• Published 20th Jul 2021
  • 986 Views, 17 Comments

Let's Talk Sh!t About Our Exes! - Rainy Daze



The Mane Six have a gossip session about their exes!

  • ...
5
 17
 986

Who's Up First?

The Elements of Harmony, the heroes of Equestria who had saved their land and many others so many times past, sat around a table, bored out of their minds. The six ponies; each with their own busy lives, still made a point to take a little time out of their day to spend it all together; even if there was nothing planned. Though, up until today, there always had been.

Applejack and Fluttershy were perhaps the most physically busy of the six at this point in time and were using the opportunity to catch up on some much needed rest.

AJ sat with her hat suavely tipped in front of her face to cover her eyes, reminiscent of many travelling adventurers.

Fluttershy on the other hand lied rather ungracefully relative to her usual manner, with her head resting on the table top but snoring so faint that it could hardly bother anypony.

Rainbow Dash, forever the thrill-seeker was not amused by the situation in any form and had been wrestling with her seat for the past thirty minutes or so since they had finished with the greetings and pleasantries.

Pinkie Pie sat in her chair strangely still and calm. She had thankfully learned that singing ‘One-Hundred Bottles of Pop On The Wall’ in her head was basically the same as doing it aloud; a revelation that delighted many of the ponies that ever travelled with her.

Twilight read a book.

Rarity was the most aware member of the group and was not at all one to be reticent of her opinion, be it positive or otherwise. She held a glass nail-file in her magical aura as she used it to touch up her already manicured hooves when the perfect conversation starter suddenly popped into her head.

“Who wants to talk shit about our exes?” she said with a sly smirk.

“Me!” cried out the remaining five ponies instantly and all at once. Apparently Applejack and Fluttershy were not in as deep a sleep as they appeared. In fact, if one were listening closely they might have noticed that a certain yellow pegasus seemed to respond a split-second before the others; and with greater enthusiasm to boot. After which she immediately sat back down hoping no one had noticed.

Rarity set down her file into its monogrammed velvet bag. “Oh marvellous darlings, this is just the sort of thing I always hope we end up doing at our little gatherings,” she mused. “Now who’s up first I wonder. Hmm... eenie, meenie, miney, Fluttershy!” She quickly pointed at the yellow pegasus who was on the other side of the table from where Rarity had been looking when she’d said ‘miney’.

Fluttershy giggled a false nervousness as she spoke, “Oh you don't want me to go first, I’ve hardly had any dating experience at all.” She finished with a blush.

Rarity, as well as the rest of the group, knew that that was a red faced lie. “Honestly Fluttershy, who do you think you’re fooling here?” she chided in a playful tone.

“I have no idea what you mean Rarity,” Fluttershy replied, eyes darting from side to side.

Rarity submitted her evidence: “Big Macintosh, Bulk Biceps, Aloe Vera and Lotus Blossom, Miss Trixie Lulamoon, Princess Luna, not to mention yours truly,” she finished with a smug gesture of the forehoof.

“Fleetfoot, Blaze, Doctor Caballeron, Daring Do, and yours truly!” Added Rainbow Dash who’s voice grew more bitter with each pony on her list.

“Princess Celestia, Mage Meadowbrook, Tempest Shadow, Starlight, Octavia Melody, Minty, Rockhoof, Amethyst Star...” were Twilight's amendments.

“Apple Honey, Apple Leaves, Apple Cider, Apple Split, Rara, Autumn Blaze, Flim and Flam,” Applejack shuddered, punctuating her sentence with a tone of both genuine confusion and mild disgust.

Pinkie Pie jumped and down and all around squeaking, “Ooh, ooh, me next, me next! Let’s see, there was both the Cloud Chasers, Cheerilee, Tree Hugger, Cherry Jubilee, Miss Harshwinny, Ember the Dragon Lord, Double Diamond but that didn’t last long at all! Me, Twilight, Coco Pommel, and-”

“Discord!” said all six ponies with a mixture of exhaustion, relief and laughter.

The six friends stared awkwardly at each other, each having a reason to be at least a little red-faced. For once Fluttershy wasn’t the one overcome with embarrassment. There were a lot of ponies mentioned whom the others were not aware of so it was more than her own dirty laundry being hung out for all to see.

“Hang on a minute here!” cried Applejack, “How come you never did anythin’ with me before?”

“You wanna get together after this and fix that mistake AJ?” answered Fluttershy as she suggestively raised her eyebrows up and down. Applejack used all of her Earth pony strength to fight the urge to swoon there and then. Fluttershy’s special talent was to charm animals, and ponies are animals after all.

“I uh- Um, well maybe, I mean-” Applejack grew more and more flustered before being saved by Rarity’s intervention.

“Yes, actually, thinking of it now we’d be here all night and barely get through half of Fluttershy’s exploits let alone any of our own wouldn’t we?” said Rarity to the agreement of all present company.

Twilight realised that somepony should at least appear to be the voice of reason, even if she did still want to engage in some juicy gossip. “Let’s think carefully everypony. We all know what kind of squabbles can come about from gossiping,” she said.

Rarity, however, was not going back to the boredom of the last half an hour. “As I recall we all seemed to be very enthusiastic about the prospect and I don’t see anypony else coming up with any ideas.”

Twilight receded her argument with gusto. There was no way she would miss out on some of these stories.

Pinkie Pie shook in her seat enough to vibrate it out of its crystal foundations. “Who’s going first?! Who’s going first?!”

A conniving smile took over Fluttershy’s face as she sang, “Who wants to hear about Rainbow Dash and Zephyr?”

Eyes grew wide and jaws hit the table.

“Well I never,” said Applejack with her gaze fixed to the table in astonishment.

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash keeled over laughing to everypony else’s surprise.

Rainbow Dash collected herself, “Oh I’m gonna get you for this Fluttershy(!)”

Fluttershy continued to bawl in a fit of laughter. “N- Nothing you have on me is better than this!” she said with no end to her merriment.

Rarity was gushing with joy at this revelation; any gossip involving Rainbow Dash had always been a particular favourite of hers, especially given how bad she was at keeping secrets. “Details. Now!” she demanded.

“Ohh where to start?” Fluttershy mused, “When did your little crush on my brother start again?" she asked.

“What?!” screamed the voices of four ponies who might have just the biggest shock any of them would feel for the rest of their lives.

Rainbow Dash sighed in plain defeat. “You couldn’t leave that part out could you?”

“Oh I remember now! It all started when you joined the cheerleading squad,” said Fluttershy who sat back contently.

Twilight bit her lip in hopes of containing the immense outburst of laughter that laid inside her, but inevitably broke out into hysterics. She was more than happy to see the bold and brash Rainbow Dash be taken down a peg or two. While still being in the name of good fun of course.

“Oh come on now.” Applejack, the honest apple herself, was sure that at least some of this story must have been fabricated.

Rarity on the other hoof was desperate for it to be true. “You were a cheerleader?!” she yelled over Twilight’s laughter, “Did you have to wear the little outfit?! Are there pictures?!"

Fluttershy looked at Rarity and sang, “There are.” Everyone looked at Rainbow expecting her to finally regale them with the tale.

She sighed, “Okay so back in Cloudsdale High-”

“I get it!” Pinkie Pie interjected, being the only pony to note the double meaning of ‘high’ in this context.

“Anyway, back in high school my flight coach made me take part in the cheerleading squad because apparently I didn’t know how to be a team player and if I didn’t start behaving like one, she’d kick me off the relay team. So eventually I ended up cheering for one of his track meets.”

“But Rainbow dear, I thought you were always... well... you know?” Rarity asked while dancing around the subject.

“He had long hair! I thought he was a mare!” Rainbow yelled in reply.

“It was the colt’s air sprinting competition, Rainbow Dash,” added Fluttershy.

Applejack held her head in her hooves and muttered, “I just can’t believe any of this.”

“I never paid attention to stuff like that. I didn’t even wanna be there in that stupid get up,” she pouted.

Pinkie Pie strangely decided to be the voice of logic for once and asked, “Wait, how come you didn’t know he was Fluttershy’s brother Dashie?” Despite the shame of not noticing that hole in the story themselves, everypony else was still eager to hear the answer.

“We didn’t exactly hang out much and, I mean he’d grown his hair out over summer vacation,” Rainbow Dash answered.

Pinkie suddenly had her nose pressed up against Rainbow’s, her eyes squinting with scrutiny. After an uncomfortable ten seconds of deliberation she said, “Okie, dokie, lokie!” with a smile and sat back down.

“Still doesn’t explain why you went on five dates with him,” said Fluttershy.

Applejack set her forehooves on the table and said, “Okay now that is the last straw! You expect me to believe you went on five dates with that boy without figurin’ out he was a boy?”

Rainbow Dash was anxious to defend herself, “He had a really feminine voice!” she pleaded.

Fluttershy nodded her head in both agreement and second hand embarrassment.

“Well why didn’t you say anything Fluttershy?” Twilight asked, pointing to the yellow pegasus.

Fluttershy was struck with shock that she was once again on trial, so she went to her never-failing back up plan. “Oh, well, um, I’m shy…” she said, as she shrunk into her seat, getting quieter with every word. Everypony besides Rainbow Dash bought the performance and offered reassuring looks.

Applejack even offered an ‘Aww, it’s okay sugarcube.”

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and begged, “Can we please move on now? There’s really nothing good left for this one, I promise.”

Rarity fanned herself with a magazine she held with her magic. “As much as I doubt that and would love to take the time to discuss this further, I fear that we won’t have time for anypony else. Which begs the question: who’s next?”