• Published 4th Sep 2021
  • 761 Views, 64 Comments

Pokemon the Movie: Rival and Darkness - Banshee531



Horizon City, a technological masterpiece where humans and Pokémon live together peacefully. But when an ancient evil threatens to destroy everything, it's up to some very unlikely heroes to stop it before it's too late.

  • ...
1
 64
 761

Chapter 5

In the City's Pokémon Center, Lightning watched as Nurse Redheart took his Pokeballs into the back room. Once she was gone, Lightning moved over to a nearby couch, the memory of that cloaked weirdo that had attacked him floating in his head. He clenched his fists at this, only for a flash of light to come off his belt. It was Gorillamp, appearing in front of him as he glared at his trainer.

"What?" He hissed, the two glaring at each other. And as they did this, the two seemingly had a whole conversation without saying a word, only their faces talking like an almost psychic connection.

"You're right," he grumbled as he stood up. "Sitting here won't solve anything. I've gotta find whoever did this and make them pay. Hard."

"Rill!" Gorillamp replied before punching his fist into his palm. Lightning nodded back, only for the building to suddenly shake.

"WHOA!" He yelped, almost losing his balance, "What was that?!" It was then heard a scream outside, making him turn to the door and see everyone staring upward. Slowly stepping outside, they turned to the direction they were looking, "What are you all-" He stopped when he saw it, his eyes going wide. "No way."

Standing near the edge of the crater, staring down at the city, was the Legendary Pokémon known as Centirek. The Cataclysmic Pokémon let out a growl as it glared at the city that had appeared since its imprisonment, raging anger radiating off it as it let out a low hiss.

And off to the side, Flash and the others were staring at it unnoticed. "I can't believe it's awake," Twilight whispered.

"What happens now?" Spike asked, only to get an answer when a sphere of energy appeared in the spot on its forehead between its horns. A moment later, the sphere phased into its head before it opened its mouth.

"Cen-" Another energy sphere appeared in its mouth, "TIREK!" It exploded into a beam, which shot down into the crater and struck one of the buildings. That building's top completely exploded, sending debris flying into the streets below. Everyone gasped at this, hearing the screams of people and Pokémon as they ran away from the approaching rubble.

Centirek then fired again, destroying another building. Then it fired again and again, reducing many of the buildings to rubble. "STOP!" Flash screamed, but Centirek didn't notice, instead crouching its legs before leaping over the edge of the crater. The group watched the Legendary fall down, causing the ground to shake before firing another barrage of Hyper Beams.

"What have I done?!" Starlight asked as she saw the now destroyed city.

"This isn't your fault," Twilight told her, "Cozy was the one that freed that thing."

"Using a device I created," Starlight whispered, "This is just as much my fault as it is hers."

The others grimaced at this, only for Flash to yell, "We can sit around feeling sorry for ourselves later!" They all turned to him as he pointed at the legendary, "Centirek's awake now and we can't change that. But what we can do is stop it from doing to much damage!"

Sunburst nodded back, "He's right. Just like in the legend, it'll start hunting down Pokémon and stealing their power." Sunburst turned to the others, "If we don't stop that thing here and now, it'll only grow more powerful. If that happens, nothing's gonna be able to stop it."

"That means we gotta try to stop it now!" Flash exclaimed before they turned to the staircase while Skyler, Astro, Owlicious and Flitanium took to the air. "Get him, but don't get too close!" They nodded as they flew for the Legendary while the others began to climb down the staircase.


The city was in total panic, the place now falling apart. People screamed as a building exploded, many Pokémon doing their best to blast the falling rubble. But as they did this, the shadow of the explosion's cause illuminated the dust filled street, a pair of bright red eyes beginning to glare at them.

The dust quickly faded to reveal Centirek, who growled as it reached down and grabbed some nearby Pokémon, a Buizel, Magmar, Clobberoo, Cacturne and Electabuzz, all struggling against the giant's powerful grip. But Centirek refused to release them, lifting the five to its head and opened its mouth. As it did this, a veil of energy began to come of the Pokémon, only for it to inhale, sucking the energy off of them. And as this happend, every Pokemon cried before losing consciousness, blacking out as the energy veil came to a stop. Their energy flew into Centirek's mouth, swallowing it before its body grew a couple of millimetres.

It then dropped the five and began marching through the city, constantly firing Hyper Beam after Hyper Beam. But before it could get too far, it suddenly heard a roar. "GALVERN!" It turned to the sound, now seeing Astro as it fired a Dragon Rage while the other Flying-types flew down to grab the Pokémon it had attacked.

The Dragon Rage hit its shoulder, making the Legendary hiss before shrugging it off as it fired another Hyper Beam. "Gal!" Astro barrel-rolled out of the way, just as Skyler and the others carried the downed Pokémon away. "Vern!" He then fired a Shadow Ball at Centirek, who responded by summoning the energy ball from on its forehead again before it phased back into its head.

"TIREK!" This time, Centirek fired a stream of dark energy rings. It struck the Shadow Ball, causing it to explode and create a smoke cloud that Astro used to escape.

And when the smoke cleared, the Galvern stared Centirek down as Skyler, Owlicious and Flitanium all returned after getting the Pokémon to safety. "Owl!" Owlicious used Psychic to grab some debris and throw it at the Legendary, while Flitanium used Air Slash and unleashed multiple blades of wind. They slammed into Centirek, making it growl as it began to use its arms to cover his face. As it did this, Skyler flew in close and used Steel Wing on its arms, making the Centirek roar in pain.

Centirek then tried to grab him, but he shot away as Astro, Flitanium and Owlicious fired their attacks again. "Cent!" He roared before summoning the forehead orb again, it going back into its head before it fired a Hyper Beam in a semi-circle that struck several buildings around them.

Explosions covered the area, forcing the fliers to back off as Centirek to keep firing at them. As this happened, a piece of rubble flew up and clipped Skyler, making him wince before Centirek reached out and grabbed him. "TORE!" He cried as the hand squeezed him, pulling him back as Centirek fired a Dark Pulse that pushed the rest back.

Skyler turned to Centirek as it opened its mouth and began sucking the energy out of him. The Tornavian cried out as he struggled against the grip, "Tore!" he yelped, feeling his strength fade until Astro fired a Dragon Rage that struck Centirek's hand.

"Cen!" The Legendary roared as Astro flew down, snatching Skyler as Flitanium and Owlicious kept firing attacks at the monster. But as the Legendary recovered, another voice called out.

"Aura Sphere!" It looked around at the voice, only for a sphere of energy to hit its face. It roared, staggering back as Flash, Twilight, Doc, Spike, Starlight and Sunburst ran into view. Springer had been running ahead of them, now on top of a pile of rubble.

"Ri!" He then threw another Aura Sphere, which struck Centirek in the chest, allowing Flitanium and Owlicious to fly past it as Astro landed with Skyler in his claws.

"Skyler!" Flash ran to his Tornavian's side, "You okay?" Skyler let out a weak moan, "Aw no..." He held out his Pokeball, "Take a good rest." He returned him before glaring at Centirek, "You're not gonna get away with this!" Centirek just growled as Flash took out his other three Pokeballs. "LET'S GO GUYS!"

The balls flew up and summoned the three Starters of Equestria. "TIDAL/STAG/VI!" Riptide, Prongs and Viper landed, all glaring up at the large Pokémon.

Meanwhile, Doc and Twilight took out their Pokeballs. "Higear, Tockwork and Aggron, LET'S GO!"

"Come on out Shine!" They threw them and the four Pokémon appeared along with the starters, Springer and the others joining the ground. And they weren't the only ones that intended to do battle.

"There it is!" They turned to see multiple trainers running toward Centirek, Flash recognizing them as the ones he had fought before arriving at the city. "Let's get that thing!"

With that, they threw their Pokeballs up and unleashed their Pokémon. This included the ones Flash had battled, along with the trainers that had been fighting in the tournament and a few he hadn't seen yet. "Use Dragonbreath!" A Steelix fired the beam at the Legendary, it being the only Pokémon larger than Centirek, if only slightly. The blast struck Centirek, pushing it back before the Legendary swung its arms, dispelling the attack before firing a Hyper Beam at Steelix. And as the attack knocked the metal snake down, Flash's remaining Pokémon charged.

"Drain Punch, Rock Smash, Energy Ball, Flamethrower and Dragon Rage!" The ranged attacks hit Centirek, distracting it as Springer and Riptide reached its front legs, the two each aiming at one of its hooves.

"RI/REP!" They roared as they punched and kicked the leg, knocking it off balance.

"Alright Peewee!" Spike ordered his Terragon, "Use Draco Meteor!"

"Terra...GONE!" Peewee formed the orb in his mouth before firing it straight up, the sphere shooting above Centirek and exploding.

"Psychic!" Twilight yelled as Owlicious used his mental abilities to grab the comets, directing and slamming them into the Legendary.

"Flamethrower!" A Mushroast and Pyruby trainers commanded, the pair unleashing the streams of fire at Centirek.

"Gear Grind, Zap Cannon, Air Slash and Rock Slide!" Doc's Pokémon fired their attacks, the rocks slamming down on Centirek from above while the other attacks struck from below.

"Shadow Ball!" Some trainers called out as their Skullimor, Drifloon and Ghouwail unleashed dark energy orbs.

"You too Astro!" Flash added, the Galvern now launching a Shadow Ball.

"Sludge Bomb/Ice Beam/Bullet Seed!" Cauldrula, Boaraurora and Grattle fired their attacks while Springer used Extreme Speed to parkour up the side of a building until he reached Centirek's head height.

"RI!" He roared, firing an Aura Sphere that slammed into Centirek's face.

"CENT!" The Cataclysmic Pokémon screeched, "TIREK!" It pulled its arm back and swung it, trying to punch Springer.

"RI!" Springer leapt out of the way just as the Steelix charged and tried to use Head Smash. Centirek saw this coming and grabbed the iron spikes on Steelix's side. This held it in place, stopping Head Smash from hitting before Centirek began to drain it.

"NO!" Steelix's trainer screamed as the Steel-type began to weaken. The other Pokémon started firing attacks at it, but Centirek simply shrugged it off as it kept draining Steelix. It then dropped the metal serpent and roared as its body glowed, increasing in size.

"Not good," Flash gulped as Centirek's forehead glowed again before firing another Hyper Beam. The Pokémon did their best to avoid it, but several were struck, all sent flying including Owlicious, Peewee and Prongs.

Twilight then noticed a Xatu flying towards it as a trainer cried out. "Zen Headbutt!" Blue psychic energy wrapped around it as it slammed into Centirek. But the energy just disappeared, doing no damage to the beast, only for Centirek to glance down at it, "Teleport!" Xatu disappeared before Centirek could grab it, reappearing next to its trainer. "What happened?"

Twilight's eyes went wide, "It must be a Dark-type." She turned to her Pokémon, knowing Shine and Owlicious's attacks would be useless. "No...unless..." She turned to the trainer, "Does that thing know Miracle Eye?"

She nodded back before pointing at Centirek, "Miracle Eye!" Xatu's eyes glowed before firing a beam of light that struck Centirek. The Legendary growled, feeling itself being effected by the attack. It then turned to Xatu and grabbed it, making it cry out.

It tried to use Teleport, but Centirek's grip made it lose focus. "NO!" Its trainer screamed as the other Pokémon tried to save it, but Centirek spun on the spot and used its tail to create a wave of wind that blew them away. It then breathed in and stole away Xatu's power, dropping it once it got it all.

The trainer returned it, telling it had done great, only to hear Twilight thank her before yelling, "Mind Force!" Owlicious flew up as his body glowed, the bird beating its wings and unleashing a psychic blast. It struck it head on, making the beast roar as it staggered back. Peewee, Flitanium, Astro and some more Flying-types flew up at this, but Centirek swung its arms around, trying to knock them all out of the sky down.

"Vi!" Viper slithered up and reached it legs, Flash seeing this.

"Poison Fang!" He ordered, Viper then sinking his glowing fangs into Centirek's leg. Centirek roared in pain, doing its best of kick Viper off, but the Vipeacon managed to keep a grip on its leg. This allowed Springer, Riptide and Prongs to get close, "Drain Punch, Aqua Break and Horn Leech!"

"Ri/Rep/Stag!" The three roared before preparing their attacks, each slammed them into the other three legs before jumping back as Centirek screeched. Viper took this moment to let go and use Flamethrower to push himself away while burning the Cataclysm Pokémon. And when the three were a safe distance away, Higear and Tockwork charged in.

"Gear Grind and Psyshock!" Higear fired its gear hands while Tockwork raised its gun arm, their attacks hitting the side of the beast alongside multiple other attacks fired by other trainers. "Now," Doc yelled as Aggron charged next, "HEAVY SLAM!"

"AGGRON!" The beast leapt and curled up, spinning and slamming into one of Centirek's legs. This made it fall to its knees, only to reach out and grabbed Aggron's tail.

"TIREK!" It swung the kaiju around before throwing him straight down, making it cry out, Centirek then beginning to drain Aggron.

"NO!" Doc screamed as Higear, Tockwork and Flitanium charged in to try and stop it.

"GEAR/TOCK/FLY!" They roared as they shot shot out a Gear Grind, Zap Cannon and Air Slash. But as the attacks approached, Centirek stopped its feasting and picked Aggron up. The three's eyes went wide as they saw their attacks slam into their teammate, doing serious damage before Centirek reached out and grabbed Flitanium. The bird cried out as he tried to break free, only to get drained as well.

"Cent," it chuckled as its body grew once again before dropping Aggron and Flitanium, flexing its increased muscles.

Doc's eyes went wide as he watched his Pokémon slump over, drained as they hit the ground, "No...its too strong." He watched as Higear and Tockwork fired their attacks again, along with Springer, Peewee, Riptide, Prongs, Viper, Astro, Shine, Owlicious and many other Pokémon.

The attacks collided with Centirek and buffeted against its body, but the giant just shrugged everything off. The beast's forehead then glowed again before it fired another Dark Pulse at the Pokémon in the air, this attack now even faster than before as it began to hit the make Flying-Types. Owlicious, Peewee, Astro and others began to fall at this, all moaning as they hit the floor as other Pokémon ran over to protect them. But instead of trying to grab the downed Pokémon, Centirek's forehead glowed again.

However, it didn't fire a Hyper Beam or Dark Pulse. Instead it jumped up onto its back legs before thrusting its front hooves straight down, creating a powerful Earthquake attack that shook the entire city and knocked everyone off their feet. Buildings all around Centirek began to crack and break apart, causing rubble to fall into the street.

Every Pokémon and trainer tried to avoid them, but one by one they were struck and buried beneath falling rubble. And those that weren't soon fell victim to Centirek's range attacks, getting knocked out of the sky. Only one Pokémon managed to avoid the rubble and the attacks, the Pokémon deciding to attack the Legendary head-on.

"RIOLU!" Springer roared as he used Extreme Speed to shoot through the rubble and run along the sides of the few remaining buildings that existed.

"Springer!" Flash screamed as he watched his partner charge in, using a long angled piece of rubble as a ramp to shoot of the end and fly towards Centirek. But before he could reach it, the Legendary swung its arm and backhanded him. The blow knocked Springer flying, Flash's eyes going wide as he watched his partner smash into one of the nearby buildings. "NOOOOO!"

The others gasped as this, only to see Centirek turned to them. And as the many Pokémon tried to push themselves up to battle again, Centirek opened its mouth and started breathing in...and the Pokémon all began to glow.

"It's draining them!" Starlight cried as the Pokémon were all slowly losing their strength. Being the closest to Centirek, Flash's team were all completely drained first and fell to the ground.

"Guys!" Flash gasped, Sunburst turning to the other trainers.

"Return them!" He yelled, "It might not be able to steal their power while their in their Pokeballs." The trainers nodded and all returned their Pokémon, though not before Centirek managed to drain away some of their power. And as soon as they were inside the Pokeballs, the glowing stopped. Sunburst had been right.

"That's great," Spike commented, "But what do we do now?"

The others gulped as they turned their attention back to Centirek. The Legendary growled at all of them, the many trainers now cowering at the behemoth. "CENTIREK!" It roared before its forehead glowed and fired a Hyper Beam, which shot across the city and blasted its way through several buildings, including Horizon Incorporated, making them explode or crumble.

And over on one of the yet untouched buildings, Lightning watched the whole battle from start to finish. Gorillamp was behind him, the teen staring straight at the Legendary. He rubbed his chin at this, "Hmmm...that thing's tough," he whispered as he watched Centirek stomp around the place, the people returning their Pokémon before trying to escape. "It's gotta have a weak point. I don't see anything obvious..." He then saw the Legendary's forehead glow before it unleashed another Hyper Beam, destroying more buildings as the city started shaking again. The teen crossed his arms at this, "If only I had my whole team. Then I could stop it easily."

He glanced down at this, spotting Flash running up to the building Springer had been thrown through. "Not gonna save the day this time, are we?" He smirked at the sight before glancing back up at Centirek as it roared, preparing to fire another Hyper Beam.

But before it did, it stopped. This did not go unnoticed by Lightning, nor by the trainers down on the ground.

"What's it doing?" Spike asked, everyone watching as the Legendary looked up to the sky. They followed its gaze, only for everyone to go wide-eyed. The sky was warping in two spots, rippling like water that had been hit by a rock. Slowly, the ripples began to swirl around and formed twin disks of purple energy, those familiar with this phenomenon's now gasping as a Pokémon flew out of each of them.

"ALICORMONY!" The Harmony Pokémon neighed as it flew down.

"DISCHAOS!" The Chaos Pokémon roared as it slithered through the sky like a snake in the grass. Centirek glared at them while the two Legendaries floated down to just above the beast.

"No way," a trainer gasped.

"The Legendaries of Equestria!" Starlight whispered, "But how?"

Sunburst let out a laugh. "Those two were the ones that sealed Centirek away before. Of course they would sense if it broke free! And now..." he stood tall, "They've come to defeat it once again!"

As he declared this, Alicormony's horn glowed before it fired a Dazzling Gleam attack. It struck Centirek, causing it to roar in pain while Dischaos flew down and opened its mouth to unleash a Dark Pulse that struck it in the back.

"TIREK!" It staggered back before letting out another roar and firing a Hyper Beam, but Alicormony spread its wings as its horn glowed, creating a sphere of golden energy around itself. The Hyper Beam struck and despite getting knocked back, the attack caused no damage to the Psychic Fairy-type.

"Chaos!" Dischaos charged, its left claw now covered in dark energy. When it got close, it swung its claw into Centirek's chest, but the beast jumped back to avoid the slash. As it did this, it tried to grab Dischaos to drain its power, only for Dischaos to vanish in a flash.

"Cent?" Another flash made it look behind itself and see the Chaos Pokémon floating with a smirk while Alicormony flew down and appeared opposite the Cataclysmic Pokémon.

"CHAOS/CORE!" They roared before firing a Dark Pulse and Dazzling Gleam, the two attacks slamming into Centirek from both angles, completely enveloping the beast in dark and bright light.

Down on the ground, everyone cheered. "YEAH!" Spike cried, "That's the way! Take it down!"

But as this happened, a certain person wasn't cheering. Twilight frowned as she watched the two attacks, biting her lip as she commented, "Something's wrong." The others turned to her at this, "They might be strong, but these are the Pokémon that usually have the power to level cities by sneezing. Centirek's just woken up and even if it managed to steal our Pokémon's energy, it shouldn't be strong enough to stand up to them at max strength."

"Are we watching the same battle?" Someone asked her, "They just roasted that thing!" But as he said that, a mighty roar made them glance back and see the lights explode off of Centirek with a swing of its arms. It looked injured, burns and bruises on it, but far from being beaten.

"CENTIREK!" It roared before opening its mouth and unleashing a Hyper Beam, Dischaos now dodging it with a slick slithering movement.

"What happened?" Spike asked as they Legendaries continued their battles, the ground shaking at the stomping of Centirek as it kept firing beams at the two, "Are those two holding back or something?!"

The others glanced at each other, only for Doc's face to go pale as he said, "Sombra…" they all turned to him at that name.

"What about him?" Spike replied.

"Think about it." Doc responded, "They're not at full power right now because of Sombra." The others all grimaced at this as he continued, "It's only been three weeks since Sombra captured them and used their power to create that giant titan." As he said this, Alicormony fired a Dazzling Gleam, but Centirek held out a hand and blocked it. "Even Legendaries need time to regenerate their power."

"Oh no..." Starlight gulped, "If that's the case, those two aren't at full power."

Twilight nodded at this, "I guess there is a reason the pair usually sleep for a thousand years to regain their strength."

"So does that mean they're not strong enough to beat that thing?" Spike asked as Centirek fired a Dark Pulse that struck Dischaos and knocked it flying.

"It's starting to look like it," Sunburst gulped.


Meanwhile...

Flash had reached the building Springer had been thrown into. "Springer!" He yelled as he ran into the lobby and spotted a staircase. Rushing up it, he stopped when the whole building shook. "Whoa!" He turned to a nearby window and saw Dischaos slam into the ground nearby. And as the Legendary recovered, Alicormony flew down and spread its wings as they glowed. "Steel Wing?" He whispered as the Psychic Fairy-type shot down and slashed at Centirek. The Cataclysmic Pokémon crossed its arms and blocked the attack, knocking it back.

Flash then continued up the building, looking through each of the floors until he found one with a massive hole in the wall. "Springer!" He ran up and found a large pile of rubble, the teen quickly beginning to dig through it. And as he did this, he uncovered his Riolu and sighed in relief to see he was still breathing. "You okay?"

"Ri..." Springer moaned as he creaked his eyes open. "Ri?"

Flash helped him up as the sound of another explosion made them turn to see Centirek fire another Dark Pulse at Alicormony and Dischaos, Alicormony using protect to shield itself while Dischaos used Teleport to get behind it. When it reappeared, its body was surrounded by a strangely colored veil of light before roaring as the energy exploded off of it, taking the form of a dragon.

"Is that Dragon Rush?" Spike asked the others.

"I don't think so," Twilight replied as Centirek turned to face the attack. There was another flash of light from its head, about to fire a Dark Pulse. But before it could reach it, Dischaos's attack exploded into a million spheres of energy, all then colliding into Centirek, making it cry out at the barrage of impacts.

"Wow," a trainer whistled, "What was that attack?"

"I'm not sure," Doc replied, "It must have been a signature move." At the same time, Alicormony fired a Dazzling Gleam at Centirek, but the Legendary turned and fired another Dark Pulse, blocking it. "I wonder if Alicormony has one too?"

"Wouldn't it have used it if it had?" Spike asked.

"No...unless..." Twilight whispered before suddenly cutting into a sprint. She charged into the battle, the others crying out at her to stop. Instead, she got onto a large pile of rubble and yelled, "Alicormony!" The Harmony Pokémon glanced back at her, "We used Miracle Eye on it earlier! You can use Psychic Moves on it!"

Alicormony smiled before turning back to Centirek and opening her wings, a rainbow aura forming around her body. Centirek saw this and fired a Hyper Beam, only for the Legendary to leap up, dodging the attack as the light flew off its body and formed a sphere of rainbow energy that it pointed at Centirek.

Alicormony neighed as the attack exploded off the horn and shot down in a beam, striking Centirek, knocking hit back. The beast roared in pain, ripping up the road as its hooves scrapped against the ground until it crashed into one of the buildings.

"YEAH!" Spike cheered as everyone else applauded, Centirek falling to its knees. Alicormony and Dischaos flew a good distance back and prepared to fire their signature moves again, only for Centirek to turn to the one that had warned Alicormony. And in that moment, it realized the weakness of at least one of its opponents. It cared for others.

"CENTIREK!" It roared, forcing itself back to its hooves as its forehead glowed again. Moments later, it unleashed a Dark Pulse at a particular girl.

"TWILIGHT!" Spike screamed as he and Doc ran for her, the girl just standing there as the attack got closer. All she could do was flinch and close her eyes, waiting for the inevitable. But the pain never appeared.

"CORRRRRRRR!" She gasped and opened her eyes, seeing Alicormony had gotten between her and the attack. The Legendary fell at this, barely able to stay on its hooves, but Centirek didn't give it time to recover.

"TIREK!" It leapt up and slammed its hooves into the ground, using Earthquake that rocked the entire city again. The many damaged buildings began to break apart again, also knocking Alicormony off balance before Centirek grabbed it by the horn.

"NO!" Twilight screamed as Centirek lifted it up. But before it could drain away her power, Dischaos charged at the monster, only for Centirek to swing Alicormony into the legendary.

They both cried out, allowing Centirek to fire a Hyper Beam and hit Dischaos. "CHAOS!" It cried as it was burned, allowing Centirek to charge in and grab both Legendaries by the horns. And before either could recover, Centirek began to drain away their energy and suck it down its throat.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!" The trainers watching cried, seeing the two strongest Pokémon in Equestria being robbed of all their power. And just a second later, it was done. The sight of Alicormony and Dischaos falling to the evil Pokémon's feet made everyone go wide-eyed. They were utterly helpless, everyone knowing that if they fell, then nothing could stop this thing.

"CENTIREK!" The beast roared as its body glowed, then increased in size. Now it was almost as big as the largest skyscraper, which quickly fell as Centirek swung its arms around, smashing the building into rubble. It then turned to the people, making them all scream as it opened its mouth to fire another Hyper Beam. But before it could, a voice called out to it.

"HEY HORN HEAD!" It turned to the voice and spotted a blue sphere, which landed between its eyes and exploded. The beast roared, reaching up to rub its eyes and blow away the smoke. And when it did, it saw who had done this, Flash and Springer standing side by side.

"Don't think you've won this!" The Legendary growled as it began to gallop toward them, "It's all on us bud." He turned to Springer, "You ready?" Springer nodded back as Centirek reached them and pulled its fist back, throwing a punch at this.

The fist smashed into the building, causing it to break apart even more as Flash and Springer leapt onto Centirek's arm. The Cataclysmic Pokémon saw this, growling as Flash and Springer ran up its arm. Centirek tried to drain Springer due to his close distance, but Springer quickly formed an Aura Sphere.

"RI!" He roared, firing it at Centirek's face again. The Legendary stopped trying to drain him and moved its head, its horn deflecting the attack as Flash and Springer reached its shoulder.

"Later!" Flash laughed as they jumped off the shoulder and slid down Centirek's back, reaching its rear and then leaping down the side to grab one of its legs. Centirek's size made it so slow that by the time it had registered all this, the pair had slid down to the ground and jumped off its hoof. "Aura Sphere!" Springer fired the orb again, hitting its leg.

"TIREK!" It hissed before turning around, its head glowing as it prepared to fire a Hyper Beam.

The two saw this and began to run, Centirek firing the blast and hitting the ground behind them. "GYAH/RI!" Flash and Springer cried as the ground exploded, throwing them into some rubble.

They both moaned, but rolled onto all fours and looked up to see Centirek laughing at them. But as they happened, Centirek's head glowed again as it prepared to fire a Dark Pulse. "We're not giving up!" Flash roared as he and Springer charged.

"TIREK!" Centirek fired the Dark Pulse, but the pair leapt aside as the attack struck the ground between them.

"Extreme Speed!" Springer shot up, lightning wrapping around him.

"RI!" He swung his leg into a section of Centirek's body right above the leg. But Centirek barely felt it, instead reaching down to try and grab Springer, only for the riolu to leap back.

"Aura Sphere!" Springer fired another blast, Centirek countering by swinging its hand, creating a wind strong enough to deflect the attack. "Come on," Flash growled, "If we get too close, it'll drain Springer. But at that size, ranged attacks can be easily deflected." Springer then landed in front of him. "There's gotta be a way to stop it. But how?" Centirek charged up a Hyper Beam at this, the two running again as the attack began to run down at them.


In another part of the city, the people were starting to evacuate. With their Pokémon completely drained, many began to panic and started running to the closest elevator out of the crater. Only a select few weren't trying to escape, instead running over to the fallen Legendaries.

"Alicormony!" Twilight shook the giant alicorn, "Please get up."

"Come on!" Spike yelled into Dischaos's face, "You gotta keep fighting! You're the only ones that can beat that thing! Wake up!"

But neither Alicormony and Dischaos responded, completely blacked out as Doc said, "It's no good. Centirek stole all their power."

"And now it's practically unstoppable," Sunburst added, all turning to see Centirek now being led away by Flash and Springer.

"There has to be some way to stop that thing," Starlight commented, "We just have to think."

Twilight frowned, the genius trainer racking her brain as she stared at the monstrosity. With only Springer left that could fight, she felt despair enter her mind. But as this happened, she saw two figures running through the rubble. "Lightning?" She asked as he disappeared behind a pile of debris, "Wait...don't tell me he's going to..." She went wide-eyed before she suddenly whispered, "Please help him."


Flash and Springer both panted as they hid behind some rubble, having chosen to take a hit a run approach against Centirek. The Legendary was now stomping around, blasting any movement as Flash glanced back at the monster, "Ready Springer?" The riolu nodded as Centirek turned around, "Now!"

They leapt out and fired an Aura Sphere, but before it could hit, the beast spun around and back handed the ball away. The force of this swing unleashed a sweep of wind, hitting both flying off their feet.

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!" Flash screamed as they were flown back, the trainer now seeing Centirek's head glowing as it prepared another Hyper Beam. "Springer!"

His riolu fired another Aura Sphere, the two attacks soon colliding before an explosion rocked the area. The blast pushed Flash and Springer again, throwing them into a pile of rubble, "Augh!"

"TIREK!" Centirek quickly galloped into the smoke, leaping onto its back hooves before slamming them down, creating another earthquake.

"Run!" Flash yelled as him and Springer scrambled to their feet before running, only for Centirek to power up another Hyper Beam.

"Cent...TIREK!" It roared as the attack exploded out of its mouth and struck the ground, making it explode as it sent both Flash and Springer flying. The pair screamed at this, heat and debris buffeting their bodies as they slammed into more rubble.

Centirek smirked at this, only for the smoke to clear...and show the pair still in tact. They were busted up, bruised and bleeding, but remained in one piece.

"Springer," Flash moaned as he pushed some rubble off of him. And as he did this, he heard movement and looked up to see Centirek staring down at them. "No..." he whispered before seeing Centirek's head glow from the orb that appeared. A moment later, the Legendary opened its mouth as it began to charge up another Hyper Beam. "NO!" He threw his body over Springer's, the laser about the fire.

But as the laser beam came, threatening to completely disintegrate them, a massive bolt of lightning shot out from behind Flash. The Thunder and Hyper Beam attacks connected, pushing against one another. Despite the Hyper Beam being charged with the power of so many Pokémon, the Thunder refused to give up and kept pushing.

Eventually, the two attacks reached their critical peak and exploded. As they did, Flash sat himself up and picked Springer up into his arms. "You okay?" Springer opened his eyes and nodded.

"You know, I'm really getting tired of saving your hide." Flash now turned to where the Thunder had come from, eyes wide as he saw Lightning Blitz and Gorillamp. "At this point, I'm gonna start charging." They moved up and stood side by side, Lightning's focus completely on Centirek. "So that thing really was real. Who'd have thought."

"Don't do anything stupid," Flash replied, "That thing's crazy strong. There's no way you can beat it on your own."

Lightning remained silent for a moment, continuing to stare at the glaring Legendary, "Yeah...I'll admit this thing's tough. If I had my whole team, I could beat it no problem. But since the others are all completely drained thanks to those idiots that run the center...I guess I've got no choice." With that, he held out a hand to help Flash up. The teen went wide-eyed at this, only to take it as Lightning hoisted him back to his feet. "Just don't get in my way."

Springer leapt out of Flash's arms, then glanced back at the still recharging Centirek. "Lightning, we have to stop this thing." He turned to him. "If we don't, it'll just keep stealing more power until it's completely unstoppable. And if that happens...Equestria will be destroyed."

Lightning just shrugged, "As I said, don't get in my way." He slammed his fist into his palm, "Besides, this will be good training for Gorillamp."

The two teens and their Pokémon stood side by side, staring down the mighty opponent. They were the only thing standing between it and enough power to destroy all of Equestria. They couldn't let that happen.

Author's Note:

Well, that was certainly an intense chapter. Heroes and Legends battled and fell to Centirek, making it more powerful. And now, two heated rivals are forced to stand together in order to stop it. Gotta wonder how the heck they'll get out of this one.

Just so you know, Dischaos and Alicormony's Signature moves are called Dragonic Chaos and Harmonic Psyforce. This is how they work.

Dragonic Chaos: 100 power Dragon-type moved and if it hits, causes the target's stats to randomly shift.

Harmonic Psyforce: 100 power Psychic-type attack, which returns the target's stats to normal if it hits.