• Published 11th Jun 2021
  • 2,235 Views, 39 Comments

The GIRLS - Clopficsinthecomments



Never meet your heroes: you may need to overthrow them... What would happen if Equestria's greatest heroes were given enhanced super-powers by a mega-corporation? A parody of The 'BOYS' TV-Show

Comments ( 22 )

A huge shout-out to my editor AJ Aphiseeahnahdo,

How do you keep messing this up? Everyone knows my name is AJ Aphrodisiato!

Liked and faved regardless. You wrote a great story, Me Boyo. :twilightsmile:

Talk about timing I just started watching “The Boys” and this comes along, I’ll have to finish watching that so I can start reading this.

10857249
Thanks!

Is like to think you can read the story without having watched the BOYS but if you're watching it anyway, is definitely recommend finishing the series first!

10857222
Thanks bud! I rather liked this story too!

Hmm? Oh, Clops wrote a new fic.
A parody of that Boys show?
Yeah, that's neat, I gues-

incest

In my honest opinion I found this to be a little underwhelming. The clop was good (as it always is with your stories), but the structure around it was just a whole lot of... not a whole lot, if you get my meaning. There's a lot of interesting stuff set up in there and you did a great job of adapting The Boys' setting to fit Equestria, but everything outside the clop feels rushed and inconsequential and the clop scene between Twilight and Night Light seems weirdly divorced from everything else that happens.

I don't know, maybe I was just expecting too much from a blatant porn parody. But I can't help but feel a teensy bit disappointed after finishing it.

10857346
I'm sorry to hear that.

I have to say that I didn't get that feel at all from writing it nor from my prereaders, I thought I opened a lot of cool concepts in the adaptation and executed on the characterization fairly well.

Glad you enjoyed the clop, though. Sorry the rest didn't hit the mark for you. And thanks for the comment, of course!

10857545

His reaction reminds me of how the critic class reacted to my FoE story. I think there's an expectation that because this story is covering a television series, it's going to go more in-depth into each storyline instead of present an anthology built around several episodes. Could this story concept have been expanded to something 200-300 words long? Sure. Was that what you wanted to write? Nah.

There's no word requirement on fun. You wrote the story you set out to write and did present some interesting ideas. For some, there's a hangup on how far deep you decided to go and sadly there's no arguing with it. Better to leave people wanting more than disgusted with what they have, I always say!

I need to take lessons from you when it comes to blending action and dialogue. Absolute banger, this one!

10857609
Thank you!

Honestly the dialogue felt like it wrote itself, didn't have to think about it at all!

10857295
Story was pretty good. Incest is bad lolzors.

Question, who was the fifth member of the Mein 5?
I know the other 4 members
1. Celestia
2. Luna
3. Candence
4. Twilight
5. Technically it would have fallen on Flurry right of the bat, but Barrel was a candidate trying out for the spot. Meaning that there was someone else already there but was either MIA/KIA/Retired and it is now being replaced.

Surprised that Luna was not Shadowing Celestia unless you already know about that.

Are there also going to be any other supers groups besides the Mein? I know you drop some names and the candlemaker wait would you also bring in....

and thats how fallout equestria happend xD

10857852
They were retiring Cadance hence the potential opening!

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

You're very good at writing villains that I despise and want to see completely wrecked. Also that scene between Twilight and her father was fantastic. Good shit man.:heart:

and to my pre-reader Arkadios.

Gasp! It me!

I really enjoyed reading this story, both as a pre-reader and a consumer after the fact. I'll admit I actually haven't watched The Boys, but this story has me seriously considering it.

Are we going to get a S2 of The Girls?

Great stuff, can't wait for season 2

I would love a second season from you, I literally love when Celestia is a tyrant.

10858742
Oi, is there a chance of this one to continue? Would be cool, love your characters renditions

Login or register to comment