• Published 19th Aug 2021
  • 2,073 Views, 165 Comments

Flash Sentry's EQG Chronicles - Banshee531



Follow Flash Sentry and his friends through their adventures in the newly magical world around them.

  • ...
2
 165
 2,073

Special: Forgotten Friendship PT5

Sunset and Trixie glared one another down, Sunset ready to do whatever was needed to get her hands on the stone she knew Trixie must have. Sunset glanced around and saw more and more people backpedaling, soon changing into just two people in the hallway.

Seeing this, Trixie opened her locker and reached inside. "Behold!" She pulled it out, Sunset ready to grab the stone before she could use it. But to her surprise, it wasn't a stone she pulled out, but...a poster. "Canterlot High School's Greatest and Powerfullest Student!" She unfurled it to show an image of Trixie doing her magic act. "If a seven-scale mock-up doesn't convince you, I don't know what will."

Sunset had had enough of Trixie playing dumb, the pony turned teen yelling, "Where's the Memory Stone?!" Trixie staggered back at this as Sunset continued, "You turned my friends against me just because I wouldn't put you in the yearbook as the Greatest and Powerfullest?!" She looked like she was about to have a meltdown. "Powerfullest isn't even a word!"

Trixie's fright slowly turned to confusion, "What are you talking about?"

"It's not a word!"

"No..." Trixie shook her head, "What Memory Stone?"

"The one you used to erase everyone's memory, you manipulative...blowhard!" Trixie just blinked at her as Sunset then yelled, "Where is it?! And what did you do with Flash?! Did you use one of your little magic tricks to trap him someplace?!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Trixie replied, only to tilt her head, "A stone that could make everyone forget all the bad tricks I've done...?" She quickly gasped at this, "Which is no tricks." She plastered the poster over a locker, "Your puny rock pales in comparison to the Great and Powerful Trixie!"

Sunset glared at her, only to sigh, "I don't believe it." She glanced away, "You have no idea what I'm talking about."

"I...don't. Sorry." Sunset let out a groan as she leaned against the lockers and slid down, covering her face as Trixie moved closer. "Did somebody really erase everyone's memories of you?"

"Mm-hmm," Sunset nodded as Trixie sat next to her. "Plus they erased the entire existence of my friend Flash. And I have no idea where he could be."

"And even though we all know you're the Biggest Meanie, you're saying you're not mean anymore?"

"It's complicated."

Trixie leaned against the locker and let these thoughts flow through her head, only to say, "So you have this idea of who you're supposed to be, but no one at school sees you that way?" As she said that, several students walked past and stared at the poster, some chuckling at the sight as Trixie asked, "Is that it?" Sunset nodded, "Trust me. I get it."

"Ha," Sunset laughed, "I can't believe the only person who believes me is the one I called a manipulative blowhard." she gave her an apologetic look, "Sorry."

"I took it as a compliment." Trixie got up and held out her hand, "Let me help you find the Stone."

Sunset raised an eyebrow, "What's in it for you?" Trixie smiled as she glanced back at the poster, Sunset going wide-eyed, "No way." She shot up to her feet, "Absolutely not!"

Trixie shrugged. "Well, if you'd rather go on being the Biggest Meanie, that's fine by me."

Sunset growled at her before sighing again, "Fine. If you help me find the stone, I'll think about it." Trixie nodded back, the two starting to walk away as Sunset went for her locker and her journal as she asked, "So, where should we start...partner?"

"How about with what I call you?" Trixie suggested as they kept walking, "I'm thinking the Great and Powerful Trixie's...Pretty Decent Assistant-Detective-Helper Person."

Sunset couldn't help but chuckle at this, completely unaware of a glow coming out from the gaps in her locker. It was a message from Twilight, the girl not noticing as Trixie added, "So this Flash guy, you said he was the only one who remembered you?" Sunset nodded back, "Then everyone suddenly forgot about him?" Sunset nodded again, "So you think this Flash kid might know who has the stone?"

"I wish I knew," Sunset moaned, "For now, we need to focus on finding the stone. If we find that, we'll find who's using it and hopefully we'll find out what they did with Flash." Trixie nodded, "I just hope he can hang on long enough."


Flash was still in the cellar, having spent the entire previous day trapped with nothing to do except the puzzle book Wallflower had left him. Currently, he was doing a crossword. "Six letters, starts with a D and ends in an L." He turned to the description, "An unmarried woman of noble birth. Known in many stories as a prisoner who needs saving by more important characters..." Flash's hands shook the book at this, growling as he whispered, "That's not funny."

And as he began to fill in the letters, his pencil snapped, "No!" He moaned, looking at the broken utensil and sighing as he realized he had no way to sharpen it. Frustration getting the better of him, Flash threw the book at one of the shelves and it hit a box. The container fell off the shelf and hit the floor, spilling its contents, "Great..."

He moved over to pick up the stuff, only to see it was a matchstick box. But the name on the front made him go wide-eyed, opening it and seeing a whole bunch of cotton swabs.

"Huh," he said as a smile appeared on his face before turning to the metal door at the top of the stairs. "Ah-ha!"


It was lunch time now, Sunset sitting alone at the table next to the one the Rainbooms were sitting at. She had texted them after she and Trixie had joined forces, telling them about the girl. Twilight texted back saying she had yet to figure out what the password was to Flash's Find My Phone app, but she had discovered a few quite interesting things about the boy as she searched for clues.

The girls were all laughing at something Pinkie had said, though Sunset knew they were only laughing to keep up appearances. Every few seconds, their eyes would glance over to her for a moment. Sunset wanted nothing more than to join them at the table, but the fear of their memories being taken again made her stop before she could.

Luckily, she wasn't alone in this situation. Trixie sat down beside her, a smile on her face. "A cafeteria full of suspects, two detectives, and only one Memory Stone." Sunset sighed as Trixie listed everything, "Seems impossible, but so does pulling a rabbit out of a hat, and I do that all the time." Once she had stopped bragging, Trixie took out a notebook and pen. "Let's talk motive. Who here hates you enough to erase everyone's good memories of you?"

Sunset glanced around, now seeing nothing but glares and frowns, "If you go back far enough...everyone."

"Known enemies: All." Trixie put her book down and Sunset took out her phone, sending a quick text to the girls and asking if they had seen anything suspicious. "So why aren't they helping if they believe you?" Trixie asked when she noticed who she was messaging.

"Whoever did this doesn't want my friends remembering me," Sunset replied, "They might give you a pass since you don't have any way of fighting back against the stone's power."

"I don't know if I should feel insulted by that remark or not," Trixie huffed, "Anyways, why don't we go talk to nurse? She might have had to treat something dealing with memory issues."

"I doubt it," Sunset added.

"What's the harm in asking?" she finished off her food and grabbed Sunset. "Come on." Sunset didn't fight back as the girl pulled her out of her chair.


Flash growled as he worked on the lock, using the cotton swabs he had found. He was starting to think Shining was pulling his leg when he told him that you could undo a lock by pulling the fluff off a swab. He had been at it for hours, at least he figured it was hours since there wasn't any way to tell time, and he knew he probably didn't have long before the stolen memories of Sunset were gone forever.

"Come on...come on!" he twisted one of the swabs, only for it to snap, "Damn it!" He pulled the broken swab out and threw it away, looking down and seeing he only had one swab left. "Gotta make it count." He pulled the fluff off of it and tried again, slowly shifting it around and feeling the lock react.

Then, he felt it click. "Yes," he shifted it some more and heard more clicking. "Yes." Then he spun the swabs and reached up to turn the handle, a clicking sound filling the air before he felt the door move. "YES!" He pulled the door open, the teen cheering as he quickly ran out and back into Wallflower's house.

A second later, he found his car keys on a table, "YES!" He grabbed them and ran out, cheering all the way till he got behind the wheel, "Nice. I just hope Sunset hasn't done something stupid while I was gone."


School had ended and Sunset was in the yearbook room, having spent the entire day with Trixie trying to find the Memory Stone. Currently, she was staring at a picture that her friends had just uploaded using Twilight's fixed drone. It showed the group smiling, clearly planning to use it for their Best Friends picture despite two of those best friends being missing.

"Oh," she heard Trixie groan, "Stop looking at that. You're just going to wind yourself up. You can't think if you're wound up." She clutched her head as Sunset grabbed the yearbook photos. "Oh, think Trixie! Think!"

"I wanted to come in here and see who we're missing." Sunset sighed as she shuffled through the pictures, "But we've talked to everyone, A to Z." But as she did this, Trixie pointed at one of the photos that didn't have a face.

"Wait....not pictured: Wallflower Blush." She glanced up at this, "Who's Wallflower?"

"I'm right here, you know." They both spun around to see the green haired girl, sitting at one of the tables.

"Uh...who are you?"

"Wallflower," she replied with a giant frown, "I've known you since third grade."

"Ahh!" Trixie blushed, "I remember third grade. Not you specifically, but what a grade it was. The Great and Powerful Trrrrixie debuted her disappearing frog trick." She continued speaking, but Sunset simply began to ignore her, only for her eyes to look down and see her bag glowing. She had retrieved the bag after class, having completely missed the first message. But when she opened it up to read, her eyes went wide.

Sunset, we think the Memory Stone was buried under this rock formation. And if you don't destroy the Memory Stone by the time the sun sets today, all those memories will be erased forever.

Sunset's heart felt like it was about to burst when she read these words. She stared at the image Twilight had drawn, showing three spikes coming out of the ground in a triangular manner. "How am I supposed to find a rock formation that...looks...like..." Her eyes went wide when she noticed something on the computer Wallflower had open. It was photo of a garden that appeared to have three large rocks sticking out of the ground the same way as the way Twilight had drawn. "That rock formation?!" She shut her book with a smile, "That'll work." Putting the book away, she got up and turned to the girl, "Can I ask a silly question, Wallflower?" She pointed at the computer, "Where did you take that lovely photograph?"

"Oh," Wallflower smiled, "that's my garden. Well, the school's garden, technically. I'm the president of the Gardening Club. I founded it, too. I'm also the only member. And the only one who's ever been to the garden. Or seen it. Or even asked about it."

As she spoke, she seemed to get more and more depressed while Trixie raised an eyebrow. "You're not really into other people, huh?"

Wallflower turned to her, glaring as she opened her mouth, only for Sunset's phone to start ringing. "Oh," she took her phone out, "Just a second. Hello?"

"Sunset!" The voice made her eyes go wide.

"FLASH?!" The outcry made both Trixie and Wallflower turn to her, "Where are you?! Where have you been?! The whole school's forgotten you even exist!"

"I know," he responded, "I'm calling from a payphone. I'm on my way back to school right now. But listen, I know who the one responsible for stealing the memories of you is. It's a girl named Wallflower!" Sunset's eyes went wide at hearing this, the teen slowly turning to glare at the girl in question. "She has a stone that's brimming with Equestrian Magic. She's on the yearbook team, so-"

"Flash, I'm gonna have to hang up. Get back to school as quickly as possible."

Sunset snapped the phone shut and turned to Wallflower, the girl shrinking back at Sunset's glare as she squeaked out, "What? What's wrong?" She didn't get an answer as Sunset quickly grabbed her arm, "What are you-" But Sunset didn't hear anymore as her magic kicked in, images now flooding her mind. There was one of Wallflower at the Fall Formal, being completely ignored, then another of her at the battle of the bands, then the Friendship Games party.

The memory then shifted to show Wallflower walking around outside of school, only to then come across the school's garden. Another memory showed her digging around in it, only to unearth something. It was a piece of cloth, and when she undid the string holding it together, she found the same rock Sunset had seen in the images. The cloth had words and symbols on it, while the rock was brimming with energy.

The memory then changed again, now showing the three and the other Rainbooms in the yearbook room on Friday. "That was different," Applejack stated, "The whole school voted for her."

"She was soooooooo mean."

"Not helping Pinks," Flash added as Twilight placed a hand on Sunset's shoulder.

"Of course, we all know you've earned the right to not be remembered that way." Twilight threw the book away, but Wallflower picked it up and the memory changed again. This time, it was after they had all left and Wallflower was in the dark yearbook room.

She sighed as she looked at the book. "Why should you notice me? After all, you're Sunset Shimmer." She threw the book away as it opened up to show Sunset's old photo. "Everybody loves you now." She sighed at the sight of the photo, "Why can't they see you haven't changed?!"

She then turned to her bag, her eyes narrowing at the sight. The memory changed again after this, showing her back in the garden, Memory Stone in hand as she took out the instructions. The Memory Stone glowed before it unleashed a bright light, and a few moments later, the garden was filled with a vortex of red ribbons with Sunset's emblem on it. They flew down and into the stone, disappearing as the light the stone gave off turned red. A few moments later, the red light vanished and Wallflower smirked.

The memory changed one last time, showing Flash at her house telling her everything that had happened. How she found the Memory Stone and ended up knocking the boy out and imprisoning him. And as the memory ended, Sunset found herself back in the yearbook room, glaring Wallflower down.

"You erased everyone's memories?!"

Wallflower flinched as her tone, slowly squeaking out, "Uh...yes."

"You kidnapped Flash and locked him up?!"

"Maybe..."

"And you made everyone who loves him forget he even exists?! It's one thing to steal everyone's memories of me, but to do that to someone who's never done anything for you?! To think Flash actually wanted to invite you to the beach with us! To try and help you!"

"I wasn't gonna make them forget about him permanently," Wallflower slowly said, "Just long enough for the memories of you pretending to be nice to fade."

Sunset glared Wallflower down and before either of them could speak up, Trixie butted in. "Wait...who are you again?" Wallflower turned away from them and picked up a picture of Sunset and her friends...and then they realize they were about to sit through a song...yay.


Meanwhile...

Flash was driving as fast as he could through the streets, glancing up to see the sun starting to set.

"Please don't be too late." But as he arrived at the school parking lot, he gasped when he saw six girls sitting around a truck. "There!" He pulled into the parking lot, only for Twilight to turn to him.

"That car," she whispered as the car came to a stop. Twilight's eyes went wide when she saw the boy from all the pictures step out of the car.

"Girls!" He yelled as he ran over to them, panting as he reached them, "I know you don't know who I am, but-"

"You're Flash Sentry," Twilight interrupted, only to run over and hug him. Flash flinched at this, only to feel Twilight hold him tightly, a feeling of rightness washing over her as she did so. She pulled back and looked into his eyes, smiling at the face she didn't know, but for some reason felt attached too.

"You...remember me?"

"No," Applejack chimed in, "But Sunset helped us realize we were supposed to have a friend who's Twilight's guy."

Rarity nodded at this, "Plus, your stuff is scattered all around a room in Twilight's house. I must say, you really need to work on tidying that place up. You had more clothes on the floor than in the wash basket."

Flash blushed at this as Rainbow spoke up next, "So what the heck happened to you? When we lost our memories of you, yah vanished off the face of the earth. Yah picked a rotten time to go one vacation."

"I wasn't on vacation," Flash replied, "I was...imprisoned by the one who did all this."

"Who?" Fluttershy asked, Flash about to say something, only to feel something course through him. He looked down at his hands, sparks of blue lightning beginning to appear. The girls went wide-eyed, only for Flash to shine a big smile.

But as this happened, the school's doors opened to show a green haired girl walk out, looking rather relaxed. Flash quickly jumped behind Applejack's truck at this before pointing at the girl, "That's her." They glanced back at her, now seeing Wallflower calmly making her way up to them. "Don't do anything to tip her off. When she gets close enough, I'll jump her. The Stone she used has gotta be in her bag." They all nodded and pretended to not have noticed her.

Flash got into a ready to pounce position as Wallflower reached them. But just as he was about to leap out and grab her, the school doors flew open. "Wallflower?!" He heard Sunset's voice and looked over to see her running out the school. She then spotted Wallflower and ran after her, the Rainbooms nodding at her to show that they knew who was to blame of all this. She reached Wallflower as the girl was just about to enter the forest that housed the school garden. "Wallflower, stop!"

Wallflower turned to her in shock, "You remember my name?"

"I remember everything!" Sunset responded, the others pretending to now listen to the scene unfolding, "The Memory Stone, how I acted, all of it!"

"What?!" She yelped, "How?! I erased the whole afternoon!" She yelled this loud enough for the others to hear, the girls now dropping their facade and turning to her.

Wallflower flinched at this, now seeing the glares until Sunset said, "Listen...I used to be just like you. Sure, I was popular, but I was lonely."

"You're nothing like me!" Wallflower pointed at her with a look of rage on her face. "And I'm not lonely, because I have...plants!" She then flinched at her words, only to sigh, "That sounded less lonely in my head."

Sunset showed a small frown at this, "I'm sorry, Wallflower."

The girl backpedaled at this, "No, you're not." She pointed at Twilight and the others, "You're just trying to look good in front of your friends!" She saw the frowns on their faces, which weren't directed at Sunset, instead being pointed at her, "And it's working!" Every passing second, Wallflower's rage grew and grew. "Gah! How am I supposed to get back at you if nothing I do matters?! I hate you!"

She slapped her hands over her mouth, as Sunset gasped. "Come on Sunset," Flash whispered. "Just grab the stone already." But then Wallflower took her bag off.

"I wanted to teach you a lesson by erasing your friends' good memories of you. But obviously that didn't work." She reached into her bag and took out the stone, the girls gasping when they saw the image Sunset had shown them. "But what if I erased all their memories of high school?"

Everyone's eyes went wide at this, Sunset yelling, "You can't! You'd be stealing their memories of each other!"

"They'll think of each other the way you think of me! Which is not at all!" She thrust the stone forward and unleashed a bright light. Flash leapt out from behind the truck and shielded the girls, praying his immunity still worked even when it was focused directly on him. But he didn't get to find out.

"NOOOOO!" Sunset screamed as she leapt in front of her friends, the beam hitting her, making her friends gasp as she fell to the ground. She moaned as the light spread around her body, the girl picking herself up. "I've ruined their friendship once before. I'd rather give up my own memories than let it happen again!"

"No!" Flash yelled, the others gasping at the sight. And as that happened, a light flew up to Sunset's head.

"Fluttershy!" She cried before a yellow ribbon flew out of her head, "No!" The memory flew into the stone as a green ribbon came out next, "Applejack!" She grunted as she held her head, a white ribbon flowing out. "Rarity! Her friends could barely watch this, unable to believe they had actually let this happen. "Rainbow Dash! Pinkie Pie! Flash!" When only one person remained, Sunset turned to that person. "Twilight!" She held out a hand, "Don't forget me!" With that, the final ribbon flew out and into the stone.

"Sunset..." Flash whispered before turning to glare at Wallflower. As he did this, Sunset groaned and opened her eyes. She pushed herself up on her balledup hands, standing on fours like a...pony.

"This isn't Canterlot." She said, only to shrink back, "Where am I?! Princess Celestia?!"

Wallflower saw the girl begin to panic, her mind starting to realize the horror she had done, only for a light to come out of her backpack. It was Flash's Geode, which flew out of her bag and into Flash's hands. The teen grasped the gem as he was completely powered up, a look of rage appeared on his face as he leapt up at Wallflower, the girl unable to respond, "That's it! You're not getting away with this anymore!"

He grabbed her arm and she cried out. "AAAAH! You're hurting me!"

"Call it payback for the frying pan!" He yelled as he twisted her arm, making her cry out in pain and fall to the ground. She dropped the stone and Flash grabbed it, only to stare at it before looking up at the setting sun. Growling at the sight, he opened his mouth to ask her how to undo what she did, but something else caught his attention first. He looked over at Sunset and the others, seeing they all had a hand on her shoulder. "Here," he dropped Wallflower and gave her the stone back, "Hold this for a moment. Someone's about to get blasted." As he said that, his geode glowed again and he leapt into the air. As he did, he and the girls transformed into their ponied-up forms.

Wallflower gasped at the sight, Twilight staring down at her. "Wallflower! You have magic you do not understand! But it is nothing compared to the Magic of-"

"Yeah, yeah, we get it," Pinkie interrupted as the sun drew closer to almost completely setting. "LIGHT HER UP!" They all smiled and joined hands as their geodes unleashed a burst of light. Wallflower screamed as the sight before reflexively holding up the stone. The light struck the relic, the Memory Stone having no way of defending itself from the incoming attack. As such, all it could do was let itself crack and crumble as Wallflower was blasted away. And when it exploded, hundreds of differently colored ribbons, though most of them were either red or orange, shot into the sky. Many flew off in different directions, but several flew towards the heroes.

Soon, all except Flash had a pair of ribbons, multiple in Sunset's case, flying into their heads. As they did, they gasped as the memories returned to them. And when the last memory firmly reset themselves into their heads, the eight young heroes floated to the ground. When they did this, Sunset turned to her friends and gasped. "Twilight...Sparkle?" Twilight nodded back, looking ready to start crying.

"Sunset Shimmer!" She ran over and they both hugged, the others cheering before Twilight pulled away and turned to her boyfriend. "FLASH!" She quickly threw her arms around him, kissing him square on the lips. When she pulled away, she looked at both him and Sunset. "We're so sorry."

Sunset shook her head, "I'm just glad to have you all back."

"Same," Flash added as the sun finally set. "We were cutting it close though." Sunset nodded before turning to Wallflower. The girl was on the ground, staring at the fractured remains of the Memory Stone.

When she noticed Sunset stepping up, she looked away. "I'm so ashamed." She picked up one of the pieces. "When I first found the Memory Stone, I only erased little things – awkward hellos, saying the wrong thing, literally any public speaking..."

Twilight walked up next, "I've had plenty of awkward moments I wish I could erase too."

"Yeah," Flash nodded, "Like that time you-" He stopped when Twilight glared at him, "Uh...nevermind."

"But it's no excuse," Wallflower added, "I was so used to erasing memories that I got completely carried away." She looked back at them, "I'm sorry for everything."

Sunset nodded back, "It's okay. I'm sorry too. I may have stopped being mean, but a Great and Powerful friend helped me realize I still wasn't very nice to you. Everyone matters, Wallflower." She held out a hand, "No matter how insignificant or invisible they feel."

She pulled Wallflower up and after a few seconds, they hugged and all seemed forgiven.

That is, till Flash asked, "So...are we just gonna forget she assaulted and imprisoned me for almost three days?" They all went wide-eyed at this, Wallflower flinching at his remark. But as they all turned to stare at the teen, Flash let out a long sigh, "You know what, let's just pretend the Memory Stone was able to steal one last memory before it got destroyed and this one didn't survive." He put a hand to his face, "I seem to have a major gap between leaving school on Saturday and returning here several minutes ago...and I am too nice for my own good." Wallflower slowly nodded back, giving him a serious apology and promise that she would help him if he ever needed it. "I'll hold you to that."

Everyone laughed at this, all happy that the situation was finally over.


Over the next few days, things seemed to go back to normal. Everyone remembered Flash and Sunset again, Flash needing to do some serious explaining to Twilight's parents, and life was back to how it should have been. Although, there were a few changes everyone was happy with. Sunset and Trixie seemed to have become a lot closer, Sunset even giving Trixie a page in the yearbook, which confused a lot of people, but they quickly let it slide. Another change was Wallflower, who seemed to be opening up to people.

Apparently, a lot of people were interested in her gardening club and wanted to join. Wallflower was worried about this, fearing she would mess up and people would make fun of her, but thankfully her new friends were there and supported her. With that support, she was able to come out of her shell.

What's more, Wallflower also got her own page of the yearbook as the best gardener. That page was signed by Flash and the Rainbooms, Wallflower unable to stop herself from crying when it happened. Now there was no way she would ever be forgotten again.

Yes, things were great at Canterlot High. There wasn't a single thing that could ruin-

"Oh, come on!" Rainbow cried when she saw their picture for best friends, which was located right next to Bulk Biceps. She slowly closed the book and when she did, she saw that she was the only one whose face touched Bulk's muscles. "Seriously?!" The others laughed at this, unable to stop themselves when they saw Rainbow's upset face.

Yup, everything was great.

Author's Note:

Whelp, I hope you all enjoyed this. I think it came out quite well, but what do you think.