• Published 21st Jul 2021
  • 329 Views, 4 Comments

Flash Sentry Bull-ship File - King-Mac-13



Step 1) Ship girl with Flash Sentry. Step 2) Write story about relationship. Step 3) Profit?

  • ...
 4
 329

Dreams of Moonlight

Author's Note:

Dreams of Moonlight (Flash x Luna)

Luna enjoyed the nighttime and dozes off. Her dreams are filled with reflections of what she desires.

(I rolled a randomizer until I got a character to work with and Luna was the winner. It's stated in story, but I'll say it here too. Flash is 19 in this story and graduated two years previous.)

Midnight. It was Luna’s favorite time of the day. The night sky was decorated with the brilliance of the stars and everything just felt right. It wasn’t overly hot like noon. It was a night chilly feeling that really improves Luna’s mood. Luna was definitely a night owl. There was only one problem tonight, however.

“I-it’s so cold…” Luna was currently walking through her kitchen as she finally got a drink. She’d spent the last few hours playing Shadow Spirits now that Winter Break finally came around. She groaned as she walked across the hard laminated floor in her pajamas: dark blue pants and an oversized black, short-sleeve T-shirt shirt. Unfortunately, because it was ‘winter’ break, it was cold as heck. Luna groaned as she finished her drink and walked quickly to her room again.

As she entered, she made her way to her desk and to her PC. Sitting down, she looked at her launcher’s start window. She debated playing another game, but she couldn’t bring herself to at the moment. She just sighed and moved the mouse to the close-window button. A few clicks later and the device was shutting down.

She stood and walked over to her bed, getting under her covers. She wasn’t tired, she was too cold for that. But she didn’t want to sit around and be cold. Thankfully, she’d set up a TV in her room, though her consoles were in the Living Room. So that was out. As the TV droned on in the background, showing some old cartoon she used to watch when it came out, Luna thought back over the last couple of years.

It’s been two years since the most infamous class of Canterlot High, dubbed the Magic Class, graduated. Sunset Shimmer and her friends made a serious impact on the school. But that was in the past. Canterlot calmed down a lot now that there wasn’t so much magic going on. Celestia would say things became dull or boring, but Luna’s sister was always an adrenaline junky. Luna preferred CHS as it is now.

Luna closed her eyes as she reminisced over everything after that. One thing in particular came to mind. Last year, Luna met up with one of her students again for the first time since he graduated. Luna had just gotten over a particularly long test day and he offered to buy her a treat from the Sweet Shoppe. After that, things hit off quickly and they were free to see where things went now. Luna hadn’t given him much thought before that day, but it was hard to get him out of her head ever since. Luna started to drift off as one name rang out in her mind.

Flash Sentry.


Luna’s eyes slowly opened, looking around a moment before jolting up in shock. She wasn’t in her bed. She was in what could only be called an opulent bed fit for royalty! There were even curtains around the bedposts! She sat up and looked down, finding her t-shirt and pants swapped out for a long blue nightgown.

“What in the world?” She opened the curtains and stepped out onto the floor below her. It had to be marble or some kind of other fancy stone! Her small apartment couldn’t have anything like this. She looked to the side and found a massive window with a balcony. She placed her hands against the glass and looked out over what looked like a large fantasy city.

Luna took in a deep breath and placed her hand over her heart. “Okay, Luna. Calm down. This is obviously a dream or something.” She looked over to a desk nearby and found a silver tiara-style crown with a crescent moon etched into the center of the front spire. She picked it up and looked it over. “And I’m royalty?”

A knock at the door pulled her attention away. “Princess! You requested that I wake you up if I don’t see you earlier.” Luna didn’t recognize the voice.

Luna cleared her throat. “Oh course! I’ll… be right out. Just wait by the door.”

“Of course ma’am!”

After a moment of silence, Luna really took stock of everything. Okay Luna. Think. This could be a magic scenario. You’ve been out of them since those girls left CHS. Or, it’s just a dream. Okay! If this is a dream, then I’ll have this mirror ripple like water. She raised a hand and touched the mirror, causing the reflective surface to ripple out from the point of contact. “Okay. Dream it is.”

Luna decided to ride this out and see what happens. With a trip to her closet, Luna had changed far too quickly into a full dress. It was too easy to put on, so it just had to be a dream. The dress was a beautiful, sparkling dress in a wonderful midnight blue. It came with a pair of silver bracelets and three-inch-high, professional heels like the ones she wore to work at CHS. She spun around, keeping an eye on the mirror. “I look pretty good. I might need to wear dresses more often.” There was a pause before she continues, “when was the last time I wore a dress?”

A knock at her door moved her attention again.

“Hold on a moment. I’ll be right there!”

“With all due respect, Princess,” the voice made a shiver run up Luna’s spine, “we need to get to the throne room.” That was Flash.

Luna looked over herself again, adjusting her hair a bit to look more presentable. Satisfied, she made her way to the door. Opening it made her heart skip a beat. Flash stood in the hallway in golden armor with a cape that matched his hair perfectly. He looked like a knight straight out of a fantasy novel! He looks just like the Flash she knew, too. Nineteen years old and he already seemed like a picture of handsomeness. He’d built up some muscle over a few years and it definitely showed. His hair had been cut down somewhat and placed into a short ponytail, which was a dreamland exclusive it seemed.

Realizing she was probably staring, Luna coughed and tried to act princess-like. “What is it you need?”

Flash nodded and waved off the other guard, who walked away. Once he was out of earshot, Flash turned back to Luna. “You look stunning, Princess.”

Luna hitched a bit. “Oh! Um… Thank you.” Then, her mind reminded her of something. It’s a dream, Luna. Just roll with it. It’s like Celestia says, there’s no wrong way to fantasize.

Flash seemed to chuckle at her thoughts, though it was likely about her stuttering. “I’m glad to see I still have this effect on you, Princess.” His laughing faded away, his grin remaining, “I’m here to gather you for a meeting with the Court. Whatever they’re talking about, it sounds important.”

Luna nodded, falling back to her time with fantasy RPGs to play out her character. “Of course. I suppose I shouldn’t keep them waiting then. Lead the way.”

Flash bowed slightly and led her through the hall. Luna was stunned by the beautiful decor and details around her. White walls, golden accenting, purple floor lining beneath her feet, and so many little things that just kept her eyes darting around. Eventually, they made it to a wide room with a silver colored throne at its end. A series of figures flanked the room, none of which were very detailed. They were like non-player characters that have just enough story relevance to be distinct, but not really original. Flash led her to the throne and she sat in the rather comfortable chair.

Luna looked to the men around her and nodded once as the men gathered closer and kneeled. “Now then, what do you all need of me?”

A Court lead looked up toward her, “My Lady, we of the Royal Court have asked you here for a matter most grave.”

Luna leaned to her side a bit, propping her chin against her open hand. He’s really laying this on thick.

The lead continued, “After these years, the Kingdom has grown powerful, but we have a great issue to be dealt with. The burden of royalty hangs over your head and we fear the future demands it must be addressed.”

Luna sighed, “Speed things up. I’m not getting any younger.” Luna raised an eyebrow seeing the Lead flinch. Then she thought back over royalty in her games. “That’s what this is about isn’t it? You believe I’m aging then?”

“Of course not My Lady! You are the picture of beauty and grace! But we must also think of the future of the Kingdom. I am afraid that we must insist you start to consider your future marriage prospects.”

Luna huffed, thinking back to Cadence’s words during their last call. “And I suppose you’ve already found suitors for me then?” There was a little venom in there, remembering how her friend would try to play matchmaker until recently.

The Lead flinched, but didn’t say anything to confirm or deny.

Luna growled and stood up again. She knew a thing or two about power plays being a Vice Principal. “If you did, send them away immediately. I will not hear of anyone trying to tell me how to live my life!” Internally, Luna was smiling. I’m pretty good at this.

The Lead bowed his head again, his forehead flat against the floor, “Understood your Majesty!”

“Now, begone and see it done!” The Court scrambled to their feet and ran out of the room, leaving Luna and Flash alone again. Luna sat back down and sighed in annoyance. “What an annoying conversation to have.”

But the knight at her side had to speak up, “They are right, though. The Kingdom will need an heir or we run the risk of chaos in the future.”

“I know. But regardless.” Lun leaned back onto her hand. “It’s something I’d prefer to handle on my own terms.”

Flash nodded. “I understand, your Majesty.” Flash paused, seemingly wanting to say something before he seemed to hold his tongue.

Luna noticed this and raised an eyebrow. “Speak, my knight.”

“It’s nothing, My Lady. Just a stray thought. You don’t need to hear the thoughts of a lesser knight.”

“Nonsense.” Luna motioned for him to approach her. “You are a treasured friend. And… You mean so much more to me.”

“My Lady?”

Luna looked away as her cheeks darkened a bit. “I’m lucky to have you in my life.”

Flash’s cheeks seemed to darken as well. “T-thank you, my Lady! A lower knight like me is unworthy of your praise.”

An idea hit Luna at that moment. “That’s right. You are a knight. And knights are considered nobility. Right?”

Flash blinked in confusion. “I… believe so.”

Luna’s cheeks turned a bit darker as her mind played out a scenario. “T-then approach.”

Flash stood again and made his way toward her, kneeling down in front of her.

Luna stood and stepped toward him, “Stand for me.”

Flash was on his feet again and looking up to her, given she was still a full head taller than him. “What do you need my Princess?”

Luna slowly raised her hands and placed them on his cheeks. “I have only known you this way for a few years. But I feel myself drawn to you. If I am to select the one to share my future, I would choose you.”

As she spoke, she started to lean closer slowly. Ever so slowly. Her eyes closed as she mentally prepared for what she was about to do. Then, everything just stopped, fading out. She could still hear his voice calling her.

Luna. Luna. Luna…


“Luna?”

Luna stirred from her sleep and slowly looked to her side. Standing there was the face she’d just left in her dream. “Flash?”

“Yeah. You told me to wake you up when I got back from my trip. My mom says hi by the way.”

“That’s good.” Luna chuckled as she let out a yawn. “Welcome back. I missed you.”

Flash leaned down and kissed her cheek. “I missed you too.”

Luna let out a happy, but still sleepy, sigh. “Come here already. I’m cold.”

Flash chuckled and took off his signature jacket and moved under the covers next to her. He set himself up on his side and pulled her back against his chest. Wrapping arms around her, he cuddled up with her in the bed. “Warm enough now?”

Luna smiled and brought her hand up to his. “Yes. But…” She turned herself around in his arms to face him. “I just wanted to say that I know we haven’t been together very long, but I’m very lucky to have you in my life.”

“Oh!” Flash smiled and held her close. “I feel the same way.”

Luna thought back to her dream and placed her hands on his face. She leaned in slowly and, unlike the dream, she found his lips to meet hers. Just another reason to love the night time so much. Nothing to keep them apart.