• Published 25th Jul 2021
  • 2,832 Views, 118 Comments

Andante - The path of the dreams - CaioCoia



Spike, a dragon with a broken heart, leaves Ponyville to follow his dreams. And meeting somepony he wasn't familiar with was the start of a great friendship or even more.

  • ...
2
 118
 2,832

Dynamics of the festival

As the evening crossed the sky of Canterlot as the moon finally went wide up in the sky. All the elegant ponies walked over the streets to celebrate a good event that happens once each year. Something most nobles and members of the high society of Equestria waits for months to get a place for their enjoyment.

As the hotel placed mostly musicians from all the places of Equestria, it was a good time for many of the said musicians to take their time to dress and take their instruments to the orchestra which is a few meters from the hotel.

It was an event that mostly ponies waited during the entire year...

"And that's all the stupid content that this pamphlet will say." The mint green unicorn scoffed as she grabbed her lyre and walked beside the hall of the hotel. "I don't know why ponies would make such dramatic publication, it's not Royal Galloping Gala, for goodness sake. It's just a week of the orchestra. Not many nobles would be there to listen to classic music."

Dressing a glamorous cyan dress, the mare watched all kinds of ponies carrying their instruments over the doors, and a long line was being placed from her position.

"Great, now I have to wait more than 20 minutes for this line to be over. Of course..." The mare grumbled annoyed, as she looked at the pamphlet one more time, fixing the content inside of it.

"Oh, crude. This is horrible. I knew I shouldn't have wasted much time choosing which dress I should use. Now I have to wait in the line, and by Faust... the tuba ponies is on front at the line? This will take almost an hour." Another voice came from behind the mare. As she turned her head, she found a familiar face that she didn't think she would have seen during a few days. A grey mare with a pink bow on her neck and a huge cello on her back.

"Yo Octavia, didn't saw you during the train trip, I thought didn't come this year." The mare smiled as she found somepony she knew well enough to launch the stupid pamphlet away from her eyes.

"Lyra? What a surprise, well... I mean... I kinda oversleep at the time and I was late to take the train, so I managed to pay for the last ticket train of the night, and I came here by the night of yesterday." Octavia blushed shamefully while she heard a snort from the mint mare.

"No way, you? Late for something? Wow that's precious, anyway, it seems that train of the night was the most uncomfortable, is that true?" Lyra raised her eyebrow as she could see the mare actually using her hoof to tap her chin as she thought.

"Hmmm... I wouldn't say uncomfortable, it was a bad experience to sleep and be awake at 3 a.m? Yes, it was, but to be honest... there was a pleasant surprise while many ponies were at the train at that hour..." Octavia remembered about a violin recital in the middle of the night, which many ponies found pleasing while they were feeling uncomfortable at the train.

"You're kidding. What kind of surprise the train stallions would do to all the passengers to make it pleasant?" The mint mare raised her eyebrows as she asked.

Octavia shook her head in denial.

"No, it wasn't the train stallions, it was one of the passengers who played in the middle of the night." Octavia smiled as she remembered how a chubby dragon violinist managed to make all the passengers have a pleasant trip with good violin music.

"You aren't kidding, wow, to have somepony to play in the middle of the night, the violinist must have been trying to keep sharp for the festival." Lyra whistled, admiring somepony who played even being sleep-deprived. It must have a reason for trying to practice in the middle of the night. "Which piece he play?"

"Violin Partita No. 2 in D minor, BWV 1004" Octavia said in an amused tone, as she saw the look on her friends' faces, as she stopped and stared hard at her.

"BachKing?" Lyra asked as she received the nod from the cellist, which made her look at her. "Let me guess... a purple dragon."

"How did you know?" Octavia looked at the harpist who scoffed at her.

"Oh silly Octavia, there is nopony who plays Bachking and lives in Ponyville like Spike, that drake played his songs like it was a foal play, and trust me, I saw him playing like it was a foal play and it was absurd... Actually, I think I saw both my teachers had an existential crisis when he did that... Their self-esteem was destroyed like a blew in the candle." Lyra held her laugh as she saw the look at the mare behind her.

"What? How old he was when he did that." Octavia's eyes' went wide open after Lyra gave some thought and proceed to answer the question in the most absurd way...

"Since I met him when I had 5 years old... I think when he was 3 years old." Lyra shrugged as she looked at the face of the cellist who seemed to drop her mouth in disbelief. "I mean, he started playing at 3 years old, but he became a monster of music with 6. I remember talking to them a few weeks ago and they said Spike was an eye-opener for them on how they should teach the future prodigies and how to deal with their own self steam after learning that there are so many more talented ponies and dragons in Equestria."

"Really? They didn't try to sabotage him like usual, the veterans do to the prodigies?" Octavia asked while receiving her friend shoo her head.

"Nope, they aren't like that, they are silly sometimes, but what they want is to make everypony enjoy their music, and even being depressed with lack of self steam, they still managed to teach Spike well, and I think Spike didn't do the classes for taking attention of other ponies, but it was more to enjoy himself," Lyra said as they walked further.

"AWAY FROM ME YOU MORONIC PONIES. I'M GOING TO BE THE LEAD SINGER AND I NEED TO BE AT THE HALL RIGHT THIS MOMENT." A strong shouting voice came from the back of the line, which made all the ponies look at the stallion walking straight to the door. His white fur and 3 parts of his head were covered with yellow mane, while most parts were bald from his own head.

Both Lyra and Octavia, gave room for the fat stallion to walk grumpily at the door and with a huge buck kick the others from the door. Leaving a bad taste to all the musicians in the hotel.

"This Opera Hoove, one day he just sang an Opera of 2 hours, and now he thinks of himself as a huge star. Ponies like this are just asking for trouble appearing to them. I'm glad that I live far away from him. Ponies like him always attract unlucky encounters." Lyra who always seemed to be a cool mare, couldn't deny that she feels disgusted by the stallion who just made such musicians get through the door by force.

"You have a good point Lyra, and I'm obliged to agree with you. Ponies who always treat ponies like that are always a way to attract enemies whenever they go. I'm just glad that we are going to play just one song for this jerk." Octavia fixed her bowtie as she glared in the direction of the stallion who walked away. "Now, let's focus on another thing. Tell me about the classes you had with the dragon."

"Oh? Look at that, it's like the little dragon has your curiosity... are you interested?" Lyra gave some hints as her eyebrows raised and dropped in such quick motion like giving another meaning. While the cellist's eyes went wide open and quickly turned her head away, as her cheeks appeared a tiny blush of pink.

"It's not that. It's because we never met another musician pony from Ponyville, and it was a good time to meet new ponies..." Octavia tried to subdue the grinding smile from the mint mare, but she smiled even wider.

"Oh, is that so? Well... if you are not that curious, then I'm going to sit next to him when he plays it at the orchestra." Lyra scoffed and turned her back, as she left Octavia glared at the mare and she bite her lips.

"How do you know he is going to play?" From the tone of the voice, Lyra discovered that her college was in fact interested to know about the violinist.

"Oh Octavia, your silly mare... Let me tell you something I learned from my foal hood at the music school for fortunate talented ponies. When a musician is without music for soo long, it's like a thirsty wanting to be fulfilled from one oasis." Lyra smirked as her friend raised her eyebrow surprised. "Spike's dream was denied by years, many ponies who know about his talent knew about that. It's painful to watch a talented pony give up their dreams to somepony. And now, since what happened is happened. I'm sure after the talk he had with his parents, he will be great in no time and even start playing as soon as possible."

"Do you really think so?" Octavia looked at her friend, which waved her hoof-like it was normal, after receiving a good affirmative from the mare, Octavia smiled as she could be optimistic about the event over the week.


The dark of night gives a beautiful view of the lights exposing in the corner street in a place with many ponies walking over the street. Many ponies dressed for the event awaited during the entire year. Ponies outside of the main open area where it would be the size of a goofball stadium, where many ponies dressed cordially talked among themselves. Some were the musicians who were part of the orchestra, some were the families of the same ponies, and went there to enjoy their night hearing their own relatives.

Usually, the even would be about the nobles from Canterlot, but in fact was for everypony who wants to hear good music before to sleep, and enjoy a good experience of a week once per year.

Spike awaited this experience most of his life. He heard many good stories from Lyra about how an event like that would be memorable and he always wanted something like that. Not something too big, but something for him to enjoy.

He looked at his parents who seemed well dressed for the event, and himself was wearing his favorite suit from Canterlot, and in case he wanted to ask some points for some ponies, he brought his trusted violin, just in case to learn at the event.

After entering the concert area, the fancy structure of an open area, with pillars of marble, and a marble roof for the opera singer, and the chairs around the pillars, it was so simple but so fancy, and with the magical light spell around the marble, making them changing colors by the sound, it made Spike's eyes sparkle in awe.

"So this is the Canterlot Royal Orchestria Event? It's amazing. Thanks for bringing me here mom and dad." Spike said happily, as he heard both his parents chuckle at his actions. "I will take a walk over here and see if I find somepony to ask for a few tips."

"Okay, but don't forget to be here in 15 minutes, your seat is B-15." Twilight Velvet called him after he left but not before nodding to them and giving a wave. "Sigh, Night he seems so happy that it looks like nothing happened yesterday."

"Well honey, that's because we are really good at what we do. We are good parents and good therapists... Now... where is the pony who sells nachos over here?" Night Light who seemed to rub his hooves excited to eat something saw a pony dressed as a vendor who carries a food kart. "There he is. See you soon honey."

Twilight Velvet smiled as she shook her head almost rolling her eyes.

"Colts and Stallions, different ages, but same minds sometimes." Twilight Velvet giggled as she walked to her seat and open a magazine with the gossips of Canterlot society. A cover with a picture of Princess Celestia dressed as a banana and the cover the letters of the cover. (The pleasant guilty pleasure of the monarchy. Look at the dirtiest dreams from the princess of the sun. Pictures made by Nightmare ShadowLuny. ) "Such silly colts."