• Published 28th Nov 2021
  • 1,105 Views, 31 Comments

The Stupidity of The Crimes of the Condemned and those who followed. (Remake) - Mpony1



All they had to do was one simple thing but instead they decided to be stupid and that stupidity nearly cost us everything. Their decision to not take proper actions will be their downfall.

  • ...
20
 31
 1,105

All you had to do was tell the truth

As my mind and body started to wake up, I noticed something different about where I was. I felt as if I was lying down on something, but it wasn’t the flat mattress in my cell I was all too familiar with. Instead, it was much softer and surprisingly more comfortable. Not only that, but my head also felt like it was laying on an actual pillow, even though I wasn’t provided one. My eyelids felt like they were glued shut and every time I tried to open them; they’d stay stuck together. Thankfully, my arms were quick to regain their ability to move as I slowly raised my left hand up to my eyes. As I gently rubbed them, I could feel the crust on my eyes which meant I was probably unconscious for who knows how long. Once I brushed away the last of the crust, my eyes finally opened slowly, only to be met with the stinging light of the abnormally bright room.

As my vision was adjusting to my new surroundings, my hearing took the opportunity to make itself known. The faint beeping of a heart monitor was heard to my left and was getting louder by each passing moment. I tried to move my legs, but to no avail. After waiting a few more minutes for my vision to adjust, I saw that I was in fact no longer in my cell. I was in an all-white room and was laying in an actual bed instead of the flat rug that was my usual bed in my cell. I glanced to my right and saw that it was daytime and it wasn’t the barred window but a normal window. There was a door off to the side and a few chairs here and there. When I glanced down to look at my body, I saw that I wasn’t wearing my clothes but a typical hospital gown. I lifted the blanket up and looked under the gown to see my stomach area had a large bandage over it. Not only that, but my leg was also wrapped up in some sort of cast and even had a bunch of stuff drawn on it. There were little messages that said stuff like, “You deserved what you got,” or, “Go to Tartarus!” and even, “Their deaths are on your hands.” All of these little messages were understandable because I am public enemy number one but that last one confused me. What did they mean about their deaths are on my hands? Everyone believes that I killed Blublood, I didn't hurt anyone else!

I’m brought out of my thoughts when the door opens and in walks a nurse mare. Her fur is light green, and her mane is beige brown and tied up in a bun. Her eyes are normal brown, and she held a clipboard in her hand as she walked over to me. When she glances up to look at me, our eyes meet for a brief moment, and she goes back to reading her clipboard. A minute goes by, and she pauses from her reading and looks at me again. It seems she now noticed I was awake, but her expression didn't show it when our eyes meet again.

“Oh! You’re…awake?” she said nonchalantly.

I just blink and slowly nod my head.

“About fucking time! Wait a moment, I’ll be right back!”

And with that, she places the clipboard on the desk beside me and scurries out of the room and I’m once again alone. Well, she obviously wasn't happy when she saw me. Nothing new, I am supposed to be hated by pretty much everyone.

I try to guess how long I must’ve been out. Judging by how crusty my eyes were, how numb my body was, and the fact that I’m now in some kind of hospital room instead of my cell could only mean I’ve been out for quite a while. As I waited, I also tried to think about what happened after "Rain Claw" attack me but the only thing I could remember was Princess Luna saving me before I black out. I broke out of my thoughts when I the sound of frantic hoof steps outside the door and the door to swing open.

Shining Armor and Princess Luna, both out of breath from running, met their eyes with mine and smiled at me.

“Oh, thank the moon and stars, you’re alive!” Luna said.

“Sweet Celestia, I thought you’d never wake up!” Shining said.

I was about to talk but my throat was so dry that only a strained grunt escaped my lips.

“Oh right, here you go.” Shining said as he walked over a desk and poured me a cup of water and walks to me to hand it to me. I grab the cup and guzzle the whole thing down while also miraculously not spilling a drop. I reach the cup out to him for another, and he obliged by pouring me another, to which I guzzle it down again.

“Sigh…Thanks.” I said, my voice still sounding raspy.

“No problem.”

I try to sit myself up more, but I wince from the slight pain.

“You shouldn’t strain yourself, your leg and stab wound still need more time to heal.” Luna inquired.

“How…long?”

“How long? Oh, you mean how long you were asleep. Well…you’ve been out for about a month.”

My eyes widened in disbelief, a month? A fucking month?!

“How…is that…possible?”

Luna and Shining looked at each other and frowned, which only made me more worried.

“That night, when you were attacked, I was wondering why you had not fallen asleep yet since I could not locate your dream in the dream realm.” Luna said. “Against my better judgment, I had no choice but to visit you in pony despite the risk of being discovered. But when I neared the dungeons, I discovered the slain guards and feared the worst. I still thank the moon and stars to this day I was able to arrive at your cell in time before that traitor stallion finished you off. I dispatched him with a blast of magic, which rendered him unconscious, and then my eyes fell on you. I tried to desperately stop the bleeding from your stab wound but you had already lost so much blood. I feared if I moved you, it would worsen the injury, so I teleported you to the medical wing of the castle. I declared a royal decree that you be saved, and the ponies immediately got to treating you. It was then that…my sister arrived to confront me.”
Oh no, I already don’t like where this is going.

“I soon arrived at the medical wing after all the commotion and heard about all that had happened by one of the medical ponies.” Shining said. “Not only that, when I saw Princess Celestia and Princess Luna there, I was at a loss on what to do. Princess Celestia then sat us down in one of the staff rooms and demanded to know what happened and why Princess
Luna and I were being so secretive and defiant.”

“You…told her…didn’t you?”

They both nodded reluctantly making my breath hitch a bit.

"Everyone knows!" Luna said. "We told them everything from the night you took the blame to all the way to the night you were attacked. Everything you did and said, why you did and said it, we had no other choice but to tell the truth."

"And as for the "Purest Ones" Princess Celestia used a memory spell and even a truth spell on Rain Claw. The traitor then confirmed everything Blueblood had conspired with that organization, and even revealed the ponies’ names who were apparent spies within the nobility, the staff, and even revealed the locations of their hideouts. Turns out Rain Claw accompanied Blueblood whenever he was called for secret meetings in the night.” Shining added. "And thanks to the information we got from Him and the other spies, I’ve had my soldiers scour the city for their hideouts. During our hunt, we discovered these ponies have been around for quite some time and have been biding their time. Blueblood was supposed to speed their plans up, but I guess, thanks to you, they were never able to. Not only that, but I’ve had everypony stationed throughout Equestria to investigate the area’s Rain Claw and the spies told us about any locations we discovered in the hideouts we raided. I’m confident to say that we have The Purest Ones on the run. It will take time to round them all up, but I don’t think they’ll be causing any trouble soon.” Shining explained.

"Wait!? If that's all true, then why does everyone still hate me." He gestures to his cast. "Those aren't words of thanks written on my cast their words of disgust and hatred. Even the nurse from earlier made it clear she wanted nothing to do with me." He takes a moment to gather his thoughts. "After hearing what you said about me stopping the "Purest Ones" plans and everyone knows the whole truth about Blueblood's death. Shouldn't everyone see me as a hero?"
Luna and Shining winced at that. They both dreaded this day would come but they made a promise they have to keep and besides he needed to know the truth.

"Do you truly believe your actions makes you a hero?" Asked Shining.

"Well, yeah! My plan helped stop The Purest Ones!" I answered.

Shining Armor slowly shook his head. "No! Remember what I said earlier. Blueblood was meant to speed up their plans, but his death only slowed them down a great deal, they also had to lay low and see if they'll be hunted down, in case they had been exposed. Putting a paused on their plans but not entirely canceling them."

Luna continued. "They wanted to know exactly why Blueblood was killed and if the letter and collars that was delivered to him by the three stallion nobles, he spoke to that fateful night were discovered."

Shining resumed. "A couple of the guards who showed up when we found and arrested you were also traitors. Because it was you who confess to killing Blueblood and there was no reason to search the office. The Purest use this to wait and see what happens next before making a decision on what they should do."

Luna speaks. "Of course, they sent a spy to search and retrieve the letter and collars, but he couldn't find them as they weren't where the 3 nobles saw Blueblood put them and it was clear that no one else took them out of that room including you, since you had nothing like that on you."

Shining spoke. "So, the only conclusion was that Blueblood destroyed them before he died. It was confusing for them to figure out why he did it because you never spoke up on the matter once since your arrest and no real move was made against them in weeks." Shining shrug. "Sure, I was investigating the three Stallions, you told me about but by then we had no solid evidence to link them to anything."

"And with that they decided to carry on with their plans. Blueblood had already done more than enough to ensure things would go well, they just needed time to make new collars." Luna finished.

"But in the end my plan helps you guys stop them for good." I said with confidence. "Equestria has been saved and surely Celestia is grateful even if she's no doubt feeling bad for hurting me and letting me be hurt." I sighed and closed my eyes when I thought about how Celestia must be feeling right now after learning the truth. She must be devastated after being told everything. Learning that I wasn't guilty of the crime, and how I took the fall without even needing to must of caused her to fall in a depressed state. I need to apologize to her as soon as possible. "I need to let her know that I forgive her!" I slowly opened my eyes to look at the two ponies and saw them both with their heads turned away from me as if they were trying to avoid my gaze and seeing the hurt/scared look on their faces told me something was very wrong.

Luna turned to face me; her expression unreadable as her voice when she spoke. "Grateful!?" Luna said coldly. "No, she is not grateful at all for what you did, in fact she hates you more than she ever did when she thought you killed her nephew."

My eyes widen in horror after hearing that. Why does Celestia still hate me after learning the truth?

"The same goes for everypony else." Shining continued. "After we told the truth to Celestia, she was absolutely furious. Hearing about your plan, why you did what you did infuriated her. Yes, she was shocked to learn what Blueblood was planning to do, but the stupidity of your plan and the reason behind it made her and everypony else very angry at you as well as me and Luna."

That pique my curiosity. "What do you mean everyone hates the two of you?" I asked. "You guys didn't do anything!"

"Exactly!" Luna said. "We didn't do anything at all that would have benefited in stopping The Purest much sooner and because of our choice to follow your plan and keep the truth hidden, both the Ex-Captain and I are now facing the consequences of those choices."

I looked at Shining Armor with a questionable look. "Ex-Captain!?"

"Clearly you've noticed my lack of armor!" Shining said as he gestures to his casual clothes of a T-Shirt and Jeans.

"I just assumed you were on leave, given some time off." I answered.

Shining shrug. "Oh, I'm on leave alright, a permanent one. Princess Celestia fired me not long after The Purest was taken down. I was publicly strip of my rank and was immediately kick out of the Royal Guard, never allowed to return."

"And all though I'm still a Princess and still have authority. Many, if not all my subjects despise me." Luna bowed her head in shame. "They no longer trust me anymore, they even wanted me remove from power, but Celestia wouldn't allow it for she still needed my help to keep things balance." Luna sighed and raised her head to look at me. "Despite her kindness in keeping me in power a rift was greatly torn between us. She just as angry at me as she is at you and Shining Armor and only time will tell when we are able to be sisters again."

"B-but WHY?" I yelled in frustration. "Why does she hate us so much? Why does everyone hate us? I know did something very stupid that shouldn’t have even happened in the first place. I wouldn't call myself a hero but what I did was still selfless. I risked so much for the sake of others and endured it all despite all the allegations towards me.”

"Be that as it may, it doesn't change what your so called plan had almost caused us." Luna said disappointedly. "Although the charges against you have been dropped and you are as of now a free human. No one will respect or forgive you for what you did.... worse; for what we didn't even try to do.”

"And what's that?" I asked.

"Tell Celestia the truth from the beginning." Shining answered.

"But we couldn't do that yet." I protest. "We needed evidence to prove that The Purest exist. Which is what you were searching for after I told you the truth!"

"Except you're wrong!" Shining argued. "We had no reason at all to keep the truth from her like we did especially since the whole reason you wanted to keep things a secret in the first place was because you wanted to protect Princess Luna from Celestia's supposed wrath if she found out that it was her own sister that killed her nephew and don't try and DENY IT. Remember you told me everything when I first came to cast the truth spell on you and later when I slap some sense into you about how STUPID your plan was." Shining took a deep breath before continuing. "You told me that because of Princess Luna's rep for being Nightmare Moon along with her hatred for Blueblood. That Princess Celestia would straight up accuse Luna of killing Blueblood purely out of spite, you believed that she wouldn't give her own sister, who she already hurt once before by not giving her the time of day. A chance to explain things and listen to her."

Luna spoke. "We get that you didn't know about the truth spell at the time, but I did know about it, which means no matter what Celestia would have learned the truth right away."

Shining resumes. "You truly believe that Celestia would end up hating Luna if she knew the truth which is the whole reason why you did what you did in the first place. You chose to take the fall for what was an obvious accident and divert all of Celestia's rage onto yourself. You were willing to take on any punishment she'd throw at you as long if it means Luna was safe." Shining shakes his head disappointedly. "You would purposely provoke her which in the end would cause her to hurt you and make you suffer even more and yeah I know she shouldn't have let her emotions get the better of her as well as did the things she'd done to you and trust me when I say during our talk with her in her Study about everything. She admitted that she went too far when she was hurting you and was upset with herself for losing control."

Luna speaks. "Though she is sorry for what she has done, she still believes you deserve it for being so stupid and judging her the way you did. So, in other words, she's sorry but not really sorry!"

"What do you mean by me judging her?" I asked.

"Isn't it obvious! You only did all this because you believe she would end up hating Luna. Well news flash you were dead wrong and after learning that none of us even tried to tell her the truth when we totally could of. Well take a good guess how that made her feel, go ahead, guess!" Said Shining.

I took a moment to think and said the first thing that came to mind. The thought only made me feel that much worse.

"Sad! Because we didn't trust her enough." I answered.

Shining nodded. "Exactly! She was hurt and upset with us for not trusting her and just assumed she would turn on Luna at a drop of a hat like that."

Luna speaks. "She only could ask why you didn't trust her after all the kindness and friendship she's given you since you two first met." Luna bowed her head. "The same was asked of me as well. Why didn't I trust her? Why did I keep the truth from her?" The next question made Luna feel sick. "W-why was I so afraid of her?" Luna raised her head while wiping tears from her eyes. "She reminded me of the day when I first returned. How she constantly apologizes for what happened a thousand years ago. Not just the banishing or me becoming Nightmare Moon but for who lead me down that dark path to begin with..... Celestia herself. I was jealous of her for she would be the one ponies loved more and never give me the time to show what I can do. Sure, I would talk to her about these issues, but she never listened to me, saying I'm being over dramatic, and our subjects do love me, but I knew that wasn't the case. They loved her, they praised her, they would throw parties and parades in her honor but never for me and no matter what I say she would never try to be there for me as my caring big Sister I desperately needed but instead she comes as the hardly caring of her own family, ruler of Equestria."

Luna continues. "By the time she realized her mistake it was already too late. I let my jealousy and hatred towards my sister summon the dark being called the Nightmare and gladly accept it to combine with me thus turning me into Nightmare Moon." More tears ran down Luna face. "The day she had to banish me to the moon was worst day of her life. For it was that very moment she realized how much I was truly hurting, and she done nothing about it. The blame was my own the punishment yours she told me. I remember seeing the waterfall of tears she let out when she apologizes to me, the pain in her eyes as she blamed herself for everything. I admit I deserve some of that blame for I should have tried harder to show my subjects I was there for them to or not let the Nightmare possess me." Luna shakes her head. "It doesn't matter now! What does matter is that I forgave my sister and she in turn promise she would never make the same mistake again and she stuck true to that promise. So why did I keep the truth from her when I knew there was an organization planning to destroy Equestria?"

Shining Armor spoke. "That's the same question Celestia asked us. We each learned of a group that was planning to commit mass genocide on all non-unicorn ponies as well as rape the Princesses and we chose to say nothing about it to her, and don't forget the main and only reason you took the fall was because of your stupid, pointless attempt to protect Luna from Celestia, that's all you cared about doing, so you didn't even once think about The Purest until weeks later when I came to cast the truth spell on you."

"I just thought since Blueblood was dead that the purest was finished." I spoke.

"Well, that was also a stupid assumption seeing that you read the letter he had. It clearly stated that The Purest were ready to make their move! He even told you that to your face." Shining said.

"True! But the letter also said if anyone caught wind of their plans, they would cancel everything!" I argued.

"But no one did! Because you decided to keep things secret." Shining countered. "And because of that they decided to carry on with their plans it's not like they needed Blueblood anymore anyway, he'd done his part."

Now that got me confused. "What are you talking about? Wasn't Blueblood supposed to become king?" I asked.

Shining scoff. "That idiot was never going to be king; he was just a tool to be used to speed up their plans. Nothing more."

"WHAT!" I shriek. "B-but he told me everything about how he was going make himself an Alicorn and become the new ruler."

"And where do you think he'd heard all that from?" Luna asked.

"The Purest!" I answered instantly.

Luna nodded. "To be more specific the leader of the group himself. As we mentioned earlier The Purest had been around for quite some time and have been biding their time. They existed long before Blueblood was even born and had been placing spies within the castle's employ for years. Because of this they learned that they could use Blueblood to speed up their plans and finally achieve their goals. Blueblood already shared in their beliefs that unicorns are the superior race and that he hated Celestia and think that he should rule. So, by revealing themselves to him, sharing their plans, and playing towards his ego and lust for power he unknowingly became a willing tool to The Purest."

Shining spoke. "All that crap Blueblood said about using the Elements of Harmony, along with the combined Alicorn magic from his aunts, to make himself an Alicorn, was all a lie the leader made up to give Blueblood something to thrive for in his lust for power, so he would do anything and everything he needed to help The Purest and reach his goal."

Luna continued. "Blueblood didn't know that by doing these things won't make him Alicorn at all. Becoming an Alicorn must be earned. Not given, taken, stolen, or forced upon. If Blueblood had succeeded in taking Celestia and I magic without the body capable of holding such vast amount of power it would of destroyed him from the inside out instantly and as for The Elements only Twilight and her friends can use them and their magic cannot be taken let alone used by someone who is not worthy to wield their power and even if he were to force the mane six into transferring the elements magic to him he would only be giving them a chance to turn him into stone or what not."

Shining resumed. "In conclusion there is no way he or anyone else can become Alicorn. The leader knew this and lied to Blueblood about it just so he can speed things up and once he delivers Celestia and Luna to them after everything had begun, they would kill him but not before letting him kill Rain Claw first."

Luna resumed. "Rain Claw was also a fool! He knew about the genocide and how The Purest plan on killing "ALL" non-unicorn ponies, but he didn't think that includes bat ponies as well. We learned all this from Celestia when she called us to her study to talk. She used the truth spell on the leader to get more info from him, that's how we also learned that Blueblood was going to kill Rain Claw when the genocide started. So, all those things he promises him were never real."

"Earlier you asked why everyone hates us?" Shining said as he reaches into his pocket and pulled something out. "There are three reasons; here's an example for the first one!" He said as he tosses 3 items on my chest.

At first glance I instantly recognize two of them. They were replacement collars for the ones that were destroyed. They were exact copies of the originals. One with a symbol of the sun with the word "Sun Bitch" and the other with a symbol of the moon with the word "Moon Bitch" engraved on them. The third collar was new to me, I've never seen it before. It haves a symbol of a crystal heart with the word "Love Bitch" on it.

My heart sank as fear took hold of me as I could only think of one reason why Shining would show me these.

"So, you see the issue don't you!? Shining asked. "Two of those collars shouldn't be here, yet they are! Like Blueblood said he could just get new ones. In other words, the Purest could just make another set since they are the ones, who made these collars in the first place and gave two to Blueblood."

Luna speaks. "Don't forget what both he and the letter said-"

(The Letter)
All is set for the takeover and our spies are in place. On your command we shall subdue the Princesses and steal the Elements of Harmony so that they may be used for your ascension. You will also be pleased to know that the mercenaries you hired shall commence the cleansing once everything is set.

(Blueblood's words)
“You merely delayed the inevitable. I still have my hired forces ready and waiting to strike! So, what if you destroy the collars? I shall simply acquire new ones and my plan will continue without a single obstacle in my way!”

Shining Speaks. "Which confirms that they were still going through with their plans because as I said, Blueblood did enough for them. Everything was ready and set for them to make their move, they just needed to subdue the Princesses first, but they needed time to make new collars. Which they did get, because your so-called plan had done nothing but give them time. If Rain Claw hadn't attack you or they finished making new collars sooner. We would have never gotten the info we need to stop the purest, they would have started their plans and Equestria would be at war right now and countless lives would be lost and Celestia, Cadance and of course the one you been so focus on protecting; Luna. Would be nothing but sex toys for those monsters. Forced to give birth to unicorn foals for the rest of their immortal LIVES.

Shining Armor glance down at the pink collar and picked it up and held it in his hands glaring daggers at it. "This collar was meant for the mare I love; The Princess of Love, Mi Amore Cadenza, aka Cadance." Shining let out a deep sigh. "One of Cadance's close servant and friend was also a Purest and she was given the collar to put on Cadance around the same time Blueblood does to Celestia and Luna." Shining grit his teeth. "Celestia learned about the third collar from the servant who was close to Cadance after Rain Claw pointed her out and with the truth spell told the Princess where she hid the collar and what her role was. If things had gone differently. Cadance would also be raped along with Celestia and Luna and I would have blamed myself for not trying to say anything sooner. Especially when we had a way to do so. Which lead to the second reason why everyone hates us."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Luna speaks. "Remember how I would always visit you in your cell in person?"

I nodded.

"Remember what you told me to do. So, I wouldn't keep risking myself getting caught?"

"Yeah, I told you too just.........." My heart began to sink as I instantly realized what they were talking about. "........ visit me in...... my dreams."

Luna nodded. "Exactly! Instead of risking myself in getting caught visiting you in person. I could just visit you in your dreams, no problem. Which is exactly what I did."

Shining speaks. "And it's clear with that look on your face that you already realized how you two could have brought down the purest much sooner if you had at all put any thought into using Luna's dream magic to tell Celestia about The Purest without risking any of the traitors knowing."

"My sister even told us that herself." Said Luna. "She actually thought your plan in getting yourself arrested by saying that you killed Blueblood and taking all the blame was very smart. Because it would throw The Purest off. Because no one knows anything about you or your species. You are an alien after all, a complete anonymous. No one would have guessed the real reason why you killed Blueblood and me leaving only help more because The Purest didn't know that their secrets had been exposed. Sure, they didn't know why Blueblood destroyed the evidence like he did, but they believed he did so just to make sure that unicorns rule the world even if he's dead."

Shining Speaks. "And keeping the truth hidden was also smart, because you knew the castle was filled with traitors including those among the Royal guards. So, you acting like you killed Blueblood for your own reasons helped with having the purest not look into it anymore. For they truly believed that Blueblood must have said some things to make you angry. So, you killed him and seeing how everypony hates him. It was the highest possible thing they believed to be true and thought their secret was safe."

Luna Speaks. "So, all you had to do was wait for me to come visit you and tell me to tell Tia the truth in the dream realm. Where only I have the power to go. You also could have shown me the pictures of the three Stallions, who met with Blueblood that night by drawing their faces just like you did for Shining Armor. I would then tell Celestia, visit those three stallions' dreams, learn everything they know involving the purest and yes that includes Rain Claw as well. Since he was always with Blueblood during every secret meeting.”

Shining continues. “By searching through their memories. Luna of would of saw Rain Claw Accompanying Blueblood to every meeting he had with the purest. With that knowledge, we could easily capture him, no problem and all we had to simply do was cast both the memory and truth spell to get him to talk.”

Luna sigh. “Just like my sister did the instant she learned the truth. Which brought the purest to its absolute end..... So, in other words. We could have token them down much sooner. If we actually thought about them at all.”

Shining speaks. “But you didn't. Not once did you think of the possibility of them still being an active threat. Despite everything you just learned about them. If you were actually smart. What we just mentioned should have been your actual plan. If it was, then you would have been out the dungeons instantly, nopony would have hated you, you would have never gotten beaten up by guards, Celestia would have never hurt you and made you suffer, and you wouldn't be here in the hospital after Rain Claw attacked you and almost lost your life.” Shining rubs his forehead for a bit before continuing. “But instead, your plan was to protect somepony who never needed it. You misjudge Princess Celestia by believing she would jump to conclusions and hate her sister for killing Blueblood and once again I’ll say. She wouldn’t do that to Luna. You made the choice to tell her to keep quiet, you chose to keep everything a secret forever, and you decided to keep antagonizing Celestia so she would focus on you. If you just used common sense and trusted Celestia from the start, you would’ve thought of way to get the word out to her instead of instigating the situation out of control. I said it before and I’ll say it again, this whole self-righteous plan to punish yourself for the sake of another is a fool’s errand and was nothing but a colossal waste of time. That could have ended badly for everyone and all because YOU jump to conclusions about what Celestia would do if she learned the truth and not once gave her chance or a benefit of doubt.”

Once again, for the second time his words cut deep, deeper than before when he told me how stupid my plan is. He was right, Luna was right, and Celestia was right. Everything I did up to this point was absolutely meaningless. I could have ended things sooner if I just took advantage of Luna’s dream realm from the start. I wouldn’t have spent all that time in prison for something that was easily avoidable. If I had not been blinded by my pride, I wouldn't have suffered so much, and it was all because of my stupid choices.

I thought back to that day when Shining tried to “literally” slap some sense into me. Specifically, after I “thought” I realized my mistake.

I’ll continue looking for evidence against Blueblood, including questioning whichever nobles were on his payroll. But if and when I do find something that will help your case, you need to confess.”

“You mean tell what really happened?”

“Yes, you need to tell Celestia the whole truth.”

“But what about Luna?”

“You needn’t worry about her, she’s a Princess and can take care of herself. Plus, I’m sure Celestia will understand it was an accident once I find what I need, and she calms her nerves as she grieves. But you also need to promise me you won’t instigate the situation anymore. Especially not letting anypony walk all over you like a doormat.”

“You make it sound so easy.”

That’s because it is. I’m not gonna help you if you keep up this defiant attitude of yours. You need to change for both yourself and for Luna.”

“I guess I made a big stink over something avoidable for the wrong reasons but for the right intentions.” I sighed.

“That’s one way of looking at it.”

“Ok, I’ll confess when the time comes.”

“Why not now? If you let Celestia or me cast a truth spell on you, you’ll be able to be released.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“Don’t tell me you’re back to thinking like an idiot, are you?”

“Of course not, I’m actually thinking about this logically. Look, whoever these ponies Blueblood was working with obviously knew what they were doing if they were able to get something like those collars in order to subdue even Celestia and Luna themselves. Not to mention those nobles I saw chatting it up with Blueblood. There’s not a doubt in my mind that there’s more than one rat in the hole somewhere in this castle. That includes those working as your fellow guardsmen.”

“Now hold on a moment, some of the guards I will admit are a little rough around the edges. But dirty? They’re all under my command, they wouldn’t go against what they signed up for.”

“Now look who’s the naïve one. If Blueblood can convince some of the nobility to follow him, you really think it’d be that difficult to pay off the guards? There’s probably even a guard or two, maybe more, who were on Blueblood’s payroll, and you don’t even know it yet.”

“I guess that makes sense, but why keep the blame?”

“If anyone were to catch wind that I wasn’t the one who offed Blueblood, who do you think they’d direct their attention to?”

Shining pondered my question for a moment until his eyes widened once he figured it out.

“Exactly, she may be an alicorn, but these guys seem to know how to handle her.”

“That just makes things more worrisome. They’ll probably even try to come after you.”

“I doubt it, I mean I am in prison after all. If you think about it it’s the safest place to be, especially since you’re gonna be personally in charge of looking after me.”

“I guess you’re right, but what about the organization?”

“I’ll let you deal with that on your own. Right now, let’s focus on getting me out of here. Will you be able to find something on Blueblood?”

Thinking about it now. It all seemed like I was just trying to find some excuse to remain a martyr. Like Shining said, I should have used common sense, but most of all I should have trusted Celestia. I talked about the purest and how they can handle Luna easily as well as mentioned the guards who were also spies and what could happen if they caught wind of the truth. (scoff) Yeah right. Celestia was the first to figure out how that hurdle could easily be jump with little to no effort. “Luna’s Dream Realm.” Everything would have been resolved if we took advantage of that one simple thing. I even told Luna to use it to visit me in my dreams, so she doesn't risk getting caught by visiting me in person.

She is literally the only one in existence who haves access to that kind of magic. So of course, the purest haves no way of countering it. Especially since Luna been imprisoned for a thousand years and no one even knew she existed until she came back a couple years ago. So why didn't I just think to use her dream realm to bypass the spies with ease? Why did I not bring it up to Shining Armor? Was I really that desperate to be a hero in my own right? Whatever the reason. It's clear that I wasn't a hero at all. The one deserving of that title is Celestia herself. For she was the one who actually brought the purest down the second she learned the truth. Something that would have happened if I just told her everything from the start.

Luna speaks. Getting my attention. “So, in other words. The first reason everyone hates us was because we knew about The Purest and kept quiet about it. Not once considering that they were still planning to go through with their schemes, and we did nothing but gave them the time they needed. Thus, putting countless lives at risk.”

Shining continues. “The second reason was about how we could of easily stop them much sooner. Luna is literally the ultimate weapon we have against them and none of us even thought about utilizing her abilities to defeat the purest.” Shining sigh. “They all think we were each being selfish in our own way. There's even a little joke poem written about you and your selfishness. I remember it by heart.” Shining clears his throat.

You trying to be an unsung hero, who do not regret his actions, not for a single minute. For It was all for a just cause, yet they just don’t understand. Many blaming you for a tragedy, yet you have no regrets. Why? Well…why would you regret something you intended to do in the very beginning? They may not see it now, but one day they’ll see what you did might’ve just saved the lives of many. But for now, you remain shackled and ridiculed for your crime, wasting away…without a regret in the world.

“It very much represents exactly why you did what you did and how pointless it all was when there was a much simple, easier way to solve this whole issue without you putting yourself in such a predicament in the first place. Allowing yourself to get hurt for absolutely no reason because you wanted to be some kind of hero. Many ponies got a laugh after reading that poem. Especially on how stupid you were.”

Luna Speaks. “Everyone thinks of me as a cold, idiotic coward. So afraid of my sister that I was willing to let an innocent creature take the blame for something that was clearly an accident and was willing to let the kingdom fall to ruin just to keep my secret.”

Shining speaks. “And everybody thinks that all I cared about was trying to be the great hero who saved Equestria single handily. By finding evidence to prove the purest guilt.” Shining scoffs. “They also called me stupid for even listening to you when you didn't want to confess right away after I slap some sense into you. I knew about Luna’s dream magic and could have told her to confront Celestia there or send a letter to my sister that would include a second letter telling the truth about everything and have her send that to Princess Celestia through Spike. No one would of suspect anything because Twilight always sends letters to her. But nope I chose to look for evidence, weeks after Blueblood’s death. Which means that the purest spies could of took anything related to them and destroyed it and the three nobles I spoke to had plenty of time to hide their connections. Plus, I had no evidence against them. So, all I was doing was running around like an idiot in the world's most obvious goose chase.” Shining chuckled.

“You know it's funny really. Do you remember the conversation we had after you told me what really happened?”

I nodded. Of course, I remember that conversation like it was yesterday. The curse of having a photographic memory. Because of that, I knew exactly what Shining was getting at and it only made me feel that much worse.

“Princess Luna…killed him?”

“An accident, he was gonna kill me. After a week since I was arrested by you and sentenced to the dungeons, Luna came to visit me for the first time, and I told her everything I told you before you and Celestia showed up in the office. The first thing she wanted to do was tell Celestia but I forbade her from doing so since there was already too much heat on me as it is.”

“But why take the blame if it was an accident?”

“Luna already has a bit of a rep ever since her return. Even if it was an accident, do you really think Equestria would believe her? Especially Celestia, the mere thought of her own sister being the cause of her nephew’s death would destroy her.”

“So…you lied not only for Princess Luna’s sake but for Princess Celestia’s sake?”

“Yes.”

“Even if it meant being branded as a murderer?”

“Would you do the same thing in my shoes?”

“I…honestly don’t know.”

“All that matters to me is that Luna continues being free and I continue taking the fall for what happened for her sake.”

“But what about your home? Don’t you wish to return to your world?”

“I have bigger things to worry about now besides getting back home.”

“And the documents? You’re sure there was nothing else you found?”

“Whatever else he may have stashed away from prying eyes is beyond me. Besides, Blueblood got what he wanted in the end: he brought me down with him and the only difference is he’s 6ft under.”

“So, what do you plan to do now? Just stay in prison for the rest of your days? What about that organization you said he wrote too? Surely if we prove that Blueblood was planning those awful things, you’d be granted leniency.”

We? What do you mean we? I surely can’t do anything.”

“But maybe I can.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I’m saying I wanna help you.”

“Just like that? No more further questions? No trying to make sure I wasn’t lying?”

“You swore that all you said was the truth, and I believe you. You’re being unfairly imprisoned for a crime you took the fall for, and you deserve to be as free as anypony else.”

“But what about Princess Luna?”

“I’m not entirely sure yet. But if I gather enough evidence, we can reopen the investigation and prove that what happened was an act of self-defence.”

“That organization would have been gone by now, you know.”

“Who cares about those ponies, all I care about is finding whatever else Blueblood hid in his office. I’m sure there’s something in that room we can use to grant your pardon.”

I thought about his offer, that if he would be able to find something else at the scene of the crime, I’d be able to get out of here. But if I did, Luna might use it as an opportunity to confess what really happened.

“Ok, I’ll leave you to your investigation.”

“Thank you, and maybe we-”

But I still have to take the blame for Blueblood’s death.”

“What? Why? You didn’t kill him.”

“It doesn’t matter. I won’t allow Luna to tell Celestia what really happened. You want to prove Blueblood being the true criminal? Then go find as much evidence if there is any. You also want to try and convince Celestia it was all in self-defense? Good luck with that since she hates my guts. But as far as who’s to blame, that’s my burden and mine alone to bear.”

“You’re asking for a lot but not much in return.”

“I don’t really want anything in return anyway. Just the satisfaction that Luna stays clear of all charges and Blueblood dies with a legacy of corruption and attempted bloodshed against Equestria.”

Shining glanced away for a moment as he scratched his chin. If Shining could truly prove all of Blueblood’s plan to overthrow Celestia, then maybe she’ll listen to me when I tell her it was an accident without involving Luna.

Bullshit! It was all nothing but pure absolute Bullshit. It was just as Shining said earlier. All I cared about was trying to protect Luna. When in reality she never needed it. I still wanted to remain in prison and continue to take the blame and suffer for what I thought was for a just cause. I misjudge Celestia; Truly believing without a doubt that she would hate Luna for killing her nephew. Only to learn that wasn't the case.

Even after Shining straight up told me that she wouldn't, even after telling me how pointless everything I was doing was. I still came up with another stupid reason to keep things secret. Instead of just finding some way to tell Celestia the truth without the purest knowing. Everyone was right. My plan was stupid and served no purpose other than giving the enemy time to prepare for another strike, I let my pride get in the way of pure common sense, and if Rain Claw hadn't attack me. Equestria would be destroyed and The Purest would have won and it would be all my fault.

“I’m glad you do. Because I'm always being reminded about it every day. Ponies would ask me. Why didn't I just tell Celestia the truth after my first meeting with you? I just learned about a group that was hellbent on taking over the world, had spies planted in the castle, were going to commit mass genocide, and wanted to rape the princesses and turn them into broodmares. So why, WHY? Would I keep something like that a secret? Oh, that’s right. Because of MY STUPID PROMISE TO YOU. That’s right everypony knows how I gave you my word as Captain of the Royal Guard that I wouldn't tell anyone what was said in that room. That includes Celestia of course.”

I wince at that. I can only imagine how Celestia might have felt after hearing the truth about the promise Shining made to me and it only filled me with dread.

Shining continues. “They believe that my sworn promise to you was more important than my sworn oath to defend this country and its people. That even includes the mare I love. You would think that just because Blueblood had two magic nullification collars meant for the royal sisters and wanted to steal their magic. Doesn't mean that Cadance wasn't also a target.” He holds up the pink collar in his hands to show everyone. “And this is absolute proof that she was.” He then grabs the other two collars off me and used his magic to turn them into ashes. “So yeah, fuck your promise. I should have been smart and told Celestia immediately without alerting the purest.”

Luna Spoke. “The same goes for me too. I should have never listened to you when you told me not to tell her. It was not like the purest could stop me. I’m the only one who can access the dream realm and it's not like the purest haves a way to counter that. It was because of the fear you practically instilled into me about my sister turning on me and hating me. That kept me quiet. You only knew Celestia for a couple weeks and judge her after I told you about my Nightmare Moon tale. I knew her longer and knew she would have heard me out if I gave her the chance. Plus, there's the truth spell, so...... But now it is because I chose to keep the truth hidden is why she is mad at me and as I said before. Only time can tell when we will be sisters again.”

Shining speaks. “And it is an absolute miracle that despite my mistake. Cadance still loves me and still wants to marry me, and it is an even greater miracle that Celestia let her niece choose for herself if she still wanted to be with me or not. Instead of just forcing us apart. Celestia still doesn't like me for what I did but she won't stand in the way of her niece happiness.”

After Shining finished talking. Silence filled the room. I took the time to think about everything I just learned and how truly pointless my plan really was and how it almost got the world destroyed and cause Shining and Luna to face the consequences for following me. I was filled with so much regret that I don't know what could make me feel worse. Until I remembered that there was still one last reason why everyone hates us. That they still need to tell me, and I fear to know what it is.

“So, what’s the third reason why everyone hates us?” I asked.

I instantly regretted asking the second I saw the looks of horror, sadness, and guilt upon their faces. Instead of saying anything right away. Shining took out a small piece of paper from his pocket and handed it to me. It was photo of two Royal Guard Stallions. One was a Pegasus and the second was an earth pony. I didn't know who these guys were but Shining notices my confusion and answered my un-asked question.

“The pegasus name is, Silver Wing. The earth pony, Stone Fort. They're the two guards that Rain Claw killed to get to you.”

My heart sank after hearing that, and I was completely filled with dread. I do remember that two guards were guarding my cell and Rain Claw had killed them both before meeting with me. My thoughts went back to the last thing I read on my cast earlier.

Their deaths are on your hands.

No doubt I’m going to hear exactly what that sentence means soon enough and if Luna’s crying is any indication. Their deaths are as much our fault as it is Rain Claw’s.


To be continued

Comments ( 31 )

While I can understand everyone still being pissed with the human's actions and Luna and Shining for going along without telling the truth, but somehow them being more pissed doesn't really make sense to me. I don't know, it gives a feeling that they all think lying is worse than murder, though I am sure that wasn't your intention. It just seems to give off that vibe to me.

11065013
My intentions is to expose the major flaws in the human plan and its consequences.

The way the original ended. Never felt right to me. Due to how easy it is to take down the purest sooner.

In the original Celestia felt bad for what she did to him and that's understandable. But its because no one even tried to tell her the truth when they easily could of done it and drag this mess out for too long. Thus giving the purest a chance to strike. That things could of easily ended differently.

She should be mad at the three of them for doing everything they could to keep truth from her and judging her like they did. The answer was right there under there noses but they each did things that didn't help the situation at all and two ponies lost their lives for it and trust me I was just saving the worst for last.

You’ll see.

11065013
I think it because their lying could lead to all that could of happened.
Like they said it was sheer luck that Rain Claw tried to kill him which lead to the truth being exposed.
Even then things still could gone bad, or worst.
Plus two Good Ponies died because of the lies, a preview to the deaths that would rain down.

I hope to see a scene where Rain Claw in a cell, Rain Claw I'm sure after hearing how his actions could lead tot he deaths or enslavement of his race would of destroyed him.
He be utterly hated by his own kind to the end of his days and beyond.

11065017

11065032

I just find it a bit much they are somehow more pissed about his lies than they were when they believed he directly committed murder. I understand the serious stakes of his actions and that the storm, so to speak has only begun, but if the hatred was about the same, I would have been fine with it. I'm sure moving forward as more consequences occur, I will be more accepting of it.

11065043
Then we shall see. After all this story isn't finished yet.

This first chapter felt a little like flogging a dead horse. There are should be more emotions than just anger and righteous fury. And more than one pony should be taking responsibility for their own actions and lack of foresight.

If his were justified like the purist were far older like the 3 tribes and had dream blocker for nightmare return it make certain to make a way to block it nand create magic, and his plan look like just had a simple answer just telling the truth were far wrong by the organization had hidden members never shown like having layers and multiple bases they probably thought also the other species that would help to free the princess and they have backup plan it were be a larger group of hidden unicorns likely from preuniting to know now equestria there likely other party had, even now his action were leading the correct path what force leading his common sense dull was harmony forcing this action to a less death population , would out everyone realizing he was right by hating those 3 of them the purist now have 3 less to ruling their plan on the surface, i wonder how their reactions , were be

Okay, dude. Do you have a fetish for adding to other people's stories? None of your stuff seems at all original. Just adding onto other stories. Some authors probably don't care. But still.

11065356
I do have 1 story that’s purely original. “WAIT THIS ISN'T OVER YET” is the only one not base off another fanfic.

another story was a request by a friend. “OBJECTION!!! Spike’s Sacrifice was completely unnecessary”

But yeah everything else are base/Continuations of other fanfics. I just enjoy doing what I do and the authors are cool with it. I just can't help myself sometimes when a story captures my eye that sure as heck need a sequel or more inside depth.

Can't wait for next chapter

It's not badly written but it's not my cup of tea. I get you going for the human plan was not thought out well but it comes off like the ponies are beating a dead horse(excuse the accidental pun) and are more pist about the human lying then a genocidal death cult. They also acknowledge they screwed the pooch while seemingly trying to dump their share of the fuck up on him because he's human as if it was entirely his fault they went along with him instead of taking responsibility for their own actions in deciding to do what he said.

11065690
All will be explored more deeply in the next chapter.

Why the long title?

11065146
You want more emotion. Just wait until you see chapter 2

11065043

I'm sure moving forward as more consequences occur, I will be more accepting of it.

And you will see those consequences first hand in the next chapter.

Very good, love it.

I do understand that it is still his own fault for being a self righteous idiot . BUT, I still CAN'T forget or ignore Celestia's and the other Guard's sins against him as well, when he was brutally beaten and all.

They AREN'T getting away with it either!!!!!!!


I know that he is a massive idiot, but he DIDN'T deserve to get those heartless beat downs! So, they should STOP saying "he deserve it", when they aren't saints either.

11082781
Just another topic, I will touch upon in the next chapter.

Luna speaks. "Though she is sorry for what she has done, she still believes you deserve it for being so stupid and judging her the way you did. So, in other words, she's sorry but not really sorry!"

Well, f*** her!!!!!!! :twilightangry2:


I still blame him for being a massive dumbass, but he still didn't deserve the pain and all!

11126439
*Eventually* being the key word. I been working on other stories and I’m close to finishing one new chapter.

Hopefully, you won't forget to update the rest of your stories like this one.

11445580
I haven't forgot this one at all.

Comment posted by Mpony1 deleted May 4th, 2023

11575361
I do plan on it. I just need to figure out how I want to start the next chapter.

Since we will go back to the night Celestia first learns the truth. I been having trouble on how to start it. I already know what I want to do for the rest of the chapter, it's just the beginning I'm having troubles with.

11575515

You can hear helpful suggestions from other readers in here.

11575528
It will be some time before its finish but I finally figured out how I'm going to tackle the prequel chapter. I long since figured out how the chapter will go; it was just the beginning I've been having trouble figuring out.

But now everything is in order.

I know this chapter is going to be very long, so it's going to take time to finish. But it will be all worth it in the end. That I can guarantee.

Login or register to comment