• Published 19th Jun 2021
  • 2,690 Views, 32 Comments

A Mother's Forgiveness - PrinceOfDarkness



In an attempt to reunite them, more of Sunset's scars are revealed.

  • ...
16
 32
 2,690
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 22 )

ok. this is sweet enough to give eyes cavities.

This was a nice little story.
You really should put a suicide tag on this, though.

Is this a completed story

Love princess momlestia so damn much great job

10867405
Because people are unoriginal in that regard.

im sorry but im not reading the sad version for what its worth i enjoyed the story

10867405
At some level, Sunset, the author, and the many of the readers accept the premise that Celestia is good and perfect, and that Sunset was evil. The source material is a kid's show with simple morality after all, so this is an easy conclusion to jump to. But if you want to explore that further...

  • Kids are dumb. Children often have distorted perceptions of things, especially when trauma is involved. Celestia was abandoning her responsibilities over young Sunset and dumping her on the street the last time they talked. If Celestia wasn't the bad guy, then it must be Sunset's fault for being so bad that even her mother and a saint couldn't help or accept her back then.
  • Friendship is mind control. In order to turn her "good", the rainbow magically and/or artificially dumped a ton of guilt, remorse, and altered perceptions on Sunset.
  • Perfectly reasonable fear and pragmatism regarding Celestia. Blaming the magically powerful #1 dictator of the land for anything is a great way to be turned to stone, sent to Tartarus, and so on. Remember, this is the princess who sent her own sister to the moon for a thousand years over a tantrum that lasted less than 5 minutes. Celestia knows many punishments that are worse than death, and has the authority to make them happen.
  • Peer pressure. Anon-a-miss really drove home to Sunset how badly her peers will treat her if she appears to be acting up in any way. If she has any hope of being accepted, she feels she has to accept blame for anything she might have done.

10868130
10867886
10868130
10867405

I wrote Sunset in this story to show how far Anon A Miss broke her.

After Anon-A-Miss caused her to fall into a depression she began to hate herself and would cut herself to try and end her life as painfully and slowly as possible. The reason? She believes she deserves to die because she brought magic unfairly to the human world, became a bully, became a demon and tried to take over her homeworld.

In those crimes or so she believes, she thinks that Celestia hates her and would want her to be dead.

I wrote a sad and dark suicide chapter to show how far Sunset truly wanted to go after the Fall Formal and Anon-A-Miss,

One thing, I loved this so much. I love Princess Momlestia being bio or adoptive mom to Sunset, just one weird thing, why is Luna a tag? She was in like 1 sentence in the story.

10868130
wow! Great breakdown. Im going to write this down. :moustache:

I like this ending a lot better. I love Hurt/Comfort stories manily. The Sad ending was pretty good too. Overall I liked the story here have a stache. :moustache:

This is inspired by an incomplete story by RedandReady45 "What happened to Sunset's family" right?

10911294
I also stumbled onto the story. The structure of chapter 1 feels extremely similar. Not that I'm complaining, you're making something original with it at least

10912047
Would you...ever maybe do an audio reading of this story?

10912850
Your this story or redandready's one?

This chapter is the most wholesome yet. :fluttershysad:

This is pretty good and I like it. I highly enjoyed the fiction.

11257820
Thank you! It means a lot!

I wrote this story only because I couldn't get the idea for it out of my head.

It was bugging me for weeks.

Login or register to comment