• Published 7th Jun 2021
  • 584 Views, 11 Comments

My Little Origami King - Starlight Fan



Word of Mario’s heroic deeds reached Equestria, now he is headed to Equestria for a vacation via invite but King Olly takes over Equestria by folding it into his own origami vision, now Mario teams up with Olivia and Spike to save Equestria.

  • ...
 11
 584

The Everfree Forest/Ponyville

Mario woke up in some strange woods, he felt uneasy as he began looking around for Olivia and Spike but then he comes across a huge hole.

"Watch out, unless you can fly like me and Spike, I'd be careful over there Mario." Olivia warned the red plumber.

"Do you see a huge hole in the ground, I don't think you'd like falling into it." Spike called out.

"Yeah I see the hole alright, so now what do I do?" Mario asked.

"Well maybe there's a way to fix it. But how? Hmm." Olivia pondered.

"Oh I've got it, catch this." Olivia called out before throwing Mario a bag which he caught.

"What does it do?" Mario asked curiously.

"Well it's empty right now but you need to fill it with confetti." Olivia explained "If you gather enough confetti and sprinkle it on that hole, it might just fix the problem."

"Not to be rude but can you hurry up, we're a bit stuck." Spike said.

"Can you try hitting flowers, grass, and trees with your hammer to knock confetti loose." Olivia suggested.

"And once you're done me and Spike might need rescuing again, so sorry." Olivia admitted bashfully.

Mario began hitting trees, flowers, and grass and it ended up knocking the confetti out, he collected it with the bag and went back to fill the hole with the confetti.

Once the hole was filled up Spike began speaking "Did it work, it sounded like it worked."

"Well if it worked this one time, it should work every time you find one of these, call me optimistic." Olivia said.

Mario then walked through the path to find Olivia's head stuck in the ground and Spike stuck on a tree.

"Oh no, I hope you won't remember me for this moment alone Mario." Olivia said blushing in embarrassment "Maybe you can help me get my head unstuck somehow."

"Yeah and can you get me down from this tree, I'm stuck in between the branches." Spike said.

"Sure thing guys." Mario said before pulling Olivia off of the ground.

"Whew, that's much better, thank you." Olivia said happily.

Mario then smacks the tree sending Spike tumbling down the tree.

“Thanks.” Spike said a bit scratched up.

"All right now...where are we?" Olivia asked curiously.

"Oh I can answer that, we're in the Everfree Forest." Spike explained.

"Do you know how to get out of here?" Olivia asked in hope.

"Well not really, this could be a problem." Spike rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

Mario and Spike began exploring the area while Olivia stayed in Mario’s pocket. Mario began collecting confetti along the way when they came across a magic circle.

Olivia then jumped out of Mario’s pocket and began speaking “Ooh one of these, here?”

“Oh that means my brother is already folding the world to his whim that’s bad news.” Olivia pointed out.

“Oh no.” Spike said, scared.

Mario then used the magic circle to gain the 1,000 fold arms and bashed the tree down creating a bridge to the other side.

Mario then hit a question mark block which contained a mushroom.

Mario, Spike, and Olivia then continued to traverse through the Everfree Forest they then saw a mountain.

“Hey look it’s the Canterlot Castle and it’s all wrapped up in streamers.” Spike pointed out.

“My brother’s probably still in there with the princesses. Ooh he’s probably just plotting away.” Olivia remarked “I’m going to stop you brother, as your sister it is my duty.”

“Oh speaking of brothers, um...” Olivia said with hesitation “I saw a green hat falling into the hole where the castle used to be. I’m so sorry the green hat was related to your hat wasn’t it?”

“Yes it was, my brother wore that hat.” Mario explained.

“Ooh I just knew I was right about that hat, this is a big problem.” Olivia said worried.

“It might be good to hurry back to Canterlot so we can see what’s going on and so we can find your brother Mario.” Spike suggested.

“Yes let’s-a do that.” Mario said before he and Spike began exploring the Everfree Forest some more until they saw a Toad all bent up stuck in a shrub.

“Uh oh what’s that?” Olivia asked.

“Some kind of face...head...hat... thing is stuck in that shrub, I’ve got a bad feeling.” Olivia called out.

“I’m a Toad!” The Toad called out.

“Wait that’s what a Toad looks like, wow I was way off.” Olivia said.

“That’s because my face is all folded up, please help me!” The Toad begged.

“Don’t worry little guy I’ll-a help you.” Mario said before destroying the shrub with his hammer.

“That’s marginally better, now I just need some flattening out.” The Toad said still bent up.

Mario then used his hammer to flatten the Toad out making him no longer folded.

“I’m flat again, thank you.” The Toad said happily standing up.

“I don’t mean to be rude Toad, but how did your face end up so bent and wonky?” Spike asked.

“Oh it’s bad, real bad.” The Toad explained fearfully “These horrible folded guys showed up and started folding Toads and ponies left and right.”

“Most of us got folded before we could ask what was going on.” The Toad explained.


Mario noticed Spike looked very worried, and he couldn’t blame the dragon as his friends obviously meant a lot to him, so he had a right to be worried.

“Aaaaugh I just retraumatised myself.” The Toad said before running off panicking.

“Sounds like Folded Soldiers to me, this must be my brother’s doing.” Olivia told Mario and Spike.

“I know we’ve got a few other things on our plate but we’ll help any Toads and ponies we find, right Mario and Spike?” Olivia asked.

“Of course we can.” Spike beamed.

“Yes I will make sure to help the Toads and ponies anyway I can.” Mario nodded as Olivia went back in his pocket.

Soon Mario and Spike came across a bunch of tents, Mario thought he heard someone in there screaming and opened it up.

Mario saw a bent pony and her with the hammer to bring her back to normal.

“Oh my gosh you’re the world famous Mario, we’ll thanks for saving me, I’ve been in there for a long time.” The pony spoke happily.

“You’re welcome.” Mario said with glee before going through the area getting more confetti and sprinkling it in a hole.

Soon four Folded Goombas showed up and were charging at Mario and Spike.

Mario and Spike began getting into battle positions.

Mario began jumping on one Goomba’s head while Spike punches one in the face and breathes fire on another one, Olly said that they were strong against fire not that they were immune to it so it could still damage them so he used that to his advantage.

As two folded Goombas began attacking Spike, Mario jumped in between the three and used his hammer on the two Folded Goombas knocking them out.

Spike then kicked two other Folded Goombas in the face knocking them out.

Mario put his ear on all the Folded Goombas.

“Okay they’re still breathing but they’re weak, we have to get out of here before they attack again.” Mario exclaimed which Spike nodded at before they both left.

They then saw a fireplace and a yellow Toad stuck on a log, so Mario decided to pull him out.

“Oh thank you, I don’t know why I was trying to cut firewood like that I have plenty more.” The yellow Toad said.

Mario then hit another tree to get confetti when a folded creature came down, Mario smacked it with it’s hammer revealing it as a Toad.

“Thanks Mario, it was annoying being stuck in that tree.” The Toad said.

Mario and Spike went along the Forest while saving a few Toads and ponies along the way until they saw an opening to a village.


“Look guys it’s Ponyville, my hometown, we gotta head over there, there is a train station that leads to Canterlot.” Spike pointed out excitedly.

Olivia then got out of Mario’s pocket.

“Well what are we waiting for, let’s go.” Olivia said with the same amount of excitement as Spike.

“Alright then that will probably help us.” Mario shrugged as they got out of the Everfree Forest and headed to Ponyville.

When they got to Ponyville they were searching for any Toads and ponies.

“Hmm, it doesn’t look like there’s anyone here.” Olivia pointed out “Oh look there’s a hollow spot over there, which means my brother has been here already , and I’m pretty sure he was up to no good.”

“No somepony has to be here? Big Mac?! Discord?! Starlight?! Anypony?” Spike called out beginning to feel heartbroken.

Mario patted the dragon on the back “It’ll be okay, we’ll find your friends soon.”

“Thanks Mario.” Spike said feeling a little better.

“Hold on there is someone here.” Olivia said looking at a big paper macho Goomba that was doing something to Twilight’s crystal castle.

“Are my eyes playing tricks on me or is that creature way, way too big to be real?” Olivia asked.

“It’s not like any origami I’ve seen before and what is it doing to that castle?” Olivia said.

The paper macho Goomba then turns around with confetti on it’s face.

“IT’S EATING IT!” Olivia yelled incredulously.

“Eww, it’s eating the castle I can’t imagine how yucky that must taste.” Olivia said grossed out “These macho papery things must be the source of the holes we’ve been seeing everywhere, Ugh.”

The paper macho Goomba then turns around again to eat the castle and the group notices an Olly sticker on the paper macho Goomba.

“Wait, look at that thing’s back, that’s a seal of my brother’s face.” Olivia pointed out.

“That might mean that Olly is powering it somehow.” Spike guessed.

“If that’s the case, the seal might be some sort of weak point.” Mario said.

“Maybe if you hit the seal it will get weaker somehow. And then you can take it down.” Olivia said.

Mario then hit the seal on the paper macho Goomba, and began battling it, he began hitting the seal again and again until the paper macho Goomba exploded in confetti.

“So the weak point on that paper macho soldier was my brother’s seal. You should remember that.” Olivia said.

Mario then sprinkled confetti on the castle restoring it back to normal, Spike decided to go inside the castle to see if anyone was there.

To his surprise he, Mario, and Olivia saw a bunch of Toads and ponies inside.

“What the? What’s going on?” Spike asked.

“I think I can answer that.” A voice began speaking which Spike recognized immediately.

“Starlight!” Spike said happily tackling her in a hug.

“Gee Spike, you’re pretty happy.” Starlight said smiling.

“I was just so worried about you and the rest of our friends.” Spike said.

“Well don’t worry about me, I’m fine but what happened to Twilight and the others?” Starlight asked concerned. “Weren’t you guys preparing for the festival?”

“Well a bunch of folded soldiers began attacking us, and Twilight told me to run so I did, and now Canterlot has been taken over by the Origami King, King Olly.” Spike explained.

“King Olly, I remember that name, he was attacking Ponyville with Bowser’s minions and some giant paper Goombas, I tried to use my magic on them but it didn’t affect them as much as I would hope, so I made sure all the Toads and ponies were safe in the castle but then I couldn’t open the door due to the hole in the castle wall.” Starlight told the group.

“Oh apparently there’s a seal on the giant Goombas backs that’s their weak point.” Olivia explained.

“And you are?” Starlight asked curiously.

“Oh how rude of us, we forgot to introduce ourselves I am Olivia and this is Mario.” Olivia explained.

“Oh so you’re Mario sorry I didn’t see you there, nice to meet you I’m Starlight Glimmer.” Starlight shook Mario’s hand with her hoof.

“Anyway were about to head to the train to Canterlot.” Spike explained “Wanna come with us?”

“Sure, and on the way we could probably try and turn the folded soldiers back to normal.” Starlight beamed.

“Wait? But Olivia said we-a can’t turn them back to normal.” Mario pointed out.

“While I was in here, I was searching up some spells to see what was going on with Bowser’s minions as they were definitely mind controlled, so I took a look and saw that Olly was using the Fold of Corruption, where whoever folds someone into origami makes them a mindless minion, it’s a forbidden spell and only some are immune to it.” Starlight explained.

“So that explains why Bowser’s minions now follow Olly.” Olivia said.

“But there is a reversal spell, if I unfold them using my magic it should turn them back to normal.” Starlight said “But here’s one issue, Olly’s spell is really strong, but I’m thinking if Mario weakens the Folded Soldiers I can use the spell and turn them back to normal.”

“Okay that sounds like a plan.” Mario said.

“Great, I’m happy to join your quest.” Starlight said happily.

Soon Mario, Olivia, Spike, and Starlight went outside and saw a Folded Goomba and Folded Koopa waiting for them.

Mario and Spike began battling the Folded Koopa and Goomba, while Mario jumped on the Koopa making it hide in it’s shell, Spike punched the Goomba, the Goomba began charging at Mario but Mario counterattacks by jumping on him. The Koopa gets out of his shell but Spike kicks it sending him to the ground. Both Folded Soldiers were then seen tired.

“Okay I think that’s enough.” Starlight said as she then began performing the spell the Koopa and Goomba suddenly unfolded and they were now no longer Folded Soldiers but they were now back to normal.

“Whoa what happened?” The Koopa asked.

“I don’t know, last thing I remember is being at Canterlot, and then suddenly we were being folded.” The Goomba said.

“You guys were turned into mindless Folded Soldiers but we turned you back to normal.” Starlight explained.

“Oh well thank you for helping us.” The Koopa said with gratitude.

“Yeah I’m glad I have a mind again.” The Goomba said happily.

“Sure thing just stay away from a purple origami guy and a bunch of folded minions.” Spike advised.

“Got it.” The Goomba said before he and The Koopa left.

“Well I guess I was wrong about not being able to turn them back to normal but then again my brother probably lied when he said we couldn’t turn them back to normal.” Olivia said.

“Well that makes sense, let’s-a go get all of the Folded Soldiers back to normal.” Mario said with everyone nodding in agreement.

Meanwhile in Tartarus there were two creatures in cages, one was a red flimsy centaur while the other was a filly with a pink coat, blue curly hair, and wings

“Psst Tirek.” Cozy Glow whispered.

“It is Lord Tirek and what is it now?” Tirek groaned.

“I just wanted to make sure you can see my best friend rock sculpture.” Cozy Glow beamed pointing towards a statue of her and Tirek making the centaur groan.

Suddenly the two teleported away via a purple aura.

Meanwhile in the Everfree Forest a black changeling with blue hair, named Chrysalis was ranting “One day, you'll see! I will defeat Twilight Sparkle and her friends! And they will pay for stealing my kingdom!”

She also was then teleported away by a purple aura.

In the underground a stick was used to make some symbol which ended up causing black smoke with green eyes and a red horn to appear.

Bits and pieces of a statue was seen on the ground, a purple aura then teleported those pieces away.

Soon Tirek, Cozy Glow, and Chrysalis found themselves in the Canterlot castle.

“Lord Tirek!” Chrysalis said angrily.

“A changeling? See she gets it.” Tirek pointed out to Cozy Glow.

“Chrysalis, queen of the changelings! Or at least I will be, when I'm restored to my rightful place! Why did you summon me? What do you want?!” Chrysalis said flaring up her horn.

“Gah, oh golly. We didn't bring you! I thought you freed us from Tartarus!” Cozy Glow said hiding behind Tirek.

“Tartarus? Whoever pulled you from there must have been somepony very powerful indeed.” Chrysalis remarked.

They suddenly heard an evil laugh as they soon see King Sombra appearing from black smoke.

“King Sombra! You have returned? Why did you bring us here?” Chrysalis asked as Tirek flared up his horns threateningly.

“He didn’t but I did.” A voice spoke from above.

Soon the figure flew down revealing itself to be Olly.

“You may call me King Olly.” Olly spoke.

“Wait? Who’s Olly?” Cozy Glow asked Tirek who shrugged.

“Foolish pegasus, I have freed you all so we can work together, however not everyone is here yet.” Olly said before putting together the statue he summoned before using an ancient spell to bring it back to life revealing it to be the Storm King.

“Woo it feels good to be out of there, Uh who are you?” The Storm King said.

“For the last time I am the Origami King, King Olly and I have brought you here because together we will take over this puny land equally and crush all of it’s resistance.” Olly explained.

“And why should I listen to you, I King Sombra work alone.” King Sombra spoke with defiance.

“So you dare to defy me, oh well I tried to be nice but now you shall feel my wrath.” Olly said angrily before levitating Sombra to the air and folding him up into a square like Bowser was.

“Wait, what’s going on, I demand you release me.” Sombra demanded.

“Very well I will release you into the fire.” Olly laughed before levitating Sombra next to a torch, for once Sombra felt fear as he desperately squirmed to try and break free.

“Fine I will join you.” Sombra yelled.

“Glad we see things my way,” Olly smirked before releasing Sombra and unfolding him back to his original form.

King Sombra shook off the fear he felt earlier “I wasn’t really scared I just didn’t feel like dying again.”

“Now any more questions?” Olly asked threatningly as the remaining villains shook their heads with fear.

“Good, now you will all go to the separate areas I will be assigning you to, with some of my Folded Soldiers and we will rule Equestria together.” Olly ordered.

“Got it.” Chrysalis rolled her eyes.

“Fine.” Tirek groaned.

“Good, soon this Kingdom will be all mine.” Olly deviously said to himself.

Author's Note:

This is going to be different from the canon Origami King, I'm sure you've noticed that because I removed the talking trees and this is Equestria. I don't hate them but I couldn't find a way to fit them in the plot.

I love Origami King and I think it's a great game but for this crossover to work, I need to make some changes.

So I added Tirek, Cozy Glow, Chrysalis, King Sombra, and Storm King because I felt there would be potential to have them here, they will be replacing the Legion of Stationary because while I don’t hate them, I need to make room for the five villains.

Comments ( 7 )

You could assign one of the MLP villains with the Legion of Stationary. Under threat from King Olly of obey his loyal legion or get turned into Origami Troops. Just a suggestion or a though

“While I was in here, I was searching up some spells to see what was going on with Bowser’s minions as they were definitely mind controlled, so I took a look and saw that Olly was using the Fold of Corruption, where whoever folds someone into origami makes them a mindless minion, it’s a forbidden spell and only some are immune to it.” Starlight explained.

If only some are immune to it, then why wasn't Luna immune to it?
Given her mind should be stronger and she is attributed with darkness there.
It makes even more embarrassing she fell to the mind-control too.

10874701
If it makes you feel better some of our main characters like Mario and Chrysalis are immune but I’m not gonna lie, I didn’t think about Luna’s dream powers, I honestly needed a way for Olly to overpower the princesses so I used mind control as an excuse.

10874705
That seriously doesn't make it ok.
Luna's dream powers would have made her mind strong enough.

And having her be mind-controlled is not only humiliating her but doing her character so dirty here and poorly handling here.
Sorry if I seem harsh, I am pretty upset with what happened to Luna but I think at the moment something else set me off to make me feel more agitated than I should at the moment. Sorry..

10878514
It’s okay I’m not mad. On the plus side my rewrite of My Little Total Drama has a new chapter I hope you check it out.

10878643
Which chapter actually?

Still though.. the problem about Luna is still there..

10886610
Basically from Party Pooped to the rest of the chapters currently there.

Login or register to comment