• Published 8th Sep 2012
  • 831 Views, 7 Comments

To Respect Her Wish - Mavis



To respect a wish is to respect your love.

  • ...
 7
 831

II - First Encounter.

Chapter II - First Encounter.

Arriving at his new home, Mavis noticed two ponies standing outside. One he recognized as Applejack, mare who sold him those delicious apples. Besides her stood red colt, clearly bigger than anypony Mavis encountered. Wondering why they would be near his house. Upon noticing Mavis' and his wagon, Applejack waved to him.

"Nice meeting you here, Miss Applejack." Mavis started conversation.

"Aw, shucks! Drop the 'miss' and call me Applejack! I'd like you to meet my brother, Big Mac. Also besides that, you probably wonder why Big Mac and I are here." spoke Applejack in her southern accent, introducing her brother. "When you've told me that you are moving into a house near our farm, I've thought 'Why not show some neighbor's kindness!' So, we came here to help you."

"Eeyup." Agreed Big Mac.

"I don't know... living on a farm, I think there is always some work to do there, I wouldn't like to take you out of your chores..."

"We will take none of that!"

"Eeeyup!"

Mavis thought for a second, It would be great opportunity to meet new neighbors.

"Okay, if you insist... Then it would be rude, if I were to refuse..."

Mavis properly introduced himself to new neighbors, but something was missing... After some time glancing around, Mavis deduced what it was. Victoria, his daughter, was missing. Applejack noticed something was wrong, but when she asked about it, Mavis excused himself and turned towards Ponyville. He took few steps towards town, stopped, cleared his throat and called as loud as he could: "Viiiiii-Ctooooo-Riaaaaa~! Please, come back here this minute!!"

Then he turned away, adjusted his glasses, and trotted towards siblings. They both had questioning looks at their faces and glanced at each other. Mavis rejoined them and apologized for that. After an awkward moment of silence in the distance you could hear some sort of whistling noise which was getting louder and louder with every second. That reminded Applejack of Rainbow Dash, when she was gaining speed, but this was hardly that loud.

"I must apologize, my daughter likes to wander off sometimes..." Mavis smiled sheepishly.

"Huh? You have daughter?" Questioning look again crept on Applejack's face. But before she got any answer, whistling noise volume signalized something was really near. And second later there was sound of impact, louder than a barrel full of apples hitting the ground with great speed.

"What in tarnation was that!?" Cried Applejack, startled how close that impact took place.
After few seconds, filly emerged from small crater and shook off some of the dirt from her coat.
Victoria looked around, and when she noticed her dad, she started skipping towards him.

"What is it, dad?" Victoria asked, like nothing have happened.

"Victoria, dear, what did I said about speeding and leaving craters in land?" rebuked Mavis while wearing stoic look on his face.

"That ... they are ... bad?"

"Aaand? ..."

"And I'm sorry..." Victoria hung her head in apology.

"Good! Now, please introduce yourself to our neighbors."

Victoria looked on two other ponies, patted her mane and checked her coat before continuing.

"Hey there! I'm Victoria ...And, uh... And I'm a Pegasus!" Victoria announced the obvious, but she didn't earn any reaction. Applejack and Big Macintosh watched her, with mouth wide open. Victoria flew upwards to their face level and waved hoof before them, again earning no reaction.

"Dad, I think I broke them..." worried tone was easy to pick in her voice.

"No, just give them a minute ..." Mavis calmly stated. "After shock, first: Rejection"

"This did not just happen!" Yelled Applejack, along her response came her brother's, "NNope!" .

"Second: Panic"

"Sweet Celestia! Filly, ARE YOU ALRIGHT!?" Applejack was now near filly, who sat now near her father. She was nervously checking her for anything: broken wings, scratches, etc., just to find none.
Scowl is slowly showing on her face as she tries to comprehend what have just happened and that Veronica is alright. Victoria looks at her dad, worrying look shows her concerns. Mavis puts his hoof on Applejack's shoulder and tries to calm her.

"And now, number three: Acceptance" Mavis patted Applejack's shoulder. As she started to calm down, Mavis broke the silence.

"Now, please breath. Oh if only I were given a bit every time this happens. She is fine, and I assure you she didn't do it for the first time. but I hope this was the LAST one." Mavis put emphasis on word 'Last' and looked at Victoria, she had goofy smile that said 'woops...' .

"By the stales of hay, that scared me to death!" Announced Applejack, adjusting her hat . And then continued, still clearly surprised and nervous "You most certainly raised yourself a little dare devil, Mr. Mavis!"Applejack ruffled Victoria's mane, earning a cute giggling from little pony.

"I am very sorry, she must have really scare both of you. I wish she could somewhat restrain her power sometimes... She took so many things after her mother..." Mavis smiled at Applejack.

After newly found medicine, a hoof to the side, Applejack awaken her brother, who were still in a shock. And then they started to help Mavis with his furniture.Applejack wanted to take her mind off from this event so she suggested to help with moving in.

"She is really strong, your daughter that is." Started Applejack.

"Yes, Indeed... She took many features from her mother." Mavis laughed silently.

"Beg your pardon, if it seems rude. Who is her mother?"

"You would've not believe me if I told you." chuckled Mavis at her curiosity.

"Well then, try me!" Taunted Applejack, smirking and rising an eyebrow.

"Okay then... "

Mavis explained Victoria's mother whereabouts and who she was.Every now and then, laughing at Applejack face expressions.


*******


When wagon was finally unloaded, every furniture was in its place, AJ and Big Mac said their Goodbyes. Mavis offered some tea, but they refused politely and explained they had some chores to finish on farm. In evening, Mavis rested on his couch and soon he was joined by Victoria. She yawned and placed her head on her father's side. Slowly drifted to sleep while Mavis stroked her mane


Meanwhile, On apple's orchard.
Applejack just finished her daily chores. She was going to her home, along the way familiar voice called her.

"AJ! AJ!"

"What is it Rainbow?" Asked Applejack, stopping and turning towards her friend.

"Did you saw those new ponies that moved in? That little filly was AWESOME! ... Not as awesome like me of course, but still she went pretty fast all of the sudden!" Rainbow dash quickly added last part.

"Yeah, I saw them, and helped them move in. Mavis came here with his daughter, Victoria. They are nice folk, weird but really nice."

"He is a FATHER!?" Rainbow Dash nearly shouted. "I thought he was a brother or something..." Slight disappointment was noticeable in her voice.

"Hey Rainbow, do you know somepony ... A pegasus mare, named Glory Wings?" Asked Applejack

Rainbow Dash bolted to a nearby cloud and returned with magazine 'Ponythlete Montly'.

"Do I know her?! How can YOU NOT?!" Rainbow dash bolted trough magazine and paused at the page she was looking for. Then turned it to Applejack. Surprised at her friends sudden outburst Applejack read 'Glory Wings continues her streak. Champion of Sky Arena is victorious again in a battle against griffin Tearbeak. setting new record of 12 seconds victory. Glory Wings is still strong willed mare, even after her 10 year career as gladiator, she didn't turn down any opponent. Every fight, for those whole 10 years, was won!'

Applejack whistled and looked at Rainbow's face.

"Well horsefeathers, he was right. I can't belive it!"





A/N: Nooow I'll try adding some serious humor into the story.Also 'Dun,dun,duuuun!' THE wife is revealed! Leave your thoughts in comments, as always: every feedback i get is helpful. And also sorry for long delay and not big chapter. Got few things to do nowdays. :)

Comments ( 5 )

:applejackconfused: I'm so sorry, but who is Glory Wings? xD

1258121

She is my 3rd and last OC I created for this story.

You did a good job. :twilightsmile:
A fave and thumbs up.
Now the waiting game begins...

1448757

Thanks! ^^ Overall i have many ideas however studies take most of my free time so progress is slow : (

1449017
I know the feel, bro. :eeyup:

Login or register to comment