• Published 8th Jun 2021
  • 316 Views, 54 Comments

Marching Colors - MlpHero



A short fic I wrote for Pride Month about a civil war to secure Gay rights.

  • ...
36
 54
 316

Chapter 2: Marching Colors

Breaking News

Ponies all across Equestria have erupted into riots across. The many ponies have grabbed weapons and have raised rainbow colored flags in towns across Equestria. They call themselves the Marching Colors.

~~~

Merry sat around a bonfire with the other members of the Marching Colors. She’d been with them for a week or so. Her spear sat a few feet away from her, covered in mud. She felt sweat pour down her face. She’d never seen any of the “combat” yet. But that was what nervoused her. She’d never been in a fight. Not ones on the magnitude the newspaper described, at least.

She looked over to a few other ponies, most of them dressed in rainbow clothes. She managed a smile. Despite how far they’d marched, seeing the ponies and other creatures show off their sexuality made her smile. Although, it felt weird. Seeing ponies, griffons, changelings, hippogriffs, smaller dragons, yaks, zebras, all in the same place no less? It was… strange to her. The other races were nothing like she’d heard.

She looked around, wondering why they hadn’t moved yet. A few of the ponies and griffons ran past. “The royal guards are getting close!” one of them called out.

The resting creatures immediately stood, grabbing their weapons. Merry ran up as well, grabbing her spear, as well as a few small wooden shivs she’d made. They stood behind a few sandbags, most of them unorganized. They stood there, waiting. Waiting for when the crossbow bolts would start flying.

But they didn’t. The bolts never came, nor did an offensive charge by the Royal Guards. Soon, the ponies began to get nervous. Most of them had already been in combat and weren’t keen on getting back in. Merry looked around, watching the dark tree lines carefully. They were on the outskirts of a town. If anything, they would’ve seen the guards coming.

One of the ponies looked up at the pegasus who said the guards were coming. “Are you sure you saw the guards?” they called out.

The pegasus looked down, lowering his crossbow. “Yeah! I—”

The pegasus then let out a yell and fell to the ground, screaming in agony. The other Marching Colors began panicking and turned right back to the tree line, some firing their brown crossbows at the trees. Some of the other creatures had run towards the pegasus, hoping to aid them. Merry looked at the pegasus, then at the small line of creatures on the ‘frontline’, wondering who she should help.

Help The Pegasus?

Stay At The Line?