• Published 21st Jul 2021
  • 922 Views, 18 Comments

Super Mario Bronies - zgwrox



A Super Mario/MLP crossover. Mario finds a mysterious warp pipe.

  • ...
 18
 922

World 1: Ponyville

Mario, Twilight, and the rest of the gang finally made it to Ponyville. "Wow. This is a really nice town." Peach smiled.

"Thanks. My home is right over there." Twilight pointed to a castle that kinda looked like a giant crystal tree. Twilight opened the doors with her magic.

"Wow." Mario said as he looked around. "This castle is so amazing."

"Not as amazing as Peach's castle." Luigi added.

"Come. Let me show you to the library." Twilight said as she led them to her library.

At the library, Mario and the rest of his gang gotten along with the rest of Twilight's friends.

"I can't believe I'm in the same room as THE Mario!" Pinkie Pie jumped up and down in excitement.

"This Mario guy must be really awesome where he's from!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Ah! Found it!" Twilight levitated a red book with a gold mushroom on it towards Mario's gang. She opened the book to a page with Mario's very first battle with Bowser from Super Mario Bros. "Mario ran under Bowser's legs and cut the bridge with an axe which sent him falling into the lava below. Mario had rescued Princess Peach for the first time, and became a hero of the Mushroom Kingdom ever since. But Bowser came back to kidnap Peach time and time again, but no matter what got in his way, Mario triumphed over the evil Koopa King every single time."

"Wow, that is one heck of a legend." Applejack said.

Just then, Spike burped as a scroll came right out of his mouth. He picked up the scroll and opened it up.

"Dear Princess Twilight, I was informed of Mario and his friends arriving in Ponyville and would like to invite you all over for dinner. I would really like to know more about his big adventures. Yours truly, Princess Celestia."

"Wow. Looks like Princess Celestia really is excited to meet you." Twilight said. "What do you say?"

Mario looked at Twilight with a smile. "I say, let's-a go!"

World 1-1: The Road to Canterlot


Twilight opened the door to the library and the thirteen friends stepped out. "Lead the way, Twilight!" Yoshi said.

Twilight and the gang started walking down the path, when they noticed more Goombas were walking towards them.

"Let me try jumping on them!" Twilight said as she jumped on the Goombas like Mario did earlier. And just like last time, they disappeared.

Right after that, they saw a floating yellow block with a white question mark on it.

"Mario, what's that floating block?" Twilight asked.

"Oh, this? Let me show you." Mario said as he jumped up and hit the block with his fist, causing a fire flower to pop out. Mario grabbed the flower, and his clothes changed color upon contact.

"Whoa! What happened to your clothes?!" Applejack gasped.

Mario shot fireballs at the next set of Goombas. Then, he jumped on a Koopa Troopa and kicked his shell away.

"Did the weird flower just give you fire powers?" Twilight asked.

"Yes! That's the power of a Fire Flower!" Mario smiled at her. "You can keep shooting fireballs until-" While Mario was talking, the Koopa shell came back and hit Mario, and his clothes turned back to normal. "-that happens. You'll lose your powers when you take damage."

The gang then grabbed some floating gold coins while stomping Goombas. Eventually, they finally made it to Canterlot, where a black flag was waiting for them. Mario saw a huge stack of barrels nearby. "Okay. Now, when you see a flag like this, you gotta grab the pole!" He climbed the stack of barrels, and grabbed the pole. The flag instantly changed to a new red flag with the letter M on it. Mario struck a pose as he landed. The entire gang walked into Canterlot.

Inside Canterlot, everyone was eating their food, while Mario and Luigi were served mushroom soup, which they enjoyed.

"So, what do you like to do when you're not saving Peach from Bowser?" Twilight asked.

"Oh, we-a do go-karting, tennis, golf, baseball, parties, and a lot more."

"Sounds a lot like the guy I'd like to hang out with, especially when it comes to fighting Bowser!" Rainbow Dash said.

Just then, a loud noise came from outside. A cannonball smashed straight through a stained glass window.

"What was that?" Twilight asked. They all ran to the broken window to see a fleet of airships. Mario looked at one of the airships to see that Bowser was standing on it. King Sombra, Queen Chrysalis, Bowser Jr., and Grim Guy were with him.

"Bring me Princess Celestia!" Bowser said.

Bowser Jr. and Grim Guy jumped off the airship and chained Princess Celestia up, but she used her magic to make the chains disappear. Then, she shot a laser from her horn which hit one of the airships. The airship fell down and hit the ground as it exploded.

"RETREAT!" Bowser yelled. The rest of the airships turned around and left Canterlot.

"We got to stop Bowser from taking over Equestria!" Twilight said.

"Hey, where does that pipe lead?" Applejack said as she pointed to a nearby Warp Pipe.

The gang jumped into the pipe.

World 1-2: Caves of Crushing Crystals


After exiting the pipe, they found themselves in an underground cave. The cave was filled with Goombas, Koopa Troopas, and crystals. Some of the crystals were smashing into each other, hoping they would squish any pony or plumber who gets in the way.

"How the hay are we gonna get past THIS?" Applejack asked.

"Leave it to me!" Toad said as he sprinted past the crystals.

"Whoa!" Rainbow Dash gasped as she saw how fast Toad was. "Race ya to the goal!" she said as she sprinted past Toad.

"Oh, it's on!" Toad said as they ran. The crushers almost crushed the two speedsters, but they made it through.

Toad and Dashie kept sprinting, knocking down any Koopa Troopas that got in their way. Eventually, they found a pipe that led them out of the caves and back onto the surface, where the flagpole was waiting for them. Rainbow Dash flew up to the top of the flagpole and struck a pose as she landed. "Aw, yeah!" she said. The flag was replaced by a light blue flag with Rainbow Dash's cutie mark.

"Okay. You won that one, Dashie." Toad smiled as he patted her on the back.

"Come on. Let's move on to the next level." Mario said.

World 1-3: Silent but Jumpy


The gang started running, but were stopped in their tracks by black and star-shaped, devil-like creatures who were jumping up and down. "Ninjis!" Toad said.

"What the hay are these… Ninjis?" Applejack asked Mario.

"Those guys never stop jumping, ever!" Mario stated.

"I bet I can jump better than those guys!" Pinkie said.

"Pinkie, don't get any crazy ideas." Applejack said.

But it was too late. Pinkie Pie started jumping on the Ninjis as they reached their highest jumping point. She even slid underneath some of them while they were jumping.

Pinkie saw another Question Block. She jumped up and out popped a brown leaf with black eyes on it. She touched the leaf, and her tail was replaced with a racoon tail. "What's this? Another power-up?"

"Yeah, that's a Tanooki Leaf! It gives you the ability to glide!" Mario stated.

Pinkie jumped on another Ninji, then using her new Tanooki powers, she glided to another Ninji, and jumped on him, too. Soon, Mario, Twilight, and their friends were gliding from Ninji to Ninji until all of them were stomped.

Eventually, they got to the next flagpole. Applejack jumped up and touched the pole. "Yeehaw!" she said as the flag emblem changed to her cutie mark.

"How much farther, Mario?" Twilight asked.

"We should be there after one more level." Mario stated.

Just then, ponies were screaming and running away as a swarm of parasprites was flying around and multiplying.

World 1-4: Parasprite Fight


"Prasprites." Twilight said.

"Parasprites?" Yoshi asked. "What are they?"

"Parasprites are infect-like creatures that will multiply when they eat." the alicorn explained. "What are we gonna do?"

Yoshi stuck his tounge out at a nearby parasprite, immediately pulling it in and spat it out at another parasprite, causing both of them to disappear.

"Let me go!" Luigi screamed as he was getting carried off by some more parasprites. He tried to break free from their grip, but to no avail. Yoshi ate the parasprites carrying him off and swallowed them whole, laying a trail of eggs as he swallowed them.

"What the hay?" Applejack asked.

Yoshi tossed the eggs at the parasprites, causing him to destroy a whole bunch of them. Yoshi kept tossing egg at he parasprites until they were all gone.

"Woah, how'd you do that?" Twilight asked.

"I'm a Yoshi. That's what we do." Yoshi said.

"Look, there's the flagpole!" Applejack said as she pointed to the flagpole.

Yoshi flutter jumped up the buildings until he reached the flagpole.

"Hey, where'd this castle com from?" Pinkie asked as she pointed to a castle with Bowser's face carved onto it.

"I don't know. It wasn't here before." Luigi said. "Bowser's got to be inside."

"You know, it's kinda odd for Bowser to set up his castle here in Ponyville." Twilight said.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go get him!" Pinkie said as she ran towards the castle.

But Applejack stepped on her tail to stop her from going in. "Hold on now, y'all. We have no idea know who we're up against." she reminded her.

Bowser was watching the ponies outside his castle. "Those puonies have no idea who they're up against!" he laughed. Puony (pyew-oh-nee): A nickname for puny pony. "Grim Guy, are the traps all set?"

"Yes, lord Bowser." Grim Guy said.

World 1-🏰: Bowser's Classic Castle


The gang stormed through the castle doors right before they closed.

Inside the castle, everyone saw a series of platforms surrounded by lava, some of the platforms had spinning fire bars on them. Pinkie hopped from platform to platform until she touched a fire bar, causing her to lose her Tanooki powers.

"Aw, man! I was starting to like flying without wings!" Pinkie frowned. She kept jumping until she hit a Question Block. Out popped another fire flower which she immediately picked up. Her mane turned dark red and her fur color turned a darker shade of pink.

Just then, she saw three Hammer Bros. standing on a nearby platform. They started lobbing hammers at her, but Pinkie laughed as she avoided the hammers and shot fireballs at the Hammer Bros. while saying, "This is fun!"

They proceeded onward until they came across a familiar bridge with an axe on the other side. Just then, Bowser fell down and landed on the bridge. "Surprise, puonies!" he said as he turned towards the gang.

As Twilight and Mario’s gang charged towards the bridge, Bowser breathed a series of fireballs at them. "You didn't tell me he was part dragon!" Spike yelled.

Twilight's horn lit up and a purple aura appeared around Bowser. With a bright flash, the aura disappeared. Bowser grabbed Twilight by the chest.

"It's all over, Twilight. I'm gonna cook you and your puony friends into horse meat!" The king of the Koopas said as he threw Twilight on the ground. He took a deep breath and burned Twilight with his bubble breath-- wait a second. Bubble breath?! Bowser tried to burn her a second time. Again, bubbles came out of his mouth. "What have you done to me?!" Bowser said in shock. He covered his face and ran away in embarrassment. "Don't look at me! I'm hideous! I hope this wears off soon!"

"Oh no, you don't!" Pinkie said. Bowser turned around to see Mario holding an axe. He swung it down and cut the bridge. Bowser ran in place as the bridge collapsed. Mario, Pinkie, and Spike waved goodbye as Bowser was in midair.

But the Koopa King turned into a Goomba. The small mushroom creature then fell into the lava.

"Wait. That WASN'T the real Bowser?" Twilight asked.

"Bowser does this all the time." Mario stated.

"So where's the real Bowser?" Spike said.

"In another castle." Luigi said. "For now, let's go get that flagpole." The gang jumped into a Warp Box and reappeared on another tower. Pinkie Pie hopped on to the crates and landed on one forehoof on the top of the flagpole. After she slid down, she struck a pose with the rest of the gang.

The gang exited the castle. Mario looked at Twilight and said, "Well, done, everyone. But our journey's only gonna get more dangerous from here on out."

"Where do we go next?" Luigi asked.

Right on cue, Spike burped out another scroll.

"Dear Princess Twilight, Bowser and his army are making their way towards the Crystal Empire. You must head there ASAP and stop them. Yours truly, Princess Celestia."

"Come on, guys! We're taking the Friendship Express!" Twilight said.

Mario followed Twilight and her friends on to the Friendship Express.