, and their love. She knew they would always be together.

“Now, my little Twilight, you must be careful growing up for I see great things in your future,” Aurora said to her baby girl, even though she knew Twilight didn’t understand. Twilight then let out a yawn that melted the adults’ hearts as she buried her head in her mother’s coat. “My beautiful little star.”

As they watched the little Alicorn fall asleep none of them realized that this little filly would grow up to be their kingdom’s greatest hero along with their very best friends.

Author's Note:

Here it is, the first chapter of my AU of Season 7. When I first saw how season 7 went I thought it was, eh alright, but I wanted it to be something really special, And given how Twilight became the ruler of Equestria in Season 9 I decided I need to make season 7 give a bit more sense into how the works, an alternate origin of the Elements of Harmony and also why Celestia and Luna are only princesses and not queens.

So I thought Why not make it where Twilight was a princess born from the original King and Queen of Equestria and was the biological niece to her Mentor and her sister, as for the five elemental Alicorns I decided to include them to add a bit more pizazz into the story.

And for those wondering about My little Ninjago don't worry I came up with a sound system each half of every month I'll alternate between This story and that one, so expect the next My Little Ninjago chapter around mid-August.

As for those wondering 'If Twilight was born so long ago how can she be so young in the future or even be in the future at all' that question and any others will be answered in time but if you do have any please type them in the comment section down below.

But Next Time we jump back into the present where the girls are celebrating the Anniversary of Ponyville but as night comes Twilight is plagued by dreams of memories she doesn't remember. Or so she thinks and she is not the only one to have these dreams. Find out who that is by the end of August.

(This Chapter was edited and grammar fixed by my friend MelSpyRose. I added an Electricity guardian)

Don't forget to Like, Comment, and Follow me on Fimfiction.

stay cool, stay friends and I'll see you on the website.

Until then NNNNIIIINNNJJJJJAAA-GO!!!