• Published 10th Jun 2021
  • 1,419 Views, 8 Comments

I Believe In You - Stupid Samuel



Sunset Shimmer thinks she has no freinds... until she meets one girl.

  • ...
1
 8
 1,419

Chapter Two

Sunset Shimmer and Fluttershy walked down the sidewalk on the way to Fluttershy’s home. Very little to no words were exchanged as they had already been walking for about 10 minutes and Sunset finally decided to break the ice.

“So, what made you wanna start taking care of animals?” Sunset asked, trying to start up a conversation, as Fluttershy lit up a bit.

“Oh! When I was a lot younger, my mom used to work at the shelter to try and help get more money to pay the bills, and one day she asked me If I wanted to come, so I did, and I connected with all the animals really well right away!” Fluttershy explained.

Sunset looked over and released how happy it made the girl to talk about this. “I never met many animals...” Sunset stated in a somewhat bland voice, rubbing a wound on her hand gently.

“Oh, well you don’t have to worry about any of them being mean, their all really sweet, trust me.” Fluttershy said with a glimmering smile as she pushed some hair out of her face.

“Why is she being so damn nice to me, it’s not fair...” Sunset thought to herself.

“Here it is.” Fluttershy stated as they walked over to a normal one-story, suburb home. Fluttershy walked a bit ahead of Sunset as she got out a pair of keys and entered the home, there were a couple of lamps left on and there was a small, cozy living room right behind the door. Fluttershy went over and sat down on a couch, taking her shoes off.

“You can come sit down, you must be worn out, right?” She said as Sunset nodded lightly and sat down next to her, keeping a fair space of distance. Sunset didn’t take her shoes off but simply sat and took a moment to stretch and re-collect herself.

Sunset sighed. “So how was the dance?” She asked Fluttershy. “You know, after I...”

“Oh um, it was nice, I didn’t dance with anyone specific, but I was still had a lot of fun with my friends.” She said with a small smile at the end. “What are you um... what are you planning on doing once we’re back in school?” She asked Sunset causing her to let out an exaggerated sigh.

“Oh god, well if Twilight was right than I guess I have some friends, but I have little faith that anyone is really gonna forgive me for this whole... thing...” She said, beginning to mumble towards the end of her sentence.

“Well, I know that they’ll be nice to you, even if their still mad, as long as you apologize for what you did.” Fluttershy responded causing Sunset to seemingly go mute. “What’s wrong? ...Was it something I said or-”

“No Fluttershy, you didn’t say anything wrong, it’s just what you’re... doing. I don’t get why you’re just, being this nice to be, you should at least not be talking to me at this point...” Sunset said while looking down and fiddling with her finger, nervous.

“Nobody deserves to be treated badly, no matter what happened, I know that everyone, will forgive you at some point, you can’t dwell on the past forever.” Fluttershy told sunset, while scooting slightly closer to her. “Plus, if you mean what you’re saying, one day you’ll learn to forgive yourself aswell.” She said, reassuringly as Sunset looked over to her.

“How can one person be this mind numbingly nice?” She thought. “Thanks, Fluttershy, it... it means a lot.” Sunset said, with her voice sounding sincere.

“Do any of your cuts hurt?” Fluttershy asked.

“What do you mean- oh from the... y-yeah, I have some bad ones on back that are making harder to move and I also have a couple on my face that hurt a lot.” She said before pointing at one on her cheek that was on the verge of spilling blood again.

“Here, I have some medical stuff in the bathroom, come with me.” Fluttershy said, standing up.

Fluttershy took out a couple of bottles and a small container, causing Sunset to flinch a bit, not know what she was really gonna do, she never had things like this back in Equestria, and she never had to heal a wound in this world.

“Just come a bit closer.” Fluttershy said as Sunset walked up closer to her. Fluttershy cleaned up the cut quickly, constantly asking if it hurt or not. “Just hold this.” Fluttershy said, helping Sunset to hold a covering on the wound, on her.

“There’s a couple more but I think you should be fine for now.” Fluttershy reassured her as Sunset smiled, this was the first time in years that somebody had done something to help her, and it was a slightly odd feeling, but a warm and welcoming one.

“Anyways do you wanna see the room I have for you?” Fluttershy asked as Sunset responded with a “Sure.”

Fluttershy guided Sunset through the hallway to a room at their left, where Fluttershy opened the door, revealing a small room with a mattress and a couple of cardboard boxes, and somewhat oddly painted white walls.

“It’s just a guest room, the boxes are still here since we just moved in, and we haven’t furnished it just yet. I know it’s not much but it’s all I have-”

“It's... great...” Sunset as she walked in and sat down on the mattress, feeling relived to be able to finally lay on a soft bed.

“Really?” Fluttershy asked as Sunet nodded and looked around, wondering what she did to even deserve a place to stay at this point in her life, with everything that she had done, and not to mention how the one offering it, is a girl which she bullied horribly, although she admittedly felt guilty deep down throughout it.

Fluttershy sat down next to her. “So, what are YOU, going to do once were back in school?” Sunset questioned.

“Oh, more of the same, but I have this new position at the shelter, where I get to help people with choosing a pet, it’s not quite as productive as helping the animals but I think it can be helpful for other people.” She said as Sunset nodded.

Sunset started to visibly flutter her eyes open and closed as Fluttershy stood up. “Look, I need to get some rest, really...” Sunset said.

“Okay.” Fluttershy started as she walked over to the door. “Goodnight...” She said as she walked out leaving Sunset alone on the mattress.

Sunset laid down and though through the event that had transpired over the past 24 hours and how it blew her mind. She had to admit that Fluttershy seemed to be the most likable of the five girls, Pinkie was too loud, Rainbow had too much of an ego, Rarity was downright annoying with her fashion, and Applejack seemed to like she was trying too hard to be likable. Or at least that’s how Sunset had perceived them.

Maybe people really do grow on you...” She thought before realizing that tomorrow she was likely going to have to go out to visit the girls, which meant social interaction with a group of people she had bullied for the past 3 years.

“Great, this is gonna be really interesting...” She mumbled, somewhat melodramatically before finally laying down and falling asleep.


Sunset, woke up and to her dismay, had around 50 or 60 unread messages, and 4 missed calls. “Who the hell is bothering me at Seven O’clock in the morning...” She thought, at first presuming it was Pinkie Pie, and then realizing she had been added to a group chat... which had Pinkie in in it. She slowly rolled over and read the text messages to herself.

“HEEYYY GUYS”

“WE’RE MEETING AT 2 IN THE AFTERNOON FOR MILSHAKES AT SUGERCUBE CONER!!”

“SUNSET”

“ARE U GONNA COME????”

“SUNSET!”

“SUNSET SHIMMER!”

The texts from Pinkie Pie read more of the same as Sunset reluctantly went to the chat settings and copied Pinkie’s number to call her and see if she was invited or got to lay back at the house.

Ring Ring

Hey, pinkie.” She started, groggily. “I was *sigh* wondering if you really wanted me to come over to Sugercube Coner cause I’m really feeling a bit ill, and you see-”

“SUNSET OH MY GOSH YOU’RE COMING OVER WE’RE FINALLY GONNA GET TO HANG OUT AND TALK NORMALLY, AND IM GONNA SHOW YOU SO MANY OF MY NEW MILK SHAKE EXPERIMENTS!”

Sunset slowly started to move the small phone away from her ear with a dull and annoyed expression on her face, not responding till whatever Pinkie Pie was blabbering about, was done with.

“Mhm, yeah... totally, I’ll be there at 2.”

“GREAT WE’RE GONNA-”

Sunset hung up the call and fell back into bed, with annoyance, and curiosity, maybe this wouldn’t be so bad after all, sure she had to deal with Pinkie screaming like a howler monkey, and everybody probably still disliking her a fair bit. But everything is worth a chance... right?


Sunset and Fluttershy walked along the sidewalk, it was a sunny day, sure it was a bit cold, but nothing that took over 2 layers of clothing to shield yourself from. Sunset was in a nervous yet excited mood, although she thought the girls were likely going to get on her nerves, having some form of a social situation after years of being alone is quite the comforting thought.

Upon entering the door, Sunset and Fluttershy immediately were made aware of where the girls were sitting due to Pinkie wildly waving her arms in the air, as if they wouldn’t see her right away, the two of them slid into a bench.

Applejack started. “So, Sunset.”

Please don’t wanna discuss something serious, please don’t wanna discuss something serious-”

We would like to discuss somethin’ serious with you.”

“Fuck.”

We know that... over the past years we’ve been on some rough footing but, we are willin’ to start fresh with you.” Applejack finished as the other girls, somewhat uncomfortably stared at Sunset, awaiting some form of response.

“I mean... yeah, sure, why would I be here, willing to talk to you, if I didn’t want to be your friend?” She pondered out loud.

Rarity stated. “Well... we just wanted to make sure you understood what Twilight meant she said we could be friends...”

“Yeah, we thought you might think you’re better than us or still wanna be a meaniepants. But I mean I guess you are gonna try to change...” Pinkie Pie added.

“Well, what can I say? ...Turning into a demon and getting defeated by a princess from an alternate universe is quite the humbling series of events.” Sunset said nonchalantly in a somewhat joking tone causing the rest of the girls to chuckle a bit.

“If you don’t mind me asking darling, why did you and Fluttershy come in at the same time?” Rarity asked as Sunset and Fluttershy caught a millisecond long glance at each other.

“Oh, me and Sunset just bumped into each other on the way here.” Fluttershy explained as Sunset cringed a bit.

Rainbow dash leaned in a little bit to Fluttershy. “Flutters did she do anything to you?” She asked as Fluttershy responded with a gentle, “No, why?” whilst Rainbow went quiet, and glanced over to Sunset as a slightly competitive undertone was felt in between the two of them.

“So, Rainbow Dash...” Sunset began. “How’s Soccer been treating you?”

“It’s been good, then again you wouldn’t know...”

“And why do you feel a need point that out?”

“Because... well you’ve never been in any clubs of any kind, or sports, have you Sunset Shimmer?”

“No, maybe I’ll join Poetry club, music, wrestling? I mean really, I don’t understand the point in any of it.”

“No, they wouldn’t take you. Yet.” Rainbow Dash said as the mood at the table got increasingly awkward.

“I-I’m in the animals rights club.” Fluttershy mumbled quietly.

“Sorry, give me a second here.” Rainbow Dash started. “The animal rights club isn’t a social club, it doesn’t count.”

“I-It is actually.”

“Well how is that?”

“We talk about um, animal rights, and a-animals...” Fluttershy whispered.

“So, see Rainbow Dash, it’s social. Demented and sad, but social.” Sunset reassured.

“Hey! Don’t say things like that or you’re gonna be down on the ground soon.” Rainbow Dash said attempted to intimidate the girl.

“Oh, take a joke!” Sunset said, not taking Rainbow’s aggressive tone serious whatsoever.

“Girls, stop fighting we’re supposed to be having fun!” Pinkie said drawing both of their attention.

“We are having fun Pinkie, a bit of social contrive.” Sunset said in a half serious manner.

“So, tell us more about yourself Sunset.” Fluttershy said abruptly before hiding behind her hair again, in an attempt to change the topic

“I am a magical unicorn which used to be a student to Princess Celestia.” She said blandly and instantly.

“Yer’ from the other dimension too?” Applejack wondered.

“Yeah, I am, I thought Twilight would have to have clarified this by now...”

“Oh, well she didn’t so...” Rainbow Dash said awkwardly.

“Yeah, before I ran through the portal and ended up here. Although I don’t think that’s too relevant as of now. Is there anything else you guys wanted to go do?” Sunset stated and asked.

“Oh! We should go to the mall!” Rarity suggested.

“I would like to go to the mall... if that’s okay with all you... I mean we don’t have to...” Fluttershy whispered.

“I agree we should head there.” Applejack chimed in.

“You know what... why not?” Sunset said, standing up as Rainbow sighed and agreed.

A short rude look was passed from Rainbow to Sunset which she didn’t think much of, quite frankly in her eyes, Ranbow was just being egotistical, not hostile.

They left the shop, in order to go to the mall which was not too far away. Sunset was undeniably feeling uncomfortable talking to so many "friends" but getting used to it...

Author's Note:

I had the chapter pre-written so it may take a few days until another chapter is out.

Please comment feedback and constructive criticism if you would can. Thanks For Reading! :)

Comments ( 6 )
Comment posted by Red Bear deleted Jun 11th, 2021

As a Sunshyne fan I'm looking forward to the rest of the story.

I'm always up for soms SunShyne. It was one of the first Sunset ships I read and will always be one of my favourites, so I'm looking forward to see your approach on it :yay:

Maybe it's just me, but is two in the morning for a meeting and milshakes not a liiiittle bit early? :derpyderp1:

Otherwise it looks pretty well so far, but I noticed a couple of small mistakes here and there, so maybe it would be good to look for an editor to help out finding those :twilightsmile:

10856448
Haha I meant 2 in the afternoon I'll edit that. Also yeah it's a fairly underrated ship.

Launch the ship!

One of my faves.

More please or maybe news is this in the graveyard or just still incomplete 🙏🥺

Login or register to comment