• Published 10th Jun 2021
  • 1,359 Views, 36 Comments

A New Life - rpglover



Sunset Shimmer left Equestria and living a life in the Human World, under the roof of her old mentor's counterpart.

  • ...
1
 36
 1,359

Prologue 2: A Favor

After the escape of Sunset Shimmer along with the books from the Forbidden Sector of the Library, Princess Celestia had casted an illuminating spell as she walked on through the rows of shelves. The quiet of the place was welcoming for her.

What were you after, Sunset?’ she thought to herself, examining the place for any clue of which books she might have taken.


Continuing to look for any shelves that may had recently been disturbed. Upon looking at the mass books, tombs, and scrolls she had collected over the thousand year of her reign. The sight of which churned her stomach, each containing a possibility threat to Equestria should any creature get their claw, hoof, or whatever count for hands.

She was having no luck in finding whatever Sunset might’ve taken, that was until she had reached the end of the row where the more dangerous of spells were locked away. She had thought her blood had turned to ice as she stood in place in fear at what she saw, at the end of the rusted and worn bookshelves was a singular bookshelf that was detached from all the rest, dark wood furbish with eight books on it sealed in chains. Only, there originally were nine.

Sunset, what have you done?!


The two sisters looked on at the base of their school statue where the young girl laid unconscious, before Luna had a chance to react, Celestia was already racing on down.

“Luna! Call the ambulance!” she shouted out, not bothering to check if she was. Approaching on near, pass the many items that had apparently scattered from the backpack that laid beside the girl. Bringing her into her arms, “Can you hear me?”

Silence, the child remained out cold, she checked on through for any noticeable injuries besides the one on her forehead. She brushed off the blood to get a better look at the wound and thankful that it did not look severe.


“Is she alright?” Celestia heard her sister behind her, looking over to find she was standing over her.


Getting a good look at the child, she appeared to be around nine years old with a yellow blouse shirt and red skirt, a yin-yang sun of the two tone color pattern stitched at the hem of the skirt covered by a black cloak.


“I believe so,” Celestia spoke, relieving a breath of air as she looked over the child, “she doesn’t appear to have any other wound besides the scratch on her forehead, but it is best for the ambulance to get here before we are certain of anything.”

Luna silently agreed, noticing how Celestia had already had the child being taken care of before they arrived, she went to gather the scattered items they both could only assume belonged to said child.

Four books were the noticeable of the things scattered, as the things were nearly as large as a high schooler’s history book, perhaps more so. Why is a child carrying around heavy looking books like these?

Opening one to see what she could be reading, she grabbed a book with no title on the front or side of the book, it looked as if the cover were made of a stone material with a decaying look of grey and purple. The entirety of the book’s content were written in a language she had no knowledge of.

The thing looked like chicken-scratches mixed with the Runic from O&D games.


Is this even a language? She questioned, putting the book down to grab another one. This one having more of a natural look to its design, the bound looked to be made of what appeared to be leather in a greenish hue, looking at the cover to see a depicted of a dragon embroidered on it in gold like thread.

The thread looked to had shimmer like actual gold, which Luna merely dismissed of her mind playing trick on her, opening to be just as equally confused as the book was also in a different language like the last, but in a completely new unheard of language.

The words appeared to be hieroglyphics, with drawings of mystical, magical creatures.


Luna was about ready to give up, it had only added more a mystery to the girl looking at these books written in some alienated language. The next one looked to been another leather like book with a two-toned sun on the cover.

She had looked on in the first page, figuring it was actually a journal of sort. She had started to feel guilty for about to read something private and was about to close it before a single word had caught her attention, ‘Celestia’.

Why was her sister’s name in this journal? Maybe it was just a coincidence? Either way, it was in a language she was surprisingly able to read and took a look at what was written. Maybe this book would give her some clue.

To my faithful student Sunset Shimmer;
Whenever you may need me, know that I am only a pen away.
Princess Celes-

-tia.” Luna whispered in shock, she recognized the handwriting, it was definitely her sister’s handwriting. Luna could not understand how to take this news, was her sister hiding some sort of secret life from her? She looked over to where her sister was to see she was preoccupied with the child to notice her.

“Cele-“ Luna was about to call her over before the sound of sirens cut her off, the two looked to see the flashing of red and white light as the ambulance pulled on up to the school’s parking lot.


The two sisters had split up, Celestia had agreed to join the medics to the hospital while her sister decided to stay to take care of a few things before meeting her at the hospital. Celestia didn’t bother questioning what Luna was going to do and just hopped in the back of the vehicle with the young girl as they drove off.

As Luna watched the ambulance drove off, she grabbed her cellphone and dialed a number. The thing rang for a few moment before she heard it picked up on the other side, “Hello?” a voice spoke in a dark echo.

“Hey Chrys, I was hoping you’d do me a favor.”

The voice on the receiving end gave a curious hum, “What can I do for you, Luny?”

“I need you to find whatever you can on a ‘Sunset Shimmer’.” She trust her sister, but somewhere in her gut was telling her this child was more than she appeared to be.

Author's Note:

I was not entirely impressed with a lot how this chapter may had turned out, it was shorter than I had wanted and a few point I had to rework around.

I literally created four separate word documents to experiment on how to make this chapter work without revealing too much and adding enough. I will try to get the next chapter out by Friday (If not, at least a few days afterwards.) and hopefully a good amount of excitement soon.

I at least am starting to bring in the next person who will play a few interesting parts in my story, Chrysalis! I just can't wait till Sunset wakes up, I got some good ideas for when that happens, especially when she and Chrysalis meets. >=)

Well, hope you all enjoy and remember, I welcome comments of different kinds as long as they are respectful and see you all soon in the next chapter.


I also decided to change the first chapter's title to Prologue because these are introducing Sunset into a new world and the real story starts when these Prologues are finished. (I am thinking maybe 5 Prologue chapters)