• Published 17th Aug 2021
  • 2,847 Views, 273 Comments

Flash Sentry, Defender of the Peace S7 - Banshee531



Flash and his friends return, trying to live their lives as peacefully as they can. But life if rarely so peaceful, as our heroes are about to find out.

  • ...
3
 273
 2,847

Ones Soul Calling

A week had passed since the events at the carnival, Flash having quickly informed the princesses of the attack and his theory that there might be more cyborg knight clones on the way. This made Twilight's anxiety sky-rocket, the defender knowing what that meant as she now believed he might do the stupid idea of leaving Ponyville to attempt to fight the monster making these machines. Thankfully, he decided to remain in Ponyville, knowing that he couldn't do it alone and that there were no leads.

This was followed by him saying this, "The only way I was able to stop those two was because somepony else helped me. Whatever this thing is that's after me, the Sacred Light isn't gonna be enough."

The statement was followed with an order that Flash was to keep his Celestic Gear on him at all times. He agreed to this easily, knowing it wouldn't change much as Celestia ordered the knights to start creating a file over these incidents. And as this happened, Flash went back to Ponyville, doing the usual patrols and working to train Fire Heart over his abilities.

As for the colt, he was now in school with his sister and all his friends. Their teacher Ms. Cheerilee had just announced that their lessons came to a close for the day, "Alright children, before we go, I have an assignment for you each over the weekend." This was met that a bunch of groans, Cheerilee rolling her eyes. "Now now, this is something special. As you know, a cutie mark has a specific meaning. So over the weekend, I want you to write a report on your cutie marks. Explain what they mean and what path you intend to take in life that best highlights those marks." She then saw some of the blank flanks staring back at the mark-less rumps, "I understand that many of you don't have cutie marks yet, but I'd still like to see what you write about what kind of cutie mark you think you'll have, and what you'd like to do with it." This made them nod back as the bell rang. "We'll then read them out on Monday. Until then, have a nice weekend."

With that, the students began gather their things and file out of the classroom, all instantly talking about their assignment. "What does your cutie mark mean?" Heart heard somepony ask, turning to see a filly talking to Snails. The pony looked back at his flank with a frown.

"Um...I don't know," he replied.

"You must have some idea what it means," Sweetie replied, "What were you doing when it showed up?"

Snails shrugged at this, "I don't know." Sweetie sighed at this, she and the rest of the crusaders turning to one another and nodding. It appeared they had found their next client.

"Well you three clearly know what you're gonna write about," Silver Spoon told the crusaders before turning to Diamond Tiara. "Wish we knew what we were gonna do with our marks when we grow up."

Diamond shined a grin at this, "I already know what I'm gonna do."

"Really?" Soul asked, "What?"

Diamond turned to her and smirked, "You should know, you're the one who gave me the idea. I'm gonna be mayor of the town!" Soul's eyes went wide as she remembered suggesting that when she and Diamond first met.

"Oh yeah!" Spoon clapped her hooves at this, "And I said I was gonna be your deputy mayor."

The girls laughed at this, as Rumble, Heart and Button walked past them, "Lucky," Rumble grumbled, "I wish I could get my cutie mark already." He turned to Button and Heart, "What are you two gonna do?"

"Play video games," Button instantly responded.

"How is that a career?" Heart asked, Button shrugging as he said he'd find a way. "You might wanna try and find another way of making a living with that cutie mark."

Button rolled his eyes at this, "Easy for you to say. You've been going on and on about becoming a Royal Knight since the day we met."

Rumble nodded as Heart smirked, rubbing under his nose, "I can't help that I'm so awesome. I found my calling before I even knew I wanted to be one." His eyes went wide at this, "Oh yeah, I gotta get to the castle!" He spread his wings, "Flash said he was gonna teach me a new grappling hold today. See ya!" With that, he shot up and rocketed toward the castle.

Soul giggled at her brother, before glancing back at her own cutie mark. The pink lines that made up the flower symbol stared back at her, as the others ponies around her continued to talk about their marks. "Soul?" She turned to Diamond, "You okay?"

"Yeah..." she slowly replied as she took another look at the mark. "I'm just...not sure what I'm gonna write about."

"What do you mean?" Spoon asked, "It's obvious what your destiny is." Soul raised an eyebrow at her, "You're gonna be a princess! You're an alicorn after all."

Soul shook her head at this, "Just because I got turned into an alicorn, doesn't mean I'm gonna be a princess one day." She looked up at her horn, "I can barely use this thing half the time."

"That's just because you're still learning," Sweetie told her, "Just wait. Give it a few years and you'll have that magic thing down."

"Maybe..." Soul sighed, "But I don't even know if I wanna be a princess. I mean, what kind of princess would I be?" The ponies all remained quiet at this, Soul nodding. "Exactly. Now, if you excuse me, I've got a lesson with Twilight as well." With that, she spread her wings and flew off for the castle as well.

And as she disappeared into the distance, her friends all frowned at the sight. As for the filly, she let another sigh as her eyes drifted up to the horn that had been forced upon her, "Why couldn't Faust have turned me back to a pegasus after she was done with me? It couldn't have been that hard." As she said this, memories of when her magic went out of control came to mind, making her shake her head, "Why do I have this?"

It was here that she arrived at the castle, landing as she saw Twilight and Starlight at the front door, the pair glancing back as she walked up, "Hello Soul, did you have a good day at school?"

"It was alright," she replied, "What are you two working on?"

"We're adding a magical doorbell." Soul raised an eyebrow at this, only to notice a bit of rune magic the pair were writing into the wood.

"Why do you need a magical doorbell?" She asked, Twilight replying by holding up a book. "A book?"

"I special ordered it, but then I had to go all the way to the post office to pick it up because I missed the delivery. Turns out, Derpy waited at the front door for five minutes while I was in the kitchen. She knocked, but I couldn't hear her, so that's why I've decided to add a magic doorbell."

Starlight nodded in agreement. "It's simple. Whenever the door gets hit in rapid succession, it sends out a magic signal to runes we've placed in every room of the castle. Those runes then scan the room and if it detects a life sign, it creates a sound. Wanna try?" Soul nodded and flew onto a balcony that lead to a hallway on the second floor. A few moments later, she suddenly heard a ringing sound that was like church bells.

"Cool," she commented before flying back outside, "That's awesome."

Twilight giggled at this, "Now we'll never miss a delivery again. Sure beats hiring a door pow...pow..." Twilight's face scrunched up suddenly, confusing her students until she let out a mighty sneeze.

"Gesundheit," Starlight told Twilight as she rubbed her nose.

"Sorry about that," she replied, "Anyways, we'll need to test all the runes to make sure they're-" She stopped and took several deep breaths before sneezing again.

"Are you alright?" Soul asked, Twilight nodding.

"I'm fine. Must be something out here that I'm having a reaction to."

"Maybe you're coming down with something," Starlight added.

"I'm fine," she responded before they started testing all the rune bells. But as they did this, Twilight kept sneezing all throughout the day. And as night took over the day, she went to bed hoping that she could sleep off whatever was making her sneeze up a storm.


The next morning...

With it being the weekend, most ponies in Ponyville were sleeping in, including Heart, Soul, Scootaloo, Ace and Mira, the five getting another hour of sleep before waking up and getting their breakfast. And as they ate their cereal, Soul was staring at a blank sheet of paper that she was supposed to write on about her future plans involving her cutie mark.

"Still can't think of anything?" Scootaloo asked before shoveling a spoonful of cereal into her mouth. Soul let out a groan as she magically pushed her bowl away and slammed her head into the table. "I know figuring out your destiny can be hard, but-"

"But what if it isn't that?!" Soul interrupted while raising her head. "What if it's the fact that my destiny has already been completed?!" Scootaloo tilted her head at this as Soul continued, "I mean, I got my mark when Faust turned me into an alicorn, and she made me an alicorn to act as her voice during the war. But now that that's done, what if it means my destiny has come to an end?!"

"That's silly," Mira chimed in, "There's no way you can have such a quick destiny."

"She's right," Heart nodded, "Sure, you might have become an alicorn for that reason. But I don't think Faust would have done that if she didn't think you could do something amazing with the power she gave you. You just gotta figure out what it is."

"Yeah!" Ace raised his paw, "Heck, you're really good at art. Maybe you can become an artist." He pointed at her cutie mark, "Maybe make some kind of image made of lines like that."

Soul turned to the mark, only to shake her head, "No. I like art...but I don't think that's it."

The others frowned at this, Mira then patting her on the back, "Don't worry. We'll help you find out what you're meant to do. And I bet it'll be something-"

"ACHOO!" The five jumped and spun around, now seeing Twilight in a dressing gown and carrying a bunch of tissues in her magic. She blew her nose before throwing it into the bin. "Morning..."

"Morning," they all replied as she moved over to the table, the others trying to scoot away as she sat down.

"You okay?" Mira asked next.

"You look even worse then you did yesterday," Ace added before getting flicked in the ear. "Ow!" He turned to glare at Mira.

"I think I've come down with something," Twilight sighed. "I just need...lots of fluids. Flash already sent Spike and Starlight to Zecora. Hopefully she'll have something to help with this." She then let out another sneeze, the group ducking under the table to escape the fire. After this, the others raised their heads before pushing the remains of their food away in case it got hit. "Sorry."

In that moment, the door opened as Flash and Springer appeared, "Morning." Flash commented before noticing Twilight, "Seriously?! I told you to stay in bed!"

"But I've got things to do today," Twilight replied, "I've got a meeting with Mayor Mare today, I'm helping Pinkie with her baking, and Rarity wanted to test out a new style of dress on somepony with my coat color."

"You can't do any of that with the fever you have," Flash sighed before placing his hoof on her forehead. "Geez, you're burning up."

"I'm sure I'll be fine once Spike and Starlight return from Zecora's." As she said that, the doors to the dinning room opened again as the mystic dragon and unicorn appeared.

"We're back," Spike replied as Starlight held a bottle of pink liquid in her magic. "And Zecora said this should fix Twilight right up." The alicorn grabbed the bottle and began to gulp it right down, the group watching her to see if it magically made her cold vanish.

And after a few seconds, she smiled. "Hey, I feel much-ah...ah...ah!"

"Duck and cover!" Ace yelped before everypony jumped down, Twilight now unleashing a supercharged sneeze that even caused her horn to fire a blast of magic. The beam flew around and struck some of the room's potted plants, turning them into a trumpet, jack in the box and a lamp.

Once she was done, she sniffed before rubbing her nose, "Sorry."

The others stood up and Flash pointed to the ceiling with his wing. "Bed. Now." Twilight sighed before doing what she was told, Flash going with her.

"Somepony's gonna have to cancel my appointments."

"I'll go," Soul spoke up, the defender turning to her, "You should probably keep an eye on her. I've got nothing planned today, so I'll tell the mayor and the others Twilight can't make it."

Flash nodded and Soul went to leave, Mira running after her. "I wanna go! Beats staying here and catching whatever Twilight has."

The pair left the room as Flash turned to Spike, "Maybe Zecora's remedy will work with time," the dragon suggested before snapping his claws. "I'll make her some soup."

Flash was about to reply, only to hear another voice cry out, "Achoo!" They turned to see a sniffing pony, Starlight. "Oh, excuse me." She then saw the two raise an eyebrow, "What?" Flash pointed at the ceiling again, Starlight grimacing at this before teleporting away.

"That better had been a normal sneeze." Flash grumbled, "But knowing my luck..."


Soul and Mira soon arrived at town hall, quickly getting an audience with Mayor Mare. "Thank you for coming to tell me girls," the earth pony said before sighing, "Looks like I'll have to put off reorganizing the files until the princess is better."

"What if Mira and I help?" Mira went wide-eyed at this as Mayor Mare raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know. This is a rather...complicated system."

Soul waved her hoof at this, "Oh please, I live with Twilight. I've seen her reorganize the library a hundred times. If I can follow that, I'm pretty sure I can handle helping with this."

The mayor frowned at her, only to do a small nod, "Very well. I guess your magic would make the process easier. Come along."

She trotted off, the two following her as Mira whispered to Soul, "What are you doing?!"

"I'm trying to see if I can do what Twilight does," Soul replied, "If I'm supposed to be a princess someday, then I should see what I'd be expected to do as a princess. Filing and organizing seems to be a big part of the job."

"Here we are," Mayor Mare stated as they walked into the doorway. "I warn you, these files haven't been sorted in a while."

Before Soul could say no problem, she opened the door and the two saw the size of the problem they were dealing with. Piles upon piles of differently colored files were scattered everywhere, each pile having a larger one located behind it. The pair's eyes went wide at this, "Alright girls, let's get to work. First, we need to sort each file into their own colors, then sort them alphabetically before putting the differently colored piles into where they're located on the color spectrum. Then it's just a matter of filing them into the correct cabinets."

The girls gulped before Soul asked, "Anything else?"

"Just be careful not to get a paper-cut." Mira turned to glare at Soul, the filly shrugging before the three got to work. But as they did this, an aid walked by the door before letting out a sneeze.


Back at the castle, Flash was feeding Twilight the soup Spike had made while the dragon was now waiting on Starlight.

"What do you mean she's already as bad as I am?!" Twilight yelped before Flash shoved the spoon in her mouth, the alicorn gulping the soup down before continuing, "I was sneezing for a whole day before it got worse!"

"I don't know. Maybe cuz you're an alicorn?" Flash replied before getting anther spoon full.

"I...guess." Twilight mumbled as she began to get up, "I should try and research what we have on-"

"No." Flash responded while pushing her back down with his wings, "You need rest." As he said that, Twilight let out a sneeze, Flash side-stepping to dodge the also magic beam that came after the sneeze.

"Sorry," she sniffed before letting out a moan and laying back down. "I don't feel good..."

"I know." Flash sighed, putting the soup on the nearby dresser, "I need to talk to Zecora."


Soul and Mira let out a moan as they made their way for Sugarcube Corner, Mira letting out a moan, "So many paper-cuts..." She began to rub her arm, "I can't believe I lost to a filing cabinet." She turned to Soul as they arrived at the building. "You owe me a seriously tasty treat after putting me through that!"

"I'm sorry," Soul replied, "It's over, so let's just put it behind us and agree to never volunteer for something like it again." Mira nodded as they walked in, now seeing Pinkie, Rainbow and Fluttershy.

"Hey girls," Pinkie cheered, "What can I getcha?"

"Whatever it is, put it on Soul's tab." The alicorn filly rolled her eyes as they jumped onto some stools.

"We came to tell you Twilight's not feeling well, so won't be able to help in the kitchen today."

"Oh dear," Fluttershy gasped, "I hope she's alright."

"Maybe I should make her something to help her feel better," Pinkie added as Rainbow raised an eyebrow.

"How could a cake or muffin or whatever make somepony feel better?"

Pinkie giggled as she pulled out a bunch of baking supplies, "It's all about how much love and care you put into the cake." With that, she started mixing the ingredient into the bowl, Soul and Mira glancing at each other before looking at the restaurant's menu.

But before Soul could choose, she suddenly heard something, "Ah..." she turned to see Fluttershy about to sneeze, "Ah...ah...AHHH!" They all braced themselves, "Achoo."

The group turned to her as she sniffed, Pinkie chuckling, "Faust bless you."

She held up a box of tissues, Fluttershy taking it and blowing her nose, "Thank you Pinkie. Oh, I hope I haven't caught what Twilight has."

"You probably shouldn't go big for a while then. That and...ah...ah..." Rainbow added, only to take a deep breath as Pinkie pulled her precious cake batter out of firing range. "ACHOO!" She yelped as she sneezed, knocking her back and hitting the nearby wall, "Ow..." Soul got down as she saw Rainbow had hurt her hoof at this.

Soul quickly ran into the back kitchen and grabbed a wet towel before walking over to wipe the bruise she got from the blow. "Thanks," Rainbow moaned, "You know, you're pretty good at this." Soul smiled back as Pinkie gave her a band-aid, which she easily applied to Rainbow's hoof.


Back at the castle...

Flash had now went into Starlight's room, now seeing she was as bad as Twilight. "She's got a serious fever and her sneezes are only getting worse," Spike told him, "What do we do?"

The defender was about to reply, only for Springer and Ace to appear with grocery bags in paw. "We got the ingredient you need for the soup."

"How much do you plan to make?" Ace added as he dropped the bag on the floor with an extra loud thud, "This looks like it could feed a whole army."

"We need as much as we can to get them back to normal," Spike replied, "Now who wants to help me-ah," he stopped as he started taking large breaths. "Ah...ah...ACHOO!" He sneezed, causing him to unleashed a blast of fire that everyone backpedaled from, "Oh no..."

"BED!" The three yelled, Spike turning to head for his room.

"This isn't good," Flash told the jakhowls. "It looks like any creature can catch it, not just ponies."

"Does that mean we could be infected?" Ace asked while pointing at himself.

"Maybe," Springer responded, "Which means Mira, Soul, Heart and Scootaloo could get it."

"Oh no," Flash gulped. "They all left the castle, meaning they could be infecting other ponies right at this moment." He pointed at Springer, "Connect to them, now!"

Springer nodded and put his paws on his head.


"Thank you for telling me this girls," Rarity told Soul as she put away the material for her new dress. "A shame I'll have to wait another day to try the style out, but Twilight needs to focus on her health."

"Maybe you can use this spare time to come up with some new designs," Lightning suggested from behind the counter while turning a page in a book, "Or maybe Soul could help you."

Rarity and Soul exchanged glances, Soul's ears dropping at this as she saw a shine go off in Rarity's eyes. That is, till she and Mira suddenly felt a voice appear in their heads.

"Soul, Mira, Heart and Scootaloo."

"Springer?" Soul asked, "!hat's up?"

"You all need to get back to the castle. There's a chance you've caught the same cold Twilight has. Spike has it now, so that means Mira could get it. Get back here to be safe."

Soul nodded and told Rarity this, only to go wide-eyed. "Wait..." she turned to Mira, "Didn't Fluttershy and Rainbow start sneezing?"

As she said that, Lightning suddenly let out a sneeze, making them all turn to him as he rubbed his nose, "What?" He asked, now seeing the filly frowning at him.


Springer sent out a message to everypony that came in close contact with the four that had left the castle, then sent out another message to everypony that came in contact with those ponies.

By the end of it, a quarter of the town was summoned to the castle. "I'm sorry everypony," Flash told them as he stood on the steps overlooking the ponies in the castle's entryway. "I'm afraid you might have caught an...illness." This made everypony gasp, about to start screaming before Flash spread his wings and use his Sacred Light to make them glow, making them all stare back at him. "I know. I know. But so far, this illness doesn't seem to be at all dangerous. I just want to isolate it until we're sure."

As he said that, the castle doors opened and a bunch of doctors marched in. "We're here," the lead physician chimed in, Flash now seeing him carrying multiple boxes in his magic, "And we brought the masks."

"Good. Give them to everypony." He turned to the lead doctor, "Can you come take a look at the others and see if you know what this is?" The doctor nodded and the two marched up to Twilight's room while the other doctors started giving masks out.

"Ugh..." Rarity sighed as she stared at the mask, "How dreadfully plain."

"Live with it," Rainbow put her mask on. "It beats getting sick."

"But aren't we already sick?" Pinkie asked, putting her mask on. "We've already started sneezing."

"Achoo," They turned to Fluttershy as she rubbed her nose. "Sorry."

Soul and Mira, both wearing a mask, walked up to them. "I don't get it. I haven't sneezed once." Mira commented as she turned to Soul, "You?" Soul shook her head, "Then how did we have infect the others if we don't got it?"

"Lack of symptoms, you may see." Everypony turned to see a mask wearing Zecora. "But don't allow it to make you carefree. While your body may possess a disease-proof barrier, you may still be acting as an infectious carrier."

"Meaning?" Mira asked as Springer walked up.

"It means that just because you don't look like you have the illness, you might still carry it and could pass it on." As he said that, Flash and the doctor appeared, "How are they?"

"Not good," Flash replied, "Their fevers are still rising and they're starting to cough."

"Did you figure out what they have?" Ace asked the doctor, who shook his head.

"No, I've never seen anything like this. There are a bunch of different things it could be, but none I can think of that could withstand the remedy Zecora gave her." He turned to the zebra, "We should compare notes and figure out what we're dealing with." Zecora nodded and the two headed through the mass of sneezing ponies.

"Maybe we should send a message to Celestia," Springer chimed in, "Let her know we might have a pandemic on our hooves."

"Yeah...we'll have to find a way to send it without using Spike though." Flash replied as they headed inside. As they did this, more and more ponies started sneezing. The doctors and nurses did their best to figure out what they had, but as more time went on, they found themselves running into more dead ends diagnosis wise.

And as the hours passed, two things started happening. Several ponies started getting high fevers and coughing violently while new ponies arrived after they started sneezing heavily. By the end of the day, the castle of friendship was packed with two thirds of the town's population. This included the entire Apple Family, Grand, Iron, Wild Smile, Rogue, the Cakes, Ms. Cheerilee and everypony in her class. They all showed signs of this illness, with even Springer, Heart and Ace coming down with it.

"Here you go," Soul filled a bowl Mira was holding with soup before the jakhowl gave it to Twist.

"Thanks," the filly replied before the pair moved over to the next pony, with was Diamond and Silver Spoon, Soul frowning at the sight of her friends.

"You okay?" She asked the two, who nodded as they accepted their bowls.

"Daddy's looking into hiring more doctors," Diamond moaned before staring at the two. "How come you're not sick?"

Soul shrugged, suggesting she was just naturally immune. "If that's the case, shouldn't he be immune too?" Spoon pointed at Fire Heart and Ace, both sitting back to back and sneezing.

"I don't know," Soul replied, "I'm not a doctor."

As this happened, the lead physician walked up to her with Flash. "Excuse me," he told the pair. "I was wondering if maybe we could talk." Soul and Mira turned to him, "It seems amazing that the pair of you have had unequaled exposure to so many infected ponies and not show any signs of infection yourselves."

"Zecora said we could still be carriers," Soul responded.

"That is possible," the doctor told her while scratching his chin, "But I'd like to test of be sure. It's possible you two have an immunity that we could use to synthesis a vaccine."

"We do? But what about Flash? He's been around them just as long and-"

"ACHOO!" A snapping sound filled the air, making them turn to see Flash's mask fly off as he began rubbing his nose, "Sorry."

Soul sighed and shook her head, "Nevermind. What do you need?"

The doctor grimaced at this, "I need a blood sample. From both of you." Mira's eyes went wide, only for Soul to hold out a hoof.

"Alright. Drain away." The doctor raised an eyebrow at this, wondering why the filly wasn't panicking, but instead moved them to the dinning room. They and Zecora had set up a temporary base of operations there, medical equipment everywhere inside. This included a blood pumping station, which they hooked the two young girls up too. Mira squirmed a bit, not liking the idea of losing blood, but had agreed to help them find a cure. But that didn't stop her from looking away when the liquid was extracted while Soul stared at how it was done, intrigue in her eyes.

And as the blood was taken, the doctor gave them a nod, "Thank you. Now we can compare your blood to the samples we took from the infected to try and figure out what seems to be protecting you."

"Just don't go making it a waste and end up getting sick," Flash joked as the nurse gave both a cookie. The girls nodded and left the dinning room, both now seeing the many ponies laying around the room, all sneezing and hacking every second.

"I hope they find something," Mira muttered.

"Let's help 'em out till then." Soul added as they started to help out again. And over the next few hours, the ponies grew sicker and sicker, with Zecora and the doctors starting to sneezing despite the masks and constantly sanitizing themselves. But that didn't stop them from working late into the night, trying to find a way to combat this unusual disease.


The next morning...

When Soul woke up that morning, she still felt completely fine. But she knew she was alone in this. Heading into Flash and Twilight's room, she and Mira found the pair laying on their bed, both looking absolutely terrible. Flash had a serious fever and Twilight was babbling in her sleep.

"Hold on..." Soul told them before putting wet cloths on their heads. "We'll...we'll find a way to get rid of this." But when they left the bedroom and headed downstairs, Mira asked a simple question.

"How?"

Soul gulped, especially when they arrived at the bottom and found many ponies on the floor looking just as bad as Flash and Twilight. "I...I don't know. But we need to do something." She looked up at the sky, sighing, "Would it be too much to ask for a little help?"

As soon as she said that, the doors of the castle were flung open. Everypony turned to them and now saw Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, the pair marching in while being followed by a horde of ponies dressed as doctors.

Celestia took one glance at the room and frowned, "This is worse then we thought."

"Princess!" Soul gasped, flying over to them. "What are you doing here?!"

"Nopony responded to the letter we sent back," Celestia replied, "I feared things had gotten so bad that you couldn't."

Soul and Mira exchanged glances at this, Mira running off to Spike's room as Soul turned back to he princesses, "You shouldn't be here. If you get sick-"

"Don't worry," Luna interrupted, "We've taken every precaution." Her horn glowed and a blue dome of magic appeared around her, "Magic Heath Bubble. Will keep away any infectious diseases." She gestured to all the ponies they brought, "We all have one, so we shouldn't be infected."

"Now we can focus on curing everypony here," Celestia added, "Luckily, I was able to call upon the services of Equestria's best medical expert to help us."

Soul's eyes went wide at hearing this, "You mean First Aid-"

"Is here!" She turned to the door and saw the Healing Knight, standing there beside Heather Bloom. The pair glanced around, frowning at the sight, "This does appear to be quite a powerful illness." He moved over to the nearest pony, who sneezed right at him. Luckily, his own health bubble protected him as he stared the pony over. "What do we know about is so far?"

Soul put a hoof to her chin, "Um...it starts with the pony sneezing, then they get a fever and they start coughing. Twilight's started babbling in her sleep, but I don't know if that's part of it."

"Anything else we should know?" Heather added.

"Well, Mira and I seem to be the only ones that are immune. The doctor took some of our blood...but they all got sick. I don't know how far they got."

"I should go take a look at their findings." First replied, Soul telling him to go to the dinning room right as Mira showed up holding a very damp piece of scroll with Celestia's seal on it. The alicorn took it in her magic, both grimacing at the sight of the scroll before Celestia burned it with her magic.

They then headed to the dinning room, finding First talking to the very feverish doctors. He said something to the knight and this seemed to make First frown, then moving over to the table. "What did he say?" Celestia asked as they sat down with him.

"He said he was able to isolate the virus. It appears that Soul does have it," the filly's eyes went wide hearing this. "But that is not all he said." He pushed a bunch of petri dishes toward them, the group seeing different names on the top of them. "These are some of the blood samples they took from Soul and several others. A sample of the virus can be found in each one. Now watch." He sparked his horn and the dishes all glowed. "Now this spell is designed to highlight the length of time a sample has been infected by a particular virus. That way, we know who patient zero is and how best to handle the situation. And according to the doctor, they preformed this test and got...interesting results."

"What are you trying to say?" Celestia asked.

"Just watch," First replied before activating the spell. They all stared at the dishes and saw the blood samples beginning to change color. "If a sample turns white, it means it's not infected. But it changes from white to grey to black with time. The darker the sample, the longer a pony's had it."

They all watched as many of the blood samples turned different shades of light grey, indicating the disease was fairly new to the sample. But one or two were darker then the others, Twilight's sample being one of these. However, one particular dish caught all their attentions. This one was a black as night, the blood looking more like oil than anything else, this blood belonging to the pony that started this epidemic.

The group's eyes went down to the name on the dish's lid, with one particular pony's heart stopping at the sight of t. "No..." Soul whispered, falling over as she saw her own name staring back at her. "I'm the one that started this?!"

Mira went over to comfort her as Celestia turned back to First, "How long has she been infected?"

First shrugged his shoulders, "Hard to say. The test only has a limit of a month. Since the sample is at this level of darkness, it's safe to say she has had it longer than that. The doctors believe that the virus has been laying dormant within her a long time, something I am at liberty to agree with. It is likely she has held it for years, with it only growing into activation recently."

Hearing him say this, Soul's ears perked up and she turned to Celestia. "The plague?"

"Plague? What plague?" Mira asked, Celestia and First now going wide-eyed at this.

"The one that wiped out the Lost City of Faust's population all those years ago," Celestia whispered, "The reason the city was quarantined and we were all suspended in time until it died out."

"But it didn't die out," Soul began to cry. "It's been living inside me and now I've brought it to Equestria!" Her mind went back to what Faust had told Flash about the plague and how it had no cure, causing her tears to increase. "I...I killed us all! Everypony's gonna die and it's all my fault!"

This made them all exchange glances before Celestia leaned down and put her hoof on her shoulder, "No." Soul looked back up at her, now seeing a warm smile on Celestia's face as she shook her head, "It is not your fault. You may have carried the disease, but that doesn't mean this is your fault. Would you blame your brother if he was the one that spread it?"

Soul blinked at her, her tears slightly falling out, "I...I guess not."

Celestia nodded, "Remember that. We all know you'd never wish harm on another, whether it be to a friend or a foe. This isn't your fault. It's just an unfortunate event that has occurred. We can't change that. But we can make sure what happened in the lost city doesn't happen now. We know what this plague can do, and we're going to stop it."

"She is right," First added, "And if anything, it is a good thing you are the one that was carrying it." The females turned to him, "If it had been Luna or Celestia that carried it, they might have spread it to their subjects a thousand years ago."

"And there'd have been no way to cure it," Celestia finished, First nodding as he put the petri dishes away. "But wait, I thought this plague only targeted older ponies. How come ponies like Heart and the others have it?"

First stopped at this, closing his eyes as he responded, "Well...the virus has been asleep within Soul for two thousand years. Plenty of time to mutate, even within the stasis spell she was in. Perhaps the disease can now target anypony and anything." He turned back to them as held out a bunch medical equipment, "But that does not mean it can survive against me." He spun one of the instruments around before getting to work, the others leaving him to do his job.

Back in the foyer, Heather, Luna and the doctors were working to make sure the sick ponies were comfortable. As they did this, Celestia headed for the doorway. "Sister? Where are you going?" She didn't reply and instead walked outside, her horn glowing before firing a blast of magic into the air.

Everypony stared at the window and saw the spell shoot into the sky before exploding. The magic spread out and started forming a dome around the entire town, sealing everything and everypony inside. "Quarantine bubble," Celestia replied as she glanced back at the ponies. "If we're to make sure this doesn't spread, we need to lock every infected pony inside until the situation is resolved."

The ponies all nodded, not liking the idea of being locked inside, but understood. That is, except Soul as she stared out at the dome, thinking one thing. History was repeating itself. "Please let this turn out differently..."

And so, the ponies began to get to work, First doing everything he could to find an antidote to the virus while Heather, the princesses and their doctors made the infected feel more comfortable. Several doctors had gone out to check around town, trying to find if anypony else wasn't afflicted. But to everypony's shock and horror, they returned to state that every house was filled with infected ponies, all sneezing, fevers and starting to babble. It turned out the ponies that had stayed home had all woken up with fevers, appearing to have slept through the start of this plague.

"But why?" Soul asked as she and Mira helped Heather make more soup, "Why are we immune?"

"I don't know." Heather replied, "There could be a million reasons." She turned to Soul, "You've been infected with it for so long that you must have built up a resistance."

"And what about Mira?" She asked before lifting the chopped vegetables into the air above the boiling pot. "What makes her immune?"

"Not sure. Genetics. Natural vaccination. There could be a whole bunch of reasons the virus hasn't-"

"ACHOO!" The sound of shattering pottery made them turn to see Mira, who had dropped a bowl after sneezing. She rubbed her nose at this, only to see frowns on their faces, "What?"


"She's starting to show symptoms?!" Celestia asked as they lead Mira into the foyer, the alicorn placing a hoof on her head and feeling it already starting to warm up.

"I guess her immune system could only hold the virus off for a little while longer," First commented before Mira sneezed at them, the health bubble blocking it. "This is not good."

Heather lead the golden jakhowl up to her room, as Soul slumped over, "Now I'm the only one immune to this thing!" She cried, "It's hopeless! Nothing's gonna stop this thing!"

"I have not given up yet," First replied as he walked up and patted her shoulder, "If there is a way to cure this disease, then I will find it."

"Well you'd better hurry," Luna added, "Who knows how much longer we have until ponies start..." She turned back to the ponies around them, "You know."

The others all grimaced at this, knowing what she meant. And when she suggested this, when Celestia brought Flash and Twilight some soup, the princess of friendship started letting out moans of pain. Her entire body was starting to hurt, beginning as simple joint and muscle pain before increasing to full body agony. And she wasn't the only one.

All over the castle, ponies began to fall into agony. It struck at different rates for each pony, some taking several hours to hit horrible levels while others reached it in only a couple of minutes. The young ponies began to cry while the adults did almost the same, while others their best to endure it.

"Here," Heather said as she tried to feed Iron Core a green colored tea. "Hopefully, this should dull the pain."

"What is it?" He asked, staring at the liquid.

"Best left a mystery. Just drink it." Iron shook his head and pushed it away before gesturing to a nearby filly.

"Them first. I can hold on until last." Heather sighed and nodded before moving over to feed it to the filly. The other doctors were giving out this herbal remedy, none knowing if it could actually work against the virus. And as they did this, Soul was standing on the stairs, staring at the ponies she was causing to suffer. Despite what Celestia had said, shame still welled up inside of her at the sight.

At this moment, Celestia and Luna were talking to First, "Please tell me you found something," Celestia said, "Ponies are starting to suffer, and there's no telling when pain will be replaced with something more deadly."

"And even if they don't die," Luna continued, "Suffering through that much constant agony could have a serious affect on their mental states."

"I understand that," First replied as he finished mixing several ingredients into a beaker, now heating it, "Alright. From what I have seen, this should be able to fight against the virus." He took the beaker off the heat and used his magic to lift up a large bubble. The magic began to affect the concoction, turning it from icy blue to a strange green color. He then took out a syringe and stuck it into the bubble before pulling on the plunger and sucking it inside.

"Alright," he turned to the princess, "I am ready for a trial run. All I need is a pony to inject."

The ponies shared a glance, knowing who the best pony for the job was.


"Yes," Twilight croaked, "You can test it on me."

"Are you sure?" First asked, "There is no guarantee it will work. And its side effects-"

"I know," Twilight flinched, "But it makes sense. I'm the pony who's most far along the infection scale. If this works on me, it'll work-" She stopped as she flinched again, "It'll work on everypony else." First nodded and held up the syringe, placing it on her shoulder and injected it.

"Now what?" Luna asked as First wiped the spot he had stabbed with a cotton swab.

"Now...we wait." He headed out of the room, planning to make some more serum for it the test on Twilight was successful. But as he stepped into the hallway and closed the door, he suddenly felt a sensation in his nose before letting out a sneeze. The room was filled with the explosive sound, the pony rubbing his nose before remembering Soul telling him how this all started. "What?" He asked, staring at his hoof. "But...the bubble."

"ACHOO!" He yelped a second later, "Oh no." He ran down to the main foyer, only to be greeted with the sounds of multiple doctors sneezing. This included Heather, the knight almost dropping the pain remedy when she did. After her sneeze, she looked up at First and the pair shared a worried expression.

Over the next few hours, the number of sneezing doctors continued to increase. Eventually, even Celestia and Luna started sneezing, showing the disease could break through their health bubbles. Knowing what this meant, the two alicorns went outside.

"Ready?" She asked Luna, who nodded after letting out a powerful sneeze. The pair's horns glowed before they joined tips, their magic firing up into the air and hitting the bubble. This caused it to grow, changing color as Celestia commented, "There. That should stop anypony else from getting into the town and unknowingly getting infected."

Luna nodded in agreement, "And hopefully, First's cure will have worked and healed us all by the time somepony tries."

But as she said that, First went back to check on Twilight, only to find no change in her. "I do not understand. Something should have happened by now," he sighed as he checked Twilight's vitals.

"But she's not getting better," Soul told him before Twilight let out another cry of pain. "She's getting worse!" Flash then let out his own cry of pain, "Can't you give her another dose?! Maybe it'll work if you give her more!"

"That would likely poison her more than anything," First replied as he walked away from Twilight. "I am sorry. I...I don't know what else to do." As he said that, he suddenly stumbled, staggering over to the wall as he began to lose his balance.

"First!" Soul ran over to him as he wiped his head.

"Do me a favor and open a window." Soul reached up and felt his head, grimacing when she felt how warm he was. "You're burning up."

"I'll be fine." He replied, Soul gulping as she heard him use a contraction.

"You need to rest."

"I'm fine," he contracted again before trying to get up, Soul helping him down the stairs. And as they got to the foyer, they found several of the doctors and Heather had fallen to the floor with their own fevers.

"Oh no," she whispered as she First moved over to check on Heather. And as he did this, they heard some of the ponies babbling nonsensically.

"Pizza delivery!" Fluttershy cried out, "For my brain!"

"Pardon!" Rarity said before coughing. "Which way to the peppermint cabbage patch?"

Soul then turned to Celestia and Luna, both alicorns appearing to have trouble staying upright. "Come on sister," the taller one tried to help Luna stay upright. "We must...endure." But not a second later, the two fell over.

"I'm sorry," Luna whispered. "I just...don't have the strength."

Soul's eyes went wide at this, only to turn to First as he fell to the floor next to Heather. "You know what? I think I'll just take a quick nap. I'm sure I'll feel better then."

With that, he closed his eyes, Soul staggering back at the sight. More moans rang out after this, the filly scooting back into the corner of the room as she saw everypony groan in pain. "No..." she whispered, tears starting to flow out of her eyes. And as she heard another loud moan, she turned around and flew up the nearby stairs. "Please no..."

She reached Twilight and Flash's room, throwing the door open and running to their bedside, "Twilight!" She screamed, "Please help me! I don't know what to do!" Twilight didn't reply, the mare staring at the ceiling as Soul slumped down, "Please...I'm scared. I don't want to be left alone again." Tears now hit the floor, "Please....don't let anypony die because of me."

And as these words hit Twilight's ears, she turned to Soul and opened her eyes, "It's not...your fault," she whispered, reaching out and putting her hoof on the filly's head, "None of this...is your fault." Soul glanced up at her, tears flowing as Twilight added, "It's...okay."

"No, it's not!" Soul screamed, "Ponies are gonna die and there's nothing I can do! Even if it's not my fault, I don't want it to happen!" She kept crying, only to feel Twilight stroke her cheek with her hoof.

"It's okay." Twilight slowly croaked out, "We'll...find a way. I promise you. We'll find a way." As she said that, her eyes began to close, Soul watching the mare mumble out some more words.

"NO!" She grabbed her hoof and hugged it, "Please don't go!" Hatred and self-loathing raged through her body. "This isn't fair! Why is this happening to me?! Why can't I do anything?!" She opened her eyes and glared at her horn, "All this power and I can't use it to safe those I care about?!" She closed her eyes, "What good is this thing!" She hit her horn with her hooves, "No...I don't care about the power or magic! I'd give it all up! All the magic Faust gave me! Even my very life, if I could just save them." She sat on her flank, her eyes now bright red from all the crying. "Please. Somepony...anypony...help."

With that, a single tear escaped her eye. One containing all her hopes and deep desire to help now flowing down her face and over the edge of her cheek. It flew down and landed on her flank, atop her cutie mark. And as it absorbed into her fur, something happened.

The mark that had adorned her flank since the day she became an alicorn suddenly began to glow, making the filly open her eyes, "What?" She asked as she stared at her glowing mark, only to see it spread around the rest of her body, the filly now feeling something flow through her. "What the...what's happening?"

The light then went to her horn, now glowing a mixture of gold and pink, Soul just staring at the light. But as it began to shine, she felt something within her change. It was as if something began to unravel in her mind, making her turn to stare at Twilight and Flash. In that instant, something shined in her brain, instantly telling her how the disease was attacking them....and how to destroy it.

She took a deep breath, letting a stream of magic to flow through her. And as she did this, all the fear and doubt she had ever felt about her magic suddenly vanished. "I might not have wanted it," she told herself as the magic flowed, "But this is my power. It's my ally...and it'll help me however I choose. And I choose, to save you!" With that, she unleashed a bright light, the pink and gold magic flowing throughout the room.

The magic went into Flash and Twilight, surrounding them in the energy. They slowly absorbed it, their bodies starting to feel the pain dull. Their fevers instantly began to cool, their throats' irritation starting to fade. Within a minute, the pair suddenly felt completely fine, both opening their eyes at this.

Soul cut the power at this, her horn still semi-glowing as she stared at the pair. She reached up and felt their heads, smiling as they didn't feel warm anymore. "You're okay..." Soul whispered as new tears appeared.

Twilight turned to the filly, "Soul?" She asked, glancing down at herself before turning to Flash as she saw him come around. "What happened?"

"I...I healed you," Soul replied, only to suddenly fly out of the room, shooting down the hall to Spike's room. Once there, she fired the magic at Spike, the Mystic Dragon getting consumed by the magic.

"Huh?" He sat up, "I feel good." Soul smiled and flew out of the room, heading to Starlight's room, then Springer, Ace, Mira and Heart. After leaving Scootaloo's room and curing the CMC, she headed down to the castle's main foyer and stared out at all the ponies that needed her help.

And after healing eleven ponies, she found herself slowing down. The filly's horn was no longer glowing as much, the alicorn turning to the others in the foyer and seeing the ponies still in pain. As this happened, a bulb went off in her head as she flared her wings.

"Soul?" She glanced back at Diamond, "What are you doing?"

"Hopefully...saving you." With that, she flew out of the castle and into the quarantined town. She looked up to the very tip of the dome before flying up. When she got there, she saw the entire infected town and took a deep breath before closing her eyes.

"Faust, I don't know if you can hear me or not, but I need your help. I can save everypony, but I can't do it on my own. You gave me unlimited power once before. Please, give me the strength I need to stop this plague." She waited, but didn't feel any different. In fact, she could feel her power starting to weaken. "Please...I don't want to lose my new home like how I lost my old one! Please!" Silence filled the air as the magic inside her dropped to zero, the glow now gone. And as tears began to appear in her eyes again, a single spark appeared from the tip of her horn.

That spark exploded into a blast of power that covered her entire body, her eyes opening up, now glowing pure white. All over the town, anypony still able to stand was drawn to a light that flowed in through their windows. Looking outside, they saw the source, the little filly flying near the top of the quarantine dome. That light shot up and struck the magical dome, causing it to charge from blue to a gold and pink mixture.

As soon as the dome was completely transformed, it started radiating the energy throughout the entire town. Every building and inhabitant were bathed in the energy, flowing through them as it began to destroy the virus.

Second after second, they felt the pain vanishing and their strength returning. "What is this?" Rainbow asked as she stared at her hooves, "What's going on?"

First stared down at the energy pulsing off him, "Healing magic," he whispered. "The likes that I have never seen before."

The flowing energy continued for five minutes, causing the entire town to slowly be cured of the virus. And as the last deadly pathogen was consumed, Soul's magic cut. The filly's horn stopped glowing and her eyes returned to normal, making her look down and saw ponies walk out of their houses.

"I...I did it," she whispered, only for her wings to tense up. She barely had the strength to cry out before she felt gravity take her, closing her eyes just as she saw an orange blur fly up to her.

"I gotcha," she heard Flash's voice say as a pair of strong hooves wrapped around her. And then everything went black.


Her dreams were filled with nothing but happiness, Soul and her friends playing joyfully in a field. Laughing, singing, jumping around without a care in the world. It was beautiful.

But all good things must end, and she felt the dream begin to fade away as she felt her eyes start to blink open. "I think she's waking up," she heard Heart say through the darkness.

"Give her some room," Twilight added, "Let her breathe." And as Soul opened her eyes, she found herself surrounded by Twilight, Heart, Flash, Mira, Celestia and First. "Hey sleepyhead," Twilight giggled, "Welcome back to the land of the living."

Soul let out a moan as she sat up, "What...what happened?"

"You passed out," First replied, "You ended up using so much magic your that body could not handle the sudden loss and shut down. It has taken you three days to regain enough energy to wake up."

"Three days?!" Soul yelped with instant wide eyes, "Wait...what about everypony else?! Are they-"

"They're fine," Celestia interrupted, "Thanks to you, they've all made a full recovery."

Soul closed her eyes at this, sighing in relief, "It worked...thank goodness."

"And how you did that is what we'd like to talk about." Soul turned to her, "That magic you used to heal us all...where did it come from?"

"I...I don't know. It just kinda...appeared. One minute I was crying, the next minute I suddenly felt an intense flow of energy. And somehow, I knew that my magic was able to destroy the virus. I don't know why...I just knew." She raised an eyebrow at this, now seeing smiles on all their faces. "What?"

"Soul, that magic was your true magic."

"Huh?"

Celestia put a hoof on Soul's shoulder, "While an alicorn and unicorn can learn any spell with enough time and training, each one has a specific magic they naturally excel at. Usually, it's connected to their special talent. As for my calling, it is to raise and lower the sun. That is my special talent."

Twilight nodded at this, "And it seems your natural magical talent has finally awakened: Healing."

"Healing?" Soul asked before staring down at her hooves. "I'm a healer?"

"Yes," First nodded, "And one of incredible power. Your healing magic is already more powerful than anything I have ever been able to produce, and it will only grow stronger with time and training."

"I'm a healer..." she repeated, "I'm...a healer." As she said that, a sense of joy that she had never felt before in her life began to well up in her, "I'm a healer!"

"And it totally makes sense," Heart chimed in, "You've always been good with that stuff. You're always the first to rush to somepony when they get hurt, and you've never been grossed out when you see blood."

"I...guess so." she responded before turning to Celestia, "So what does this mean? Am I meant to be a doctor or something?"

"That's up to you," Celestia replied, "Your talent is healing, and it's your choice on how to use that talent. If you wish to be a doctor, then become one."

"But you could also be a vet," Twilight pointed out, "And who knows what else."

"It is possible your magic can heal anything," First added, "Pony, animal, even plant. And with how strong the magic is, you could save anything that's on the very brink of perishing."

Celestia giggled at this, "That's actually given me a rather interesting idea."

The others turned to her, "Idea for what?" Flash asked, only to see a certain smile on the alicorn's face. Her eyes then showed something that they all knew as she stared at Soul: Pride.

"I know you're still unsure about your place in Equestria, especially as an alicorn. But I believe Faust knew what she was doing when she entrusted that power within you. She knew you could use your magic for many great things. And I'm sure that as you grow older, your magic and how you decide to use it will mature along with you."

"What are you trying to say?" Soul asked back.

"I'm saying that in a few years, you'll be worthy of the title of princess."

Everypony's eyes went wide at this, with none more so than Soul's, "ME?!" she yelped, "I don't...I mean...I can't be a princess!"

"How can you be sure?" Celestia replied, "It's not like I'm planning to make you one tomorrow. I'm talking about in the future, when you're older, wiser and more confident in yourself."

"But what if I'm not worthy of it?" Soul instantly responded, "What if when I'm older I'm actually the worst choice to be a princess?!"

Celestia just shook her head at this, "Then that's okay. Not being worthy of being a princess isn't a dishonor. Maybe you'll be ready someday, and maybe you won't be. All that matters is you be the best pony you can be. And when you're ready to accept the title of princess, we'll be there to help you."

Twilight and the others all nodded in agreement, Soul grimacing at the idea. But as she did this, she saw the smiles on everypony's faces, making her sigh, "Um...okay. But not until I'm older."

"That's fine," Celestia added, "And if you do decide to become a doctor, we can make you leaving medical school be the time to decide whether or not you're ready to be a princess."

Soul nodded back before moving her body, only for First to put a hoof on her chest, "No. You should rest."

"But I wanna see everypony," she replied, "I...I gotta see if they're alright with my own eyes." The others saw the look in her eyes as she said this, First sighing as he put her on his back and left the room.

The others followed while Twilight and Celestia stayed, Twilight turning to her former mentor, "Do you really think she's gonna be a princess?"

"You're the one who's been teaching her. What do you think?"

Twilight put a hoof to her chin in thought, "Well...I think she still has a lot to learn, but I think she'll make a great princess when she's older."

Celestia nodded back, "I think so too. And I already think I know what title would best fit her."

"Really?"

"Yes. I don't know about you, but the title of...Princess of Life, has a nice ring to it. Wouldn't you agree?"

Twilight smiled as she let the name run through her head. "Shining Soul, the Princess of Life. I like the sound of that." Celestia nodded again before they headed out, both looking forward to seeing how far Soul would be able to go now that she knew what path her life was going to take.


Soul flinched when they stepped outside, the sun blazing into her eyes. But as she blinked before rubbing her eyes, she then saw the town was now back to normal. The quarantine bubble was gone, the ponies now going about their day to day lives without a care in the world.

"It...its like it never happened."

First laughed at this, "Having a disease like that should have taken weeks to bounce back from, but thanks to your magic, everypony was up and about within a day of being healed." He glanced back at her, "You should be proud with what you did here."

As he said that, somepony turned to them and yelled, "HEY LOOK! IT'S SOUL!" The other ponies stopped and turned to them step down the castle's front stairs, only to run up and surround them.

"You...you're all alright." she whispered as she heard them all praise her, Diamond and Spoon pushing through the crowd at this.

"We're better than alright!" Diamond told her. "Your magic did more than just get rid of that illness!"

"My back hasn't felt this good in years," Granny Smith added.

"My video game wrist is completely gone," Button chimed in.

"You even healed the burnt tongue I got from the soup you gave me," Derpy laughed, Soul gasping at the statements. But as heard these things, a frown began to appear on her face.

"Everypony...I'm sorry I put you through all this." This made them all stop praising her, some about to ask what she meant as she continued, "I don't know if anypony told you, but I was the one that started this plague." Their eyes went wide at this, "I've been carrying it inside me for years. So don't thank me. It's the least I could do to make up for putting you all through it."

"Don't be silly," she heard Rainbow say as she hovered over the crowd, "Did you infect us on purpose?" Soul shook her head, "Then don't sweat it."

"She's right," Rarity added, "You didn't hurt us on purpose, but you did save us on purpose. That more than makes up for it." The others ponies all cried out in agreement, Soul gasping at the sight before Pinkie called out that they needed to party to celebrate Soul's recovery. Nopony disagreed and all headed off to enjoy the celebration, Soul smiling the whole time as it began.

The situation might have been a worrisome one, but it had also helped Soul discover what her purpose in life was. She was a healer, and possibly a future princess, who would use her magic to help Equestria no matter what. Her destiny was one she would proudly accept and would spend the rest of her life training to fulfil. The road would be long and arduous, but with all her friends beside her, she knew she could accomplish it.

Author's Note:

Well, this was certainly an interesting chapter. Yes, the disease that almost wiped out the lost city returned and Soul was the carrier. Good thing it turned out alright or the girl would have been scared for life.

What's more, we also get to see Soul discover her true purpose in life. And I think it's one that fits well with a caring individual like her. What did you think of the chapter and Soul's future title.