• Published 17th Aug 2021
  • 2,874 Views, 273 Comments

Flash Sentry, Defender of the Peace S7 - Banshee531



Flash and his friends return, trying to live their lives as peacefully as they can. But life if rarely so peaceful, as our heroes are about to find out.

  • ...
3
 273
 2,874

Rock Solid Friendship

It was a...stoic day in the town of Rockville, home of the rusting old Pie Family Rock Farm. And near the town was a microscopically known school named the Equestrian Institute of Rockology. Outside this school was the aforementioned Pie Family, along with their guest Wild Smile, who were all sitting on the front row two lines of chairs in front of a large wooden stage. On said stage was the schools best, and only, professor Rusty Tenure.

"So in closing," the teacher stated to the 'crowd', "Earning a rocktorate in rock studies from the Equestrian Institute of Rockology is no easy feat. I'm proud of each and every one of you." He turned to his class, only to remember he only had a single student: Maud Pie. "Uh...each of...no, just you, actually."

In reply, Maud simply blinked her usual cold monotone blink before turning to her family. Her parents had similar expressions to her, while her sisters all had different ones. Marble showed a small smile while Limestone seemed annoyed that she had to be here. As for Pinkie...she was being Pinkie.

"Go, Maud!" Her younger sister cheered with a wave of some cutie mark flags. "Woo-hoo!" She then pulled out a novelty foam finger, which she waved around as well. "Number one! Number one!" Wild was also cheering, his puppets flying above the family with a banner connected between them with Maud's face on either side with words between them.

THE ROCK-TOR IS IN!

"Fillies and gentlecolts-" Rusty continued until he spotted something on the chair to Wild's left. A tiny little chair with the pet rock known as Boulder sitting atop it. "And is that magnesium-rich basalt?" Maud waved at Boulder as the teacher continued, "It is my honor to present our vale-rock-torian, Maud Pie. Excuse me," he shined a small smile, "Doctor Pie." He stepped aside, allowing Maud to move over to the podium.

"Whoo!" Pinkie added, jumping up and landing between Marble and Limestone as she wrapped her hooves around them. "Doctor Pie! Doctor Pie!" She then looked up at the banner and wished she had been the one to come up with the rock-tor idea.

Wild smiled at his girlfriend, only to notice Cloudy Quartz was starting to cry while Igneous patted her on the shoulder. Maud then cleared her throat, causing the microphone to feedback and make them all cover their ears. She took out some index cards and began her speech, "I'm Maud-"

"Yeah, you are!" Pinkie cheered, interrupting her sister. "Brilliant speech! Encore! Encore!"

Wild then put a hoof over her mouth, "I think there's more," he told her with Maud nodding.

"There is," she replied in her deadpan voice. "I'm Maud," she flipped her index card, "Pie. Thank you."

"Huh," Wild commented as Maud walked away the podium. "I guess she's never one to mince words." As he said that, Maud was given a diploma, which was obviously made out of a flap piece of rock, she and her teacher then turning to Igneous as he took a photo using an old fashioned camera.

As soon as the picture was taken, Pinkie responded to the speech, "You are so welcome! Brilliant speech! Encore! Encore! Encore!" Wild laughed at this while Maud stepped off the stage with her rocktorate.

"Congrats Maud," he told her once the family gathered around the newly minted doctor. "I have no idea what it takes to get one of those, but I'm guessing it was hard."

"Very," she flatly replied, "It requires being able to identify over a hundred species of rock and the ability correctly estimate their ages from the lines upon their body." She reached over and picked up Boulder. "That was only to pass year one of three. I'd go on, but I wouldn't want to bore you since I know this kind of thing isn't for everypony."

"No," Wild shook his head, "It's very...interesting."

"Hey now!" Pinkie cheered as she jumped around the family and started putting party hats on their heads. "Let's not waste time talking about how you got it. What matters is you have it, and that means only one thing: PARTY!" The rest of her family rolled her eyes at this, trying to hide their smiles.

"Either way," Igneous responded as Pinkie started dancing, "Now that ye have acquired the torate of rock, ye must now choose how to best use it."

"Yeah," Limestone added, "What are you gonna do now that you've graduated?"

"I already have some ideas," Maud replied, "One such idea is moving to Ponyville." This statement caused Pinkie to freeze in place. "I also might start writing a book on the best places in Equestria to find the best quality rocks of each genus."

"Hold it!" Pinkie teleported over to her, "What did you just say?!"

"I might start writing a book on the best places in Equestria to find the best quality rocks of each genus," she repeated.

"No!" Pinkie shook her head. "Before that."

"I already have some ideas."

"After that."

"I might start writing-"

"BETWEEN THOSE TWO THINGS!" Pinkie screamed, Wild seeing Maud's lips move slightly up, making him chuckle as he realized she was trolling her sister.

"One of those ideas is moving to Ponyville." Pinkie heard this and looked like a filly on Heartswarming.

"You...you're really moving to Ponyville?" Maud reply was to simply shrug.

"There's nothing left to study back home on the rock farm, so I might move to Ponyville." As soon as she said this, Pinkie's entire body started vibrating.

"Uh-oh..." Wild gulped as his puppets repeated that statement. They all stepped back as Pinkie's shaking continued to increase.

"SHE'S GONNA BLOW!" Limestone cried before all but Maud took cover, seconds before Pinkie's entire body inflated and then exploded into confetti. Everypony watched as the confetti flew down on Maud and half buried her, then flew off her and reformed into the pink force of nature.

"YOU'RE MOVING TO PONYVILLE!" Pinkie screamed, the cry of excitement so loud now that it filled the air and made every bird in a twenty mile radius take off. And she didn't stop screaming for a while.


In fact, it wasn't until she, Maud and Wild were on the train heading for Ponyville...and a hour or so into the journey. In that time, the other passengers had got pretty annoyed with the mare, which was also jumping and cartwheeling around. But when she finally stopped and landed on the seat next to Maud, she shined the biggest grin.

"You're moving to Ponyville!" She cheered with her nose touching Maud's, "We'll live together and get bunk beds and I'll make us fuzzy slippers that say 'Best Sister Friends Forever', although I probably can't fit all those words on a slipper, so maybe just B.S.F.F, but we don't have to decide right now because we'll be together all the time since when it comes to Ponyville, the doctor is in!"

Wild laughed at the sight before slinging his hoof around the mare, "You might wanna calm down babe. Besides, are you sure the Cakes would be okay with Maud moving into Sugarcube Corner permanently?"

"Permanently, permanently."

"He's right," Maud nodded, "If I do decide to move to Ponyville, I'll probably want my own place."

"What do you mean 'if you decide?" Wild asked, Pinkie slowly turning her head back to her.

"I'm not definitely moving to Ponyville," Maud replied.

"Of course you are, silly. You said-" her hair and face morphed to look like a pink version of Maud, the mare somehow gaining eye shadow as she did as she imitated her voice, "There's nothing left to study back home on the rock farm, so I might move to Ponyville." Once she was done, she smiled before blowing into her hoof and making herself pop back to normal.

"I'm also considering Ghastly Gorge," Maud added, Wild's eyes going wide while Pinkie just laughed.

"Classic Maud sense of humor!" She then nudged her with her elbow, "You should do stand-up!"

"I do. But that wasn't a joke."

This made Pinkie gasp, "Ghastly Gorge?! That terrible, awful, no-fun, all-alone canyon in the middle of nowhere?"

"And full of deadly pony-eating eels," Wild finished as his puppets repeated his last words.

Maud nodded, "There or Ponyville."

Wild turned to Pinkie, her brain now twitching before she exclaimed, "But Ponyville is so eee-hee-hee-hee-hee!" Her mouth turned into a massive smile before thinking about the other option. "And Ghastly Gorge is so blegh!" She pulled her face down, sticking her tongue out as she looked back at Maud, who continued to just flatly stare.

"It's a rock-based decision," she replied.

"Shouldn't it also be a survival based decision?" Wild asked, "Again, pony-eating eels."

Pinkie didn't seem to notice him, instead jumping onto her back and waving her back hooves into Maud's face, "But what about B.S.F.Fs?

"That's why I'm giving Ponyville a chance," Maud responded.

"Phew!" Pinkie wiped her brow at this, "So all I have to do is prove Ponyville has better rocks than Ghastly Gorge?" She smirked, "Challenge accepted." She pointed at Maud, "We'll drop your stuff off at my place, and then hold onto your world, cause it's about...to...get...rocked!" With each pause, her face had gotten closer to her sister's until it was now touching.

The two simply stared at one another before Maud replied, "Okay." Pinkie's determined stare was then replaced with a smile, the earth pony hugging her sibling. Maud then got up, stating that Boulder needed to use the restroom, and walked off.

Once she was gone, Wild leaned over to Pinkie, "So...what part of Ponyville has the best rocks? Didn't you say one of the reasons you moved to Ponyville was because it was lacking in rocks?" Wild then saw steam slowly begin to come out of Pinkie's ears, "Uh, are you okay-"

"I GOT IT!" She suddenly exclaimed, making the other passengers in the cart all turn to glare at her. "I know exactly where to take her! The place in Ponyville that's absolutely loaded with the best rocks anypony could hope to find!"

"Really?" Wild asked before Pinkie nodded, "Awesome. Where?" Pinkie just tapped her nose just as Maud returned. They continued talking about all the awesome things they had in Ponyville, trying to convince Maud, only for the announcer to call out that their stop was up next.

"Oooh," Pinkie jumped up and somehow stopped the laws of gravity in order to grab their bags from the rack before floating back down. "Just wait Maud. Your amazing new life in Ponyville starts right now!"

Wild took the bags as they walked out, Pinkie now beginning to give a tour despite Maud having already been to the town before. And as they arrived at Sugar Cube Corner, they saw one particular filly walking out while reading a book and enjoying a cupcake.

"Soul!" Pinkie cheered, making the alicorn look up from her book that she had been holding in her magic. "Hiya! I want you to meet my sister, Maud." Soul turned to the earth pony, blinking at the sight of the gray pony before showing a smile.

"Hello. Its nice to meet you."

Maud simply nodded back at that before Pinkie exclaimed, "Guess what, Maud? Soul here wants to be a doctor, just like you."

This made Soul raise an eyebrow, "You're a doctor?"

"I have a rocktorate," Maud replied, "I'm guessing you want to be a normal doctor, which works on ponies instead of rocks." Soul nodded. "Well then, you don't want to be a doctor like me."

Soul just stared at her, her silence broken after a slow blink. "Right...so uh...what did you have to study to be a rock doctor?"

"I majored in Rock Identification and chronology, with a minor in stand-up comedy."

The filly blinked at this while Maud glanced down and saw Soul was reading a first aid book before commenting, "Certain rocks have medicinal qualities."

"They do?" Soul asked, Maud nodding again.

"Limestone is good at healing upset stomachs. It's calcium carbonate and powdered up, the same as what modern doctors use to treat stomach problems."

"Wow..." Soul responded, "That's really cool."

Pinkie smiled at this exchange, only for Wild to return after dropping their bags into her room, "Alright, this has been great." Pinkie slung a hoof around Maud's shoulders, "But it's time for me to show Maud all the awesome rocks of town."

Soul raised an eyebrow again, only to shrug, "Yeah, I've gotta get going to. Nice meeting you," Soul spread her wings and took to the air with her book and cupcake.

"She seemed nice," Maud deadpanned.

"She is," Pinkie added, "And just think, you'll get to talk to her about what other rocks are good for medicine once you move here. Now come on. I know the perfect place to start the tour."

With that, she pulled Maud along with Wild following after them. And it wasn't long till they arrived at the entrance of Pinkie's master plan. "Oh..." Wild whispered as he figured out what Pinkie was planning as the entrance of the cave. The mare smiled before she pulled a trio of lamp fitted hardhats from her mane and placed them on each head before goinog into the opening.

"Pretty cool, huh?" Pinkie asked, stepping back next to Wild as Maud glanced around. "She's interested." Wild turned back to Maud, not really seeing any change in her emotion. They continued down the tunnel, only for Pinkie to grimace as they continued, "Oh no. She's getting bored." Again, Wild didn't see any change in her expression. "Looks like we'll have to take drastic measures."

"How do you-"

"And now for the best part of the cave!" Pinkie yelped, leading Maud down a tunnel into a large chamber that was filled with glistening jewels. "Ghastly Gorge may have rocks," Pinkie commented as they marched through it. "But our gem cave rocks!" Maud then heard a rim shot, making her turn to Wild and saw he had somehow produced a drum-set that his puppets her holding up for him.

"What?" He asked, "You hang around Pinkie long enough, you're bound to pick up a few tricks. Don't tell me you don't have a harp or something stashed around her." Maud slowly turned back to Pinkie and saw she was in the process of pulling a harp out from behind a large rock, the mare letting out a laugh before pushing it back out of sight.

"Oh," she pointed further down the tunnel, "And look! You'll never know who you'll see!" Maud followed her hoof and saw two unicorns and a dragon currently pulling gems free from the wall.

Rarity, Lightning and Spike looked up from their work, "Maud, darling!" Rarity gasped, "It's lovely to see you again! Oh! Congratulations on your rocktorate. What are you doing now?"

"Talking to you," Maud instantly replied.

"Oh...right." Rarity let out a fake laugh before clearing her throat. "Well, if your trained eye happens to see a chartreuse gem, I'm desperate to find one."

"Is this one?" Lightning asked, holding up a green rock. His girlfriend glared back at him, the electric unicorn throwing the rock at Spike who opened his mouth to let it fall in. "What?! I've never seen one of those before. You said it yourself that they're hard to-"

"I found one." They turned back to Maud and saw she was holding up a greenish yellow gem.

"Oh, you're an absolute darling! This will surely make my gown stand out at Countess Coloratura's album release party." She placed it in the basket of gems that Spike was holding, "Do you know how rare this is?"

Pinkie then shot up beside Maud, "Just another day in Ponyville!" She winked before trotting over to look at the gem, only for her sister's reply to make her stop.

"That's actually a really common gem."

"Huh?" The remaining ponies and dragon glanced over at her, Maud taking the moment to kick a wall with her back hoof. The wall broke apart and a large pile of chartreuse gems came flooding out.

The ponies all went wide-eyed as Maud looked up, "These are all really common gems."

"They are?" Pinkie yelped, the mare turning at Rarity and seeing tears begin to appear in her eyes. "Uh, I mean..." She started to laugh, "Heh, come on! Of course they are! That's why I didn't bring you here to impress you!" Wild was now resisting the urge to facehoof at this, "I wanted to make sure you had a chance to, heh, say hello to your old pal..." She reached over and grabbed the nearby dragon, "Spike!"

Maud watched her pull the dragon over to her, the pair staring at one another for a second. "Hello, Spike."

"Way to go, Maud!" Pinkie cried as she threw Spike back over to the others, Lightning barely catching him. "Cross that off the to-do list! Y'know what I'm sayin'?" She suddenly pulled a tick shaped gem out of nowhere, "Check!" After throwing it away, she pushed Maud back to the exit. "Now, let's get moving, 'cause I'm about to show you something that'll make you yell 'all right'!"

"All right," Maud replied with her nervously sweating sister now smiling.

"See? Ha-ha!"

And as they left, Lightning turned to Wild, "I know I really shouldn't ask this, but what the heck is wrong with that mare?"

"Every Pie has her weirdness," he replied with his puppets nodding, "You just uh...gotta learn to get on their wavelength." He then saw Rarity pull the gems they had collected out of the basket and was now muttering under her breath. "You know what," He spun around, "I should probably go see what they're doing next. Bye."

"Bye, bye, bye, bye, bye, bye, bye!" His puppets repeated as he ran out of the cave.


Thirty minutes later, the three ponies had arrived at Pinkie's second idea to impress Maud into staying in Ponyville. The gray earth pony was now blindfolded, Pinkie pushing to a certain tree-shaped building. "Ta-da!" She exclaimed as she removed the cloth, "It's a castle...made of rocks!" Maud just stared at this, "Whaaaat?!" Pinkie added, "Did I just blow your mind? I think I just blew your mind."

"A lot of structures are made from rocks, Pinkie." Maud replied, "They're a very stable building material."

Pinkie went wide-eyed at this, only to point at the castle again, "But this place grew out of nowhere after a magical key-build gem followed a rainbow and buried itself in the ground! I mean, have you ever seen rocks like this?"

Maud remained silent for a moment, only to slowly answer, "Yes."

"No, you haven't!" Pinkie yelled as Maud pointed back the way they had just come.

"We literally just saw hundreds of them in the gem cave." Pinkie's mouth dropped, Wild face-hoofing before Pinkie's eyes flicked from right to left.

"But...but...oh!" She pointed over at a bush, "Look at those rocks!" She dug through it and pulled out a bunch of very pointy spheres, along with having several stuck to her head, legs and hair. The look on her face could tell whatever they were hurt.

"Those are sting-bush seed pods."

Pinkie's eye twitched, "So they are!" She tried to shake them off, only for Wild to pull them off with his magic.

"Why do Flash and Twilight have these so close to their castle? That's just asking for trouble." He pulled the last one off her as Pinkie then pointed to something else.

"Look at that rock! It's even got four smaller rocks around it like legs!"

Maud tilted her head slightly to the side, "That's a tortoise." Pinkie's eyes went wide before she turned to see the head of a familiar reptile poke out from its shell. He smiled at her while her twitched its last nerve.

"WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON TANK!" She screamed, causing the tortoise to be blown away as Wild ran over. He placed a bag around her mouth to get her to calm down, the mare breathing in and out of it as Wild spotted Lyra Heartstrings and Bon Bon trotting by. He signalled them to go away, the mares walking away at this.

A few minutes later, Pinkie pushed the bag away before her entire body started to deflate as she let out a sigh. "I guess you won't be moving to Ponyville after all. Those rocks at Ghastly Gorge don't know how lucky they are to have you."

Maud then leaned down and helped her up. "Actually," she said as Pinkie re-inflated, "Rocks aren't the only reason I'm considering Ponyville."

Pinkie's ears flicked up at this, "But you said it's a rock-based decision."

Maud nodded. "I'm obviously passionate about exotic rocks, but I've always studied them..." She looked away, Pinkie noticing a look of sadness appear on her face that Wild couldn't see, "Alone." Pinkie's eyes went wide at this, "I could handle some less exciting rocks if it meant I'd have somepony to talk to besides Boulder." She held up her pet as Pinkie let out a mild gasp of realization.

"Are you saying you want...a friend?!"

Wild raised an eyebrow at this, only for Maud to reply, "I wouldn't mind one."

Pinkie let out another, longer gasp as her eyes suddenly took up eighty percent of her face. "Maudileena Daisy Pie-" Wild barely stopped himself from laughing at the mare's full name, "This'll be easy!" She reached into her mane and pulled out a clipboard. "What're you looking for in a friend? Gimme six qualities assigning each one a numerical importance rating between one and seven, seven being essential and one being eh." She let out a burp, causing a pencil to appear out of her mouth that she caught with her teeth.

"It isn't hard to meet somepony I like," Maud replied, "It's finding somepony who gets me."

"I get you!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"You're my sister. It's different."

"Maud..." Pinkie moved her face toward hers, both now touching noses, "You are the best! You never know when the lightning of friendship will strike." She turned to the castle and pointed at the exit. "In fact, somepony could come barrellng through that door at this very moment and become your best friend!" They all stared at the door...only for nothing to happen. Wild then brought a puppet down and opened up its chest, where a pocket-watch was sitting. That is, till Pinkie spoke up, "Y'know, I really thought somepony was gonna come barreling through that-" She didn't get to finish as the doors opened.

A pony now walked out with a book floating in front of them, making her run into Maud before Pinkie and Wild could stop them. "Ouch," Wild winced, now seeing the pony was Starlight. "You all okay?" He saw the pair were half buried in books that had spilled out of Starlight's saddlebag, the unicorn quickly recovering.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" She magically grabbed her books and lifted them off of Maud, "That was totally my fault!" She put them away and turned to Maud, "Are you okay? I should've been watching where I was going, and-" She stopped when she stared at Maud, making her raise an eyebrow. "You look really familiar. Have we met before?"

"Yes," Maud slowly replied.

"I knew it!" Starlight exclaimed while Pinkie's eyes went wide.

"WHAAAAAAAT!"

Wild's eyes went wide eyed at this as well, now seeing Starlight stare at Maud, "No, no, don't tell me. Um..." Starlight rubbed her chin at this, Pinkie now vibrating with a smile on her face as she waited for the two to explain how they knew each other. "Yeah..." Starlight slowly replied, "See, I was really hoping you'd tell me while I pretended to remember."

That was too much for Pinkie, who jumped up and wrapped her hooves around the pair. "How is this possible?!" She asked before letting out a scream of excitement, everypony then turning to Maud.

"I travelled Equestria for my rocktorate dissertation..." The mare then went into a vivid explanation about how she had met Starlight back before she had met Twilight and before her village was even finished being built, and asked if she knew about any rocks with the power that could hold cutie marks. It turns out, it had been Maud that had told her all about the wall that had once held the cutie marks of Twilight and the others.

Once the story was over, Starlight seemed to have fully remember the incident while Pinkie did a small gulp. She unleashed a high pitched fake laugh after this as she said, "Hey, I got an idea. Let's not tell anypony that part where you maybe, for sure, accidentally helped Starlight enslave a town!" She started laughing again, then turned back to Maud, "Tell nopony!"

Maud remained quiet for a moment before replying, "It's not like she's enslaved anypony lately." This made Pinkie pull back while Starlight let out a weak chuckle before signing.

"Well, its great seeing you again." She then walked past them, "I gotta run a few errands." She let out another sigh as she headed for town, now showing a huge frown. And once she was far enough away, Pinkie bounced over to Maud and spoke through the side of her mouth.

"Offer to help."

"What?"

"Offer to help!" Pinkie replied a little louder, pointing at Starlight.

But before Maud could do so, Starlight stopped and looked back at them. "You wanna help?"

Maud's head went back and forth between the two, "Do I?"

"Of course you do!" Pinkie smiled while clapping her hooves, "Go!"

"Okay." But Maud remained in place, leading Pinkie to push her toward Starlight. Once that happened, Maud began to walk on her own and the two mares headed off for town, Pinkie squealing and clapping her hooves again.

"They're totally gonna be best friends!" She told Wild before giving him a hug. "And then Maud will choose Ponyville, and we'll get to wear B.S.F.F slippers!"

"Yup," Wild nodded, "All's good in the sisterhood. Now we can just leave them to bond and-" He stopped when one of his puppets patted him on the shoulder, making him turn to see his girlfriend was suddenly gone. "Pinkie?" He continued to circle around, "Pinkie?" He came to a stop and scratched his head, "Where'd you go?"


Back with Starlight and Maud...

The pair were now wandering around the town's market place, both walking in relative silence, Starlight unsure whether or not it could be classed as uncomfortable or not. But as they did this, Maud broke the silence, "Rocks take on different properties when interacting with magic. With the right stone, you could rule all of Equestria if you wanted to."

Starlight stopped in her tracks before slowly turning back to Maud, "You're messing with me."

Maud's reply was to simply stare at her, no changes whatsoever in her expression. "Am I?" Starlight blinked at her for a moment, as if scanning her from top to bottom. As she did this, her brain turned, now seeing that Maud's current blank expression was her version of a smile.

This caused Starlight to start laughing, then let out a content sigh as she asked, "So other than rocks, what else are you into?"

"Minerals. Plate tectonics. Oh, and stand-up comedy of course."

Starlight nodded at this, then glanced around before slowly whispering out, "I like...kites." She blushed at this, her brain now screaming at her for telling such a deep secret, ready to mocked and ridiculed.

"Kites are cool." Starlight went wide-eyed again, only to switch to big smile before the pair began to walk away. But as they did this, a certain pony popped her head out of a nearby barrel with a plant on her head.

"Hey Pinkie!" The mare yelped before turning to see Springer and Ace beside her. "What's up?" Springer then glanced at Starlight and Maud, "I didn't know whose two were friends."

"They're not!" Pinkie exclaimed, "And if I don't do something, they'll never be friends, and Maud'll choose to move away!" She let out a moan and slid back into the barrel, Springer and Ace sharing a glance.

"I know I'm not an expert at this," Ace replied, "But from their auras, it looks like they're having a good time."

"They are," Springer nodded before looking at the barrel and plants that buried Pinkie. "They're definitely on their way to being friends."

Pinkie didn't say anything back, Ace then saying, "Although I wouldn't peg those two as being friends. I mean...they're so different."

"I wouldn't say that." Springer shrugged, "Everypony has a unique way of being friends. I mean, look at me. When Flash and I hang out, we like to listen to music and read comics. And when I wanna play video games, I'd hang out with a pony that really likes video games. Everypony's different."

"Huh," Ace nodded, "I guess that makes sense."

"You're still learning." Springer chuckled as he patted Ace on the head, "Though Starlight is too..." He turned back to the barrel, "See Pinkie? They might not seem to be having a good time, but maybe just calmly talking to one another is there way of enjoying one another's company." But as he said that, silence was her reply, "Pinkie?" He closed his eyes to scan for her aura...only to find nothing. "What the?" He reached into the barrel, only to just pull up some plants, "Where'd she go?" The pair began to scan for her aura trail, only to find nothing to indicate how she escaped the barrel without them noticing.

"How'd she do that?" Ace looked under the barrel, expecting a secret hatch, only to find nothing.

"It's Pinkie Pie, don't question it."


Later...

Flash and Heart were in the park, both wielding wooden swords in their hooves. "Let's make this interesting," Flash chuckled as he put on a blindfold, "If you can hit me, I'll do your chores for a week."

"Oh hoo," Heart smirked before posing with his sword, "Challenge accepted." He slowly walked around Flash, the defender's ears twitching at the sound of his hoof steps and gentle beating of wings. He then tried to hover and charge at Flash, only for the pegasi to spin around and block his sword before pushing the colt back. This was followed by a swing of Flash's sword, making Heart leap back.

"For a pegasi, you're surprisingly heavy-hoofed." Heart huffed at this before leaping, trying to slash at him from above, only for Flash to block him, "And heavy winged." Flash pushed him back again, "Now come on. Stop trying to hit me and hit me."

"Raaah!" Heart charged at this, only for Flash to swing once, knocking Heart's out of his hooves before bonking him with his wooden sword. "Ow!"

Flash sighed as he removed the blindfold, "Still having trouble staying calm."

"I'm getting better!"

Flash shook his head before holding up his hoof and rotated left to right. "Anyways, looks like your sword grip is working, but your still treating it like a weapon. Not like an extension of your body. If you just-"

He didn't get to finish, as something flew into the clearing before landing between them. The pair glanced down and saw it was a pizza box, making them raise an eyebrow. "Hey!" They turned to see Derpy, "That's mine."

"Why are you playing frisbee with a pizza?" Flash asked as she picked the box up.

"I'm not," Derpy replied, "Pinkie threw it at me. When did Pinkie start working for Mr. Domino?"

"I...don't know," Flash replied, "But if she's acting this strange, that's usually a bad sign. Come on Heart." The two walked away, Derpy now watching them leave.

"Hey," she asked before holding up the box, "Don't you want a slice?" She opened it up, only to cringe, "Eww, pineapple."


As Flash headed in the direction Derpy had come from, they found a path leading deeper into the park along with Starlight and Maud. "Sorry about my sister," They heard Maud tell the unicorn, "There's no half-excited with her."

"Oh, I know. But she always calms down...eventually." They then spotted Flash and Heart, "Hey you two, what's up?"

"Apparently, Pinkie delivers pizzas now."

"My apologizes," Maud replied in her normal deadpan voice. "I think she's just worried about me and Starlight not getting along."

Flash and Heart raised an eyebrow as they looked between the pair, "Oookay. So uh, when did you two meet?"

"I'd tell you, but Pinkie told me to tell nopony."

This just made the two pegasi share a glance, only for Flash to freeze up. "Hang on," he told them before holding his head. "I'm here. Whoa Springer, calm down. What's attacking?" He nodded and hummed, "No, I got this." He spread his wings. "Sorry to dash, but I got places to be." He then turned to Heart, glaring at him before pointing his hoof at the colt's chest. "Stay." Heart snarled at this, "Stay." With that, he took to the air.

Heart crossed his hooves at this, "I'm not a dog."

"Well, telling you to stay where you were like a pony didn't seem to work out," Starlight joked as Heart rolled his eyes. "Can you really blame him?"

"What am I supposed to do now?!" Heart exclaimed, Maud and Starlight now sharing a glance.

"Wanna come with us? We were just about to..." Starlight turned to Maud, "What were we gonna do?"

Maud shrugged. "I would like to go see the gem cave again. I didn't get a good enough chance to study the rocks in more detail before Pinkie pushed me out of there."

Starlight nodded and turned to Heart, who shrugged back, "Well...I don't think I've been in that cave before."

"Then let's go," Starlight began to lead them to the cave while summoning lamp helmets.

And as they got there, Heart stared at the winding cave walls, "Huh. I kinda feel like the characters in that book Twilight got me to read. You know, by that Jokey Verne guy."

"Quest to the Center of Equestria?" Starlight asked, the colt nodding. "I guess this is kinda like that book. Though don't expect to see extinct animals down here." They ten reached the entrance to the fabled gem cave, one which was now completely empty apart from the three, "Why do you find rocks so fascinating?" Starlight asked as they stared at the chamber.

"Each one has a different story to tell," Maud responded before she showed Starlight her pet rock. "Like Boulder here." She pointed to a line along it, "This tells me he's over two thousand years old, though Boulder don't look a day over six hundred."

"Wow," Starlight stated as Heart moved over to make funny faces in one of the reflective gems, "You can tell that from a line?"

"I didn't get a rocktorate because I can shred on guitar like nopony else," Maud replied, making Starlight laugh before moving over to Heart, who stopped his stupid faces when he saw her reflection frowning at her. "Another reason I like rocks," Maud continued, "They don't exclude you if you're...different than other ponies."

This made both Heart and Starlight's ears go down, the ex-villain and two thousand year old colt that was still learning the basics of living in a modern world now understanding. No matter how welcoming the ponies of the town were, they knew what she meant by that.

"They're beautiful and strong, but they don't judge you or make you feel less than in any way." Starlight looked away from the gem on the wall and turned to Maud, "I think I'm starting to like rocks, too." She walked off and Maud followed her with her gaze, Heart now seeing a slight smile appear on the earth pony's lips.

But before Heart could say anything, a strange tapping noise filled the air, making them turn to see Starlight knocking on a wall. "It's hollow?" She asked as the pair walked up.

"It's granite," Maud replied, "Hollow granite is highly unusual." Starlight nodded before sparking her horn, causing the wall to glow before it slowly started broke apart...and reveal a new tunnel.

"Wow," Heart whispered, "Now it's really like Quest to the Center of Equestria." He ran inside, Starlight telling him to wait before they followed him in. And when they did, they found it was another cavern, one much larger than the gem cave. It had a lot of ground, but also had a large pool of water being fed by waterfalls that flowed out from other pools higher up. It was illuminated by a large cluster of glowing crystals, which were hanging from the roof and the ground was littered with similar crystals along with mushrooms and a lot of moss and grass.

"Amazing..." Starlight gasped as Heart flew up, "Have you ever seen anything like this?"

"No," Maud replied, "And that's unusual for me."

"THERE YOU ARE!" Starlight and Heart jumped when they heard Pinkie's voice, making them turn to see the party pony had materialized between the two other mares. "I thought you went your separate ways but you can't imagine how happy I am to find you both together and to witness one of your firsts as friends!" And as she said all this, she zipped bacck and before returning with camera equipment and placing a beach backdrop behind them.

"What first?" Heart asked as Pinkie grabbed his tail and pulled him out of the way.

"Their first time discovering an underground cavern!" With that, she pulled a powerful flash camera out of nowhere and took a photo of the now slightly blinded ponies. Once they had mostly recovered their sight, Pinkie gave them the photo she had just taken to them. "I can't wait 'til you're old and eating pistachios together and telling your grand-foals about this!" She then grabbed Heart, "We'll leave you to enjoy this moment."

She pulled him away, the colt crying out, "Hey! I wanted to take a ride on that waterfall." Pinkie stopped his complaints by glaring at him, the pegasus colt gulping, "Um...nevermind. I can come back."

With that, Pinkie zipped out of the cave, only to glance back and saw the two staring at the photo, both sharing a look that Pinkie didn't like. "Oh no! They're not bonding!"

"What are you talking about?" Heart replied, "Those two are getting along-" He stopped as Pinkie suddenly vanishing, the action of her letting go just now registering, "Whoa!"

"Eeep!" He heard Pinkie cry from around the corner, "I'm tripping on a rock at this very moment! And now I'm falling down!" As she said this, a clicking noise filled the colt's ears.

BOOM!

The entire cave shook, filling with dust that almost choked Heart until he used his wings to blow the cloud away. And when the dust settled, he, Maud and Starlight moved around the corner and found Pinkie standing next to a caved in section of the cave. "Oh no," Pinkie cried, "My accidental clumsiness has trapped us here!" She then smirked and ran over to the mares, pushing them together, "Where you'll be forced to bond until we're rescued."

"Oh, we won't have to wait for that." Starlight waved her hoof, "There's gotta be a spell that-"

"Get us out of here, boy." The three turned to Maud, who was talking to Boulder before she flicked him straight up. It struck the ceiling and fell back into her grasp, the ceiling now cracking and breaking apart before giving away. They all watched their prison open up and unleashed a large volume of sand down, which piled up and left a large hole, making Heart turn to Maud.

"Boulder, that was awesome!" Starlight gasped, Heart nodding while Maud put the rock back in her dress.

"No. That was sandstone." The three began to make their way up before looking down at the sand, seeing Pinkie at the bottom.

"More sand than stone, apparently."

"At least now we have another way into that cave," Heart chuckled, "I'm so gonna bring Ace and the others here sometime. It's like an underground water park."

In that moment, Pinkie jumped out of the hole and placed a pair of cowbells around Maud and Starlight's necks. "I'm thinking you wear these around your neck at all times so I don't lose you again, you sillies! That way, I can track your progress as friends!"

She hit the bells before pushing the two, Heart then asking, "Don't you think you're being a little too extreme?"

Pinkie shook her head, "Nope! In fact, tomorrow we can have a friendship brunch! What's your favorite kind of omelette cupcake?!" She then whispered to Maud, "Mine's jalapeño red velvet!"

Maud let out a deadpan groan, even Heart able to sense the frustration in her voice. "Yeah...." Starlight told Pinkie as she pushed Pinkie back, "Um, I-I don't know if I can make it."

But Pinkie just smiled as he placed a hoof on her chest, "You'll change your minds when you smell the yummy food!" With that, she bounced off down the trail, "Come on!" She disappeared down the trail, Starlight looking down at their cowbell.

She then ripped the bells off and threw them away. "Oops," she smirked before they walked off in a different direction.


A little later...

Starlight and Maud had gone their separate ways, much to Pinkie's chagrin, and the unicorn was now back at the castle, enjoying dinner with the rest of its occupants.

"And then we managed to push it back through the portal and close it," Flash finished before taking a forkful of spaghetti into his mouth and sucking it down. "So anyway, how'd everypony else's day go?" He turned to Starlight, "You and Maud have any fun?"

"You met Maud?" Soul asked Starlight, the unicorn nodding. "She was nice...if a little weird. It's kinda hard to believe she and Pinkie are related."

"It takes time," Twilight replied after swallowing a hay-ball. "But over time, you get used to her and realize the pair kinda balance one another out."

"Actually, I didn't have any problem getting along with Maud. She is weird, but in a really good way." Starlight then let out a sigh, "I just wish Pinkie would lighten up. Whenever she was around, I was having a really hard time relaxing around Maud. I kept worrying I'd say something that would make Pinkie think we weren't getting along."

"Pinkie's worrying about Maud not having any friends," Springer added, "And you know Pinkie. She can worry about something worse than Twilight sometimes."

The alicorn glared at the jakhowl before looking back at Starlight, "Maybe you should talk to Pinkie and ask for some space."

"I don't think this'll be that simple."

"It's better then saying nothing and letting her make you nervous," Springer reminded her. "Just tell her you wanna spend some time alone with Maud. And if you're worried she can't help herself, get her to Pinkie Promise."

Twilight nodded at this, "He's right. Everypony's entitled to some one on one time with a friend. Pinkie'll understand this."

"And if not, maybe we can trick her into leaving you two alone." Flash laughed, "I'm sure we can think of something or somepony that needs a party."

"Flash...that's not nice."

"No, I like it." Starlight chimed in, "It beats having to force down jalapeno red velvet omelets." Everypony raised an eyebrow at this, "Don't ask. Trust me."


As it turned out, no insanity would be required from Pinkie as Springer headed back to the castle from morning patrol. And as he made his way through the market place, the jakhowl heard the door of Sugarcube Corner burst open, only to see Pinkie run out. "Wait!" She screamed as she ran for the train station.

The jakhowl followed her, only to notice she had got to the station just as a train began to pull away. "Maud!" Pinkie cried as she tried to follow the train down the tracks, her insane bursts of speeds not enough to stop it. And as she began to trot to a stop, Springer got up to her as tears formed in her eyes. "Maud..." Springer turned between her and the shrinking train in the distance.

"Maud...she left?" Pinkie nodded before turning to walk away.

Springer was about to speak up, only for Wild Smile to appear, "Hey!" he yelled, now seeing the huge frown on Pinkie's face, "Hey, what's wrong?" She didn't reply, walking past him as she went back for the town, making Wild turn to Springer. "What just happened?"

"Maud left."

This made Wild's eyes go wide, "Oh," he said with his puppets repeating, "That's too bad. I thought she and Starlight had become friends." Hearing this, Pinkie's head lifted and turned to the castle before she ran off. "Hey!"

"Pinkie!" The two raced off after her, the three quickly reaching the castle before Pinkie headed up to the bedroom level just as Flash and Heart walked into the hallway.

"Hey there," Flash waved at them. "What are you-" He didn't get to finish as Pinkie ran into them, knocking them both off their hooves as she barged into Starlight's room.

The unicorn was fast asleep in her bed, a light snore escaping her breath before Pinkie onto her bed. "Starlight, WAKE UP!"

"Kites!" Was the first thing out of Starlight's mouth as she jolted up, only to then recoil as she now saw Pinkie's super close face, leading her to accidently fall off her bed. She let out a cry as she hit the floor, now waking up as she replied, "Oh. If this is about brunch, I-I, uh..." She then climbed back into bed. "You know what? Jalapeno red velvet omelets sound gross. I-I just can't."

She tried to get under the covers at this, only then Pinkie yelled, "Maud left in the middle of the night!" This made Starlight turn to her, now seeing Pinkie sniffing.

"Oh. I guess Ghastly Gorge really does have the best rocks.

Pinkie let out a long sigh, "Why couldn't you two just be friends?" She was about to start bawling, only for Starlight to put a hoof on her head.

"Pinkie Pie, I like Maud." This caused Pinkie's tears to instantly stop.

"You do?"

"Yeah," Starlight nodded, "She's weird-"

"HEY!" Starlight suddenly found Pinkie's face right up in front of hers again, causing the unicorn to fall back again.

"No Pinkie, I mean in a good way." Starlight replied just as the males now glanced into the room, "She sees the world in a totally different way than anypony I've ever met. She accepts me for who I am. She taught me that a rock is never just a rock, and she could make anything funny. We never had to say it, but we got each other."

The others smiled at this, Pinkie now asking, "You...you really were becoming friends?!"

"I think so," Starlight responded before twiddling her hooves, "But you uh...kinda sorta...got in the way." This caused Pinkie to let out a deep gasp, the others face-hoofing at this. "Right...too harsh. Um..."

The unicorn gulped as she tried to think up what to say, only for Springer to walk into the room, "What she means is, you being around all the time was making it hard for Starlight to be herself around Maud." Pinkie turned to Starlight, who nodded back at her. "And you were so worried that them not saying anything meant they weren't having a good time, you didn't realize that's just how someponies like to spend time with one another." Again, Starlight nodded.

"So...it's my fault?" Starlight nodded one final time, making Pinkie look like she was about to start crying again. "I'm sorry. I was just...really excited about Maud living in Ponyville and getting to be with her every minute of every day."

Wild stepped up next at this, "Babe, I think that might have been why Maud left." Pinkie turned to him with wide eyes, "You might think you know Maud more than anypony, but there are some things about her that even you don't see because of who you are. You hate being alone, so you automatically think everypony else around you feels the same way. And Maud's not like that."

"Yeah," Starlight added, "I think Maud is a pony that likes to have her alone time. Not constant alone time, but just enough alone time to make her comfortable."

"Oh..." Pinkie replied, now remembering she had told Maud last night. Maud might love Pinkie Pie, but even she has her limits. "I see..."

Starlight then patted the mare's shoulder, "I'm sorry Pinkie. I should have told you Maud and I wanted some space before now. If I had, maybe Maud wouldn't have left."

But as she said this, Pinkie suddenly shot up, "No!" She hopped off the bed, her hooves slamming the floor, "I'm not letting it end this way. I'll bring Maud back and you two can continue your friendship without me butting in." She turned to the boys and her mane unleashed a tendril that wrapped around Springer's arm. "Let's go!"

"Huh?!" Springer asked before Pinkie ran past him, "What do you MEAN?!" He let out a yelp as he was pulled along, the pair disappearing down the hallway.

Starlight, Flash, Heart and Wild all stared as they saw them vanish, the boys all raising an eyebrow at this. "You think they'll be alright?" Heart chimed in.

"Springer should keep her safe," Flash responded.

Starlight sighed and shook her head, "I'm going back to bed. You three, out." She then pushed the boys out with her magic before slamming the door shut.


Getting to Ghastly Gorge wasn't difficult, as it turned out the train Pinkie had chased after earlier hadn't been the one Maud was on, meaning the real train to the place arrived sooner then they had hoped. During the trek, Pinkie had explained to Springer that she needed him to track Maud's aura, the jakhowl agreeing as he explained, "Now...I never really memorized it cuz she's so rarely in Ponyville and well..." Pinkie raised an eyebrow, "No offense, but your sister has a very boring aura."

Pinkie glared at him at this, making the next few minutes awkward before the train came to a stop. Hopping off, they ran for the gorge, "Alright Springer," Pinkie grabbed the jakhowl before straightening him out and pointing his face to the ground. "Get searching!" She started waving him around like a metal detector, Springer rolling his eyes.

"Let me go. Now" Pinkie dropped him, Springer grumbling as he dusted himself off before noticing Pinkie was now wearing a pair of headphones and holding the end of a lead that he really didn't want to guess where she was gonna stick it. "Just let me do my thing." Pinkie nodded and he kneeled down, placing a paw on the ground and closing his eyes. Sending out a pulse of aura, he scanned the entire gorge, only to find the aura of a pony almost instantly.

"Got her!" He shot off at this, Pinkie galloping after him. The pair ran through the rocks, the two racing down a small ravine before finding a recently set up camp.

"Where is she?" Pinkie asked.

"This is where I picked up her aura," Springer replied before putting his paw on the ground again. "She must have left." He was about scan the gorge again, only to hear Pinkie sniffing...and then licking the ground. "Ew."

Pinkie chewed the dirt she had licked up before smiling, "Maud tracks!" Springer raised an eyebrow at this, only to see some pony tracks that lead further into the gorge. As they did, Springer noticed the many holes covering the walls of the gorge.

"Careful Pinkie. Any one of these holes could have an eel in it." In that moment, they turned a corner and came face to face with the creature. "Like that one." Before they could turn to run off, the beast's mouth opened...and inside it was Maud. "Er…"

"Hello, Pinkie Pie." The earth pony held up an orange and green rock. "I found emerald jasper." Springer gasped before leaping into the eel's mouth and making a Bone Breaker to jam the mouth open.

Pinkie then jumped inside, quickly grabbing Maud and pushing her out of the mouth. "Are you okay, Maud?!" She asked, Springer moaning as the beast tried to shatter the bone. "That eel almost ate you!"

"What eel?" Maud asked before looking back as Springer hopped out of the mouth just as the eel shattered his energy staff.

"That eel!" He yelled before the beast let out a roar, unleashing a large amount of spit that drenched the three. "Ew." The eel then stretched out, only for Springer to make an aura guard that blocked it. But as he did this, more eels began to shoot out of the holes. "Run!"

Pinkie made a mad dash as she pulled her sister along, Maud commenting, "You didn't need to come. I'm having a great time on my own." They headed for the camp from earlier, but another eel shot out in front of them, forcing the three to take another path that lead up a ledge covered in more holes. "I even made a new friend."

"Is it a rock?" Pinkie asked, making Maud look away.

"Yes." In that moment, another eel shot out of the wall and slammed into Springer's shield. But as he was hit back, he collided with Pinkie and Maud, making both fall over the edge.

"No!" He yelped as he turned back and saw Pinkie had landed on a smaller ledge and Maud was hanging that one's edge. "GIRLS!" He then saw an eel staring at them, licking its lips. "Oh no you don't!" He roared, leaping onto the beast. "Yippee ki yay!" He yelled before the eel dove into another hole, Springer hanging onto it as it ran through the tunnels like a runaway train.

As it did this, Springer heard Pinkie speaking to Maud, "I thought I knew everything about making friends, but I didn't even know my own sister!" Springer didn't get to hear anymore as the eel once again dived. And the next time it surfaced, it shot straight up.

"WHOA!" Springer yelped as he thrown upwards, the eel about to open his mouth to eat the now falling jakhowl. That is, till Springer looked down at him, "Aura Force!" He fired a laser that struck the creature's face, making it cry out as Springer did several flips and landed on the closest wall. He skid down the side before hopping up the wall, getting back to the ledge.

"Yay!" He heard Pinkie clapping, making him turn to see she and Maud had somehow gotten down off the ledge. A ledge he now noticed was only two feet off the ground.

"You two okay?" The sisters nodded before Maud gestured for them to follow, the group heading back to Maud's campsite.

And when they got there, Pinkie's mane deflated as she said, "Maud, I thought you couldn't make a friend without my help, but it turns out you couldn't make a friend with my help. I underestimated you, and I'm sorry."

Her head slung down at this, but Maud quickly placed a hoof under her chin, "I know you did it out of love." she deadpanned, "You're my best sister friend forever." Pinkie's eyes began to fill with tears before she started bawling her eyes out.

"Oh, Maud!" She hugged her, "I love you bigger than all Equestria!" She continued sobbing while Maud placed a hoof around her back.

"And you melt my heart more easily than sodium-rich plagioclase feldspar."

Pinkie pulled back, letting out a big sniff, "I don't know what that means, but please please please please please give Ponyville another chance! But more importantly, give me another chance..." She looked away from her, "To leave you alone."

Maud thought about this for a moment, then turned to a nearby stump. "What do you think, Boulder?" The others glanced over at it, now spotting the rock next to an axe and had a wool hat on. "Alright. We'll come back." This statement caused Pinkie to smile her biggest smile to date, the pink pony pulling her sister into another hug.

As they did, Springer couldn't help but shed a tear. When the pair turned to him, he quickly wiped it. "Oh...bit of dust got in my eye from riding that eel."


Back in Ponyville, Starlight was again in the park. She was flying her favorite kite, trying to make herself forget about Maud, only to find herself thinking more about the earth pony more.

But before she could think to stop the fun activity, another kite suddenly flew up next to hers. She followed its string, only to go wide-eyed as she saw somepony she feared she wouldn't see again. "You're back!"

Maud nodded back at her, "Mm-hmm."

"For good?" She grinned.

"Mm-hmm," Maud replied again, "This doesn't mean we need to start talking about feelings, does it?"

"Heh," Starlight chuckled. "No way." The two focused back on their kites, enjoying the experience.

Then, Maud asked a simple question, "Maybe after this we could decorate my new place?"

"Totally!" Starlight told her, "Where is it?"

"Well, it's not in Ponyville. More like Ponyville-adjacent."

"What do you mean?"

"Well..."

One transition later...

Starlight now found what she meant, seeing that Maud had chosen to take up residence in the cave they had found. And with Starlight's help, a section of the area near the entrance had a gazebo set up along with some stairs leading down to the pool, where a small dock had been made to allow anypony wanting to go for a swim to enjoy themselves. Maud set up her bed under the gazebo and Starlight hung some lanterns. The two then set up some flowerbeds that could be used to cultivate crystals as the caverns went from a beautiful but barren natural construct to a place Maud could truly call home.

"It's perfect," Starlight told Maud once they were done.

In that moment, Pinkie somehow dropped down from the ceiling, "YES!" She screamed, wrapping her hooves around their necks. "My sister's totally staying in Ponyville! I mean Ponyville-adjacent!" She turned to Starlight, who was giving her a small glare, only to then see Maud doing her version of the same thing. "Sorry, sorry. I'm leaving!" She let them go and took a few steps back. "I promise. I'm not even here." She was about to leave, only to notice what Maud had on her hooves. "Ah! You're wearing the slippers!" She put her hoof in her mouth, "Er...right. Okay, now I'm really leaving. Buh-bye!" She trotted off...only to turn back around and return two seconds later. "Heh-heh...wrong way." With that, she zipped off and left the pair alone.

But the peace and quiet only lasted about five seconds.

"YAHOO!" They turned to the waterfall and saw Heart sliding down it with Ace, Rumble and Button following him. The colts all cheered as they slid over the edge and splashed into the water before surfacing and laughing. That is, till they noticed the mares staring at them. "What?"

Starlight rolled her eyes and turned to smile at Maud, "Welcome to Ponyville." Maud remained stoic for a moment, then a small smile broke on her lips. Life here was gonna be...interesting.

Author's Note:

Well, I know this probably wasn't anything special. But after so much original content, I needed something a little boring. Hope you enjoyed it still.